Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4608199 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) (3958) (3959) (3960) ... (6195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Iniesta....... That guy was a brilliant playmaker and an all-round player.
Call me old school but laudraup was a beast. He is our own version of Zidane. As awesome as Iniesta I will pick laud.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

Call me old school but Laudrup was a beast. He is our own version of Zidane. As awesome as Iniesta I will pick laud.

I know Laudrup. Of course, I do respect him as a worthy competitor, but trust me, I'll pick Iniesta anytime. Man, this guy was a beast. He was just partially unlucky to have played with other great players ( in the name of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and the likes).

Iniesta had in the past single-handedly won games for Barcelona than Laudrup, not only that. The former was more of a possesive, playmaker and even scorer than Laudrup.

Truth is, I'll practically say Iniesta was a refined version of Zidane than Laudrup would be.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

I didn't say best player or greatest I said most important.
The "most important person" in Barcelonas history to me is Cruyff. Every time. Without Cruyff, we don't have our philosophy. We don't have possession-based football. We don't have the Golden Generation. There is *literally* no La Masia without Cruyff.

Cruyff's contribution to the club is unrivaled in history.

Cruff's philosophy was not really effective until Messi came into the picture( at least not in the global European stage, - UCL and the likes). Cruff's might have brought in the philosophy but Messi was the major instigator and the very one that threw it into major limelight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downplaying his contribution but I'm only saying Messi has been the major click to making sure that the philosophy was a bomb. Xavi and Iniesta were also a major contribution too.

You can as well consider other team's that have upheld that kind of philosophy and check out their achievement, without Messi.

So yes, Messi is a more important player to Barcelona's history than Cyruff.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

We were not dominant away from home with Prime Messi Xavi and Iniesta in the Champions league. 2015 Prime MSN team had arguably the greatest European Football run in a single season. At one point, we won 12 out of 13 home and AWAY big games in 2015. Atletico x 5, RM x 2, PSG X 2, City x 2, Bayern, Juve. I don't think we had that sort of results dominance even in 2011 or 2009.

Correct.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Cruff's philosophy was not really effective until Messi came into the picture( at least not in the global European stage, - UCL and the likes). Cruff's might have brought in the philosophy but Messi was the major instigator and the very one that threw it into major limelight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downplaying his contribution but I'm only saying Messi has been the major click to making sure that the philosophy was a bomb. Xavi and Iniesta were also a major contribution too.

You can as well consider other team's that have upheld that kind of philosophy and check out their achievement, without Messi.

So yes, Messi is a more important player to Barcelona's history than Cyruff.
We won numerous league titles and a champions title before Messi came into the picture all thanks to Cruyff and his philosophy. We also won another champions league before Messi became the man main. All that was possible because of the philosophy Cruyff laid down. Without Messi we probably would have a different player there not as good but he would fit within our philosophy and we still win trophy's, not as much as now but we will still be a top club. All you have to do is look at the success of Spain.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
FirstbornWds:

I know Laudrup. Of course, I do respect him as a worthy competitor, but trust me, I'll pick Iniesta anytime. Man, this guy was a beast. He was just partially unlucky to have played with other great players ( in the name of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and the likes).

Iniesta had in the past single-handedly won games for Barcelona than Laudrup, not only that. The former was more of a possesive, playmaker and even scorer than Laudrup.

Truth is, I'll practically say Iniesta was a refined version of Zidane than Laudrup would be.
Are we talking about the same Laudrup?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

Are we talking about the same Laudrup?

We are
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
FirstbornWds:

We are
Ok let's not go back and forth on this issue even though you are verrrrrrrrrrrrrry very wrong.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

We won numerous league titles and a champions title before Messi came into the picture all thanks to Cruyff and his philosophy. We also won another champions league before Messi became the man main. All that was possible because of the philosophy Cruyff laid down. Without Messi we probably would have a different player there not as good but he would fit within our philosophy and we still win trophy's, not as much as now but we will still be a top club. All you have to do is look at the success of Spain.

Brother, Cryuff:s philosophy was great. It won us trophies no fount but trust me, Messi made the difference. Spain did greatly adapting to that style but it really didn't last. Check out how far they gave faired since winning the Euros. They have always been the need to have some sort of outstanding player(s) to get the job done. Iniesta was Spain's talisman then. But when he started declining and couldn't penetrate upfront as much as he did in the past, they started declining.

The same can be said about Guardiola's style and implementation in Bayern and Man City(early days). There really wasn't an exceptional olayer to get it done even while they held more possession.

Arsene whenger adopted the same but he really couldn't conquer the global stage.

Same goes for Real Madrid Lopetugi.. He implemented the style well enough but there was no exception to it.

Forgive me, I don't mean to be rude to Cryuff's philosophy but I just need to be plain as it should be. Messi made it quite a big deal than he, the implementer. Even Guardiola did it better at Barcleona
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

Ok let's not go back and forth on this issue even though you are verrrrrrrrrrrrrry very wrong.

Educate me please
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Brother, Cryuff:s philosophy was great. It won us trophies no fount but trust me, Messi made the difference. Spain did greatly adapting to that style but it really didn't last. Check out how far they gave faired since winning the Euros. They have always been the need to have some sort of outstanding player(s) to get the job done. Iniesta was Spain's talisman then. But when he started declining and couldn't penetrate upfront as much as he did in the past, they started declining.

The same can be said about Guardiola's style and implementation in Bayern and Man City(early days). There really wasn't an exceptional olayer to get it done even while they held more possession.

Arsene whenger adopted the same but he really couldn't conquer the global stage.

Same goes for Real Madrid Lopetugi.. He implemented the style well enough but there was no exception to it.

Forgive me, I don't mean to be rude to Cryuff's philosophy but I just need to be plain as it should be. Messi made it quite a big deal than he, the implementer. Even Guardiola did it better at Barcleona
Spain was successfully Yes or No? And Iniesta was never Spain talisman. Do you know the meaning of talisman? Bro like I said let's not go back and forth on this issue. You say Messi and I respect that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Educate me please
Don't worry bro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godx:

Spain was successfully Yes or No? And Iniesta was never Spain talisman. Do you know the meaning of talisman? Bro like I said let's not go back and forth on this issue. You say Messi and I respect that.

Interesting. Okay
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Astark: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
If Ronaldo was to made poll on his Twitter comparing himself with Messi,Messi will still win.

grin see how they are crying that Messi fans voted him

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vykinx: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
�ALL INDIVIDUAL AWARDS OF LIONEL MESSI:
♦️1. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2005.
♦️2. Golden Boy by Tuttosport 2005
♦️3. FIFPro Young Player of the Year 2006
♦️4. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2007
♦️5. Bronze Ball 2007
♦️6. Bravo Award by Guerin Sportivo 2007
♦️7. FIFPro Young Player of the Year 2007
♦️8. UEFA.com Goal of the Season 2007
♦️9. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2008
♦️10. Silver Ball 2008
♦️11. FIFPro Young Player of the Year 2008
♦️12. Ballon d'Or / Golden Ball 2009
♦️13. FIFA World Player of the Year 2009
♦️14. UEFA Club Footballer of the Year 2009
♦️15. Champions League Golden Boot 2009
♦️16. La Liga Player of the Season 2009
♦️17 . Onze d'Or by Onze Mondial 2009
♦️18. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2009
♦️19. World Soccer Best Player 2009
♦️20 . Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2009
♦️21. UEFA Best Forward in Europe Award 2009
♦️22. Ballon d'Or / Golden Ball 2010
♦️23. European Golden Shoe / Golden Boot 2010
♦️24. Spanish League Top Scorer 2010
♦️25. Champions League Golden Boot 2010
♦️26. La Liga Player of the Season 2010
♦️27. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2010
♦️28. Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2010
♦️29. Ballon d'Or / Golden Ball 2011
♦️30. UEFA Best Player in Europe Award 2011
♦️31. Champions League Golden Boot 2011
♦️32. Onze d'Or by Onze Mondial 2011
♦️33. Olimpia de Oro - Argentine Sportsperson of the Year 2011
♦️34. La Liga Player of the Season 2011
♦️35. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2011
♦️36. Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2011
♦️37. World Soccer Best Player 2011
♦️38. IFFHS World's Best Top Goal Scorer 2011
♦️39. Ballon d'Or / Golden Ball 2012
♦️40. European Golden Shoe / Golden Boot 2012
♦️41. Spanish League Top Scorer 2012
♦️42. Champions League Golden Boot 2012
♦️43. Onze d'Or by Onze Mondial 2012
♦️44. La Liga Player of the Season 2012
♦️45. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2012
♦️46. World Soccer Best Player 2012
♦️47. IFFHS World's Best Top Goal Scorer 2012
♦️48. IFFHS World's Best Top Division Goal Scorer 2012
♦️49. European Golden Shoe / Golden Boot 2013
♦️50. Spanish League Top Scorer 2013
♦️51. La Liga Player of the Season 2013
♦️52. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2013
♦️53. Silver Ball 2013
♦️54. IFFHS World's Best Top Division Goal Scorer 2013
♦️55. FIFA World Cup Golden Ball 2014
♦️56. Silver Ball 2014
♦️57. Ballon d'Or / Golden Ball 2015
♦️58. MVP Copa América 2015
♦️59. UEFA Best Player in Europe Award 2015
♦️60. Champions League Golden Boot 2015
♦️61. La Liga Player of the Season 2015
♦️62. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2015
♦️63. IFFHS World's Best Playmaker 2015
♦️64. World Soccer Best Player 2015
♦️65. Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2015
♦️66. UEFA Goal of the Season 2015
♦️67. Silver Ball 2016
♦️68. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2016
♦️69. IFFHS World's Best Playmaker 2016
♦️70. UEFA.com Goal of the Season 2016
♦️71. European Golden Shoe / Golden Boot 2017
♦️72. Spanish League Top Scorer 2017
♦️73. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2017
♦️74. Silver Ball 2017
♦️75. Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2017
♦️76. IFFHS World's Best Playmaker 2017
♦️77. IFFHS World's Best Top Division Goal Scorer 2017
♦️78. European Golden Shoe / Golden Boot 2018
♦️79. Spanish League Top Scorer 2018
♦️80. Onze d'Or by Onze Mondial 2018
♦️81. IFFHS World's Best Top Division Goal Scorer 2018
♦️82. Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2018
♦️83. Ballon d'Or / Golden Ball 2019
♦️84. European Golden Shoe / Golden Boot 2019
♦️85. FIFA The Best 2019
♦️86. Spanish League Top Scorer 2019
♦️87. Champions League Golden Boot 2019
♦️88. Olimpia de Plata - Argentine Player of the Year 2019
♦️89. Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano 2019
♦️90. World Soccer Best Player 2019
♦️91. IFFHS World's Best Playmaker 2019
♦️92. UEFA Best Forward in Europe Award 2019
♦️93. UEFA Champions League Goal of the Season 2019
♦️94. Laureus Award - Sportsman of the year
➡️�Messi has now won 94 individual awards‼️
Most by any player.

*Happy Blessed Sunday*

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by taiocol: 7:57am On Apr 06, 2020
Why will anyone want to compare prime Messi-Xavi-Ineista to MsN undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:47am On Apr 06, 2020
taiocol:
Why will anyone want to compare prime Messi-Xavi-Ineista to MsN undecided
Because football nowadays has become a game of numbers especially goals.

Gone are the days when Midfield Maestros received their due props.

Xavi
Iniesta
Pirlo
Zidane
Riquelme
Scholes

I weep

cry cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by taiocol: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
ddippset:
Because football nowadays has become a game of numbers especially goals.

Gone are the days when Midfield Maestros received their due props.

Xavi
Iniesta
Pirlo
Zidane
Riquelme
Scholes

I weep

cry cry

Na Messi and Ronaldo start all this Rubbish

Am disappointed seeing people pick MsN over the other Trio

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
FirstbornWds:

He should implement and win numerous trophies for his country as well. The implementer bwhahahahah.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Melvyn11:

He should implement and win numerous trophies for his country as well. The implementer bwhahahahah.

Trash
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Godx:
Laudraup vs Iniesta who do you think was better for barca.
Laudrup
Godx:
Most important player in Barca history.
Cruyff
Godx:
Suarez vs Eto who are you taking
Potato, Potàto. I can't decide.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
taiocol:

Na Messi and Ronaldo start all this Rubbish

Am disappointed seeing people pick MsN over the other Trio

Bros. MSN was way above the MXI. While the latter help retained dominance, the former refined, rebranded and sold it off with a more daring appearance.

Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta were a force to reckon with but e n reach MSN level abeg.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sommyroy10:
LaudrupCruyffPotato, Potàto. I can't decide.
Finally someone who is not blinded by recent bias.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Trash
Bwhahahahah Mr Implementer.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
Pep lost his mum to corona virus
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
haymekus:
Pep lost his mum to corona virus
Wow

Serious?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
Godx:

Eto'o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
Godx:
Here's an actual tough question:

Would you take prime Messi - Xavi - Iniesta (2011) or prime MSN (2015)?

MSN
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
Saw this on twitter just now

Messi and Ronaldo against Premier League TOP 6 clubs

Messi: 26 goals in 34 games

Ronaldo: 28 goals in 79 games

Messi: 2 hattricks in 34 games

Ronaldo: 0 hattricks in 79 games

Ronaldo conquered Premier League and Messi would fail in the Premier League according to some people

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hinohsend: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
Godx:

Suarez

Godx:
Laudraup vs Iniesta who do you think was better for barca.

Iniesta, close though.

Godx:
Most important player in Barca history.

Messi by far. Most important coach and person in Barça's history is Cruyff though.

Edit: Messi is the most important person in Barca's history.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
Melvyn11:

Messi won an Olympic gold medal with Argentina at Beijing 2008 and he also won the under-20 World Cup. Let's hope Argentina is his country.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
biomustry:

Messi won an Olympic gold medal with Argentina at Beijing 2008 and he also won the under-20 World Cup. Let's hope Argentina is his country.
What are those rubbish you are listing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) (3958) (3959) (3960) ... (6195) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.