Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4598553 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4028) (4029) (4030) (4031) (4032) (4033) (4034) ... (6191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2020
Scoring goals against bottom half of the Laliga doesn't give you best player of the season...

Say NO to statpadding

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2020
This season was a disaster, it all started when the board did not do away with Valverde before the season started

We went on to be defeated in Saudi Arabia when we were already leading 2-1, Valverde got sacked, there was chaos between the board and the players, Bilbao dumped us out of the Copa del rey, another chaos between Abidal and Messi and his assistant captains. Then COVID -19 came to help us relax.

Real Madrid started right out of the gates when the league restarted, but we dropped points until we were displaced from the top of the table, and we dropped points again and again, then it came to a point that we were hoping for a miracle to happen so that we can go back to the top, something we didn't value last year, or two years ago, but this year we were praying so hard for it.

We deserved nothing this season and we got it, I don't see this team going beyond the quarter finals of the UCL, I just hope Napoli dumps us out, I don't want to face another embarrassment at the hands of Bayern Munich.

But for forever
#Forca_Barca

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:
True.

The bolded is what I gotta add. 7 titles out of 10!

And that's the reason for the lack of motivation.
It's natural though.

This loss should make them hungrier to fight for it next season
We'll see.

However, you can have all the hunger in the world but a mismanaged, lumbering team will never achieve much. Recent European disappointments should have provided the kick the team needed to go for more success but as we could see, they have all flattered to deceive.

Mediocre managers, disillusioned board members and a grossly aging team have all contributed to Barca having a weak, poorly-motivated team, who only show flashes of brilliance every once in a while and then goes out in a whimper the very next day. Last 3 years has seen a Barca in a steady decline. New players bought with lots of money have failed to adapt. Other players have all sat back and failed to raise their game when needed. Eric Abidal joining the management team has coincided with the worst of Barca in years. I dont even know his role in this club.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2020
wman:
The board self get blame.

Recent transfers has been poor. Plus an aging and unfit squad. The team lacks that firepower. The same Barca that used to be star studded in all areas. With star players on the bench and even getting sold if they couldn't make the cut.

Over reliance on Messi. No show if Messi fails to turn up. Unlike when you could count on Neymar to bail the team out.

The presence of Messi and winning the League multiple times hid the deficiencies.

then you guys signed Pjanic for 60m+

Hmmm, when Tiago could possibly join Liverpool for half that fee.

A players confidence usually would be if a club chases me seriously and pays expensively in hundreds of millions for me, it means I would be of value but the way players who have forced their moves to barca have ended, I doubt any player(attacker) would take such risk of joining (especially Martinez of inter)

Why spend 120m on players you will bench and want to sell

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 8:08am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:
True.

The bolded is what I gotta add. 7 titles out of 10!

And that's the reason for the lack of motivation.
It's natural though.

This loss should make them hungrier to fight for it next season
which 7 titles out of 10 who is deceiving you, how did you count it, from where did you begin.

From 2010/2011 till this season is 10 seasons a decade in which Barca has 6titles and 2UCLs undecided

While Madrid added 3titles to it's already massive 31, bringing it to 34. And 4 UCL titles, bringing about the 13 UCL legendary wins. grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2020
jpmoriarti:
We'll see.

However, you can have all the hunger in the world but a mismanaged, lumbering team will never achieve much. Recent European disappointments should have provided the kick the team needed to go for more success but as we could see, they have all flattered to deceive.

Mediocre managers, disillusioned board members and a grossly aging team have all contributed to Barca having a weak, poorly-motivated team, who only show flashes of brilliance every once in a while and then goes out in a whimper the very next day. Last 3 years has seen a Barca in a steady decline. New players bought with lots of money have failed to adapt. Other players have all sat back and failed to raise their game when needed. Eric Abidal joining the management team has coincided with the worst of Barca in years. I dont even know his role in this club.
Though I've not confirmed but I hear this is one of the closest la liga in years.
So even in our terrible season we still gave a good fight.
And last night even if Madrid has had dropped points we would never have capitalized because our coach stop had to select a weakened side.
That is due to the coach.

And it's a league competition.

No matter how good your team is, if external forces which do not allow your opponents to drop any points, you still lose!

The squad needs to be refreshened.

Players that have to go; Suarez, Alba, and Rakitic.

Players that must be given more playing time: Antsu Fati, Puig, De Jong.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2020
TLona1:

He is the best player in the league this season with miles.

23 goals and 20 assists is not easy at all.

Hmmm, still outscored from open play by Benzemisser and lower than Ororo, lost the league title yet should be the best player. How, why, for what, where na
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:
Though I've not confirmed but I hear this is one of the closest la liga in years.
So even in our terrible season we still gave a good fight.
And last night even if Madrid has had dropped points we would never have capitalized because our coach stop had to select a weakened side.
That is due to the coach.

And it's a league competition.

No matter how good your team is, if external forces which do not allow your opponents to drop any points, you still lose!

The squad needs to be refreshened.

Players that have to go; Suarez, Alba, and Rakitic.

Players that must be given more playing time: Antsu Fati, Puig, De Jong.
Of course, laliga this season has been close. If Real Madrid were to have their own bleak season like we did this time, they would finish the season 19 points behind!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:17am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
which 7 titles out of 10 who is deceiving you, how did you count it, from where did you begin.

From 2010/2011 till this season is 10 seasons a decade in which Barca has 6titles and 2UCLs undecided

While Madrid added 3titles to it's already massive 31, bringing it to 34. And 4 UCL titles, bringing about the 13 UCL legendary wins. grin
Is this guy okay at all?

Or are you typing under the influence?

I was talking about a lack of motivation as one of the reasons for this loss.
And so out of the 10 titles before this one Barca won 7, Madrid won 2 and Athletico won 1.

So i said 7 out of 10. Where did I mention decade in my post?

And Where did I argue that Barca had won more than Madrid or won more UCL than Madrid?

You either 'up' your comprehension ability or stay off substance.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:

A players confidence usually would be if a club chases me seriously and pays expensively in hundreds of millions for me, it means I would be of value but the way players who have forced their moves to barca have ended, I doubt any player(attacker) would take such risk of joining (especially Martinez of inter)

Signing Pjanic was to balance the books. Reason the purchase had to be made before June 30. It was purely business.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:
Is this guy okay at all?

Or are you typing under the influence?

I was talking about a lack of motivation as one of the reasons for this loss.
And so out of the 10 titles before this one Barca won 7, Madrid won 2 and Athletico won 1.

So i said 7 out of 10. Where did I mention decade in my post?

And Where did I argue that Barca had win more than Madrid or won more UCL than Madrid?

You either 'up' your comprehension ability or stay off substance.
don't play dumb, when u quoted someone and bolded the whole "the last 10 years" undecided

wait are you actually dumb shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Hmmm, still outscored from open play by Benzemisser and lower than Ororo, lost the league title yet should be the best player. How, why, for what, where na
grin grin

See Benzema ooh!

With or witout the league, the day a person like Benzema AKA Big Benz registers 23 Goals and 20 Assists in one season he becomes a candidate for Ballon dor not even ordinary La Liga player of the season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Signing Pjanic was to balance the books. Reason the purchase had to be made before June 30. It was purely business.
ya true, read that somewhere but why not sell and balance the books like others do
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2020
Everything can still turn around for the best and yes we can still win the champions league. LET me explain. The players are capable, all that is needed is a new positive Energy. IF there is one thing i am confident in, is that Bayern munich cannot eliminate Barcelona. You can take this to the bank. i see Barcelona winning the champions league. its clear that the coach will be sacked, even before our match against Napoli but one thing i know is that Barcelona win the champions league. We will fight till the end, we will never give up, i still believe in all the players. these men will make us proud i swear!!! I just pity Napoli. The way we will hit Napoli, even Fifa will drop a cap for us. this loss will give us the champions league and i see us winning the champions league for straight forur years starting from this year.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueAngel444: 8:25am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:
grin grin

See Benzema ooh!

With or witout the league, the day a person like Benzema AKA Big Benz registers 23 Goals and 20 Assists in one season he becomes a candidate for Ballon dor not even ordinary La Liga player of the season.
things can happen

Isn't that the new barca slogan cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:30am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
don't play dumb, when u quoted someone and bolded the whole "the last 10 years" undecided

wait are you actually dumb shocked
Last 10 years.

How could I include 2020 when am talking about the loss of the 2020 title due to a lack of motivation having won 7 out of the last 10 years?

When we try to discourage adult school programmes you people will be resisting.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
things can happen

Isn't that the new barca slogan cheesy
He had deviated.

Defend Big Benz.

Any season he gets 23 Goals and 20 Assists he makes the podium for Ballon dor.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 17, 2020
And if you think Messi will give up the highest goal scorer award to Benzema, then you must be a fool. LET me explain. Messi has higher chances of scoring in our last match than Benzema. GOD bless Barcelona. the only thing madrid win get is Ramos with the best defender title, even courtoise wont smell best keeper. GOD bless Barcelona, GOD bless the QUEEN of England.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 8:40am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
ya true, read that somewhere but why not sell and balance the books like others do
Barca funding is kind of different. There's is a deadline for balancing books before the season ends. If the sale of Arthur had not gone through before June 30, Barca socios and other investors (I think) would have died Barto an the board. As at the time, there weren't any player rumored to be sold except Rakitic (plainly didn't want to go or be used for a swap deal) and Semedo (no club was willing to pay the asking price) Hence the ridiculous Arthur-Pjanic deal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 8:56am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Van dijk, Salah, Suarez, Bale, Griezmann, won their league's best player award without winning the league. So it's not out of the ordinary.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:02am On Jul 17, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Van dijk, Salah, Suarez, Bale, Griezmann, won their league's best player awards without winning the league. So it's not out of the ordinary.
Maybe we should just have mercy on Benzema.

He's been around for 15 years and never had this opportunity.

He's worked so hard to finally get here and it would be unfair to deny him this award.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:39am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:

He's worked so hard to finally get here and it would be unfair to deny him this award.
Maybe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:

A record of 20 assists no be beans. Plus he doesn't have to win the league to be the best player does he?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:

Abeg oh. La liga is not that bad, Benzema can't be the league best player.

But Benzema has really taken up responsibility sha. He even lost weight. But our Suarez is just deteriorating and adding more weight

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2020
SperoQuest:
And if you think Messi will give up the highest goal scorer award to Benzema, then you must be a fool. LET me explain. Messi has higher chances of scoring in our last match than Benzema. GOD bless Barcelona. the only thing madrid win get is Ramos with the best defender title, even courtoise wont smell best keeper. GOD bless Barcelona, GOD bless the QUEEN of England.

So Alaves will let you score at their home?? Lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2020
TLona1:

A record of 20 assists no be beans. Plus he doesn't have to win the league to be the best player does he?

What did the assists will for you this season?? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
obonujoker:

What did the assists will for you this season?? grin
Don't worry Benzema will be awarded the pichichi too.

After all Messi's 23 Goals did not win anything for Barca.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:

grin grin Abi

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
obonujoker:
Scoring goals against bottom half of the Laliga doesn't give you best player of the season...

Say NO to statpadding
60% of peneldo goals are penalties

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
BlueAngel444:

We were among those that wanted to sign Jovic, it didn't work out, the boy went to Madrid. We were among favorites to sign De Ligt, it didn't work out. We signed Frenkie De Jong and have been playing out of his best position for more than 85% of matches this season. Chelsea signed Werner who KNOWS how to play in a 3 man attack for less than 65m. We are breaking our heads to sign Lautaro that has played best in a 2 man attack. Signed Malcolm for no reason except to spite Roma, signed Coutinho without signing the players to help him play best since he offers nothing defensively, signed Dembele for 120m but man has been more injured than fit. I could go on and on but I might cry in anger. This is a deplorable era of Barca football
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
tesppidd:

LMAO!

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Benzema for Ballon dor campaign is on.
grin grin grin

Wetin Musa nor go see 4 gate...

I've said it before; there is something about this particular 2020 la liga title that they've not told us about.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4028) (4029) (4030) (4031) (4032) (4033) (4034) ... (6191) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TheHulk616 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.