Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,831 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4602840 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4050) (4051) (4052) (4053) (4054) (4055) (4056) ... (6192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
10Dove:
we underachieved under Lucho...
ATM and Juve knocking us out yes!
UCL remains the magnum opus!
magnum opus = most glamorous.

Yes...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 5:21am On Aug 13, 2020
All Atalanta had to do in the final 10 minutes was what they did through out the second half,
They have no power in defending, I mean their strength is in attacking not defending
They should have pushed for the second goal
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:
magnum opus = most glamorous.

Yes...
Anyhow you choose to interpret it.
2016 till now, we've been mediocre
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:24am On Aug 13, 2020
Very mediocre!

This squad still owes the fans and the club, at least one more epic performance before it is finally dismantled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2020
cumz:
All Atalanta had to do in the final 10 minutes was what they did through out the second half,
They have no power in defending, I mean their strength is in attacking not defending
They should have pushed for the second goal
They had only 6 defenders at the back as PSG attacked for the equalizer on 90 minutes. I counted them.

I mean; at the 90th minute where the hell were the others?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2020
10Dove:
Anyhow you choose to interpret it.
2016 till now, we've been mediocre
Beginning from 2009 when Messi became our mainstay till date;

Real Madrid 4 UCL, 3 League titles.
Bayern 1 UCL, 9 League titles.
Juventus 0 UCL, 9 League titles.
PSG 0 UCL, 9 League titles.
Athletico 0 UCL, 1 League title.
Liverpool 1 UCL, 1 League title.
Man City 0 UCL, 4 League titles.

Barca 3 UCL, 8 League titles.

Who's been the most successful in this period?

Na only we waka come?
We are spoilt and our sense of entitlement nor be here.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:41am On Aug 13, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Very mediocre!

This squad still owes the fans and the club, at least one more epic performance before it is finally dismantled.

Hopefully Bayern does the honors with a dismantling of your defence and beating Barca 5-0
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:

Na only we waka come?
You are right. We should be proud of the team and their achievements.

However, we were a reference to how football should be played. We defined an era. We should have won more. Many clubs started modelling their play pattern after ours. We had so much going our way. We should have won at least 3 more UCL within that time. We were head and shoulder better than 98% of clubs in Europe. Common on.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2020
usbcable:

Hopefully Bayern does the honors with a dismantling of your defence and beating Barca 5-0
Bayern has been arrogant recently. They'll get what's coming to them.

Besides, the dismantling of the squad i meant was rebuilding and overhauling. We have a couple of players over the ages of 30. We need to reduce that and add freshness to the team. Some players are now laid back, lacking motivation. We need to move those on.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2020
jpmoriarti:

However, we were a reference to how football should be played. We defined an era. We should have won more. Many clubs started modelling their play pattern after ours. We had so much going our way. We should have won at least 3 more UCL at that time. We were head and shoulder better than 98% of clubs in Europe. Common on.

The truth has never been well said than this.

Most of all, we had football Greatest of all Time plying his trade with us.

Barcelona deserved more

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 8:17am On Aug 13, 2020
Crylona on Friday grin

Keep making mouth
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2020
jonsnow92:
Just a quick distraction
Saw this picture on Twitter and this just reiterates how hyped the EPL really is.
It's a competitive league but faaaaaar from being the best league in the world.
Like say Wolves no touch ball at all.
This is how Wolves play all their games. They are a useless bus parking team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2020
Penaldo has been "offered to Barcelona"

cheesy
grin

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2020
Have y'all seen this?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2020
Lana1:
This is how Wolves play all their games. They are a useless bus parking team.
The exact reason i don't like these mid table clubs qualifying for european competitions. Wolves didnt come to the party at all, although credit to them for what they've achieved over the past 2 years.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2020
jpmoriarti:

However, we were a reference to how football should be played. We defined an era. We should have won more. Many clubs started modelling their play pattern after ours. We had so much going our way. We should have won at least 3 more UCL within that time. We were head and shoulder better than 98% of clubs in Europe. Common on.
Well said.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ShitStain(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2020
modextus:
Have y'all seen this?

Lol....never going to happen
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:

Na only we waka come?
You are right.
But I think our coaching deficiencies since Pep is what makes us underachievers. This is an era defined by Barcelona, we have the GOAT playing for us and the sweet part being that the fulcrum of the team were academy graduates. It would be a long while before such happens again, whereas it can be argued that we maximised it enough and are becoming spoilt by success, i still feel we could have achieved better.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2020
modextus:
Have y'all seen this?
Both headlines are false.
Ronaldo never completed 20 take-ons in one game, he wan steal am ni.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:

Na only we waka come?
Someone pointed out how we underachieved under Lucho with Prime messi, Neymar and Suarez, you're here bringing up 2009.
Did football start in 2009?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:12am On Aug 13, 2020
jonsnow92:

You are right.
But I think our coaching deficiencies since Pep is what makes us underachievers. This is an era defined by Barcelona, we have the GOAT playing for us and the sweet part being that the fulcrum of the team were academy graduates. It would be a long while before such happens again, whereas it can be argued that we maximised it enough and are becoming spoilt by success, i still feel we could have achieved better.
Agreed.

Champions league 2018/19 was lost by Barca.

What happened at Anfield remains a mystery till this day.

I could bet my left nut we would have thrashed Spurs in the final.

We just couldn't protect a 3 nil advantage.

We had our pockets picked in the UCL 2018/19.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:15am On Aug 13, 2020
homesteady:
But should it be allowed for one team to have both Neymar and Messi playing together?

I wonder how we managed to win only one UCL when the two of them were in Barcelona, not forgetting peak Suarez.

Forget that we won 2 UCLs this last decade, based on the players we had, we were the biggest under-achievers.
10Dove:
Someone pointed out how we underachieved under Lucho with Prime messi, Neymar and Suarez, you're here bringing up 2009.
Did football start in 2009?
See the bolded Sir.

That's what my post is based on.

He had 3 paragraphs.

I focussed on the 3rd.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:
See the bolded Sir.

That's what my post is based on.

He had 3 paragraphs.

I focussed on the 3rd.
Even the last decade, we underachieved with what we had.
Madrid has like how many UCL trophies in this same time?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2020
To think there was a time folks compared Hazard with Neymar.
How delusional.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2020
10Dove:
Even the last decade, we underachieved with what we had.
Madrid has like how many UCL trophies in this same time?
You only yearn to win what eludes you.

I refuse to see winning a league title in Spain and England as a piece of cake which could be undermined.

Winning a league title is a very very very great feat in Europen football.

Even Zidane confessed last month that La Liga was more important to win for him than the UCL.

Irrespective of what we think about the UCL I refuse to concede that Madrid (your reference point) had a more successful last decade than Barca.

Barca 3 UCL and 8 La Liga.
Madrid 4 UCL and 3 La Liga.

I refuse!.

Even though I do accept now that we have underachieved with Messi in our ranks.
(Especially with explanations from jonsnow92 and jpmoriarti)

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 10:33am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:
Agreed.

Champions league 2018/19 was lost by Barca.

What happened at Anfield remains a mystery till this day.

I could bet my left nut we would have thrashed Spurs in the final.

We just couldn't protect a 3 nil advantage.

We had our pockets picked in the UCL 2018/19.
2015/2016 was Enrique's fault, we had a QF game against Atletico yet you allowed MSN travel for South American games only to return jet lagged. 2016/2017, the cracks were so obvious and people realised Neymar had been given the creative impetus for the team so they just doubled up on Neymar and created a wall around him, hence the reason we got so dominated in away Champions league games. So for me it still falls on coaching deficiencies from both Enrique and Lord EV.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:
You only yearn to win what eludes you.

Even Zidane confessed last month that La Liga was more important to win for him than the UCL.

Irrespective of what we think about the UCL I refuse to concede that Madrid (your reference point) had a more successful last decade than Barca.

Barca 3 UCL and 8 La Liga.
Madrid 4 UCL and 3 La Liga.

I refuse!.

Even though I do accept now that we have underachieved with Messi in our ranks.
(Especially with explanations from jonsnow92 and jpmoriarti)
I personally would sacrifice 2 liga trophies for an UCL tho.
Zidane saying that was cos he had totally dominated the UCL and wanted to balance his CV by adding the liga... Don't interprete it otherwise.
He knows one UCL is still worth like 3 ligas
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2020
jonsnow92:
2015/2016 was Enrique's fault, we had a QF game against Atletico yet you allowed MSN travel for South American games only to return jet lagged. 2016/2017, the cracks were so obvious and people realised Neymar had been given the creative impetus for the team so they just doubled up on Neymar and created a wall around him, hence the reason we got so dominated in away Champions league games. So for me it still falls on coaching deficiencies from both Enrique and Lord EV.
grin

But I tell you solemnly,

Nothing beats that capitulation against Liverpool.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2020
10Dove:
I personally would sacrifice 2 liga trophies for an UCL tho.
Zidane saying that was cos he had totally dominated the UCL and wanted to balance his CV by adding the liga... Don't interprete it otherwise.
He knows one UCL is still worth like 3 ligas
That's my point exactly.

As humans we yearn for what eludes us. Both in football and in life generally.

*Zidane and his Real Madrid would take La Liga over UCL this season.
*After winning the UCL last season, which do you think Liverpool would have chosen to win this season if given a choice? The UCL or the EPL? Your guess is as good as mine. cheesy

If we happen to win 2 UCL in a row and fail to win La Liga for the next 4 seasons, which do you think we would want to win next?

My point?

La Liga or any other league title is almost as cherished and as valuable as the UCL and winning it should never be seen as a non factor in determining club success.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2020
tesppidd:
That's my point exactly.

As humans we yearn for what eludes us. Both in football and in life generally.

*Zidane and his Real Madrid would take La Liga over UCL this season.
*After winning the UCL last season, which do you think Liverpool would have chosen to win this season if given a choice? The UCL or the EPL? Your guess is as good as mine. cheesy

If we happen to win 2 UCL in a row and fail to win La Liga for the next 4 seasons, which do you think we would want to win next?

My point?

La Liga or any other league title is almost as cherished and as valuable as the UCL and winning it should never be seen as a non factor in determining club success.
The argument has always been the bigger n more prestigious trophy
UCL>>>>>> league trophy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BoleAndFish: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
jonsnow92:
Both headlines are false.
Ronaldo never completed 20 take-ons in one game, he wan steal am ni.
He did. Make your research.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
Bayern players and coach were spotted wearing black T-shirts while travelling to Lisbon. The black color symbolizes mourn & it looks like Bayern are confident they will thrash Barcelona that they'll make them mourn about it. The provocations have been noted [Mundo Deportivo] grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4050) (4051) (4052) (4053) (4054) (4055) (4056) ... (6192) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.