Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4669232 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4135) (4136) (4137) (4138) (4139) (4140) (4141) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
lol

Chill out Bro.

Maybe Totti would if he won with them 3 UCĹs and 10 Scudettos and they tried to diss him.
Doesn't he have 4 UCL?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Doesn't he have 4 UCL?
Totti?

When??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
lol

Chill out Bro.

Maybe Totti would if he won with them 3 UCĹs and 10 Scudettos and they tried to diss him.
Nobody is trying to diss Messi. He's the oppressor here trying to claim the victim. He's trying to manipulate his way out of the club, now that the going got tougher. Expoilting all the
weak links in his contract. He's pathetic! He led Barca to our worst show in European football against Bayern and not a single apology to the fans have come from a so called captain and club legend. sad

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Nobody is trying to diss Messi. He's the oppressor here trying to claim the victim. He's trying to manipulate his way out of the club, now that the going got tougher. Expoilting all the
weak links in his contract. He's pathetic! He led Barca to our worst show in European football against Bayern and not a single apology to the fans have come from a so called captain and club legend. sad
The going got tougher since 2016.

And he's stayed put carrying a bunch of unproductive players.

We have evidence that we have won 3 of the last 5 la liga titles and reached the semi finals of the UCL almost singlehandedly on Messi.

He did not leave when the going got tougher.

He has stayed for 5 years under tough conditions.

And then the club has been sacking coaches and selling younger players including swapping Arthur for Pjanic.
A lot of players 70 percent as legendary as Messi would have run away a long time ago.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Breakdown of the Messi-Barcelona meeting:

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/1301419916592066560?s=20

"The meeting went as expected.

FCB insisted he could only go for €700m and Bartomeu said he didn't want him to go and won't negotiate an exit. Offered again a two year renewal with the possibility of leaving at the end of every year.

Jorge Messi asked to leave FCB for free. Rodrigo Messi (brother) and lawyer Jorge Pecourt went for Messi too. Bartomeu and football director J.Bordas, for FCB. No lawyer for club as they see it as a football problem.

They asked Messi to return to training and will give him few days if he needs them but to come back soon.

BOTH insist on same idea, next 'logical' step would be for Messi to ask FIFA a provisional transfer (which he would get) and FCB to report him (and next club) to FIFA plus start a civil court with unsure conclusion as a judge would determine the transfer fee at some point.

#MCFC have always said they would not get involved if there is a court case. "

-----------------------------------------------------
It's like a spouse threatening to leave you and refusing all your pleas to stay. Then as a last option, you threaten to gruesomely murder any love interest who courts her attention. "If I can't have you, nobody will. And I'd go down in blazes just to prove my love for you. "

This Messi - Barcelona love story is epic! They should make a movie of this.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
Totti?

When??
Messi, your reference to Totti was based on Messi, ya?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
The going got tougher since 2016.

And he's stayed put carrying a bunch of unproductive players.

We have evidence that we have won 3 of the last 5 la liga titles and reached the semi finals of the UCL almost singlehandedly on Messi.

He did not leave when the going got tougher.

He has stayed for 5 years under tough conditions.

And then the club has been sacking coaches and selling younger players including swapping Arthur for Pjanic.
A lot of players 70 percent as legendary as Messi would have run away a long time ago.
Nonsense!

If he leaves now, he would be remembered as the coward who ran.

Barcelona has alot of excellent qualities. Beating Liverpool 3 nil is not achieved by a mediocre team but the team lacked alot of mental quality especially when the stake is very high.

This same abject lack of mental strength again underlines Messi's Argentina, where they have been a serial competition final loses, again with the stake being very high and Messi being the captain.

Emotions and sentiments will never allow you guys to see that, while Messi might be a great player, he's almost horrible in other things like leadership. I don't see this current squad lacking in quality. I see them lacking in leadership and mental fortitude

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Messi is a fool. He should go and sit down. He can stay or he can leave. His attitudes are uncaptain like and shocking for someone who has stayed 20 years at the club. Totti will never treat Roma like this.
Totti never had ambition. There... That had to be stated. Even if wishes were trains, Totti isn't worthy enough to sit in Messi's coach. Don't compare the two.

Totti's Roma is the Italian equivalent of Everton/Tottenham. What's special about that? Even Mikel Obi has had a more successful career than Totti. Facts don't lie, sentiments be damned.

What has Messi not done for the club? He carried it on his back for years? He's been the poster boy for 13 straight years. He's been an ambassador off and on the pitch.

The Messi era has been the most successful era in Barcelona's history and, thankfully, the reign hasn't ended. Long live the emperor. Yes, sir - it's no longer a kingdom; like the past few days have proven he's the emperor - he held and has the footballing empire by the jocular. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2020

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2020
DissTroy:

Totti never had ambition. There... That had to be stated. Even if wishes were trains, Totti isn't worthy enough to sit in Messi's coach. Don't compare the two.

Totti's Roma is the Italian equivalent of Everton/Tottenham. What's special about that? Even Mikel Obi has had a more successful career than Totti. Facts don't lie, sentiments be damned.

What has Messi not done for the club? He carried it on his back for years? He's been the poster boy for 13 straight years. He's been an ambassador off and on the pitch.

The Messi era has been the most successful era in Barcelona's history and, thankfully, the reign hasn't ended. Long live the emperor. Yes, sir - it's no longer a kingdom; like the past few days have proven he's the emperor - he held and has the footballing empire by the jocular. smiley
Mikel Obi? I go fight you oh. Totti that won world cup? The second highest goal scorer in Serial A? An Italian Legend. Stop na. There is a reason why Madrid pursed him for 5 years or so.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by disstroyy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Mikel Obi? I go fight you oh. Totti that won world cup? The second highest goal scorer in Serial A? An Italian Legend. Stop na. There is a reason why Madrid pursed him for 5 years or so.

World Cup aside, is Mikel Obi not topping Totti? AFCON, Olympics (multiple times), UCL, Premier League, FA Cup, other trophies.

Second highest goalscorer? Happy for him. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is a Nigerian legend too by that definition.

I'd be nice: Totti can't even compare himself with Kanu Nwankwo. Facts only.

Tomorrow, someone out there would call Harry Kane one of the greatest player when we all know he's a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
And am 100 percent sure that If Messi sees a good project from Koeman he will stay beyond next summer.

Those who don't want Messi at Barca can now go to another club.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
disstroyy:

World Cup aside, is Mikel Obi not topping Totti? AFCON, Olympics (multiple times), UCL, Premier League, FA Cup, other trophies.

Second highest goalscorer? Happy for him. Yakubu Aiyegbeni is a Nigerian legend too by that definition.

I'd be nice: Totti can't even compare himself with Kanu Nwankwo. Facts only.

Tomorrow, someone out there would call Harry Kane one of the greatest player when we all know he's a fraud.
Well, this shouldn't even be an argument, but on what basis do you want to argue this? Individual honours? Team achievements? Despite the medals for his clubs, is there any you can come out and say he was the key player (I'm not underpaying his role), every single club achievement Totti had, he was the key player, had a short international career. Totti, Italian hall of Famer?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Nonsense!

If he leaves now, he would be remembered as the coward who ran.

Barcelona has alot of excellent qualities. Beating Liverpool 3 nil is not achieved by a mediocre team but the team lacked alot of mental quality especially when the stake is very high.

This same abject lack of mental strength again underlines Messi's Argentina, where they have been a serial competition final loses, again with the stake being very high and Messi being the captain.

Emotions and sentiments will never allow you guys to see that, while Messi might be a great player, he's almost horrible in other things like leadership. I don't see this current squad lacking in quality. I see them lacking in leadership and mental fortitude
There we go again!

The problem with you guys is that you take Messi for a god literally.
But we only mean it figuratively when we call him adios.
He has limits, he can neither turn stone into bread nor water into wine.

And Fucck leadership, The only way a team wins the champions league is when 2 or 3 players put in world class displays to complement one another.

When the stakes are high Fucck!!

Who tells you the stakes weren't high when we beat Liverpool 3-0 at home?

Who tells you the stakes weren't high when we eliminated Man U?

Why is your definition of "high stakes" applying ONLY to whatever game we lose?
That's probably because hindsight makes life easy right?

I have explained this a million times!

Now picture this scenerio last season!

1. Messi delivers a masterclass against Liverpool at Nou Camp scoring 2 goals including a magnificent free kick. Barca wins 3 -0.

2. Liverpool goes ballistic in the return leg at Anfield and score 4 goals. Messi plays badly and is missing but Suarez does a Gareth Bale and pulls one goal back. Just one goal!
Or perhaps Pique does a Sergio Ramos and nods in one goal and Barca qualifies ahead of Liverpool for the final. Just one goal!

3. Barca meets Tottenham in the final and Messi puts in a world class performance with 2 Goals and an assist.
Barca wins the UCL.

Is this not how a big club is supposed to operate?
Is this too much favour to ask of a team of 10 professionals mostly receiving over 100 thousand pounds per week?

Why does Messi have to be the only one to deliver in 13 games out of 13 games of the UCL?

What in the world leads you to believe that the game that was lost was the game that mattered most?

Guy chill ooh.

20 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Messi, your reference to Totti was based on Messi, ya?
Yeah Messi has 4.

I just left out the 2006 one because he only played a cameo in that one.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by disstroyy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Well, this shouldn't even be an argument, but on what basis do you want to argue this? Individual honours? Team achievements? Despite the medals for his clubs, is there any you can come out and say he was the key player (I'm not underpaying his role), every single club achievement Totti had, he was the key player, had a short international career. Totti, Italian hall of Famer?

LOL. This argument is really about someone not comparing Totti to Messi before it degraded to this. I feel uncomfortable pitting Totti against Mikel Obi. Any football fan would be uncomfortable with the comparison. It's like Comparing Mascherano to Varane but statistics are statistics.
Mikel was a key player in almost all the trophies he won.

AFCON 2013
UCL
EPL
Olympics (both)
FA Cup
More.

Unfair to Totti to judge him like that but statistics are hard and cruel, man.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Allnacruise(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Messi is a fool. He should go and sit down. He can stay or he can leave. His attitudes are uncaptain like and shocking for someone who has stayed 20 years at the club. Totti will never treat Roma like this.

Johnpaul calm down
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nezzjnr: 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
Oboi

Mikel vs Totti

I've seen it all

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by disstroyy(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Oboi

Mikel vs Totti

I've seen it all

I was actually waiting for this, Victor - someone pointing out how crazy the comparison is. Easy to have ignored the Messi to Totti comparison.

Maybe Mikel versus Totti was me being disrespectful. In truth, it really is somewhat disrespectful. Maybe even stretching it. Maybe; then again, maybe not. But if we'd take off our garb of sentimentality for just one minute, when viewed through any statistical prism, Totti hasn't achieved more than Mikel Obi.
This assertion is based on titles, comparative achievements within individual career span and team achievements, and roles played in the course of these achievements.

Put these stats side by side and the reality would stare you back in the face. But I understand football and sentiments are Siamese twins so it's alright that a statistical fact would seem absurd regardless to section of a fanbase.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Oboi

Mikel vs Totti

I've seen it all

So you'll claim not to see when someone compared Totti to Messi.

Going by that assertion, I wouldn't agree less that the comparison is worth it.

All in all.... I'm glad our talisman is staying. Those who have pepperbody against his "leadership" skill on n off the pitch will have to soak themselves up for at least, one more season.

Adios Leo

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nezzjnr: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
disstroyy:

I was actually waiting for this, Victor - someone pointing out how crazy the comparison is. Easy to have ignored the Messi to Totti comparison.

Maybe Mikel versus Totti was me being disrespectful. In truth, it really is somewhat disrespectful. Maybe even stretching it. Maybe; then again, maybe not. But if we'd take off our garb of sentimentality for just one minute, when viewed through any statistical prism, Totti hasn't achieved more than Mikel Obi.
This assertion is based on titles, comparative achievements within individual career span and team achievements, and roles played in the course of these achievements.

Put these stats side by side and the reality would stare you back in the face. But I understand football and sentiments are Siamese twins so it's alright that a statistical fact would seem absurd regardless to section of a fanbase.
Yes based on titles... Mikel comes 1st but he was just a carry along player
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by disstroyy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
FirstbornWds:

All in all.... I'm glad our talisman is staying. Those who have pepperbody against his "leadership" skill on n off the pitch will have to soak themselves up for at least, one more season. Adios Leo
Two seasons. Bartomeu and the club are still insisting they want two more seasons from Messi, with the option of yearly renewal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by arabmoney14: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Is anyone bothered by the fact that the club is not active in the transfer market?

We don't even have any idea on how much the club has to spend on transfers this window because its clear we are broke. I thought we could raise up to 50million pounds from Suarez,Vidal, rakitic and umtiti, but it turns out they are all leaving for free.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
arabmoney14:
Is anyone bothered by the fact that the club is not active in the transfer market?

We don't even have any idea on how much the club has to spend on transfers this window because its clear we are broke. I thought we could raise up to 50million pounds from Suarez,Vidal, rakitic and umtiti, but it turns out they are all leaving for free.
Were getting Vwanaldum.
I hope I got the spelling right? I don't even want to check.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
Were getting Vwanaldum.
Apparently Liverpool are denying any Barcelona interest.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
arabmoney14:

Transfer market is open till October, I think. We want to offload players first, to create space for incoming transfer(s) (if any) and drastically reduce our wage bills. The best players might have been taken before we start.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by arabmoney14: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
tesppidd:
Were getting Vwanaldum.
Lol. D only reason I'm buying into the idea of barca signing wijnaldum is that koeman has coached him, so he knows better what he can impact in the team.
I think its better we sign anyone koeman names..that way, if he fails(I hope he doesn't), we can totally put the blame on him.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by arabmoney14: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sommyroy10:
Transfer market is open till October, I think. We want to offload players first, to create space for incoming transfer(s) (if any) and drastically reduce our wage bills. The best players might have been taken before we start.
Also clubs will increase their asking price because they know by then we will be desperate for signings. The earlier we start signing the better
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
If Messi stays, I won’t look at him the same again

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
arabmoney14:

Lol. D only reason I'm buying into the idea of barca signing wijnaldum is that koeman has coached him, so he knows better what he can impact in the team.
I think its better we sign anyone koeman names..that way, if he fails(I hope he doesn't), we can totally put the blame on him.

There's no reason on earth I'm buying into Wijnaldum. No reason.

We claim to want to rebuild. We need Messi to stay and coordinate the rebuilding process, yet, we sold a 23yo to buy a 30yo.

As though that is not enough, fans are clamouring for the dead legs to leave, and we are selling 2 30+ midfielders, just to replace them with another 30+ midfielder.

Dem use gramps curse us?

So there's no player in the whole of Europe that can do what Gini does and is much younger?

We want to have a midfield of

Busi - Pjanic - Gini

From Busi - Vidal - Rakitic

Is that what we clamored for? Replacing gramps with another gramps?

Oh, c'mon!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
If Messi stays, I won’t look at him the same again

He doesn't care. And he shouldn't.

He can not keep sacrificing his happiness everytime because some people want him to. We're all in charge of our own happiness. Cut the man some slack abeg

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by arabmoney14: 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
barackodam:

There's no reason on earth I'm buying into Wijnaldum. No reason.

We claim to want to rebuild. We need Messi to stay and coordinate the rebuilding process, yet, we sold a 23yo to buy a 30yo.

As though that is not enough, fans are clamouring for the dead legs to leave, and we are selling 2 30+ midfielders, just to replace them with another 30+ midfielder.

Dem use gramps curse us?

So there's no player in the whole of Europe that can do what Gini does and is much younger?

We want to have a midfield of

Busi - Pjanic - Gini

From Busi - Vidal - Rakitic

Is that what we clamored for? Replacing gramps with another gramps?

Oh, c'mon!
like I said koeman must have a reason for bringing him, giving their time in the dutch team.

And as for age, as far as he has a good work rate no problem..don't forget how alcantara at his age bossed the midfield for Bayern. Suarez and Vidal will still follow rakitic out. Bousquet will also be getting lesser roles. By next season alba might be shown the door

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4135) (4136) (4137) (4138) (4139) (4140) (4141) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.