Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4602189 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4630) (4631) (4632) (4633) (4634) (4635) (4636) ... (6192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
Is there a particular reason why Marcos Llorente isn't a regular in this Spanish team?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:
Is there a particular reason why Marcos Llorente isn't a regular in this Spanish team?

He is too good for the bench

But he is not a RB while he played there twice

Should pedri or koke be dropped for him ?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
1 - 0 !!

Jordi Alba.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Good.

Switzerland has to come out and play ball.

Not sitting back and waiting for counter
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2021
Just love the way Pedri gets the ball early out wide every time. That has been Spain's best attacking route.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
Seriously, screw Valverde for the rot he and that clueless Bart brought to this club.

See as Bus is controlling the midfield, putting in man of the match and playing like his old self cause he has a coach who understands his role and is allowing him to express himself by sitting in front of the defence, dictating play and not wondering off chasing the ball, being a box to box midfielder.

Busquet was never a CM. Play to his strength by having ball carrying midfielders like Pedri and co do the job. He's a one touch player, not a ball carrying one
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He is too good for the bench

But he is not a RB while he played there twice

Should pedri or koke be dropped for him ?

If Enrique can regulate Pedri's playing time with his, then why not.

Make the guy no day play every minutes abeg. Before e go knock
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adiwana:
Seriously, screw Valverde for the rot he and that clueless Bart brought to this club.

See as Bus is controlling the midfield, putting in man of the match and playing like his old self cause he has a coach who understands his role and is allowing him to express himself by sitting in front of the defence, dictating play and not wondering off chasing the ball, being a box to box midfielder.

Busquet was never a CM. Play to his strength strength by having ball carrying midfielders like Pedri and co do the job. He's a one touch player, not a ball carrying one

I honestly thought I was the only one that noticed that.

Busquests is so bossing this midfield. Just imagine the confidence Pedri and Koke have going forward.

The best captain for this NT since Casillas left. See the maturity of play abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

If Enrique can regulate Pedri's playing time with his, then why not.

Make the guy no day play every minutes abeg. Before e go knock

You have a point
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

I honestly thought I was the only one that noticed that.

Busquests is so bossing this midfield. Just imagine the confidence Pedri and Koke have going forward.

The best captain for this NT since Casillas left. See the maturity of play abeg

He has been back to back man of the match and is arguably has been the best player on he field today.

Spain struggled without him playing Rodri when the tournament started because he had covid. Since he came back, the team has functioned much better and it's no coincidence he's bagging the awards while the team seemed to have clicked since then.

He's playing well because Enrique knows he's quality and not playing him out of position or making him press. He's job is to beat the press, break the lines and protect that back 4. Making him to press or advance the ball doesn't make sense where players like Koke, Pedro are available.

This are one of the key reasons why we've been struggling. Having coaches that can't utilise our players and won't play to our strengths

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adiwana:

He has been back to back man of the match and is arguably has been the best player on he field today.

Spain struggled without him playing Rodri when the tournament started because he had covid. Since he came back, the team has functioned much better and it's no coincidence he's bagging the awards while the team seemed to have clicked since then.

He's playing well because Enrique knows he's quality and not playing him out of position or making him press. He's job is to beat the press, break the lines and protect that back 4. Making him to press or advance the ball doesn't make sense where players like Koke, Pedro are available.

This are one of the key reasons why we've been struggling. Having coaches that can't utilise our players and won't play to our strengths

You are right. Now, that brings us to ask, what exactly has Frankie being doing? The guy has been a box-box to player, a position that Koke seems to master well here. Maybe, just Maybe, Koeman will learn a thing or two from this
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
Calamity Pau Torres.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adiwana:

i like your analysis.

So what role would you recommend for him next season?

Starter?
Sub?
Bench?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
No doubt Switzerland have edge going into the penalties.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TheHulk616: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Barcelona missed a penalty
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TheHulk616: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Switzerland scores
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TheHulk616: 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
Barcelona missed again
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TheHulk616: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
Switzerland are useless angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TheHulk616: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
Why the hell did they remove france
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
Mike Oyzabaral... Do this for Jesus

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
To Semi Finallllllllll

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
Boom... Straight to the Semi-Finals

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2021
TheHulk616:
Why the hell did they remove france

Do you need an amplifier to wail?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

You are right. Now, that brings us to ask, what exactly has Frankie being doing? The guy has been a box-box to player, a position that Koke seems to master well here. Maybe, just Maybe, Koeman will learn a thing or two from this

Frankie started as a double pivot with Bus and was trying to carry the ball from defense to attack. When we lost the ball, we were utterly exposed cause Pedri himself was also further up the same pitch. When Koeman stopped tinkering with that set-up and reverted to just Bus in that DM, we beat an Athletic Bilbao convincingly and almost won La Liga

We just need to need to just play with the same setup as Spain. Leave Bus in front of the defense. Allow De Jong to drop a little bit to move the ball from defense to attack. Him and Pedri can do this very well and are very good at pressing. No need of Messi dropping so deep to create chances. Then hopefully Aguero and Depay can get their shooting boots on. We'll be the team to beat next season

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2021
ddippset:
i like your analysis.

So what role would you recommend for him next season?

Starter?
Sub?
Bench?

Starter. He's been very consistent in this tournament and has shown with the right system, he's still a quality player

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adiwana:

Frankie started as a double pivot with Bus and was trying to carry the ball from defense to attack. When we lost the ball, we were utterly exposed cause Pedri himself was also further up the same pitch. When Koeman stopped tinkering with that set-up and reverted to just Bus in that DM, we beat an Athletic Bilbao convincingly and almost won La Liga

We just need to need to just play with the same setup as Spain. Leave Bus in front of the defense. Allow De Jong to drop a little bit to move the ball from defense to attack. Him and Pedri can do this very well and are very good at pressing. No need of Messi dropping so deep to create chances. Then hopefully Aguero and Depay can get their shooting boots on. We'll be the team to beat next season

I really hope this works, brother.

And hopefully, we get a replacement to hold and move forward ( Puig does well with this tho).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

I really hope this works, brother.

And hopefully, we get a replacement to hold and move forward ( Puig does well with this tho).

My issue na the defense. Always has been. I don't know why nobody in the club hasn't seen that Pique has always struggled playing alongside players that are similar to him.

He played alongside Puyol who is an aggressive defender. Prior to Umtiti struggling with his fitness, he was that type of defender. Now we've brought in Garcia who is similar to Pique.

This is same thing with Madrid for example. Varane who is similar struggles playing without an agressive Ramos. This is where my major issue is
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
Adiwana:

My issue na the defense. Always has been. I don't know why nobody in the club hasn't seen that Pique has always struggled playing alongside players that are similar to him.

He played alongside Puyol who is an aggressive defender. Prior to Umtiti struggling with his fitness, he was that type of defender. Now we've brought in Garcia who is similar to Pique.

This is same thing with Madrid for example. Varane who is similar struggles playing without an agressive Ramos. This is where my major issue is

Honestly, yes. Pique is very much the ball-playing defender, with a knack for aerial balls clearance and the likes. The perfect alternative would have been Oscar but boy is still very young and still prone to mistakes. Araujo himself, is still too injury prone.

I hope Laporta does something fast.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
Craze no be small thing

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2021
I don talk am... This Italian mafias will shred everything called Madrid's hope in this competition.

Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
Waoooh!!!

Stunning Stunning goal by Insgnie!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
As I was watching Spain's game today, I was just wondering why we (Barcelona) were so bad. Things I noticed.

1) They were making quick incisive passes. This is something that Keoman hates with passion. That's why he was Benching Puig, who was the only other player that played that way.
Keoman wants the team to play slow unimaginative football

2) lack of a striker really affected us.

3) I know we already know this, but Griezmann is really a limitation to our game. Just look at how functional the likes of Olmo, ferran torres and Sarabia were on the wings.

And the intensity.

I don tire abeg. Thinking of last season just makes me weak.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4630) (4631) (4632) (4633) (4634) (4635) (4636) ... (6192) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: BykeLaByke and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.