Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,423 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4624104 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4724) (4725) (4726) (4727) (4728) (4729) (4730) ... (6207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
Gerard cemented his legend status in that night in Istanbul...

Just one night shey? Gerrard scored just one goal in the match. That's one UCL. Zero league, zero trophy for NT.

Now compare to Real gods like Iniesta, Xavi, Kross, Pirlo. Multiple UCL winners and WC
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
Gerard cemented his legend status in that night in Istanbul...

Because the likes of dudek and alonso were boiling beans on the field right?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Kaka wasn't consistent. Maybe if Zidane wasn't more of the 90s part, he definitely would be tops.

This century started in 2000. Yes, Zidane won Euro, UCL, La liga and WC finalist with multiple Balon d or this century. Yes, Zidane is a god in this century.

Kaka won UCL, WC and Balon d or this century. He's right above Lampard and Gerrard
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

Just one night shey? Dude scored just one goal in the match. That's one UCL. Zero league, zero trophy for NT.

Now compare to Real gods like Iniesta, Xavi, Kross, Pirlo. Multiple UCL winners and WC
We are not comparing teams but players...I am dead sure before the COPA win, you already believed Messi was the greatest even though Pele and Maradona have the their respective world cup medals in their cabinet...I do not rate players based on trophies but based on their individual abilities and that's why I don't agree when you attempt to talk down on Scholes, Gerard and Lampard just cos they don't play football in a certain way...

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
Who are the world class players that surrounded Gerard in Liverpool and England compared to those you're comparing him to?

Let me watch you mention Lampard, Scholes and the likes you like trashing often...

Mascherano, alonso, J.carragher, F.Torres, Suarez, Kuyt......man Gerard played with world class players in that Liverpool, you probably started watching football after barce won the 2015 Ucl

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

Because the likes of dudek and alonso were boiling beans on the field right?
Learn how to chat respectfully...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

Mascherano, alonso, J.carragher, F.Torres, Suarez, Kuyt......man Gerard played with world class players in that Liverpool, you probably started watching football after barce won the 2015 Ucl
Carragher world class? He wasn't...

Mascherano, Alonso, Torres were world class as was Suarez who joined after Torres had left...

You can't compare the players Gerard played with with those of Real Madrid, Barcelona or even Manchester United...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
We are not comparing teams but players...I am dead sure before the COPA win, you already believed Messi was the greatest even though Pele and Maradona have the their respective world cup medals in their cabinet...I do not rate players based on trophies but based on their individual abilities and that's why I don't agree when you attempt to talk down on Scholes, Gerard and Lampard just cos they don't play football in a certain way...

Messi not winning a trophy for his NT was a stigma in his career and we all knew this. If he had retired without winning a trophy, many people would place him below Ororo.

Lampard and Gerrard won just one UCL each. Gerrard has zero league title. Both didn't achieve anything for their country. How can you place them with Kaka, Pirlo Xavi, Iniesta and Kross?

What exactly did Gerrard do that Totti didn't do better? Or is it Schweinstiger or even Xabi Alonso?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

Messi not winning a trophy for his NT was a stigma in his career and we all knew this. If he had retired without winning a trophy, many people would place him below Ororo.

Lampard and Gerrard won just one UCL each. Gerrard has zero league title. Both didn't achieve anything for their country. How can you place them with Kaka, Pirlo Xavi, Iniesta and Kross?

What exactly did Gerrard do that Totti didn't do better? Or is it Schweinstiger or even Xabi Alonso?
You're the one trying to slander Gerard so, asking me what he did that others didn't do is akin to you turning the table around...My argument has always been that Gerard, Lampard and Scholes are deserving of any accolades they get just as the others you listed...

Talking about national team trophies, even with the Copa America win, aren't they folks who still undermine the achievements of Messi? It is what it is...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:

Mascherano, Alonso, Torres were world class as was Suarez who joined after Torres had left...

You can't compare the players Gerard played with with those of Real Madrid, Barcelona or even Manchester United...

List the world class players aside old Batistuta that played with Totti when he dragged them to the league title in the presence of Juventus, Milan and Inter.

Gerrard was surrounded by World class players, yet he couldn't win the league.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
You're the one trying to slander Gerard so, asking me what he did that others didn't do is akin to you turning the table around...My argument has always been that Gerard, Lampard and Scholes are deserving of any accolades they get just as the others you listed...

Talking about national team trophies, even with the Copa America win, aren't they folks who still undermine the achievements of Messi? It is what it is...

Yet, you are the one acknowledging Gerrard as a god of midfield. A player who never won any league title and didn't make his nation proud.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:

Liverpool got to 2 Ucl finals between 2005 & 2007, Made the semis 2009 yet you say they don’t have world class players?

Where was Madrid when Liverpool did this?

Liverpool had the title right in front of them before the same Gerard slipped and allowed demba ba score and Liverpool eventually went on to lose the title
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

Yet, you are the one acknowledging Gerrard as a god of midfield. A player who never won any league title and didn't make his nation proud.
He finished 3rd on the Balon d'or podium and Lampard finished 2nd...Is that not an individual award?

I only said you were wrong to class them below their peers, don't misquote or misrepresent my opinion...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

Liverpool got to 2 Ucl finals between 2005 & 2007, Made the semis 2009 yet you say they don’t have world class players?

Liverpool had the title right in front of them before the same Gerard slipped and allowed demba ba score and Liverpool eventually went on to lose the title

How can we forget that day?

Same as giving a back pass to Henry in dying minutes at Euro 2004 to give England a big loss in the match.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

How many world class players did Chelsea have in that team when they won the UCL this past season?

Gerard would've won more had he left Liverpool, you guys should stop using team trophies to rate players, watch them play and make what you will of them...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

How can we forget that day?

Same as giving a back pass to Henry in dying minutes at Euro 2004 to give England a big loss in the match.
Most top players have had their down moments too...You don't want us to start listing them...Schweinsteiger,Messi, Zidane etc...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
He finished 3rd on the Balon d'or podium and Lampard finished 2nd...Is that not an individual award?

I only said you were wrong to class them below their peers, don't misquote or misrepresent my opinion...

Which year did this miracle happen? grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:

So because they entered top 3, they are gods? This is the scam we are talking about. Hype hype hype.

Didn't Owen win Balon d or? That should tell you something.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
Most top players have had their down moments too...You don't want us to start listing them...Schweinsteiger,Messi, Zidane etc...

Yet Schweinsteiger and Zidane were placed below Lampard and Gerrard. E tire me o.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

Which year did this miracle happen? grin grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

So because they entered top 3, they are gods? This is the scam we are talking about. Hype hype hype.

Gerard has never been on the balon d’or podium
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

Gerard has never been on the balon d’or podium

He was
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

Yet Schweinsteiger and Zidane were placed below Lampard and Gerrard. E tire me o.
By who?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:

Dinho, Lampard, Eto’o

Gerard never got to the balon d’or podium
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

You are just turning tables...You said Gerard, Scholes and Lampard are overrated, I said they aren't and should be respected for what they achieved but somehow, you have changed what I said to mean that they're gods...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Debroslink:

He was

He was never there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

Dinho, Lampard, Eto’o

Gerard never got to the balon d’or podium
Coming from someone who said I started watching football in 2015...

Go get your facts right before you come here to debate...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
You are just turning tables...You said Gerard, Scholes and Lampard are overrated, I said they aren't and should be respected for what they achieved but somehow, you have changed what I said to mean that they're gods...

No vex. I'm reacting to the pictures posted by FirstbornWds.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

He was never there.

He was there in 2005 after the instanbul night.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
patrickmuf:
Coming from someone who said I started watching football in 2015...

Go get your facts right before you come here to debate...

You argue too much, and yes you started watching football 2015

Rest

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Payporte: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
devvy44:

You argue too much, and yes you started watching football 2015

Rest
Ronaldinho
Lampard
Gerrard . Do your research
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Payporte:

Ronaldinho
Lampard
Gerrard . Do your research
Leave him alone, let him keep arguing with himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4724) (4725) (4726) (4727) (4728) (4729) (4730) ... (6207) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.