Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,804 members, 7,848,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4649741 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6206) (6207) (6208) (6209) (6210) (6211) (6212) ... (6223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:49pm On May 19
At this rate, Xavi is going to run Lamine Yamal to the ground. Another 90 minutes today??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 7:51pm On May 19
Dem wan start yamal vs. Guler just like they did to Leo messi and ronalro grin. Shameless woman united fans. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by udatso: 7:51pm On May 19
jpmoriarti:
At this rate, Xavi is going to run Lamine Yamal to the ground. Another 90 minutes today??
It's now turning into child abuse
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:53pm On May 19
Kilishihunter:

We will win but i seriously don't like what I'm seeing chief
I'm sorry to say this to those still backing xavi but I think he has to be let go even though that clown laporta should have done it more honorably earlier than than the current clown show he's currently putting Xavi through, you don't do that to a club legend
Im indifferent with the Xavi situation.
But the club has to consider carefully. If you sack him, you have to pay him off alongside his staff. I hear it can be as much as 20m euros. If you let him stay, you have to back him in the transfer window. Going a full season without a DM is not acceptable. No coach will agree to work under such restrictions.

Also, I think going back to Camp Nou next season will make alot of difference especially in our home performances. We're going trophyless this season purely due to our 'home' form. You have to have comfort at home. This team looks far from comfortable playing at the Magic Mountains.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 7:54pm On May 19
jpmoriarti:
Yes he can learn and become better version of himself.

But scoring an assist in a less pressured game cannot remedy collecting two red cards against Vardrid in the super copa final and 2nd leg of UCL. These are two high profile games this season and he failed in both. At this level, your errors are magnified more than your success.

I will still collect that 100m euros if anyone offers us.
Both of us know Eric can't adequately replace araujo and his own error catalog is even worse, araujo had a monster season last year before this one of errors, the goal is to strengthen not weaken unless we're getting someone like Ruben dias, bastoni or de ligt we'll expose that backline further chief
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:56pm On May 19
udatso:

It's now turning into child abuse
Or child labor. angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:58pm On May 19
Kilishihunter:

Both of us know Eric can't adequately replace araujo and his own error catalog is even worse, araujo had a monster season last year before this one of errors, the goal is to strengthen not weaken unless we're getting someone like Ruben dias, bastoni or de ligt we'll expose that backline further chief
Yes our goal is to strengthen not weaken, but where is your money to strengthen?

You need money and selling Araujo or FdJ will generate lots of funds.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 7:58pm On May 19
Ijustwantto:
Dem wan start yamal vs. Guler just like they did to Leo messi and ronalro grin. Shameless woman united fans. cheesy
Two years ago I had time for all those arguments but now I'm more carefree and let most arguments go on, this season alone yamal has been compared to most of their youngsters like Nico paz, endrick and Guler who has 3 more years of footballing experience than him, then when we praise him they say we are overhyping another fraud from our academy and say other nonsense like he's another fati and will end up in Luton in two years, let them be
We'll see Yamal at the euros and in the nearest future after his first full professional season with 4 goals and 10 assists, just let them be
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:59pm On May 19
We secured 2nd position. At least we'll play super cup next season.

As we no win anything this season, we go celebrate that one cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:01pm On May 19
udatso:

I dey think say make we try that boy for our 9.
No he should be encouraged more on midfield control when we are under pressure since he already has the goalscoring ability of a seasoned attacking midfielder, this boy might cook at the euros the way he runs into the box the way I'm seeing it
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 8:03pm On May 19
cool cool
jpmoriarti:
We secured 2nd position. At least we'll play super cup next season.

As we no win anything this season, we go celebrate that one cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 8:04pm On May 19
17 year old yamal playing 90min almost every game. Dis my coach sef grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:04pm On May 19
jpmoriarti:
Yes our goal is to strengthen not weaken, but where is your money to strengthen?

You need money and selling Araujo or FdJ will generate lots of funds.
FDJ, Lenglet, Eric, Torres, Dest before his injury, Romeu can generate over a hundred and fifty million euros
We don't need to sell all the good players we have just because we want to go and spend in the market, is it not only a CDM and LW we mostly need?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:06pm On May 19
Ijustwantto:
17 year old yamal playing 90min almost every game. Dis my coach sef grin
I hope he doesn't play the last game, let's not overload this kid when his career hasn't fully kicked off, that's our future joker
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by udatso: 8:11pm On May 19
jpmoriarti:
Or child labor. angry
.that's the perfect word actually
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:42pm On May 19
Pep Guardiola on his future with contract due to expire in June 2025: “The reality is I’m closer to leaving than staying”.

“We have talked with the club and my feeling is that I want to stay now. I will stay next season”.

“But during the season we will talk, we will see”.

I am listening 👂 👂

Andrewbaba44 hope you're listening too, bro? angry angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 9:52pm On May 19
jpmoriarti:
Pep Guardiola on his future with contract due to expire in June 2025: “The reality is I’m closer to leaving than staying”.

“We have talked with the club and my feeling is that I want to stay now. I will stay next season”.

I am listening 👂 👂

I am not listening to guardiola for now

Even with our classy young talents who he will surely like to work with ,we go still need to drop like 300M for that man grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:19pm On May 19
andrewbaba44:

I am not listening to guardiola for now

Even with our classy young talents who he will surely like to work with ,we go still need to drop like 300M for that man grin
Well, if you're not listening, I am listening. He has to come back to his home. He'll accept us the way we are.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 10:35pm On May 19
jpmoriarti:
Well, if you're not listening, I am listening. He has to come back to his home. He'll accept us the way we are.

Who doesn’t want him back ?

He is not someone you Can tell what to do just like gbaporta to xavi ,he will also need like 250/300M for some transfers
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:31pm On May 19
I can't believe Laliga has one more round. Are you kidding me? So I'm gonna have to watch this Barcelona one more time?😬😬😬

Come on!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awadi(m): 7:31am On May 20
As feminine has started scoring it now gingering Pedri too to want to score
Part the reason am not into all this change coach agenda is that new coach might not be able to manage some of our young players
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:30am On May 20
Awadi:
As feminine has started scoring it now gingering Pedri too to want to score
Part the reason am not into all this change coach agenda is that new coach might not be able to manage some of our young players
Change is always a tricky affair. You never know what you'll get until you get it.

For one, I do not like the physical side of our players. I thought there were too many injuries to important players at important points in the season. It derailed our season especially in January and February.

This is something the coaching staff could have handled better. If I'm looking for new coach, this is something I'd prioritise.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:47pm On May 20
jpmoriarti:
Im indifferent with the Xavi situation.
But the club has to consider carefully. If you sack him, you have to pay him off alongside his staff. I hear it can be as much as 20m euros. If you let him stay, you have to back him in the transfer window. Going a full season without a DM is not acceptable. No coach will agree to work under such restrictions.

Also, I think going back to Camp Nou next season will make alot of difference especially in our home performances. We're going trophyless this season purely due to our 'home' form. You have to have comfort at home. This team looks far from comfortable playing at the Magic Mountains.
Well let's see what happens, what I'm saying is Laporta should have let Xavi go jeje since he also agreed to forfeit the remaining salary of his contract next season instead of all this new drama after the U-turn, But of course we'll have to strengthen seriously no matter who's gonna be in charge
I don't agree with the montjuic being a reason for our poor performances sha, remember we were also thrashed by Bayern and vardrid there last season, yeah the camp Nou would give us a better atmosphere plus the easy accessibility to the stadium compared to the montjuic right in the mountains but it still doesn't vindicate most of our terrible performances, it's our fans that are still more though as the home team so we had the all support, we could have probably flogged psg too there if not for araujo's moment of madness
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:04pm On May 20
jpmoriarti:

I am listening 👂 👂

Guardiola is not coming back as a coach to Barça in the nearest future, he'll probably renew with City or head a national team soonest, dead that thought

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:14pm On May 20
The way our boy yamal was being mentioned yesterday on X was really funny to see, to think several vardrid News pages (something I thought only fan pages will do) started posting his picture alongside Guler for comparison purposes when the latter surpassed his goal tally, Can't hype their talent's feats without bringing in lamine Lol
But mehn if this boy doesn't turn out according to their expectations, Talmbout the next fati, bojan, end up in Luton, Brighton in two years time, youngest to go trophyless, kid falsified his age, another overhyped lamasia pr merchant, bla bla bla, there's going to be some serious trouble, even fati didn't get this much attention from their fanbase before his ACL
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 2:09pm On May 20
Kilishihunter:

Guardiola is not coming back as a coach to Barça in the nearest future, he'll probably renew with City or head a national team soonest, dead that thought
I'm gonna dead the thought bro. It is the hope that kills you wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 2:28pm On May 20
jpmoriarti:
I'm gonna dead the thought bro. It is the hope that kills you wink
Even if there was a slight chance he would come back I wouldn't want him to
We need to find and create new stars, men who would write their own story just like the legends of our glory days instead of hanging on to the relics of the past
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:50pm On May 20
Kilishihunter:

Even if there was a slight chance he would come back I wouldn't want him to
We need to find and create new stars, men who would write their own story just like the legends of our glory days instead of hanging on to the relics of the past
Since moving on has been harder than first imagined, I see no reason why we can't look into our past and draw up some relics such as Guardiola, who can help us clarify our present and reshape the future.

Next year, it'll be 10 years since we last tasted success in the continental UCL showpiece. It's becoming too long.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 4:46pm On May 20
jpmoriarti:
Since moving on has been harder than first imagined, I see no reason why we can't look into our past and draw up some relics such as Guardiola, who can help us clarify our present and reshape the future.

Next year, it'll be 10 years since we last tasted success in the continental UCL showpiece. It's becoming too long.
Guardiola won't magically make us win the UCL especially as we can't afford his transfers
It's just the unrealistic expectations of us atimes if not we are in a rebuild currently especially with all these youngsters and some mids that need to be moved, Guardiola has played his part and moved on to more glories his success has attracted, Another thing is our board back then during his successful stint are now with city, txiki Bergstein ferran soriano and the rest they are also a big part of his success after being poached by the Abu Dhabi group
We have a lot to do inhouse to get right back on track especially in terms of administration, we can rebuild from the scratch rather than dwelling in the past which has mostly hindered us today, only if we get it right especially as we have a very talented young core
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by camri: 6:48pm On May 20
Kilishihunter:
The way our boy yamal was being mentioned yesterday on X was really funny to see, to think several vardrid News pages (something I thought only fan pages will do) started posting his picture alongside Guler for comparison purposes when the latter surpassed his goal tally, Can't hype their talent's feats without bringing in lamine Lol
But mehn if this boy doesn't turn out according to their expectations, Talmbout the next fati, bojan, end up in Luton, Brighton in two years time, youngest to go trophyless, kid falsified his age, another overhyped lamasia pr merchant, bla bla bla, there's going to be some serious trouble, even fati didn't get this much attention from their fanbase before his ACL
is fati coming back
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 7:44pm On May 20
I no wan hear the continuous nonsensical annoying argument that Xavi wasn't supported or our team is mediocre especially from the likes of JPmoriarti. 😤

Xavi was and is supported plenty. He just doesn't know how to utilise his resources well.

Atletico Madrid, Villarreal and Girona didn't have a combined spend up to Barca in Xavi's time as coach so it baffles me all the time hearing he wasn't supported.
The only thing I'll say Xavi had problems with is our DM position this season that we couldn't get a solid player. We all know we couldn't due to fair play issues and we still got him Romeu (even tho he's below par).

Almost all his choice players was gotten for him except Zubimendi. Lewandoski and Raphinha & Kounde didn't come cheap.
There's also Gundogan brought for free and Roque who he has refused to use. So what's his fvvking excuse. Especially when his team of medical professionals can't even handle fitness issues in the team for two years. Injuries always have a BIG issue in our performance in the team and yet he's been unable to fix that. I'm even more vexed when I remember Xavi was mouthing off back then about the teams fitness and bringing in world class practitioners to change the tide.
Imagine Barca having 3 key midfielders gone out to injury in the same period. Same happened at Defence at some point last season. For a coach who had the whole medical team changed before he fully assumed leadership, he should be sacked for these blunders for the past two seasons.

The entire Barca medical team had to make way for Xavi's men. So what and what wasn't done for him. Make na no come here dey shelter this werey man all the damn time. Koeman no enjoy this luxury.
Even the quality and development of our La Masia kids is unprecedented. See the so much quality he's gotten on the cheap in Lamine Yamal, Cubarsi, Fermin Lopez, Balde and Gavi. Who had this much quality youngsters in considerable numbers in all positions in the team in recent memory??

I feel people just forget things easily and remember only the present. Not every coach even gets all they want and yet must eke out results. For Xavi, every damn thing must be ideal for him to be able to perform. How that one want take win?? Later he'll come and be spouting trash about the quality of the grass? Is that a serious coach. Especially when the team played badly.

Even Barca had to change Sporting Director because of him. Alemany leaving and Pimienta na transgression I can not forgive Laporta and Xavi for.
So what does Xavi needs to perform?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:08pm On May 20
abduleez1:
I no wan hear the continuous nonsensical annoying argument that Xavi wasn't supported or our team is mediocre especially from the likes of JPmoriarti. 😤

Xavi was and is supported plenty. He just doesn't know how to utilise his resources well.

Atletico Madrid, Villarreal and Girona didn't have a combined spend up to Barca in Xavi's time as coach so it baffles me all the time hearing he wasn't supported.
The only thing I'll say Xavi had problems with is our DM position this season that we couldn't get a solid player. We all know we couldn't due to fair play issues and we still got him Romeu (even tho he's below par).

Almost all his choice players was gotten for him except Zubimendi. Lewandoski and Raphinha & Kounde didn't come cheap.
There's also Gundogan brought for free and Roque who he has refused to use. So what's his fvvking excuse. Especially when his team of medical professionals can't even handle fitness issues in the team for two years. Injuries always have a BIG issue in our performance in the team and yet he's been unable to fix that. I'm even more vexed when I remember Xavi was mouthing off back then about the teams fitness and bringing in world class practitioners to change the tide.
Imagine Barca having 3 key midfielders gone out to injury in the same period. Same happened at Defence at some point last season. For a coach who had the whole medical team changed before he fully assumed leadership, he should be sacked for these blunders for the past two seasons.

The entire Barca medical team had to make way for Xavi's men. So what and what wasn't done for him. Make na no come here dey shelter this werey man all the damn time. Koeman no enjoy this luxury.
Even the quality and development of our La Masia kids is unprecedented. See the so much quality he's gotten on the cheap in Lamine Yamal, Cubarsi, Fermin Lopez, Balde and Gavi. Who had this much quality youngsters in considerable numbers in all positions in the team in recent memory??

I feel people just forget things easily and remember only the present. Not every coach even gets all they want and yet must eke out results. For Xavi, every damn thing must be ideal for him to be able to perform. How that one want take win?? Later he'll come and be spouting trash about the quality of the grass? Is that a serious coach. Especially when the team played badly.

Even Barca had to change Sporting Director because of him. Alemany leaving and Pimienta na transgression I can not forgive Laporta and Xavi for.
So what does Xavi needs to perform?
This write up is quite a lot. I don't know where to start to reply. I'm sorry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6206) (6207) (6208) (6209) (6210) (6211) (6212) ... (6223) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.