Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4676961 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6208) (6209) (6210) (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) ... (6234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:54pm On May 22
Deco and bojan met with Flick today in London, xavi's time looks over
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:58pm On May 22
jpmoriarti:
Xavi will do very well with this current Chelsea team. Our team is dysfunctional and disjointed in personnel and profile. Reason we were getting inconsistent performances from them. One day, they'll play well. Another day, it was a disaster.

I don't think Chelsea's team is structurally wrong like ours. Lots of young, talented players. But lacking cohesion, which is what a coach like Xavi, can bring.
Tah Chelsea worse pass us abeg
Just a good CDM, and a left winger or even a younger lewy replacement and we'll be back to system
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 1:59pm On May 22
Kilishihunter:
Deco and bojan met with Flick today in London, xavi's time looks over

More info:

Hansi Flick has a very proven physical training coach: this is Holger Broich. Those who worked with him say that the workouts are intense and rigorous. If Flick signs a contract with Barcelona, he will join him (his contract with Bayern Munich is valid until June 30, 2024). [@sagonzalezbueno]

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 2:05pm On May 22
Baddestguyp:

More info:

Hansi Flick has a very proven physical training coach: this is Holger Broich. Those who worked with him say that the workouts are intense and rigorous. If Flick signs a contract with Barcelona, he will join him (his contract with Bayern Munich is valid until June 30, 2024). [@sagonzalezbueno]

Great, more running and physicality to our soft bums
Why I'm on board with Flick this time apart from the directness we'll get in our playing style his age allows us to keep a shortlist of other young coaches who are in view of being the next great thing when he leaves especially as our financial situation hopefully picks up in the coming years with the new camp Nou and a well structured wage bill
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 2:08pm On May 22
Some of us might judge flick with his Germany stint but tbf that team was grossly mid, even nagelsmann struggled in his first few matches before getting new talents like Wirtz and andrich alongside calling back the legendary Kroos from retirement

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 2:15pm On May 22
Girona, Girona you gats collect the 8-2 wey I collect for what you did to us this season

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 2:17pm On May 22
U beta take it easy grin
Kilishihunter:
Girona, Girona you gats collect the 8-2 wey I collect for what you did to us this season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 2:27pm On May 22
Ijustwantto:
U beta take it easy grin
When we were beaten like robbers nobody told them to take it easy ooh grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:51pm On May 22
Baddestguyp:

Give me Hansi Flick let him toughen the legs of these our soft players when them dey bully up and down the field

Flick is very ok
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 2:51pm On May 22
I understand. But na 4-2 each. No be only dem. Na almost every big club rape us dis season. Remember ucl group stages, we were drawing with unknown club like say tomorrow no dey. It is well. grin grin
Kilishihunter:

When we were beaten like robbers nobody told them to take it easy ooh grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 3:46pm On May 22
Can't even feel bad about Xavi being treated this way.

When Messi was going through his own my head was on Mars.

Laporta is just quite simply a bitch... Make Xavi hold. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 4:16pm On May 22
andrewbaba44:

Flick is very ok

I'm watching videos of Flick...

Flick inherited a Bayern team that were 4th on the table and just lost 5-1...

Flick changed everything and won a sextuple

Apparently Flick was the one who made young Alphonso Davies his first choice Left Back...and that season remember how good Davies became...that he tore apart Barca and Chelsea...

Flick was the one who also converted Kimmich from a RB to a DM...

Flick brought back Muller into their starting lineup and Muller had a Bundesliga record of 21 assists that season...

He made Bayern play a very risky high press...and also made them very deadly on the counter

See ESPN's tweet on Bayern back then...
See the change man...

Not our Barca with lazy training

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 6:26pm On May 22
Baddestguyp:

I'm watching videos of Flick...

Flick inherited a Bayern team that were 4th on the table and just lost 5-1...

Flick changed everything and won a sextuple

Apparently Flick was the one who made young Alphonso Davies his first choice Left Back...and that season remember how good Davies became...that he tore apart Barca and Chelsea...

Flick was the one who also converted Kimmich from a RB to a DM...

Flick brought back Muller into their starting lineup and Muller had a Bundesliga record of 21 assists that season...

He made Bayern play a very risky high press...and also made them very deadly on the counter

See ESPN's tweet on Bayern back then...
See the change man...

Not our Barca with lazy training

Mehn, players like Araujo and Raphinha will benefit so much then there's sister Pedri with his broom stick legs..

Flick biko for the fitness and high intensity!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:57pm On May 22
Xabi Alonso and his Leverkusen charges, comes crashing down to the earth after an exceptional season. They just couldn't get going against Gasperini team.

Fair play to Atalanta for winning a maiden European trophy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:14pm On May 22
Just imagined Barca trying to press like the Atalanta team today. grin

After 15minutes Raphinha go be the first to faint. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 10:19pm On May 22
Dis one choke. Easy on our players please grin grin
BykeLaByke:
Just imagined Barca trying to press like the Atalanta team today. grin

After 15minutes Raphinha go be the first to faint. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 10:20pm On May 22
Leverkusen try, but football can humble you sometimes grin
jpmoriarti:
Xabi Alonso and his Leverkusen charges, comes crashing down to the earth after an exceptional season. They just couldn't get going against Gasperini team.

Fair play to Atalanta for winning a maiden European trophy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:25pm On May 22
Following Bayer Leverkusen’s loss to Atalanta in the Europa League Final, Barcelona will be in Pot 1 of next season’s Champions League ‘League Stage’ Draw

Waoooh. Nice!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:33pm On May 22
Ijustwantto:
Dis one choke. Easy on our players please grin grin
Team wey no fit press.

Yet no dey press resistant...

No kon get better keeper for post.

LMAOOOO... We kon dey wonder why teams dey rawdog us for Europe every year. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 10:44pm On May 22
Stergen don use 10 years like dis. Him still never commot after failing to deliver recently. Na to paro wit old players next season remain. Lewandowski and co. I don't fancy players dat can't turn up in big games like classico or ucl sad
BykeLaByke:

Team wey no fit press.

Yet no dey press resistant...

No kon get better keeper for post.

LMAOOOO... We kon dey wonder why teams dey rawdog us for Europe every year. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 11:58pm On May 22
jpmoriarti:
Following Bayer Leverkusen’s loss to Atalanta in the Europa League Final, Barcelona will be in Pot 1 of next season’s Champions League ‘League Stage’ Draw

Waoooh. Nice!

The only nice thing about being in pot 1 is the integrity of being there with other European power house like Madrid, Bayern and co. Aside that it means nothing and it would've been better for us if we were in pot2 sef...

The new format is very different from the old one. In the new format, we'll be playing 2 teams from each pot. Which simply mean that It doesn't matter which pot we're in. So basically we could play City and Bayern who themselves are in pot 1...

We stand to gain nothing in terms of who we face other than the ego of being with the big boys in same pot.

A high intensity match up with Bayern or City is what I don't want at this point in time. I wish we remained in pot 2 because of this guy...

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Colson(m): 12:13am On May 23
oliverano:

The only nice thing about being in pot 1 is the integrity of being there with other European power house like Madrid, Bayern and co. Aside that it means nothing and it would've been better for us if we were in pot2 sef...

The new format is very different from the old one. In the new format, we'll be playing 2 teams from each pot. Which simply mean that It doesn't matter which pot we're in. So basically we could play City and Bayern who themselves are in pot 1...

We stand to gain nothing in terms of who we face other than the ego of being with the big boys in same pot.

A high intensity match up with Bayern or City is what I don't want at this point in time. I wish we remained in pot 2 because of this guy...
Troll him as you want but you're missing the elephant in the room if you think MATS is the main problem of this barcelona.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 12:34am On May 23
Colson:
Troll him as you want but you're missing the elephant in the room if you think MATS is the main problem of this barcelona.

I'm not trolling him but he doesn't give me confidence anymore, not close. It'll surprise you when we finally get a standard GK who's willing to get dirty and stop shots.

United released a top shot stopper and went for a gra gra GK who wasn't even good at anything except passing now see their life outside. Even at La masia, Onana was always hot head and gra gra GK. I was shocked when United paid that much for him.

I know I'm digressing but if we're letting go of Stergen we should be going for GK who's 70% shot stopping and 30% passing. Not going for another GK who prefers passing to stopping shots.

Stergen is the common denominator in all our biggest defeats in league, cups, friendlies, UCL etc. He was the one in goal when Bayern scored 8. In that game, he gave up completely at the 4th goal.

When he leaves we'll do well again especially in the UCL provided we sign a standard GK not Onana-Degea kind of mistake!

Edit: Who's the elephant in the room, Chabi?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Colson(m): 12:48am On May 23
oliverano:

I'm not trolling him but he doesn't give me confidence anymore, not close. It'll surprise you when we finally get a standard GK who's willing to get dirty and stop shots.

United released a top shot stopper and went for a gra gra GK who wasn't even good at anything except passing now see their life outside. Even at La masia, Onana was always hot head and gra gra GK. I was shocked when United paid that much for him.

I know I'm digressing but if we're letting go of Stergen we should be going for GK who's 70% shot stopping and 30% passing. Not going for another GK who prefers passing to stopping shots.

Stergen is the common denominator in all our biggest defeats in league, cups, friendlies, UCL etc. He was the one in goal when Bayern scored 8. In that game, he gave up completely at the 4th goal.

When he leaves we'll do well again especially in the UCL provided we sign a standard GK not Onana-Degea kind of mistake!

Edit: Who's the elephant in the room, Chabi?
oga even if he leaves and we don't get a competent manager (most important) , a good DM and LW, we go still collect.
I reiterate that MATS is not the main problem of this team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 1:27am On May 23
Culers, let us forget about Matt or about any of our players as at now.
Let us all come together and hope that Hansi flick becomes our new manager.
I did some deep research on this man and i had goosebumps!!!

I have always maintained that Barcelona has one of the most dangerous squad in the world and what we lack are just two things, a proper defensive midfielder and a coach that can successfully utilize this squad.

At this moment i don't even want any player to leave, be it Roberto or torres or whatever so ever because when a coach like flick coaches you, he turns you into a football monster.

You can go and check the bayern team he handled and how that team gave fear to all the clubs in Europe.
Before a match will start, you have already lost because they were intimidating.

Thanks xavi for all you have done but this team needs a German machine like flick.

This is exactly the coach Aruajo and Co needs especially soft boy pedri.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 6:03am On May 23
Colson:
oga even if he leaves and we don't get a competent manager (most important) , a good DM and LW, we go still collect.
I reiterate that MATS is not main the problem of this team.

smiley smiley smiley

No problem. Remember that I've always maintained that our problem remains....

Coach>GK>DM>LW>CF but for now, let's scratch that and go for this...

Coach>>DM>LW>CF...Time will tell!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:12am On May 23
oliverano:

Well, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know the details of the new format.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 7:41am On May 23
Ijustwantto:
Stergen don use 10 years like dis. Him still never commot after failing to deliver recently. Na to paro wit old players next season remain. Lewandowski and co. I don't fancy players dat can't turn up in big games like classico or ucl sad
He's currently 32 sef.

The same age as Bravo when Stegen started threatening Luis Enrique he wants to be the main goal keeper or he leaves the club.

Now it's time to find a younger goal keeper.

Let Flick get confirmed first sha, cause I know he despises Stegen.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Arizoner: 8:07am On May 23
jpmoriarti:
Well, thanks for letting me know. I didn't know the details of the new format.
Why is Vitor roque not starting ahead of lewadowski? His buyout clause is 500 million. andrewbaba44
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 8:39am On May 23
Hate how Barca fans are trying to act like Xavi is being tortured or something...just cause a new coach is being hired while he's still the coach.

Same thing was done to Valverde and Koeman by the way.

Setien was literally announced 30seconds after Valverde got sacked.

But then Valverde and Koeman weren't the favorites of Barca fans for them to cry about it bah. cheesy grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 8:45am On May 23
It's like dis hansi flick tin is progressing grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 8:50am On May 23
No doubt Flick is an upgrade to xavi

But xavi doesn’t deserve that laporta treatment sha ,he shouldn’t have Changed his mind about leaving after laporta forced him to

Xavi is a good coach who needs to learn more ,he will thrive at an environment which isn’t toxic like here in Barca .

Let flick comes let see what he will do here ,players like FDJ needs to sit up unless he will be Flinged away

Flick no too like ter stegen sha grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6208) (6209) (6210) (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) ... (6234) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.