Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4631844 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sunky644(m): 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
You should know the trend Barcelona follows is that after performing excellently well in a season then they bring in one or two players and experiment as well as incorporate them into the team the next season which they may not win much trophies after which they smash all other clubs the following season. In short Barcelona alternate their season winning streak by performing well this season and have the next season as incorporating And resting one on and on like that, so this season is Barcelona's resting and incorporating season ( with players like fabregas, Alexis Sanchez, Cuenca etc incorporated into the team).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by michylabo(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fellow futbal lovers, my pick from the match:
1) Barcelona has very weak defense. Needs defenders and goalkeeper. Valdes is crap. Take it or leave it.
2) Get a classical Center Forward. yes Villa is very good, but is short. Need someone with height that can contest for aerial balls. When the passing game fails u, u switch to wing play and pull out for a target man.
3) never underestimate your opponent. That wld be d beginning of your downfall. 2 goals up and your thot you take advantage and humiliate chelsea, 4getting how consistent their form has been in Europe for past years now. While not play safe and defend. I remember barca fan saying that it wld end 5 - 0. Good for u. But u shld first defend the 2 - 0.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nnemmpi(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
no no barca will be back
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pazienza(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
Barca fans are just delusional,so busquet,sanchez,mascherano,pique,pedro are now exceptional players? Can you really say that these guys are the best in the positions they play in europe right now?

I know its hard for you guys to take,but the truth is that barca will never be that one team the whole world fears again,age has finally caught up with the engine of the team,Xavi, fabregas is still a long way from being the next xavi,and am sure that pep knows that this team can only go lower,the guy is going to bolt before the house clashes on him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mygsmnairacom(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
This is just a bad run where the team lost a few matches. It's not even a phase. They will surely be back, making the european soccer scene more exciting.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2012
''the best team doesn't always win the champions league''
------------Jose Mourinho(2012).

and they still hate him yet.
brethren, try to see beyond your noses for a change.
he speaketh in thy favor, why thouest hateth him with venom. repent from thy ways and embrace the light in his words of salvation.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2012
usbcable: ''the best team doesn't always win the champions league''

he speaketh in thy favor, why thouest hateth him with venom. repent from thy ways and embrace the light in his words of salvation.

Na, it was not in our favor, he's indirectly making out excuse for Madrid lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2012

We both know how sarcastic that statement sounds!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2012

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
And the best team won. Congrsts Bayern!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sholatech(m): 12:16am On Apr 26, 2012
@usbcable, that Mourinho quote now lands in the thrashcan. Today, the better tearm clearly won.
And Bayern also had better possession! Thumps up for Uefa..enough of all those Mourinho-led critique of Uefa.
Good Riddance to Mourinho and Ronaldo Arrogance. Now El-classico continues next season with a less-fatigued Barcelona.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 8:27am On Apr 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You think, or you hope?

These same comments were made in 2010, when Inter dumped us out of the CL semis, and went on to win the competition.
People are talking like we just got bundled out of the group stages of CL, like Manchester United were undecided

This is the semi-finals. Another team were better this time around, so we lost. Shikena. Same goes for the league. We had a bad run, we eventually are second in the league, with 4 games to go. It's not like we are 6th in the league or something, or facing relegation. We're even in the final of our domestic cup competition.

Barca's era is far from over, no matter how much people wish it were. The club is one of the biggest clubs in the world (3rd in terms of brand valuation), with many talented players, and the money to strengthen the squad, despite the much -advertised financial troubles. Many of the core players (Pique, Alves, Messi, Busquets, Pedro, even Sanchez), are under 25, and still have many seasons in their legs. Mascherano, Iniesta and Alves are still under 30. We have a bunch of sensational youngsters coming through (Thiago, Cuenca, Tello, Montoya), and I am sure at least one or two of these guys will come good. We definitely won't win the league or the UCL every year for the next 10 years, since other clubs are also working hard and spending money (imagine Madrid with 400m euros of investment in players and coach), but we will still do a lot of damage to teams along the way, and challenge for trophies till the end.

I still see a brighter future for Barca than, say, most of the top teams in the EPL, frankly speaking. Ageing stars, overpriced youngsters . . . In fact Manchester City looks like the team of the future over there.
EPL has nothing to do with my argument.I am not fanatical about the EPL,hence i am not blind to its obvious limitations.
The signs are obvious that while this Barca side is a good side and will remain good for a few more years, it will not be as dominant as it has been in the last 3 years.
The fear factor has been cracked.
The displays of the last 2 Chelsea matches and ElClasico will have sown doubts in the minds of the players where none existed before now.
One more fact is that this team has hole that need to be plugged and due to the inability of Pep to integrate non La Masia intakes into its philosophy will make it difficult to plugs those holes while the team plays only one way.
More importantly, no team reigns forever. Folks can try to do a pre mature post mortem on the barca side but i just sense the end of an era. They might still win the CL or la liga next season but that brutal dominance of the last 3 years will not happen again. The genie is out f the bottle and you know there is no need forcing it in.

one more thing, those youngsters coming through are not as sensational as Barca makes the world believe. The Xavi,Iniesta, Messi,Pique set is a golden generation to pretend that the next batch are anything close is pure fantasy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2012
pazienza: Barca fans are just delusional,so busquet,sanchez,mascherano,pique,pedro are now exceptional players? Can you really say that these guys are the best in the positions they play in europe right now?

I know its hard for you guys to take,but the truth is that barca will never be that one team the whole world fears again,age has finally caught up with the engine of the team,Xavi, fabregas is still a long way from being the next xavi,and am sure that pep knows that this team can only go lower,the guy is going to bolt before the house clashes on him.
Are you kidding me? Busquet is exceptional in every sense of the word.
please name a better defensive midfielder.
Before Shakira started messing with Pique's head,he seemed destined for the very top and may still get there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2012
mbulela:
EPL has nothing to do with my argument.I am not fanatical about the EPL,hence i am not blind to its obvious limitations.
The signs are obvious that while this Barca side is a good side and will remain good for a few more years, it will not be as dominant as it has been in the last 3 years.
The fear factor has been cracked.
The displays of the last 2 Chelsea matches and ElClasico will have sown doubts in the minds of the players where none existed before now.
One more fact is that this team has hole that need to be plugged and due to the inability of Pep to integrate non La Masia intakes into its philosophy will make it difficult to plugs those holes while the team plays only one way.
More importantly, no team reigns forever. Folks can try to do a pre mature post mortem on the barca side but i just sense the end of an era. They might still win the CL or la liga next season but that brutal dominance of the last 3 years will not happen again. The genie is out f the bottle and you know there is no need forcing it in.

one more thing, those youngsters coming through are not as sensational as Barca makes the world believe. The Xavi,Iniesta, Messi,Pique set is a golden generation to pretend that the next batch are anything close is pure fantasy.

I still respectfully differ, my friend.
When Rijkaard was coaching this club, when we had Eto'o, Deco, Ronaldinho, etc, we believed we would not see anything more glorious from Barcelona than the displays of 2004/5 and 2005/6. Ronaldinho won the Ballon D'ors back to back, we won the league twice, and one Champions League, and we all felt it could not get better. Then came a 2-year slump.

What we are saying is, the team can still be dominant. The key actors are still very much around, and new ones will show up. Dominance is relative, anyways, but I expect the team to continue to kick Madrid's arse in the league on occasion, and also compete very strongly in Europe for a while. Pep will leave, and we will get someone else, who may or may not work well for the team. But we will still compete. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pique . . . apart from Xavi, the other chaps are very much around for some 5 more years, and will continue to play at this level.

As per the youngsters . . . they won't all come good, but a couple of them will, because Barca will give them the opportunity. You think if it was another club, Xavi or Iniesta would ever have seen the light of day? Pep has exposed those youngsters, and they will grow to be very good, if not exceptional, competitors.

mbulela:
Are you kidding me? Busquet is exceptional in every sense of the word.
please name a better defensive midfielder.
Before Shakira started messing with Pique's head,he seemed destined for the very top and may still get there.

Well, good news. Shakira has broken up with Pique grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Well, good news. Shakira has broken up with Pique grin
Okafor's law.
I will say no more. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:36am On Apr 26, 2012
Cules,
Some mixed news. Rumours are rife that Pep has decided not to renew. He's having lunch with Rosell today, and will meet the players afterwards.
A press conference might be called tomorrow Friday.
I say mixed, because though I am sad he's not staying, I think he needs the break from the pressure. He doesn't have the stomach for the high-pressure top coacing environment. I certainly do not see him going to Chelsea, though if he does, I wish him well.

His replacement? Rumours are also rife that it is none other than the very intelligent and charismatic Laurent Blanc. If that happens, that is an excellent choice. I totally respect Blanc, he was a leader on the pitch, and is a very astute fellow. At Marseille, they called him 'Le President'. He's a Beckenbauer type of figure.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:46am On Apr 26, 2012
the major problem with the team this time is fatigue.there has really been no time for the guys to rest.after they conquered the world in world cup, they still went ahead and won all the major trophies for the club.Messi went to the copa america and came back with no time to rest.they played in six competitions with the relatively small squad which really exposed the team in the time of injuries.

Am so sure the team will bounce back with or without pep only if more legs could be brought in in addition to the younger ones.

But i will be so dissapointed if messi loses the ballon d'oer to ronaldo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 11:47am On Apr 26, 2012
AjanleKoko: Cules,
Some mixed news. Rumours are rife that Pep has decided not to renew. He's having lunch with Rosell today, and will meet the players afterwards.
I say mixed, because though I am sad he's not staying, I think he needs the break from the pressure. He doesn't have the stomach for the high-pressure top coacing environment. I certainly do not see him going to Chelsea, though if he does, I wish him well.

His replacement? Rumours are also rife that it is none other than the very intelligent and charismatic Laurent Blanc. If that happens, that is an excellent choice. I totally respect Blanc, he was a leader on the pitch, and is a very astute fellow. At Marseille, they called him 'Le President'. He's a Beckenbauer type of figure.
Blanc is my secret choice to replace fergie. I hope you don't get him. He seems one guy who is not fazed by pressure.outside him,i have no interest in whoever replaces Fergie.
Pep will not go to Chelsea, you can take that to the bank.
I hope Pep remains at Nou Camp for at least one more season. He will look like a quitter if he bolts now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2012
[/color]

[color=#550000]

i think bielsa of bilbao is better because of his tatics and simillar attacking style of play, ilove pep alot but i think he has to move on but dont really like him for chelsea job
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by meracool(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
NEROSKY: Their reign is about to be over!!!
Their Eviction made me the happiest
though am Man United Die hard fan n Someone that hate Chelshit wif passion
plus their official backup infact Barca Sucks! grin
GGMU Manutd is d best I JUST HATE BARCELONA.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
sebod: [/color][color=#550000]

i think bielsa of bilbao is better because of his tatics and simillar attacking style of play, ilove pep alot but i think he has to move on but dont really like him for chelsea job
perish the thought. Biesla will not manage a top club. The pressure will kill him. He is not cut out for such. Besides he does not come across as a man that will be willing to subject him self to the high demands of Nou camp. Bilbao suits him well enough.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hmm.....i know laliga is gone BUT don't u tink GOD might D-SIDE 2 humble mou d MOR by losin d trophi(laliga) jus lyk hi (wel STI PROUD & ARROGANT) was HUMBLED las nite
'm jus kidin o
but derez a word called h_o_p_e sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
pazienza: Barca fans are just delusional,so busquet,sanchez,mascherano,pique,pedro are now exceptional players? Can you really say that these guys are the best in the positions they play in europe right now?

this is the type of nonsense people write that makes outsiders think nigerians are brainless.

make no mistakes about it, barcelona are still the best club in europe. in the last five seasons,
this is barca's record in the champions league:

2007/08 - semi-final
2008/09 - winners
2009/10 - semi-final
2010/11 - winners
2011/12 - semi-final

only a lunatic would write them off now, they would probably win it again next season. they still
have xavi, busquets, messi, pique, pedro. david villa would be back in the fray so are pedro and abidal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
its quite impossible for madrid to lose seven points in four matches remaining just as its impossible it it were barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
mbulela:
Blanc is my secret choice to replace fergie. I hope you don't get him. He seems one guy who is not fazed by pressure.outside him,i have no interest in whoever replaces Fergie.
Pep will not go to Chelsea, you can take that to the bank.
I hope Pep remains at Nou Camp for at least one more season. He will look like a quitter if he bolts now.

So Man United fans like better thing . . . grin
But he is a class act, this guy. He showed steel nerves as a player, the French version of the Kaiser. Interestingly, he played for both United and Barcelona as a player, but didn't seem to enjoy himself much at both clubs. Fergie did say once that he always knew Blanc was going to be a coach, as he spent much of his time at United studying the training methods, the coaching styles and regimen.

There is also a scary rumour about Villas-Boas. God forbid. Not that he's a bad coach, but I don't want us to be his rebound club. He needs to find himself all over again, but not with Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

But he is a class act, this guy. He showed steel nerves as a player, the French version of the Kaiser. Interestingly, he played for both United and Barcelona as a player, but didn't seem to enjoy himself much at both clubs. Fergie did say once that he always knew Blanc was going to be a coach, as he spent much of his time at United studying the training methods, the coaching styles and regimen.

There is also a scary rumour about Villas-Boas. God forbid. Not that he's a bad coach, but I don't want us to be his rebound club. He needs to find himself all over again, but not with Barca.

laurent blanc at old trafford? hell no.
he's too tactically inept to manage a big club. he's too insipid to deal with the pressure(british media, match officials, etc).
the only manager in the world today capable of wearing fergie's shoes is jose mourinho!

man utd are a team who has a winning habit. laurent blanc(unfortunately)does not have the clout
to guarantee that. this is not the french league. this is the english league - a league of sharks
where respected names like scolari, ancelotti, ramos, benitez, etc have all been disgraced!

i would have pep guardiola too for his tactical innovations and his complete trust in youthful players.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
AjanleKoko:

May that rumour be true IJN!! wink

Blanc did not enjoy himself much at United because he just was past it when he arrived. However, i hear the young defenders were in awe of him as he was good guide and model in training. Every time i realise that he is still available, i feel easier about Fergie's impending departure. The moment he gets tied down by a big club i would be truly worried. Unless Fergie is willing to wait for another 4 years while my second option gets ready (OGS, the baby assassin).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
I hope this is false!
Pep is Barca and Barca is him.
We cannot afford to have him go now, not now nor ever! I will like him to do a Ferguson with us. He is the best that happened to us.
I don't want us to look back and regret that he left or to see him as one that got away!

Pep pls remain with us!
Mane nobis, Pep!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chimezinko: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Mcleo007: That was so lame of you Terry. Haba! He wasn't even with the ball.
barca still the best
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
Johnpaul88: I hope this is false!
Pep is Barca and Barca is him.
We cannot afford to have him go now, not now nor ever! I will like him to do a Ferguson with us. He is the best that happened to us.
I don't want us to look back and regret that he left or to see him as one that got away!

Pep pls remain with us!
Mane nobis, Pep!
I wish the guy stays with you guys a year or two more but anything more than that, the guy will die on the job. i am not even sure his health is sound now.
That Fergie na freak of nature.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
In case he says no, there is a B
plan: Bielsa, Blanc or Valverde.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by montelik(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

laurent blanc at old trafford? hell no.
he's too tactically inept to manage a big club. he's too insipid to deal with the pressure(british media, match officials, etc).
the only manager in the world today capable of wearing fergie's shoes is jose mourinho!

[/b]man utd are a team who has a winning habit. laurent blanc(unfortunately)does not have the clout
to guarantee that. this is not the french league. this is the english league - a league of sharks
where respected names like scolari, ancelotti, ramos, benitez, etc have all been disgraced!

i would have pep guardiola too for his tactical innovations and his complete trust in youthful players.

With all due respect to Jose's achievements. Let me say a big GOD FORBID to Jose taking charge at O.T.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.