Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4610336 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (6196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Well, it's pretty obvious, isn't it?
The club is obviously trying to preserve the current mindset, and build on it. Effectively, Pep will still coach Barca in absentia. Probably even return to the club in some functional capacity. Maybe a future director of sporting, maybe a president even.

Expect to see a new progression of coaches, from the Juvenil and B Team coaches. Oscar Garcia, Luis Enrique . . . it now looks like they will also coach Barca soon. Just the same way they are trying to blood La Masia products. It's a financially-motivated approach, and can work with little hiccups for the next 4-6 years.
Hoping Pep does not rock up somewhere else after his period of rest (probably a year).
If i was a Barca fan i would have wanted an outsider with Tito as his side kick. I know this option is a continuation but i thought you would have wanted some freshening up.
Anyway that keeps my Blanc/OGS dream alive.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pazienza(m): 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2012
Like i predicted,pep is set to bolt,this is nt the first time the guy has been under this type of pressure,he has been there before,(granted he won the league that 2010),but the guy stayed behind and had a great season the following season.
So,why is the guy leaving now? Could it be that he is fore-seeing things that delusional barca fans are not seeing? Anyway,only time will tell.

@coogar.
Learn to be civil,everybody must not hold the same opinion as you,no need to start throwing insults around.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
pep; u r d best i wish u the very best life can offer. i will miss u so much and i hope u have well equiped tito inorder to carry on from where u stopped.
adieu the great one
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
mbulela:
Hoping Pep does not rock up somewhere else after his period of rest (probably a year).
If i was a Barca fan i would have wanted an outsider with Tito as his side kick. I know this option is a continuation but i thought you would have wanted some freshening up.
Anyway that keeps my Blanc/OGS dream alive.

Well, you know my preference. But it appears the club don't want an outsider for now, which is understandable for them. An outsider will be more expensive, transfer budget will go up, club philosophy and approach might suffer, neglect of the cantera, which has been part of the club's hype.

Unlike the Laporta/Begiristain era, Rosell and Zubi are quite conservative, it appears.

But Blanc would have done a great job in my opinion.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
As someone noted earlier, "He is going to recharge his battery.
His team plays the best football the world has ever
known and he is going on a one year break to go and
research on a new football pattern thereby inventing
A NEW STYLE OF FOOTBALL.
This is what Greatness entails."

We Cules wish him a well-deserved rest/sabathical. We know his heart beats for the club and its good he's leaving now, even though the ovation seems a distant beat. And yes, everyone knows his records and short-term achievements speak for him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
Like most Cules, I'm not happy that Pep is leaving now. Especially because all the haters out there will claim that it is because of the losses to Madrid and Chelsea, which we all know is not true. From his body language and evasiveness to renew his contract earlier in the season, it was suspected by many (though we all hoped against it) that he would call it quits this season.

I wish him all the best and hope that the club will give Tito the resources he needs to succeed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
Meanwhile, I hope the rivalry between Barca and Real Madrid cools a bit next season. It is so intense now that it is damaging La Liga (neither club can afford to lose a match, leading to ridiculous gaps between 2nd and 3rd), but now, I feel it has cost both clubs the chance to reach the UCL finals. Last weekend, in the classico, both Barca and Real played their best available teams. However, their opponents in UCL (Chelsea and Bayern Munich) both rested their best players for the UCL matches. By the 65th minute of the two UCL matches, you could see that Barca and Madrid players got tired, while Chelsea and Bayern players were still going stong (in spite of Chelsea playing with 10 men against Barca). In any other league in Europe, this last El Classico would would have been reserves vs Reserves, but the rivalry is so intense now that both managers risked UCL for classico glory - SMH!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:36am On Apr 28, 2012
bollocks

the club is chin high in debt, y blow money on a new manager when the system and team practically picks itself

there is no money to buy big players. the defence line needs like 2-3 prolly need a striker too abi dis fabregas upfront idea make sense?

he's won a lot, motivation is reduced, the team is gettin sussed out too

faced with the above would u not walk away if u were guardiola? abeg spare us the bull..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:39am On Apr 28, 2012
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 28, 2012
Of all the clubs Guardiola has faced in all competitions as Barca manager, he has only failed to register a single victory against one club - Chelsea - failing to beat them in four attempts. Well done CHELSEA!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2012
Stealthy: Meanwhile, I hope the rivalry between Barca and Real Madrid cools a bit next season. It is so intense now that it is damaging La Liga (neither club can afford to lose a match, leading to ridiculous gaps between 2nd and 3rd), but now, I feel it has cost both clubs the chance to reach the UCL finals. Last weekend, in the classico, both Barca and Real played their best available teams. However, their opponents in UCL (Chelsea and Bayern Munich) both rested their best players for the UCL matches. By the 65th minute of the two UCL matches, you could see that Barca and Madrid players got tired, while Chelsea and Bayern players were still going stong (in spite of Chelsea playing with 10 men against Barca). In any other league in Europe, this last El Classico would would have been reserves vs Reserves, but the rivalry is so intense now that both managers risked UCL for classico glory - SMH!

why dont mcleo and eyoniggar tend to at least once a while reason like you.
I said this in the real madrid thread but them no kuku gree evrn Ajan joindem sef.
abegi.10 over 10 for you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2012
BlueDiva: Of all the clubs Guardiola has faced in all competitions as Barca manager, he has only failed to register a single victory against one club - Chelsea - failing to beat them in four attempts. Well done CHELSEA!
Up Chelsea jare.
and na Real Madrid chop am pass for hin hand.
never the less
Hala Madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2012
4llerbuntu: bollocks

the club is chin high in debt, y blow money on a new manager when the system and team practically picks itself

there is no money to buy big players. the defence line needs like 2-3 prolly need a striker too abi dis fabregas upfront idea make sense?

faced with the above would u not walk away if u were guardiola? abeg spare us the bull..
grin
4llerbuntu: bollocks

i dont think he is running away( which is also possible shaaaa oooooo) but he is good nah.
I feel the club has done some ridiculous buys all in yhe name of la masia(fab in mind here).
the clubalso mightnot be too inclined to go to market for a new coach due to funds but will also want to argue on continuing the legacy of pep.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
So sad to see Pep go - but seriously, the dude is a real weirdo - WTF!

Pep. . . .please upgrade jare and come take over the reins from SAF; hate to see Mourinho in charge at the OT, I go burn all my UTD jersey in protest! grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2012
Well, it seems Pep ain't the only one who's suffered such "brain touch"

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/sport-most-shocking-retirements-151856284.html
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
Rumours abound that we've signed Alba for €13m.

I really can't see what he'd bring to the team that we haven't already got in Adriano. I really hope he proves me wrong but I'd have preferred a bigger, more physical defender to supplement what we already have. . . IMO, it doesn't in anyway fill the Abidal sized hole in the defence.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
IMO, Alba will make a good buy. We need to rid ourselves off the Abidal factor real quick cos I don't see any quality left back of Abi's mould out there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2012
Mcleo007: IMO, Alba will make a good buy. We need to rid ourselves off the Abidal factor real quick cos I don't see any quality left back of Abi's mould out there.

Gareth Bale can play left-back and is 6 foot plus. . . He's also valued at just 40m grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2012
medjai: Rumours abound that we've signed Alba for €13m.

I really can't see what he'd bring to the team that we haven't already got in Adriano. I really hope he proves me wrong but I'd have preferred a bigger, more physical defender to supplement what we already have. . . IMO, it doesn't in anyway fill the Abidal sized hole in the defence.

Well I hope it's not true. While we need a new LB to replace Abidal, Alba is too short. He's a very good player, but our defence (and team in general) cannot afford to have more short members.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 4:36am On Apr 29, 2012
Mcleo007: IMO, Alba will make a good buy. We need to rid ourselves off the Abidal factor real quick cos I don't see any quality left back of Abi's mould out there.
David Alaba will do just fine; and he can also play mid-field (just the kind of player Barca likes). If only Bayern Munchen will let him go.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2012
^^^^^ They will never allow Alaba off Bayern. Even a 60 million euros bid wont ship him off.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2012
ritchboy:

Gareth Bale can play left-back and is 6 foot plus. . . He's also valued at just 40m grin

Bale a left-back? The gods must truly be crazy then! grin Me thinks the dude only attained stardom wen he got converted to playing upfront. He was shittty playing at the rear.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2012
Even Madrid doesnt have a big tall left back. Why all the complaints?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2012
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2012
AjanleKoko: Even Madrid doesnt have a big tall left back. Why all the complaints?
is there any club that has a big left back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
AjanleKoko: Even Madrid doesnt have a big tall left back. Why all the complaints?
Madrid have Pepe and Ramos, both are 6+ft and Arbeloa, who isn't bad physically.

Pique aside, our defence is made up of midgets. Imagine a back four of Alves-Masch-Puyol-Alba. We'd be murdered aerially.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
medjai: Madrid have Pepe and Ramos, both are 6+ft and Arbeloa, who isn't bad physically.

Pique aside, our defence is made up of midgets. Imagine a back four of Alves-Masch-Puyol-Alba. We'd be murdered aerially.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
medjai: Madrid have Pepe and Ramos, both are 6+ft and Arbeloa, who isn't bad physically.

Lots of Barca B defenders are 6ft and above. Batra = 1.84m, Fontas = 1.82m, Montoya = 1.76m. I know, they're not experienced. By the time they're back from the Olympics, other clubs will be happy to take them off our hands, I'm sure.

People easily forget Demetrio Chygrynskiy. As far as buying defenders for Barca goes, just remember how his signing turned out. Yes, we lost to Chelsea, a team with big defenders. But we actually scored against them. Pepe and Ramos? Good memories, even with their so-called height.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2012
Yes, indeed. Barca are finished as a footballing force. It can only go down from here now.
Look how they are being raped away to Ray Vallencano, a team they have not beaten away in donkey years grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2012
That is the spirit.pep deserves manita till he leaves.pedro/villa-messi-alexis collabo could be an intresting attacking line up for next season.We are Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
Great game it was. Things can only get better with this team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GeorgeD1(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2012
with a club whose president ranks among the 3rd richest in the world, buying of new players should hardly be an issue - or maybe i'm missing something here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (6196) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Philip6800(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.