Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4609427 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (6195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2012
George_D: with a club whose president ranks among the 3rd richest in the world, buying of new players should hardly be an issue - or maybe i'm missing something here?

But the president is not the owner of the club, Barcelona is mostly owned by the fans.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2012
George_D: with a club whose president ranks among the 3rd richest in the world, buying of new players should hardly be an issue - or maybe i'm missing something here?

You definitely missed something.
Barcelona is the 3rd richest club in the world. Not the Barcelona president.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GeorgeD1(m): 2:06pm On May 01, 2012
hmmmm, i see. a rich club with a poor president? how queer!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sholatech(m): 4:31pm On May 01, 2012
Foot ball..not Free to air satellites!
President of a rich club he does not own does not imply he's poor.
Just corrected that he's not the third richest. Chikena!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:46am On May 02, 2012
Llorente, Jordi Alba, and Javi Martinez are all being linked with Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2012
AjanleKoko: Llorente, Jordi Alba, and Javi Martinez are all being linked with Barca.
Llorente is needed big time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:11pm On May 02, 2012
honeric01: Llorente is needed big time.

A striker is only needed if we are prepared to sell Villa.
I am not sure he should be sold just yet. He is a great player, and the partnership with Pedro and Messi was very lethal last season. There is also talk about Van Persie and Drogba looking to join Barca. If I was to opt between both, Van Persie would be the obvious choice, seeing as Drog is 34. But I trust Wenger to place a premium on him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2012
AjanleKoko:

A striker is only needed if we are prepared to sell Villa.
I am not sure he should be sold just yet. He is a great player, and the partnership with Pedro and Messi was very lethal last season. There is also talk about Van Persie and Drogba looking to join Barca. If I was to opt between both, Van Persie would be the obvious choice, seeing as Drog is 34. But I trust Wenger to place a premium on him.

We do not need to sell Villa just cos we are getting a new 9, nothing wrong with having 2 9s, villa is getting old and we have alot of tourney to compete for next season, so no harm in having 2 9s.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:51pm On May 02, 2012
honeric01:

We do not need to sell Villa just cos we are getting a new 9, nothing wrong with having 2 9s, villa is getting old and we have alot of tourney to compete for next season, so no harm in having 2 9s.

Remember we have Alexis, who we bought for a tidy sum. So you would spend more money on another striker? Llorente won't play on the wing, we might as well not buy him then. He's only useful as a central striker.

Personally, I don't think we need another striker. The big tall standing 9 is not a game plan we will go back to anytime soon, unless you want to send Messi back to the wing, just as in '09. And if you ask me, it is useless to keep a gangling striker on the bench, because you need to have options in attack. Look at Edin Dzeko in City. Also, remember we lost to Inter in '10, mostly because we played Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Maybe we should bring Bojan back, I'd prefer him over any fluke number 9. He would be a very good backup. Why should we buy a tall striker just because of headers? Our defenders can attack set pieces anyway. We even have tall guys coming through from La Masia.

What we really need, is a couple of defenders. We need a pacy fellow on the left wing, and a very solid central defender. Let's get Jordi Alba and Thiago Silva from Milan. And maybe bring Bojan back. Then we would have Messi, Bojan, Villa, Pedro, and Alexis, as strikers.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2012
Yes bro, we need a PERMANENT 9 for PLAN B, villa and alexi can always play from the wings, but Llorente can't, so when we are having issues with plan A, we can throw in Llorente for plan B.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:02pm On May 02, 2012
A big striker just scored against us now, for Malaga. Rondon. I'd buy him over Llorente.
Also Guilherme Siquera who scored that cheeky penalty against us, for Granada. I like them, they have flair.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coolguyz(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2012
and there goes another record broken by Messi. . . . .68goals (new european record for most goals in a single season - beats 67 goals by Muller) and still counting with about 3 matches to still feature in and the pichichi still looking like his for this season.

What other European record eludes this guy?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:18pm On May 02, 2012
Madrid are on a bright start to winning the league tonight. They are one up at San Mames. Goal by Higuain, a cracker.
In fact they just scored one more. Goal by Ozil.

Title officially concluded tonight. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:56pm On May 02, 2012
honeric01: Yes bro, we need a PERMANENT 9 for PLAN B, villa and alexi can always play from the wings, but Llorente can't, so when we are having issues with plan A, we can throw in Llorente for plan B.

After watching Llorente tonight, you still want to buy him?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:05pm On May 02, 2012
Nice end to the season. Messi for the pichichi..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 11:06pm On May 02, 2012
AjanleKoko: Madrid are on a bright start to winning the league tonight. They are one up at San Mames. Goal by Higuain, a cracker.
In fact they just scored one more. Goal by Ozil.

Title officially concluded tonight. wink

you were nursing hopes that barcelona would still win it?
the title was lost at camp nou. take it like a man - there's always
a next season. cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:07pm On May 02, 2012
AjanleKoko:

After watching Llorente tonight, you still want to buy him?

Didn't watch the match, well if not him, there are other tall 9 out there we can get.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 02, 2012
I agree with honeric in that we need a traditional, gangly striker to add a new dimension to our attacking play and give us more options. If a team like Chelsea can "park the bus" and block our traditional tiki-taka play, then maybe using the wings could be a viable plan B. I think Llorente will do just nicely.

A new central defender is also sorely needed. I have always admired Thiago Silva, I think he has shown consistency, and he's quite reliable. Add a back-up right-back, left-back and defensive midfielder, and we should have a more robust squad for next season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:26pm On May 02, 2012
HNosegbe: I agree with honeric in that we need a traditional, gangly striker to add a new dimension to our attacking play and give us more options. If a team like Chelsea can "park the bus" and block our traditional tiki-taka play, then maybe using the wings could be a viable plan B. I think Llorente will do just nicely.

A new central defender is also sorely needed. I have always admired Thiago Silva, I think he has shown consistency, and he's quite reliable. Add a back-up right-back, left-back and defensive midfielder, and we should have a more robust squad for next season.

Stop dreaming, Milan won't allow Silva go.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:37am On May 03, 2012
honeric01:

Stop dreaming, Milan won't allow Silva go.

Yeah, I personally doubt it, not when they are now seriously back in Europe challenging for titles.
Frank De Boer seems to be offering Jan Vertonghen, Ajax captain, to us. So we might have a Dutchman in central defence next season.

Though in my opinion, Ajax have an awful defence. I saw them in Europe this term, and they were horrible.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Yeah, I personally doubt it, not when they are now seriously back in Europe challenging for titles.
Frank De Boer seems to be offering Jan Vertonghen, Ajax captain, to us. So we might have a Dutchman in central defence next season.

Though in my opinion, Ajax have an awful defence. I saw them in Europe this term, and they were horrible.

Ajax with their basket defence? we no want lol, i wish we can get a tall black defender.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:49am On May 03, 2012
@Honeric, Anything is possible. After all Milan sold Kaka. I wouldn't give up if I were in Rosell's shoes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On May 03, 2012
^^

Not when they have issues with defence.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 1:33pm On May 03, 2012
champions jersey for sale
buy one get two free grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:53pm On May 03, 2012
^^
Very nice.
Wear it well. Who knows when next . . . grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 2:40pm On May 03, 2012
AjanleKoko: A big striker just scored against us now, for Malaga. Rondon. I'd buy him over Llorente.
Also Guilherme Siquera who scored that cheeky penalty against us, for Granada. I like them, they have flair.
chairman leave that matter o!
Llorente might have a bad day now and again (who doesn't?) but the lad is very good.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 2:41pm On May 03, 2012
honeric01: Yes bro, we need a PERMANENT 9 for PLAN B, villa and alexi can always play from the wings, but Llorente can't, so when we are having issues with plan A, we can throw in Llorente for plan B.
so he will just sit on the bench waiting for plan B time?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2012
^^
Yes, or when we decide to play villa from the wings, if not, he should respect his elders by sitting on the bench when told cool

Afterall, what does he have to show for all the starting he's been doing in his career? grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2012

THE SPECIAL ONE IN FOUR COUNTRIES

hate it or like it he is SPECIAL.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2012
honeric01: Llorente is needed big time.
We don't need Llorente or any other striker for that matter. We have no problems in attack. This season has been our best in terms of goalscoring. Our strike force is fantastic and it will be even better once Villa is back and Pedro is firing on all cylinders.

Any further tinkering is unnecessary.

Messi

Sanchez
Pedro
Villa
Cuenca
Tello
Afellay

And even Iniesta and Fabregas can play there if needed.

We have the best player in the world in Messi, who can score 50/60 goals a season and create a lot too.

We have players who can compliment Messi perfectly, working hard to make space for him and scoring when chances are presented - Pedro, Villa and to a lesser extent Sanchez.

And pace merchants who can take advantage of tired defenses late in matches and be competent starters as well - Cuenca, Tello.

If needed, Villa can be played through the middle (if Messi is unavailable), and so can Fabregas.

We might have a few worries, firepower up front isn't one of them.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2012
AjanleKoko: A big striker just scored against us now, for Malaga. Rondon. I'd buy him over Llorente.
Rondon is the worst striker in LL. Infact, that goal he scored against us last night is his first in 6 or 7 games. He has very poor technique; his first touch is the crappiest I've seen in a while and he is a poor finisher.

At some point in the season, he had to be dropped in favour of a 35-year old RvN - that says a lot.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:48am On May 04, 2012
^^
He scored the only goal for Malaga against us, in both fixtures. He can't be that bad.

In any case I agree with your earlier submission. Scoring goals is not our problem. Keeping things tight at the back, and defending set pieces/counter-attacks, those are our failings. And they are more of coaching adjustments. I hope Tito is looking at those. "we played true to our style" won't be tenable next season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (6195) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.