Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice (24208 Views)

Four Women Arraigned For Alleged Obstruction Of Justice & Attack On EFCC Staff / Video: Usifo Ataga Corpse! Dead Body Of Super TV CEO Emerges Online (Graphic) / Chidinma Ojukwu: How I Stabbed Michael Usifo Ataga To Death (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by adenigga(m): 5:45am On Aug 11, 2021

The State Criminal Investigative and Intelligence Department (SCIID) Panti yesterday brought criminal charges against Chidinma’s father, Mr. Onoh Ojukwu and four others.

They were arraigned before a Yaba Chief Magistrates court, for alleged obstruction of justice and failing to report a crime to the law enforcement agencies.

Ojukwu, 57, and Babalola Disu, 42, were charged with obstructing the police from performing their duties and failing to report a crime to the police.

The other three defendants, Jessica Egbochi, 28; Abayomi Olutayo, 23; and Ifeoluwa Olowu, 23, were accused of dishonestly receiving stolen items.

They pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Prosecution counsel, Cyril Ejiofor, alleged the defendants committed the offences on June 18 and 23, at Computer Village, Ikeja, and Alagomeji, Yaba.

He alleged that Ojukwu prevented the police from arresting his daughter, Chidinma.

The counsel said the second defendant, Disu, failed to report Ataga’s death to the police.

According to Ejiofor, the other three defendants dishonestly received a MacBook valued at N2.5 million and an IPhone 7 worth N150, 000 belonging to the deceased.

The court heard that the offences contravened Sections 97, 117, 328 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

Chief Magistrate Adedayo admitted each defendant to bail to the tune of N1 million with two sureties each in the like sum, which must make a deposit of N20, 000 into the coffers of the chief registrar.

She adjourned till September 6 for mention.
Source: https://guardian.ng/Usifo-Atagas-death-Court-remands-Chidinma-as-police-arraign-father-four-others

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by blackdot1: 5:54am On Aug 11, 2021
May we never born a bikin wey go disgrace his or herself includes families too

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by socialmediaman: 5:54am On Aug 11, 2021
What she did was despicable! Her parents did what the despot in Aso Rock is doing for the killer herdsmen!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Authoreety: 5:54am On Aug 11, 2021
Chidinma means God is good... This stupid girl has decided to drag this beautiful name in the mud

Let her be sentenced asap and stop making her a celebrity

Meanwhile her father was only propelled by fatherly instincts

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by fasho01(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2021
Stop beating around the bush with these charges and get concrete evidence to nail the main culprit who is now a celebrity inmate

5 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Jerewise332(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2021
So sad
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2021
For those of you wondering...obstructing the police in the course of their duties or helping to hide crimes from the police is a criminal offence

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by money121(m): 5:56am On Aug 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:56am On Aug 11, 2021
After initial gragra. May we never be popular for the wrong reasons

9 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by PedroEastman: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
I believe the Father did what every father would do, because he wouldn’t have believed that he’s little princess is a she devil �.

Just like me, if you tell my father I’m a hardcore smoker he will definitely fight you because I’m a good boy at home

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Lolabunny1: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
I can bet my left balls that they will continue to adjourn the case till she vanishes just like Evans saga. #Spits The future is transgendered sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by knowhowk: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
Let Justice Prevails

1 Like

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by eventainment(m): 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
I develop web apps and android/ios apps from a stockbroker to Courier to any apps delivery is within 1 week for small projects. And I write assignments and projects. 70. 59. 0. 11. 222
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by iamtardey: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
Y'all no dey sleep again...
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by JosephXavier: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2021
The man is not to blame

Him no know say na slay queen him born and with the innocent face wey the girl get, me self go prevent her from being arrested

But this justifies the saying that all that glitters ain't gold

4 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Okeyc230: 5:58am On Aug 11, 2021
A big lesson
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by OBTMOS(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2021
Eyia
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by DonBigE82: 5:58am On Aug 11, 2021
Dizammmnnn
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Greatzeus(m): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2021
Good,serves them right. I know as parents they will stand by their child no matter what,but the best they can do is to hire a good lawyer and let the court decide if she's guilty or innocent based on evidences presented by the prosecutor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by elmessiahs(m): 6:00am On Aug 11, 2021
Let justice prevail.
Elmessiahs
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by pitroski(m): 6:00am On Aug 11, 2021
Judge her once and for all

Nigeria will never change

If Messi can leave Barcelona wetin no fit happen again
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by rave402: 6:01am On Aug 11, 2021
Imagine
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by cenavo: 6:01am On Aug 11, 2021
This keeps getting serious
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Born2Breed(f): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2021
What's disturbing is the celebrity status they are granting this killer.

6 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by espn(m): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by nairavsdollars(f): 6:05am On Aug 11, 2021
Free the father

2 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Manny21: 6:07am On Aug 11, 2021
THE POLICE WILL FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO PROVE THE INTENTION (MENS REA) OF THE OFFENCE OF OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE PURPORTEDLY COMMITTED BY CHIDINMA'S FATHER. IT WAS CLEAR THAT THE MAN HAD NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT HIS DAUGHTER HAD COMMITTED AN OFFENCE SERIOUS ENOUGH TO BE ARRESTED LATE EVENING. OR DO THEY EXPECT THE MAN TO FOLD HIS HAND WHILE HIS ONLY DAUGHTER WAS BEING WHISKED AWAY BY 10PM IN THIS ERA OF INSECURITIES? THEY ARE WASTING THEIR TIME.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 11, 2021
Chai
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by kenzysmith: 6:13am On Aug 11, 2021
This country is a Bleep up country. My brother just makt money and leave this country . who do Africa this thing

1 Like

Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by chiedu7: 6:13am On Aug 11, 2021
How is this woman still free to be talking any how?

ANyways I hope married men go learn their lessons
Re: Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice by IVORY2009(m): 6:13am On Aug 11, 2021
Manny21:
THE POLICE WILL FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO PROVE THE INTENTION (MENS REA) OF THE OFFENCE OF OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE PURPORTEDLY COMMITTED BY CHIDINMA'S FATHER. IT WAS CLEAR THAT THE MAN HAD NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT HIS DAUGHTER HAD COMMITTED AN OFFENCE SERIOUS ENOUGH TO BE ARRESTED LATE EVENING. OR DO THEY EXPECT THE MAN TO FOLD HIS HAND WHILE HIS ONLY DAUGHTER WAS BEING WHISKED AWAY BY 10PM IN THIS ERA OF INSECURITIES? THEY ARE WASTING THEIR TIME.

What is the meaning of this? Common type is smaller case

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court sentences kidnap kingpin, Wadume to seven years Imprisonment / Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial / 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.