Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi (2511 Views)

2023 Presidency: Yemi Osinbajo And El-Rufai (Photo) / Osinbajo Vs Obi: Fayose Reacts To Outcome Of Vice-presidential Debate / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Monogamy: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
delawal:

so for ur mind the nigerian economy id healthy. which umiversity did u study Foolishness in?

I actually graduated before you from the same Uni
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by ThatFairGuy1: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
What is Peter Obi? Is that a name of a village in China
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by delawal: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
whoawa:
Being learned doesn't translate being a technocrat.

Comparing Osibanjo and Obi, I will go for Obi with some reasons:

1) Take it or leave it Anambra State is the most difficult State to Survive as a Governor in Nigeria due to high number of multi Billionaires of Godfathers and Obi came and concurred them all. Osibanjo doesn't have the ball to stand against any influential man talk more of a godfather.

2) As economist Obi is prudent in spending he understands the action and reaction of every kobo spent , while Osibanjo doesn't know the meaning of inflation, that's why a Man at his level will be sharing Billions of Naira to individual in the name of Tradermoni, in a country with the highest unemployed Youths, an amount that could build many industries and creates thousands of job opportunities.

3) Obi is not a power mugger, he doesn't care about being removed or fear of not coming back for 2nd term, he will axe you once you against the will of the people, while Osibanjo values being royal and occupying the colidors of power than stepping on toes of the oppressors.

ask them if osibanja o can oppose Tinubu on important issues. even sanwo cant do so. they are ,en without balls
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by whoawa(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
whoawa:
Being learned doesn't translate being a technocrat.

Comparing Osibanjo and Obi, I will go for Obi with some reasons:

1) Take it or leave it Anambra State is the most difficult State to Survive as a Governor in Nigeria due to high number of multi Billionaires of Godfathers and Obi came and concurred them all. Osibanjo doesn't have the ball to stand against any influential man talk more of a godfather.

2) As economist Obi is prudent in spending he understands the action and reaction of every kobo spent , while Osibanjo doesn't know the meaning of inflation, that's why a Man at his level will be sharing Billions of Naira to individual in the name of Tradermoni, in a country with the highest unemployed Youths, an amount that could build many industries and creates thousands of job opportunities.

3) Obi is not a power mugger, he doesn't care about being removed or fear of not coming back for 2nd term, he will axe you once you against the will of the people, while Osibanjo values being royal and occupying the colidors of power than stepping on toes of the oppressors.

Giving Osibanjo power is like approving continuity of Buhari regime (but God forbid) bcoz he believes in principles and ideals of what is happening now. Use Obama and Biden as a case Study.
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Moferere: 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Monogamy:

Whats the rate of unemployment in other country? Or is it only Nigeria that is affected with covid-19?
You are only wise by half.
Do a comparative analysis. Tell me the unemployment rate in other subsaharan Africa nations in 2015 and 2020 respectively.
Make sure your source is genuine
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by NoFucksToGive: 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
Monogamy:

Whats the rate of unemployment in other country? Or is it only Nigeria that is affected with covid-19?

This is my issue with you. You hadly ever talk like someone educated or exposed. What does this question have to do with Nigeria getting it right? You think the Ghanaian president tells himself "oh by, why should I bother fixing my economy after all how bad is it in Nigeria ?"

At times when you exhibit these extremely worrisome traits I am forced to resist the urge to stereotype you based on your tribe or educational level.

Please next time before you talk, think. Take a second to think , remind yourself this website isn't a motorpark garage, remind yourself there are intelligent people who are university graduates here and we have the right to want to read intelligent comments not just motor park level reasoning
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by referendum01(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
Zetra7:
In a sane clime, the southern political arena will be dominated by men and women of Valor fully capable of transforming any nation. Personally , the zone has 6 names who should be in the fore front of southern representation, this include

SW - YEMI OSINBAJO AND DR ADESINA AKINWUMI

SE - PETER OBI AND PROF SOLUDO

SS- DR OKONJO IWEALA AND PROF PAT UTOMI

But to avoid wide speculations, 2 names stands out, The current VP YEMI OSINBAJO and the former governor of Anambra state Mr Peter Obi.

We all know their backgrounds and accomplishments so with support and objective criticism, which of these two fine gentlemen would make more impact in rebuilding the nation..

Political jobbers stay off, I want excellent analysis devoid of bias or tribal insinuations..

Away from sentiment, Osinbanjo have not been tested in terms of leadership. The position he presently occupies VP especially under Buhari has not in any way projected his leadership qualities. He has been docile, intimidated and cowed. Now tell me what development has he attracted even in his state to warrant a compararism with Peter Obi who was a governor with starling performance in Anambra state.

Las las, tribalism will enter this tread aside that Osinbanjo haven't done anything to merit presidency.

Peter Obi brought development to Anambra state too numerous to mention. He managed the economy of Anambra too well. Whatever Onitsha is today was Obi.

Finally,I doubt wr should compare a VP to a governor. Their positions are distinct and allows for clear differences in terms of performance. VP position doesn't have any performance to context with a governor. I would rather prefer a governor to another governor.
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Monogamy: 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
Moferere:

You are only wise by half.
Do a comparative analysis. Tell me the unemployment rate in other subsaharan Africa nations in 2015 and 2020 respectively.
Make sure your source is genuine

Most countries in the world are affected due to impact of Covid-19, I doubt if there are countries which the unemployment rate reduced in the last 3 years.

You people should stop arguing blindly and be logical
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Genius100: 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
Peter Obi only bamboozles the uninformed. Yesterday, he was lambasting FG's investments in infrastructure suggesting investing in education is the key to reducing the ongoing poverty. Everyone knows investment in education is a very long term venture; it must be done but it will do nothing for the current vast poverty in the land. Infrastructure investments however not only provides immediate jobs, but significantly increases productivity. Obi cannot clean Soludo's boots. Soludo is really the only viable candidate from the SE, although he may be Anambra's governor in 2023.
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by delawal: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Genius100:
Peter Obi only bamboozles the uninformed. Yesterday, he was lambasting FG's investments in infrastructure suggesting investing in education is the key to reducing the ongoing poverty. Everyone knows investment in education is a very long term venture; it must be done but it will do nothing for the current vast poverty in the land. Infrastructure investments however not only provides immediate jobs, but significantly increases productivity. Obi cannot clean Soludo's boots. Soludo is really the only viable candidate from the SE, although he may be Anambra's governor in 2023.

its obvious dt u re not only a blind man but also deaf and dumb. look at what u are writing
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by TheRareGem1(f): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
[/i]Osinbajo any day any time. His acting days is enough, his track records are there as attorney general of Lagos and vice-president. Even when people blame him for his boss style of leadership, you still have to give the credit of lil positive things happening in this country. He signed almost all the executive order this admin has signed, reason why project like Bonny boddo bridge and road is ongoing, also Kaba obajana road, and appapa Oworonshoki toll gate were executed etc. Not forgetting about the peace tour he did in the Niger Delta which birthed a new vision for the region (Maritime academy, additional modular refineries, Ogoni clean up, normalcy in the region, continuation of scholarship programme for the people etc)[i]

[/b]If Peter Obi want to contest, he will have to tell us what he did for eight years as governor, i heard people that travelled to Cubana's mother burial complained of bad roads they encountered.[b]
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Joylove2324(f): 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
Osinbajo is far better than Obi in all aspect
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Joyce95: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
What is Peter Obi know of doing self grin
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by TheRareGem1(f): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
What is Peter Obi? Is that a name of a village in China

The man is now using Bangladesh, Pakistan and one yeye country to compare Nigeria. He can't just help his lies

1 Like

Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Deputy1111(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
shocked
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by OgundeleTeju: 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
Osinbajo is far more better
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by okefranci: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Head is far to neck and it's incomparable..... Osinbajo is 100% better than Peter
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Moferere: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
Monogamy:

Most countries in the world are affected due to impact of Covid-19, I doubt if there are countries which the unemployment rate reduced in the last 3 years.

You people should stop arguing blindly and be logical
Seriously, you are not smart. But thanks for your time
Re: The Presidency- Yemi Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi by Zeemam: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
Why would you even compare Osinbajo to that dull skull.......Hmmmmm? Iku yato si orun mehn!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Venza Spotted Being Used To Hawk Medicine In Abuja: Video / Supreme Court Declines To Supply CJN’s Itinerary For 2 Days - People’s Gazette / Tinubu Supporters Are Tribalistic- Seun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.