Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM (36047 Views)

N10 Per Litre Sugar Tax: Nigerians To Pay More For Beverages / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M / Senate Proposes Law To Tax Nigerians For Using Data And DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Goldenurch(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
377:

My brother is not any voters fault. We where deceived with fake and bogous campaing promises thinking we got the right person not knowing we are in for long thing. All i no is one day e go end less than two years from now.

Na story you dey talk..next time you think well before believing stupid promises..
Every disaster brought by this government is on your head, including all the lives lost.
If you want God's forgiveness, come out and protest against Buhari, with the same energy you used in voting for him, if not you'll won't escape for bringing him into power
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by faithfull18(f): 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Topleague:
you dont want to pay tax on anything and you want to develop, you cant eat your cake and have it. It is time Nigeria know that they have to pay realistic price for most essential amenities, go to any developed country they live by tax. What you need is to hold your leader accountable
Nigerians already provide everything for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by babatee90(m): 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
Topleague:
you dont want to pay tax on anything and you want to develop, you cant eat your cake and have it. It is time Nigeria know that they have to pay realistic price for most essential amenities, go to any developed country they live by tax. What you need is to hold your leader accountable
most of us are in developed countries, you are right we pay tax but they inturn provide basic and social amenities to their citizens…Nigerians pay electricity bills but live in Darkness…they are being taxed on their monthly salaries but yet die from road accidents due to bad roads…so what essential amenities are you talking about?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Reference(m): 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
grin... Tax and spend government.
Indeed elections have dire consequences....
My fellow Nigerians.... please enjoy your decisions...
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by OBIPLUS(m): 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
All these necessitated the glamor for a Sovereign State of Biafria, imagine suffering in the mist of plenty. BIAFRA is the last hope of common man.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by blaise26abj(m): 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
iLegendd:

We want to pay tax, but there is no transparency in how the money is being spent.

If you can't trust your leaders with all the free trillions from oil, how can you trust them with money from tax? A country without a functional law shouldn't ask for tax.

If you squander the school fees your dad gave you on women, there is a high chance you'll spend the ones your mom added as extra you on drinks.

Someone once said that when Nigeria truly starts paying taxes , that is when all hell will be let loose in Nigeria . Most people survive without paying taxes directly hence the general notion that it is oil money (not my money) they are stealing . However when you remove money directly from Nigerians , then accountability will be demanded in full force .

Imagine labourer collects 2500 per day and he has to pay 300 naira out of it to government and he hears that someone stole it , then the person should be ready to meet his maker . Multiply that 1 person by 60 percent of Nigerians living below poverty line .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by mudiana(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
I bought 6k on Sunday and I was shouting. God wat kind of government is this for goodness sake.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Bright2(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
malel1:
Sai baba sai baba , were are u people (fools) .
GEJ will eat otueke watery beans in kuje prison , were are u people now?

Buhari never start
We are here oo, in the next level. Anyway when going to buy cooking gas pls go with your broom, you will be exempted from that vat.
Sai Baba to the moon!
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by jubrilELsudan: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
TO USE FIREWOOD COOK DON DEY HUNGRY ME SINCE

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Phred1717: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
This government keeps making money for "I don't know who"... Inflicting pains, suffering, anquish n sorrow. May the curse of shame be upon them all
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
blaise26abj:

Whatever they hoped to gain by removing the vat will be lost and government will lose more . People will revert back to kerosene and firewood . Anything to reduce cost .
If the government is serious , they should give new investors in local gas some tax breaks or equipment importation duty waivers . Let the local production reach a reasonable point of sustaining a part of our LPG demand then the country can return the taxes .

Not charging local producers vat, is a tax break! Besides, wood and kerosene is not exactly as cheap as you think, nor as convenient, especially if you do not live in a forest.

You've been given a reasonable amount of time for local production to reach a reasonable point. That time is now up. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by OBIPLUS(m): 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2021
All these necessitated the clamor for a Sovereign State of Biafria, imagine suffering in the mist of plenty. No clear policy to help the citizenry. BIAFRA remains the last hope of common man.
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2021
budaatum:

With Nigeria having immense amounts of gas of its own, this is a very good development, and I hope a new vat rate of 50% is what is imposed, because local production of gas is not only much cheaper, it would provide local employment too.

And you think that local production of gas to meet daily domestic demands happens overnight abj
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by blackpanda: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
malel1:

Buhari never start

Read before commenting rubbish
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Mitsurugi(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
Topleague:

Have you held your own ward councillor accountable? angry

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
budaatum:

Tax will even make us more want to hold our leaders accountable as we will have to be when they misspend the money they get from taxing the sweat off our brow.

With the way, they want to gag us. Ban twitter, gag freedom of speech, threaten you when you plan a protest and kill you if you insist, loot with reckless abandon, lie with no honour and smite you at any given opportunity. Load up loans upon us. My dear, has any past leader or government office holder been jailed for 9 months on the basis of corruption in this country before.
How would u hold them accountable when the laws of the country don't hold them accountable as along as they are in the ruling party.

We are still day dreaming and waking up is far from us.
The evidences are glaring.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE.

Most Nigerians have lost faith in the government and see life as suffering and smiling, especially the elderly ones.

People just go out there to struggle for themselves and never depend on the government. Nobody cares about the government.

That's why the guys are proudly taking to internet fraud and the ladies are massively going into packaged prostitution.

No one is asking you to have faith in a government, and you'd in fact be rather naive if you do have faith in a government!

Fact is, your lack of faith in a government would make you scrutinise more harshly how they spend your tax money. If they pay themselves large wages and astronomical pensions, you'd pay more attention at election time, I can very well assure you.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

And you think that local production of gas to meet daily domestic demands happens overnight abj

And you failed to notice how many overnights you been given already, abi?

The regime had in 2019 gazetted the removal of VAT on LPG, also known as cooking gas, as a product to increase its domestic utilisation.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
nedugroup:

With the way, they want to gag us. Ban twitter, gag freedom of speech, threaten you when you plan a protest and kill you if you insist, loot with reckless abandon, lie with no honour and smite you at any given opportunity. Load up loans upon us. My dear, has any past leader or government office holder been jailed for 9 months on the basis of corruption in this country before.
How would u hold them accountable when the laws of the country don't hold them accountable as along as they are in the ruling party.

We are still day dreaming and waking up is far from us.
The evidences are glaring.

Yes. It might have been before you were born, but Buhari jailed corrupt politicians for 200 years!

And you hold them accountable, first, by electing leaders who would impose accountable laws - since such laws don't just unaccountably turn up from planet Mars - and then you responsibly impose those laws by electing leaders that obey the law.

That is the amazing power that democracy gives you. It makes you responsible for your leaders and your laws instead of expecting either to arrive from Mars.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by ibietela2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
Where's the dead vulture griller? Does he use fire wood
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
proclinician:

Are you of the opinion that Nigerians don't pay tax abi wetin? What sort of persons with no touch of reality una be self? Just existing as zombies? Wetin de happen

The majority of Nigerians do not pay tax, and whatever tax we do pay is not what we spend.

When our oil dries up and government starts getting its budget fron your pocket as is done in some countries, you'd understand then what paying tax means.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
1.When taxes are raised, Nigerians cry.

2.But even if we did not vote the changemaster....the fact remains that since 2014, if not earlier, oil prices have not been at a level that can sustain even one region, talkless one state.

So, either we raise taxes....or we take even more loans from China...
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Temptee101(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
budaatum:

With Nigeria having immense amounts of gas of its own, this is a very good development, and I hope a new vat rate of 50% is what is imposed, because local production of gas is not only much cheaper, it would provide local employment too.

You are very ......

Let me control my anger.

Ok, it's fine. We are all in it together.
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by ibietela2(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
Masterclass32:
Let's restructure this country into regions and let each region choose their leaders.

It is unfair that the SE that saw buhari's cluelessness and rejected him at the polls are suffering for his incompetence with those that chose to be blind or voted him out of tribal sentiments.

South south as well
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
Topleague:

The problem is that Nigerians have a flawed way of seeing how the economy works.

The idea is that we sell whatever raw material we have, and share the money.

But the problem with that model is 1) it stopped working in the 1970's 2) even if we split the country, not one region would be able to keep that model 3)the prices of whatever we sell are not controlled by us.

Nigeria taxes about 30% of the taxable population, with a tax to gdp ratio lower than that of Niger republic.

But telling people to face that reality gets you labelled a Buhari supporter. When we faced the same problem long before Buhari came.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by Temptee101(m): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
Topleague:

Where are we developing to?

Despite all the tax being paid by the masses to the govt, what do they have to show?

No road, no hospital, no job, no food, no security, no nothing.

The tax the poor masses pay end up being looted.

This country is just a curse.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by proclinician: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2021
budaatum:

The majority of Nigerians do not pay tax, and whatever tax we do pay is not what we spend.

When our oil dries up and government starts getting its budget fron your pocket as is done in some countries, you'd understand then what paying tax means.

Do I need to start explaining what value added tax mean? The worst thing that can happen to a person is to be paying for something and have no idea you're paying for that.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by NASTYNASOSO: 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
malel1:

Buhari never start

HMMMMMM

YOU JUST FELT LIKE LET ME SHOW THEM MY LAZY YOUTH MENTALITY.

WHY WOULD NIGERIA BE IMPORTING
GAS

DID YOU ATTEND ANY SCHOOL ABI NA READ AND WRITE YOU SABI.

NIGERIA IS NOT AN OIL NATION BUT A GAS NATION

ODEISM PERSONIFIED
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
proclinician:

Do I need to start explaining what value added tax mean? The worst thing that can happen to a person is to be paying for something and have no idea you're paying for that.

Is value added tax the only tax payable? Do some countries not pay 20% vat after their income has been subjected to up to 40% tax?

Yes, I think you better explain tax, in general, to me. Explaining might help you understand better.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by tonysunkan: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
God will deliver us from hardship
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by budaatum: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
Temptee101:

You are very ......

Let me control my anger.

Ok, it's fine. We are all in it together.

I love your control. I know the truth hurts.
Re: Cooking Gas Tax: Nigerians To Pay N10,000 - NALPGAM by QueenVaji: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
Topleague:

ur very very stupid..we Nigerians have always been paying the more taxes than anywhere in the world with nothing to show for it...pls shut ur mouth u sound like an illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DSS Flies Actor Chiwetalu Agu To Abuja, Bars Family Visitation / 77 Newly Elected APC National Officials (Full List) / Check Out The Largest West African Ethnic Groups In The USA According To Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.