Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past (24495 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
Having said that, show me any of the following names (prior to the year 1900) in Benin history:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

If you fail to show me one of these names, then I will be forced to conclude (like your dumbass) that these names are no more than fairy tales which have absolutely nothing to do with Benin kingdom.

But if you show me one fo these names, then I will be willing to give you the reference to the words Ife and Oranmiyan in connection with the history of the ‘Edo’ kingdom of Benin prior to the year 1897.

Read the preceding comment.

Also read your own Bini dictionary as shown in the 1st attachment below.

Also read the summary of the conclusions reached by the world’s historical scholarship as attached in the 2nd attachment below.

None of these sources show the name “TAO”. It must be really hard for you not to be paranoid that the whole world is out against you. See a psychiatrist.

Yes, I have it ready since God knows when, but you will have it child when you show me the following names (prior to 1900) in Benin history:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

If you fail to show me one of these names, then I will be forced to conclude (like your dumbass) that these names are no more than fairy tales which have absolutely nothing to do with Benin kingdom.

I don’t really care so much what one ethnic group thinks about another ethnic group.

Instead, I consider what an ethnic group says about itself. And all the early evidence from Benin kingdom (be it archaeological, written, or oral) all point to Ife as the source of its monarchies and its ‘bronze’ casting tradition.

Peace!

Egharevba who compiled Benin early indigenous history did so under Yoruba supervision and his own Yoruba ancestry also played a significant part in what he wrote. I have already told you Oba Eweka 2 precarious position after his father Oba Ovonramwen was banished to Calabar. Benin history written between 1897 to 1960 were mostly hogwash because Benin was under British occupation.

Any serious minded person who is interested in untainted history of Benin have to study Benin history before 1897 and after 1960. Between 1897 and 1960 Benin couldn't have written freely, what they wrote was with the approval of their colonial master the British and their Yoruba local agents.

Before 1897, Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan were not mentioned in Benin history. These names entered Benin history in colonial times of 1897 to 1960. After the British left in 1960, the narrative changed.

It is disingenuous to dwell and capitalise on what the Benins wrote under duress to gain political support in their most difficult period of 66 years, 1897 to 1963. Benin written historical records is about 600 years, 66 difficult years is just a fraction of Benin history.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2021
samuk:
Egharevba who compiled Benin early indigenous history did so under Yoruba supervision and his own Yoruba ancestry also played a significant part in what he wrote. I have already told you Oba Eweka 2 precarious position after his father Oba Ovonramwen was banished to Calabar. Benin history written between 1897 to 1960 were mostly hogwash because Benin was under British occupation.
Crap from the obese midget, aka samuk.

The Omonoba Akenzua wasn’t an illiterate. He could read and as such would find out whether or not what Chief Egharevba (the Obakhavbaye of Benin kingdom, born of an pure Benin father) published was what he collected from his court.

You tried, but try another pleading. cheesy

Any serious minded person who is interested in untainted history of Benin have to study Benin history before 1897 and after 1960. Between 1897 and 1960 Benin couldn't have written freely, what they wrote was with the approval of their colonial master the British a d their Yoruba local agents
Any serious person who is interested in knowing who actually was a Benin king would have to check the contemporary writings before 1897. /s

After 1896, the kings name and list written is no more than the names of fairytales & fictional character who have absolutely nothing to do with Benin kingdom. /s

Samuk, show me any of the following names in Benin history prior to 1897:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

None actually exist.

Aren’t these mere fairytales and fictional super heroes (made up after 1897) and actually having nothing whatsoever to do with Benin kingdoms?

Buhaha cheesy

Before 1897, Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan were not mentioned in Benin history. These names entered Benin history in colonial times of 1897 to 1960. After the British left in 1960, the narrative changed.

It is disingenuous to dwell and capitalise on what the Benins wrote under dures to gain political support in their most difficult period of 66 years, 1897 to 1963. Benin written historical records is about 600 years, 66 difficult years is just a fraction of Benin history.
Again samuk, show me any of the following names in Benin history prior to 1897:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

As per the pre-1800 connection between father-Ife & son-Benin, that has been resoundingly demonstrated at the links below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6697675/power-oba-benin-wield-past/1#105159559

Peace! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
Crap from the obese midget, aka samuk.

The Omonoba Akenzua wasn’t an illiterate. He could read and as such would find out whether or not what Chief Egharevba (the Obakhavbaye of Benin kingdom, born of an pure Benin father) published was what he collected from his court.

You tried, but try another pleading. cheesy

Any serious person who is interested in knowing who actually was a Benin king would have to check the contemporary writings before 1897. /s

After 1897, the kings name and list written is no more than the names of fairytales & fictional character who have absolutely nothing to do with Benin kingdom. /s

Samuk, show me any of the following names in Benin history prior to the 1900s:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

None actually exist.

Aren’t these mere fairytales and fictional super heroes (made up after 1900s) and actually having nothing whatsoever to do with Benin kingdoms?

Buhaha cheesy

Again samuk, show me any of the following names in Benin history prior to the 1900s:

Eweka I
Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

As per the pre-1800 connection between father-Ife & son-Benin, that has been resoundingly demonstrated at the links below:

Peace! cheesy

Oba Akenzua like his father before him was under occupation and duress. It only took 3 years, 1963 after the British left for Benin to break away from the western region. The Benin/Ife relationship developed K-leg after that. Benin was no longer in agreement with the 1897-1960 Benin/Ife relationship narrative.

If you are still arguing that Benin had any relationship with Ife pre 1800 please show the readers were Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan were mentioned in Benin history pre 1800.

There is no need for all the name calling, no need to become emotional, I know all these arguments are overwhelming for you. You should have realised that you have entered one chance the moment you dedicated your life to the fallacy and fairytale called Benin/Ife relationship.

I am enjoying myself pointing out all the lies, illogicality and holes in your narratives.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
No I’m not from Benin kingdom. cheesy
Get a life
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
samuk:
[s]Oba Akenzua like his father before him was under occupation and duress. It only took 3 years, 1963 after the British left for Benin to break away from the western region. The Benin/Ife relationship developed K-leg after that. Benin was no longer in agreement with the 1897-1960 narrative.[/s]
“Under bRiTiSh ocCuPaTiOn,” hence he lost his reading ability. Buhaha. grin

Try harder, I am not from Benin kingdom. cheesy

Moreover, Egharevba was publishing continuously up until the early 1970s.

How come Omonoba Akenzua did not “call him to order” at the time since the British who was stopping them from saying their true history have now gone.

Oh, I know why tHe bRiTiSH wOuLd cOme BaCk aNd cOLoNizE NigErIa iF AkEnZuA dOeS tHaT. LMAO!

I know with time you will see reasons to stop being a public disgrace to yourself, family and friends. grin

If you are still arguing that Benin had any relationship with Ife pre 1800 please show the readers were Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan were mentioned in Benin history pre 1800.
If a pre-1800 connection between daddy-IFE and son-Benin is what you really want to see, then read the link below:

In addition to the pre-1800 connection proven at the link, if what you’re curious to see is the spellings I-F-E; O-O-N-I; O-R-A-N-Y-A-N; et al. then I will do so as soon as you also meet a similar condition.

And the condition (which should be a piece of cake) is as follows:

Show me the following names (of supposed rulers of Benin) in Benin history prior to — say — 1897:

Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

This should be a piece of cake samuk. These are obas (supposedly) who are said to have ruled Benin from around the 1200s to around the 1840s.

How come their names can’t be found in all the works written within that same period?

Doesn’t this prove that these are mere fairytales that were made up in the 1900s?

Does this not prove that these supposed individuals have absolutely nothing to do with Benin kingdom? cheesy

NB: I am simply serving you back your own jaundiced reasoning process.

There is no need for all the name calling, no need to become emotional, I know all these arguments are overwhelming for you. You should have realised that you have entered one chance the moment you dedicated your life to the fallacy and fairytale called Benin/Ife relationship.

I am enjoying myself pointing out all the lies, illogicality and holes in your narratives.
The classical pre-1800 connection between daddy-Ife and son-Benin is a historical reality by all standards of historical evidence. This is not me talking. This is the world’s historical scholarship talking. Oh my bad, the whole world is out against samuk to catch him. cheesy

Is there any reason why I can see through the false hope and encouragement your forcing on yourself.

Samuk right now — at the screenshot below:

Peace. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:

“Under bRiTiSh ocCuPaTiOn,” hence he lost his reading ability. Buhaha. grin

Try harder, I am not from Benin kingdom. cheesy

Moreover, Egharevba was publishing continuously up until the early 1970s.

How come Omonoba Akenzua did not “call him to order” at the time since the British who was stopping them from saying their true history have now gone.

Oh, I know why tHe bRiTiSH wOuLd cOme BaCk aNd cOLoNizE NigErIa iF AkEnZuA dOeS tHaT. LMAO!

I know with time you will see reasons to stop being a public disgrace to yourself, family and friends. grin

Egharevba made revisions to his early written works.

The readers can see for themselves from the list of names of Benin Obas which you provided yourself that there is no Yoruba name there. These are deeply traditional Benin names. I ask again, how can the Oba of Benin be Yoruba with Yoruba being the official language of the Palace and none of the Oba had Yoruba names.

We were told Oranmiyan run away from Benin because the people were too quarrelsome. He left behind a pregnancy that became Oba Eweka 1. We were told Oranmiyan sent infant Eweka magical pebbles because Eweka had speech difficulties as a toddler. My question is what happened to the usual Yoruba naming ceremony that accompanies the birth of a child, mind you baby Eweka wasn't just another child, he was supposed to be a prince of the almighty Oranmiyan, why didn't Oranmiyan sent him a Yoruba name?

We were told that when Oranmiyan got to Oyo, he established the kingdom and had the Alaafin of Oyo, so the Alaafin of Oyo and oba of Benin are supposed to be siblings, all the Alaafin of Oyo had Yoruba names but all Obas of Benin have Benin and deep Edo sounding names.

The singular identifier of a Yoruba person anywhere in the world is their name and it is more so for a prince, princess and oba, how come this singular identifier is missing in the case of Benin, how can the Oba of Benin be Yoruba and him and his princes and princesses don't have Yoruba names.

Oya, TAO11 please explain.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
samuk:
[s]Egharevba made revisions to his early written works.

The readers can see for themselves from the list of names of Benin Obas which you provided yourself that there is no Yoruba name there. These are deeply traditional Benin names. I ask again, how can the Oba of Benin be Yoruba with Yoruba being the official language of the Palace and none of the Oba had Yoruba names.

We were told Oranmiyan run away from Benin because the people were too quarrelsome. He left behind a pregnancy that became Oba Eweka 1. We were told Oranmiyan sent infant Eweka magical pebbles because Eweka had speech difficulties as a toddler. My question is what happened to the usual Yoruba naming ceremony that accompanies the birth of a child, mind you baby Eweka wasn't just another child, he was supposed to be a prince of the almighty Oranmiyan, why didn't Oranmiyan sent him a Yoruba name?

We were told that when Oranmiyan got to Oyo, he established the kingdom and had the Alaafin of Oyo, so the Alaafin of Oyo and oba of Benin are supposed to be siblings, all the Alaafin of Oyo had Yoruba names but all Obas of Benin have Benin and deep Edo sounding names.

The singular identifier of a Yoruba person anywhere in the world is their name and it is more so for a prince, princess and oba, how come this singular identifier is missing in the case of Benin, how can the Oba of Benin be Yoruba and him and his princes and princesses don't have Yoruba names.[/s]
(1) Where did Egharevba later claim that there was no relationship between father-Ife and son-Benin? Bloody liar? cheesy You want to escape from your slave-masters. You lie. grin

I ask you again, how come Omonoba Akenzua did not “call Egharevba to order” so that he disconnect Ife and Benin and supposedly restore Benins history since the British who supposedly didn’t allow that had now gone? LMAO! cheesy

(2) That the names are ‘Benin names’ proves my point. That they were made up post 1896. /s

No name at all existed for any Benin king (whether a Yoruba name or a Bini name) throughout the period of Benin writings pre-1897.

And by the way, these Ife-princes who rule as king in Benin kingdom had pure Bini mother’s.

These Ife princes were mounded for centuries inside a Bini culture. Their ways and customs are abound to be heavily influenced by the dominant culture.

Even at that, many of the names are intelligible in the Yoruba language.

Why did many of the Bini patrilineal princes who rule Itsekiri take on Portuguese, Itsekiri, Yoruba names?

(3) We were NOT told that he RaN because the Binis were too quarrelsome. Instead, we were told that he left angrily (Ubinu) due to the disgusting ways of the backward natives.

(4) Regarding Eweka’s name, his name known from the Benin traditions is Eweka. And it is said to have evolved from the Yoruba phrase “Owomika”. Says who? Says Benin traditions.

(5) For the reason cited earlier, the Alaafin of Oyo is a Yoruba monarch deep rooted at home —Yorubaland.

The Benin monarch on the other hand is a Yoruba monarch deep rooted in a foreign land— Edoland.

There is bound to be influence on the dominant mother culture on ground. Just as it happened in Itsekiri land.

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
(1) Where did he say there was no relationship between father-Ife and son-Benin? Bloody liar? cheesy You want to escape from your slave-master. You lie. grin

I ask you again, how come Omonoba Akenzua did not “call Egharevba to order” so that he disconnect Ife and Benin and supposedly restore Benins history since the British who supposedly didn’t allow that had now gone? LMAO! cheesy

(2) That the names are ‘Benin names’ proves my point. That they were made up post 1897. /s

No name at all existed for any Benin king (whether a Yoruba name or a Bini name) throughout the period of Benin writings pre-1897.

And by the way, these Ife-princes who rule as king in Benin kingdom had pure Bini mother’s.

These Ife princes were mounded for centuries inside a Bini culture. Their ways and customs are abound to be heavily influenced by the dominant culture.

Why did many of the Bini patrilineal princes who rule in Itsekir take on Portuguese, Itsekiri, Yoruba names?

Are you aware Egharevba lost his sights and couldn't complete his last works. Anyway any lapse in Benin/Ife relationship as narrated by Egharevba was corrected by not less a person than Oba Erediawa himself. Oba Erediawa was already an educated adult when Egharevba wrote what he wrote.

Oba Erediawa who wasn't under British occupation and duress like his grandfather and father made corrections to the Benin/Ife relationship himself. Oba Erediawa is the product of the source, Egharevba claimed to have collected his stories from. Egharevba didn't write all he was told because of the aforementioned reasons. Erediawa ensured that corrections were made and the correct position of the Palace on Benin/Ife relationship was made known to the world. This position is further reinforced by oba Ewuare 2.

On the issue of Oba of Benin not having Yoruba names, you seriously expect the readers to believe that Oranmiyan remember to send magic pebbles to baby Eweka but forget to send a name.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2021
samuk:
Are you aware Egharevba lost his sights and couldn't complete his last works. Anyway any lapse in Benin/Ife relationship as narrated by Egharevba was corrected by not less a person than Oba Erediawa himself. Oba Erediawa was already an educated adult when Egharevba wrote what he wrote.
Egharevba wrote up to the early 1970s. Which eyes do he use to write those? LMAO!

Why didn’t the literate Omonoba Akenzua call him to order on the supposed false history connecting dad-Ife and son-Benin??

Erediauwa-the-fraud, you mean? Erediauwa the non-historian you mean? Erediauwa who didn’t name one single informant you mean? Erediauwa who didn’t cite a single source you mean? Erediauwa who is soaked in low-self eaten you mean? You must drink on Ewuare’s per. grin Furthermore see the following:

Oba Erediawa who wasn't under British occupation and duress like his grandfather and father made corrections to the Benin/Ife relationship himself. Oba Erediawa is the product of the source, Egharevba claimed to have collected his stories from. Egharevba didn't write all he was told because of the aforementioned reasons. Erediawa ensured that corrections were made and the correct position of the Palace on Benin/Ife relationship was made known to the world. This position is further reinforced by oba Ewuare 2.

Erediauwa said there is a connection between Ife and Benin. LMAO! cheesy He just didn’t like that Ife is the father. He has been debunked by the world’s historical scholarship based on Benin accounts, material artifacts, early writings, amongst others.

Do you agree with debunked Erediauwa? Do you agree with historical scholarship throughout the world?

See one example from a Bini son published in the 21st century.

On the issue of Oba of Benin not having Yoruba names, you seriously expect the readers to believe that Oranmiyan remember to send magic pebbles to baby Eweka but forget to send a name.
Oh wait! You mean that your “friends” from your schizophrenic world informed you that Eweka didn’t have a name prior to the name “Eweka” which he “gave himself”??

See a psychiatrist ASAP. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
Think4Myself:
Get a life
You are in dire need of your own advice. Take your advice today. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
Egharevba wrote up to the early 1970s. Which eyes do he use to write those? LMAO!

Why didn’t the literate Omonoba Akenzua call him to order on the supposed false history connecting dad-Ife and son-Benin??

Erediauwa-the-fraud, you mean? Erediauwa the non-historian you mean? Erediauwa who didn’t name one single informant you mean? Erediauwa who didn’t cite a single source you mean? Erediauwa who is soaked in low-self eaten you mean? You must drink on Ewuare’s per. grin Furthermore see the following:

Erediauwa said there is a connection between Ife and Benin. LMAO! cheesy He just didn’t like that Ife is the father. He has been debunked by the world’s historical scholarship based on Benin accounts, material artifacts, early writings, amongst others.

Do you agree with debunked Erediauwa? Do you agree with historical scholarship throughout the world?

See one example from a Bini son published in the 21st century.

Oh wait! You mean that your “friends” from your schizophrenic world informed you that Eweka didn’t have a name prior to the name “Eweka” which he “gave himself”??

See a psychiatrist ASAP. cheesy

So Eweka evolved from owomica or Monica, which of these did daddy Oranmiyan sent down as the name of his baby prince. The Igbo Iweka is beginning to sound more plausible.

You said Erediawa was debunked based on early Benin accounts written in the years of the locust, years of occupation and intimidation, 1897 to 1963.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
samuk:
So Eweka evolved from owomica or Monica,
Eweka evolved from Owomika. Says me? No. Says Benin traditions.

which of these did daddy Oranmiyan sent down as the name of his baby prince.
None of Eweka or Ownomika.

Eweka is clearly a name which had given himself as a young boy, NOT as a toddler obviously.

Are you suggesting that Eweka had no given name as a toddler prior to the one he gave himself as a young boy? cheesy Be direct.

Many people do not know their great-grand father’s first name is NOT equivalent to the notion that their great grand father did not have a given name.

Catch that? grin

The Igbo Iweka is beginning to sound more plausible
Lol. You need this support from the Igbos so badly, don’t you?

I got the Igbos support only because I spill nothing but facts. They are now more than convinced that your oba is a Yoruba man.

See one of their testimonies attached below,

Having said that, the Igbo name Iweka could have been derived from Eweka.

Why does you brain see only one direction. Is your brain one dimensional?

You said Erediawa was debunked based on early Benin accounts written in the years of the locust, years of occupation and intimidation, 1897 to 1963.
Locust ko, locust beans ni. ROTFLMAO!

I actually said:

Erediauwa-the-fraud, you mean? Erediauwa the non-historian you mean? Erediauwa who didn’t name one single informant you mean? Erediauwa who didn’t cite one single source you mean? Erediauwa who is soaked in low-self eaten you mean? You must be drunk on Ewuare’s pee. grin Furthermore see the following:

Erediauwa said there is a connection between Ife and Benin. LMAO! cheesy He just didn’t like that Ife is the father. He has been debunked by the world’s historical scholarship based on Benin accounts, material artifacts, early writings, amongst others

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
Samuk, what name did Benin kings send to the sons ruling Itsekiri land when the sons were taking up Portuguese names, Itsekiri names, and Yoruba names?

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2021
The Devastating Refutation:
Eyewitness testimony/writings from the late-1400s & early-1500s which references the monarch of the Ife kingdom & his suzerainty over Benin kingdom exist.

NB: Yes, there used to be a debate in academia in the 1970s/1980s (between the mainstream scholars on one hand; and one, two, or three others on another hand) over the identity of this suzerain.

This debate was particularly on the usage of the word “east” in those early writings.

In present time, however, there is no single academic historian who holds the notion that this suzerain (of the early writings) is other than the Ooni of Ife [i.e. Ọ̀ɣọ̀ni Ufẹ̀ in the Ife dialect of the Yoruba language].

The symbol ⟨ɣ⟩ being the voiced velar fricative with its consonant sound as in this audio sample.

This conclusion is reinforced by the fact that no king, throughout the Guinea Forest of West Africa matches the specific sacral details given in those early writings, except the Ooni of Ife.

In addition to this significant fact, the debate over the word “east” was subsequently quelled by the fact that from Atakpame (in present-day Togo) to the kingdom of Benin (in present-day Nigeria), from Èkó (next to the Atlantic Ocean) to Ọ̀yọ́-Ilé (not far from the Niger River) Ife is known by the interesting epithet: Ibi ojúmọ́ ti ń mọ́ wá — i.e. “the place from where the sun rises”.

For some written references to the widespread usage of this epithet (in reference to Ife) among the natives of this region of West Africa, please refer to:

(A) Rev. D. Hinderer, “Diary Impression,” June 4, 1851, Ibadan, C.M.S.

(B) R. Horton (1979), p. 85., citing B. Maupoil (1943), A. Akinjogbin (1967:41-43), R. Smith (1969:31), as well as A. Obayemi (1976:206).

This reverential (rather than literal) epithet of Ife informed the literalist Europeans’ writings whose source(s) are Benin spokespersons of their king.

Hence the appearance of the word “east” in the early European writings in reference to the kingdom of the Ọ̀ɣọ̀ni (who is transliterated in the early writings as “Hooguanee”, “Ogané”, etc.).

Side Note: Binis, till today, still sometimes refer to the Ooni as Oghene. Refer to the entry “ɔɣɛnɛ” (i.e. “ọghẹnẹ”) in Hans Melzian’s “A Concise Dictionary of the Bini Language of Southern Nigeria” where its second definition is given as: “Bini name for the ni at Ile Ife”

Moreover, another piece of historical evidence which quelled the academic debate on the word “east” (as is seen in the early writings in reference to this overlord) are early maps.

There are maps (e.g. from the early 1500s) which show the phrase Dominion of the Orguene annotated across the western half of today’s Nigeria.

These historical information leaves anyone (not only the historians) with the only logical conclusion that the appearance of the word “east” in those early writings is of course not literal.

In conclusion, contrary to your ignorant assumption, there are writings from the early 1500s (on the basis of interviews of Bini representatives in the late 1400s) which references the king of Ife & his overlordship on Benin kingdom and other places.

Apart from early writings, there are other types of historical evidence which also establish clearly that there exist a classic (i.e. pre-1800) father & son relationship between Ife & Benin respectively.

These other type of historical evidence which I come to here are classical artifacts from the hard science of archaeology. One crucial examples in this regard is discussed below.

The artifact shown in this link is the image of an Ooni of Ife. ~ S. P. Blier, “Art in Ancient Ife,” 2012, Figure 17.

The Ife naturalism of this artifact, its facial striations, as well as its classical Ife ceremonial costume and the pair of chest ornament help art historians (as well as Benin chroniclers alike) with identifying this image as an Ooni of Ife.

What is very, very crucial here is that this artifact was found in the archaeological deposits of Benin. To be more precise, it was excavated from the royal palace of Benin kingdom.

Furthermore, the production date of this artifact has now been established by science. This artifact is dated, by thermoluminescence technique, to the year 1420 [± 60 years].

~ Calvocoressi & David, “A New Survey of Radiocarbon and Thermoluminescence Dates for West Africa,” 1979, p. 19.

For more pictorial angles (and details) regarding this particular artifact, please refer to:

(A) W. Fagg, “A Bronze Figure in Ife Style at Benin,” British Museum, June 1950, Plate Fa, Fb, Fc

(B) F. Willett, “Ife in the History of West African Sculpture,” McGraw-Hill, 1967, Figure 89.

(C) C. Adepegba, “The Descent from Oduduwa,” 1986, Plate 4.

In other words, a more-than 500-year-old ‘bronze’ cast of an Ooni Ife was discovered in the (archaeological deposits of the) palace of Benin kingdom.

In conclusion, it thus becomes clear that there exists a classical (i.e. pre-1800) father & son relationship between Ife & Benin respectively.

Again, this conclusion which I have inevitably reached is not mine. This is simply the conclusion of historical scholarship. This can be seen in the following works:

A. Akinjogbin (1967), F. Willett (1973), R. C. C. Law (1973), R. Horton (1979), A. Obayemi (1980), R. Smith (1988), B. Adediran (1991), D. Bondarenko (2003), S. A. Akintoye (2010), A. Ogundiran (2020), et al.

A beautiful summary of this conclusion of scholars of
African history (some of whose names and works are listed above) is shown in the page below from Adam Knobler (2016), p.47.

Peace! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
Eyewitness testimony/writings from the late-1400s & early-1500s which references the monarch of the Ife kingdom & his suzerainty over Benin kingdom exist.

NB: Yes, there used to be a debate in academia in the 1970s/1980s (between the mainstream scholars on one hand; and one, two, or three others on another hand) over the identity of this suzerain.

This debate was particularly on the usage of the word “east” in those early writings.

In present time, however, there is no single academic historian who holds the notion that this suzerain (of the early writings) is other than the Ooni of Ife [i.e. Ọ̀ɣọ̀ni Ufẹ̀ in the Ife dialect of the Yoruba language].

The symbol ⟨ɣ⟩ being the voiced velar fricative with its consonant sound as in this audio sample.

This conclusion is reinforced by the fact that no king, throughout the Guinea Forest of West Africa matches the specific sacral details given in those early writings, except the Ooni of Ife.

In addition to this significant fact, the debate over the word “east” was subsequently quelled by the fact that from Atakpame (in present-day Togo) to the kingdom of Benin (in present-day Nigeria), from Èkó (next to the Atlantic Ocean) to Ọ̀yọ́-Ilé (not far from the Niger River) Ife is known by the interesting epithet: Ibi ojúmọ́ ti ń mọ́ wá — i.e. “the place from where the sun rises”.

For some written references to the widespread usage of this epithet (in reference to Ife) among the natives of this region of West Africa, please refer to:

(B) R. Horton (1979), p. 85., citing B. Maupoil (1943), A. Akinjogbin (1967:41-43), R. Smith (1969:31), as well as A. Obayemi (1976:206).

This reverential (rather than literal) epithet of Ife informed the literalist Europeans’ writings whose source(s) are Benin spokespersons of their king.

Hence the appearance of the word “east” in the early European writings in reference to the kingdom of the Ọ̀ɣọ̀ni (who is transliterated in the early writings as “Hooguanee”, “Ogané”, etc.).

Side Note: Binis, till today, still sometimes refer to the Ooni as Oghene. Refer to the entry “ɔɣɛnɛ” (i.e. “ọghẹnẹ”) in Hans Melzian’s “A Concise Dictionary of the Bini Language of Southern Nigeria” where its second definition is given as: “Bini name for the ni at Ile Ife”

Moreover, another piece of historical evidence which quelled the academic debate on the word “east” (as is seen in the early writings in reference to this overlord) are early maps.

There are maps (e.g. from the early 1500s) which show the phrase Dominion of the Orguene annotated across the western half of today’s Nigeria.

These historical information leaves anyone (not only the historians) with the only logical conclusion that the appearance of the word “east” in those early writings is of course not literal.

In conclusion, contrary to your ignorant assumption, there are writings from the early 1500s (on the basis of interviews of Bini representatives in the late 1400s) which references the king of Ife & his overlordship on Benin kingdom and other places.

Apart from early writings, there are other types of historical evidence which also establish clearly that there exist a classic (i.e. pre-1800) father & son relationship between Ife & Benin respectively.

These other type of historical evidence which I come to here are classical artifacts from the hard science of archaeology. One crucial examples in this regard is discussed below.

The artifact shown in this link is the image of an Ooni of Ife. ~ S. P. Blier, “Art in Ancient Ife,” 2012, Figure 17.

The Ife naturalism of this artifact, its facial striations, as well as its classical Ife ceremonial costume and the pair of chest ornament help art historians (as well as Benin chroniclers alike) with identifying this image as an Ooni of Ife.

What is very, very crucial here is that this artifact was found in the archaeological deposits of Benin. To be more precise, it was excavated from the royal palace of Benin kingdom.

Furthermore, the production date of this artifact has now been established by science. This artifact is dated, by thermoluminescence technique, to the year 1420 [± 60 years].

~ Calvocoressi & David, “A New Survey of Radiocarbon and Thermoluminescence Dates for West Africa,” 1979, p. 19.

For more pictorial angles (and details) regarding this particular artifact, please refer to:

(A) W. Fagg, “A Bronze Figure in Ife Style at Benin,” British Museum, June 1950, Plate Fa, Fb, Fc

(B) F. Willett, “Ife in the History of West African Sculpture,” McGraw-Hill, 1967, Figure 89.

In other words, a more-than 500-year-old ‘bronze’ cast of an Ooni Ife was discovered in the (archaeological deposits of the) palace of Benin kingdom.

In conclusion, it thus becomes clear that there exists a classical (i.e. pre-1800) father & son relationship between Ife & Benin respectively.

Again, this conclusion which I have inevitably reached is not mine. This is simply the conclusion of historical scholarship. This can be seen in the following works:

A. Akinjogbin (1967), F. Willett (1973), R. C. C. Law (1973), R. Horton (1979), A. Obayemi (1980), R. Smith (1988), B. Adediran (1991), D. Bondarenko (2003), S. A. Akintoye (2010), A. Ogundiran (2020), et al.

African history (some of whose names and works are listed above) is shown in the page below from Adam Knobler (2016), p.47.

Peace! cheesy

No need for all these long epistle, oba Erediawa is the custodian of the source your so called story tellers relied upon, if he said they were wrong, then they were wrong, it's as simple as that.

What name did Oranmiyan name his supposed Benin prince who became Oba Eweka.

You can now see how difficult it is to defend lies. Hiding behind long copy and paste gibberish can't save you.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
samuk:
No need for all these long epistle, oba Erediawa is the custodian of the source your so called story tellers relied upon, if he said they were wrong, then they were wrong, it's as simple as that.
Erediauwa’s ancestors say the historians are right.

All the material artifacts from the pre-1800 Benin say the historians are right.

Common sense says the historians are right and that Erediauwa is just soaked in low-self esteem.

He probably started like you.

What name did Oranmiyan name his supposed Benin prince who became Oba Eweka.
I don’t know actually.

What name did the Oba of Benin send to his “son” at Itsekiri (Olu Sebastiao Atorangboye) who took up a Portuguese and Yoruba name?

By the way, Eweka is not a Bini name according to the Benin traditions.

You can now see how difficult it is to defend lies. Hiding behind long copy and paste gibberish can't save you.
I see exactly how it’s been difficult for you to defend what the whole world (i.e. all historians of pre-colonial Benin and Yoruba history) have trashed as garbage.

It must be really tough being in your shoes. What a waste!? cheesy

Thanks for popularizing my “long” comment by the way.

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
You are in dire need of your own advice. Take your advice today. cheesy
Get a life Taola
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
Think4Myself:
Get a life Taola
Take your advise, Thin-Elf. cheesy

You obviously need it. Clearly.

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Christistruth00: 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
TAO12:
Erediauwa’s ancestors say the historians are right.

All the material artifacts from the pre-1800 Benin say the historians are right.

Common sense says the historians are right and that Erediauwa is just soaked in low-self esteem.

He probably started like you.

I don’t know actually.

What name did the Oba of Benin send to his “son” at Itsekiri (Olu Sebastiao Atorangboye) who took up a Portuguese and Yoruba name?

By the way, Eweka is not a Bini name according to the Benin traditions.

I see exactly how it’s been difficult for you to defend what the whole world (i.e. all historians of pre-colonial Benin and Yoruba history) have trashed as garbage.

It must be really tough being in your shoes. What a waste!? cheesy

Thanks for popularizing my “long” comment by the way.

TAO12 Oranmiyan named his son Owomika (I can handle it ) Which the Benin called Eweka

There was a story that the Son was unable to talk till Oranmiyan sent him a game of Ayo and when he Won he spoke for the first time shouting Owomika
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 1:09am On Aug 26, 2021
Christistruth00:
TAO12 Oranmiyan named his son Owomika (I can handle it ) Which the Benin called Eweka

There was a story that the Son was unable to talk till Oranmiyan sent him a game of Ayo and when he Won he spoke for the first time shouting Owomika
I would cite the early Benin traditions on this subject and then give my comment:

… The son of Prince Oranmiyan by Erinmwide was born at Ego, and brought up at Use, where he won the celebrated game of “Akhue.” In the excitement of winning the game … he made his first utterance “Owomika” (I succeed) which has been corrupted into Eweka. It surprised the inhabitants of Use to hear a child born in Benin give its first utterance in the Yoruba language — his father’s tongue.

Egharevba, “A Short History of Benin,” (1937), p.10ff.

Our interpretations must be based on how it is put in the traditions, not on how personal whims.

As it is clear from the traditions cited above, Owomika could not possibly be a name he had been given long ago (prior to that game).

Had that been his pre-existing name, the Binis would not be surprised to hear it (his name) from him.

They would have been used to that as his name — i.e. they would have known that he has a Yoruba name.

Their surprise was clearly because the word, Owomika is a word which he didn’t learn from them, and that he uttered such the first time he talked.

In the light of this analysis (which is based on the Bini traditions), the word Owomika was clearly not a name given to him prior by anyone.

It is instead a word which became his self given name thereby becoming popular and the only remembered name in the traditions. His given name is clearly not mentioned in the traditions — at least no in this one.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by KingOKON: 7:22am On Aug 26, 2021
TAO12:
Show me where any Ozolua met a Portuguese in any contemporary writing of the period.

YES! cheesy You didn’t know that? undecided

Show me one European in Mali or Burkina-Faso during the periods of the Oghoni’s overlordship.

Show me one EUrOpEaN who penetrated dEeP into the Kingdom of Kongo.

By the way, the Kingdom of Kongo lies on the Atlantic coast of central Africa.

See the first attached screenshot from Adam Knobler (2016:47) grin

The British did go there. Ignoramus.

Moreover, could you explain to me what “aberration” is going on in the picture embedded here.

When did territories of Benin kingdom (Esanland to be precise) become ceded to the Emirate?

Just asking for a friend
. smiley

Oghoni (classical form) is his ‘name’.

Owoni (intermediate form) is his ‘name’.

Ooni (modern form) is his ‘name’.

Oghene (to the Binis of old) is his ‘name’.

See second attachment from Hanz Melzian’s “A Concise Dictionary of the Bini Language of Southern Nigeria”.

So it is only contemporary writings of a suzerain " eyes dare not see" king by Ryder and co that you have read, so Oba Ozuala meeting with the Portuguese was reported by the Binis.

Ogane lordship that existed only in your villages, back when Kings and empires were determined by the armies of men they controlled only weed smoking historian can tell us the army and empire this "eyes dare not see king" had and controlled

When was the First Map of Africa drawn, showing the River Kongo and River Niger?
When was the river Niger up to half of it course explored and when was Benin Empire burnt?
You think Explorers just sat in Europe and drew the land/Rivers of Africa while smoking WEED

If the Portuguese could reach Benin in 1495 and explorers could navigate the river Niger/Kongo before the fall of Benin Empire in 1895, what stops them from going looking for the "eyes must not see" Almighty King. Or only those in the Ile Ife dares sees him...( Weed smoking jajanweed villages tales)

The river Kongo lies along the coast abi?
Wait for me to spoonfeed you on those that explored and drew the maps/rivers of Africa or you want to teach me Geography like a mighty king that had no armies or emissaries reporting to him

And the British saw the Suzerain King with their naked eyes in what year?
When the Empire was burnt down it was well documented and reported in Europe, plz tell me if the Royalties, the press in Europe and the British in particular ever reported anything about the suzerain King or his imaginary empire after the fall of the well known Benin Empire.

Northern Benin Empire fell later than territories your imaginary land of your suzerain king, just one village left ile Ife would have been chanting Allah akba by now.

3 different meaning of Ogane or whatever, Irreplaceable, Chief in Ile Ife and pieces of Kolanut wonderful.
The Oba, Shehu, Sultan, Obong, Tor TIV, Amanyanobo have one and only one meaning just like king and Queen nothing more nothing less

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2021
TAO12:
Take your advise, Thin-Elf. cheesy

You obviously need it. Clearly.
Go outside and look at the sky, it'll help
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 9:24am On Aug 26, 2021
TAO12:
PS:
Throughout the centuries of interaction between the Europeans and the southern “Nigeria” area, including Benin kingdom, there is no single record of a name of any Benin king.

Shall we then be foolish like you to pretend to reach the inane conclusion that Benin began to have kings on recently — or that Benin kings (if they exist) never had names?

Peace! cheesy

Cc: nisai

Does the lady of fraud still stand by the above lies and misinformation? You almost got away with this.

You copy and paste junks knowing too well that most guys here on nairaland lacks common sense to interrogate your write ups.

Most guys are below average in their thinking abilities and you capitalise on this by overwhelming them with copy and paste that most of them can't read, even some that can read them hardly understand the long gibberish. Even when a location says east and you told them the text actually means west, some of these guys are so dense that they believe you.

You chum out garbage and lies with such authority that the less informed and ignorant are easily misled, misinformed and deceived.

What do you have to say for yourself now that you have been caught pants down.

I repeat names of Benin Obas were documented by Europeans before oba Ovonramwen in 1897 and none of the Oba had Yoruba names.

You pretend to know Benin history, but you don't. Your knowledge of Benin history doesn't go beyond the fairytales that were told between 1897 to 1960. Your knowledge of Benin history begins and ends in this 66 years difficult period in Benin history.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 9:25am On Aug 26, 2021
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
samuk:
[s]Does the lady of fraud still stand by the above lies and misinformation? You almost got away with this. …

What do you have to say for yourself now that you have been caught pants down.

I repeat names of Benin Obas were documented by Europeans before oba Ovonramwen in 1897 and none of the Oba had Yoruba names. ...[/s]
CRAP!

Show me any of these name in any contemporary pre-1897 writing of Benin history (or in any pre-1897 writing of Benin history whatsoever). Your time starts now:

Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2021
samuk:
[s]…You copy and paste junks knowing too well that most guys here on nairaland lacks common sense to interrogate your write ups.

Most guys are below average in their thinking abilities and you capitalise on this by overwhelming them with copy and paste that most of them can't read, even some that can read them hardly understand the long gibberish. Even when a location says east and you told them the text actually means west, some of these guys are so dense that they believe you.

You chum out garbage and lies with such authority that the less informed and ignorant are easily misled, misinformed and deceived. …

You pretend to know Benin history, but you don't. Your knowledge of Benin history doesn't go beyond the fairytales that were told between 1897 to 1960. Your knowledge of Benin history begins and ends in this 66 years difficult period in Benin history.[/s]

Peace! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2021
TAO12:
CRAP!

Show me any of these name in any contemporary pre-1897 writing of Benin history (or in any pre-1897 writing of Benin history whatsoever). Your time starts now:

Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

You are only clever by half, are you the one to provide me with a list you drawn up and asked me to show you the names within your list.

Below is your claim:
TAO12:
PS:
Throughout the centuries of interaction between the Europeans and the southern “Nigeria” area, including Benin kingdom, there is no single record of a name of any Benin king.

Peace! cheesy

Do you still stand by your above claim.

I must warn you that name of Benin Oba was recorded by Europeans before the fall of Benin in 1897.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2021
I stand by it 100% because to a Yoruba free-born, [the latter] periods of conquest of “Nigeria” is not one and the same as [the prior] periods of interaction.

You must be a natural slave if “interaction” means one and the same thing as “conquest” to you.

I’m not surprised. You’re an Edo. So, conquering you may be one and the same as interacting with you.

samuk:
[s]You are only clever by half, are you the one to provide me with a list you drawn up and asked me to show you the names within your list.

Below is your claim:

Do you still stand by your above claim[/s]
As such, your attempt at being my secretary turns out to be a misery for you. So, CRAP!

Show me any of these names in any contemporary pre-1897 writing of Benin history (or in any pre-1897 writing of Benin history whatsoever).

Your time starts now:

Uwuakhuahen
Henmihen
Ewedo
Oguola
Edoni
Udagbedo
Ohen
Egbeka
Orobiru
Uwaifiokun
Ewuare I
Ezoti
Olua
Ozolua
Esigie
Orhogbua
Ehengbuda
Ohuan
Ohenzae
Akenkpaye
Akengbedo
Ore-Oghene
Ewuakpe
Ozuere
Akenzua I
Eresoyen
Akengbuda
Obanosa
Ogbebo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]So it is only contemporary writings of a suzerain " eyes dare not see" king by Ryder and co that you have read, so Oba Ozuala meeting with the Portuguese was reported by the Binis.
Ogane lordship that existed only in your villages, back when Kings and empires were determined by the armies of men they controlled only weed smoking historian can tell us the army and empire this "eyes dare not see king" had and controlled
When was the First Map of Africa drawn, showing the River Kongo and River Niger?
When was the river Niger up to half of it course explored and when was Benin Empire burnt?
You think Explorers just sat in Europe and drew the land/Rivers of Africa while smoking WEED
If the Portuguese could reach Benin in 1495 and explorers could navigate the river Niger/Kongo before the fall of Benin Empire in 1895, what stops them from going looking for the "eyes must not see" Almighty King. Or only those in the Ile Ife dares sees him...( Weed smoking jajanweed villages tales)
The river Kongo lies along the coast abi?
Wait for me to spoonfeed you on those that explored and drew the maps/rivers of Africa or you want to teach me Geography like a mighty king that had no armies or emissaries reporting to him
And the British saw the Suzerain King with their naked eyes in what year?
When the Empire was burnt down it was well documented and reported in Europe, plz tell me if the Royalties, the press in Europe and the British in particular ever reported anything about the suzerain King or his imaginary empire after the fall of the well known Benin Empire.
Northern Benin Empire fell later than territories your imaginary land of your suzerain king, just one village left ile Ife would have been chanting Allah akba by now.
3 different meaning of Ogane or whatever, Irreplaceable, Chief in Ile Ife and pieces of Kolanut wonderful.
The Oba, Shehu, Sultan, Obong, Tor TIV, Amanyanobo have one and only one meaning just like king and Queen nothing more nothing less[/s]
Wait … What!?

What version of CRAP is this? CRAP-v.7-22-A-M

Anyways:

Show me one European in Mali or Burkina-Faso, or in the deep forest of Kong (not near coast) during the periods of the Oghoni’s overlordship.

You have just one job, just this one. Now do it.

cheesy

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2021
Think4Myself:
Go outside and look at the sky, it'll help
Please feel free to share your life story in full. smiley

Someone from Benin kingdom may need it. wink

Tainkiu. cheesy

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2021
TAO12:

Tainkiu. cheesy
Look at the sun Mrs taola
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO12: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
TAO11:

Tainkiu. cheesy

Think4Myself:
Look at the sun Mrs taola

Wow! That also once helped you?

Hmm! You must have felt suicidal.

Your Bini audience are listening sha.

Feel free to tell us more of your life story.

Thanks! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.