Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President (9305 Views)

MATMUSIC: Ishola Salami, University Of Ibadan Lecturer Invents Hip-Hop Song / Lilian Salami Seeks EFCC Collaboration To Fight Corruption, Yahoo Boys / Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by BleedingPen: 4:51am On Aug 12, 2021
The Vice Chancellor of University of Benin, UNIBEN, Professor Lilian Salami, has been elected as Vice President of the Association of African Universities, AAU.

This comes barely five months after the UNIBEN second female Vice Chancellor was appointed Alternate Chairperson, Committee of Vice Chancellors in Nigeria, CVCN.

With this latest role, Salami holds the record as the first UNIBEN and female Vice Chancellor to hold the position in the African varsities’ association. She will be representing the West African region in the AAU.

Other elected members of the AAU new Governing Board are Professor Saeed Bakri Osman as President; Professor Mohammed Hussein, Vice President (North Africa) and Professor Theresia Nkwo Akenji, Vice President (Central Africa).

Former Vice Chancellor of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Professor Olusola Oyewole, was named as Secretary-General of the association.

The Association of African Universities (AAU), is headquartered in Accra, Ghana, and is an apex organization. The Association provides a platform for research, reflection, consultation, debates, co-operation and collaboration on issues pertaining to higher education.

It provides a range of services to its members and serves African higher education in a variety of ways. It has established and increased its role in the five sub-regions of Africa and can assemble teams of experts in relevant fields from the sub-regions.

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2021/08/11/icymi-uniben-vc-prof-salami-elected-african-varsities-vice-president/

6 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by mokoh(m): 5:59am On Aug 12, 2021
Na wah u wen they my front u fast oh
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by akinmusi(m): 5:59am On Aug 12, 2021
Congratulations Nigeria
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by 111sunshine: 6:00am On Aug 12, 2021
congratulations
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by otokx(m): 6:00am On Aug 12, 2021
A lot of good news from UNIBEN lately, congratulations.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by elmessiahs(m): 6:00am On Aug 12, 2021
Congratulations on your achievement.
Elmessiahs
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by floss(m): 6:00am On Aug 12, 2021
K
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by uy2kng: 6:05am On Aug 12, 2021
Your staff needs stomach infrastructure!More lecturers need oversee trainings.Stop forming fine babe in campus.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by Tony3245(m): 6:07am On Aug 12, 2021
Their headache

All I pray and hope for is a better change in the educational system.

Kindly check my signature for your quality write ups(assignments, project research, business proposals...etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:07am On Aug 12, 2021
Even better to see she's a female smiley

1 Like

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by Waakanda: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2021
Good
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by begge: 6:11am On Aug 12, 2021
Please always have the uniben security in mind

2 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by WonderManly(m): 6:13am On Aug 12, 2021
Correct...

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by douchesnozzle(m): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2021
Is she the wife of the great Professor Salami?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by bewla(m): 6:17am On Aug 12, 2021
I don't no

2 comment before I read
Or to read before I comment

All join if some one read them go tell we by quoting me

I trust Nairaland quotes association
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by boolee(m): 6:25am On Aug 12, 2021
Articulate Mama Vc.

God Bless you for us.

Uniben Must be great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by Oracleforce: 6:28am On Aug 12, 2021
Lilian Nah Igbo....salami.nah Yoruba....Fulani no.dey show up for this kind thing...but if Nah sucide bomber, banditry, kidnapping, almajiri, ...mass illiteracy....you go hear Fulani name...

Tueh....

2 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by iamyemiakins(m): 6:34am On Aug 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by iamyemiakins(m): 6:36am On Aug 12, 2021
Oracleforce:
Lilian Nah Igbo....salami.nah Yoruba....Fulani no.dey show up for this kind thing...but if Nah sucide bomber, banditry, kidnapping, almajiri, ...mass illiteracy....you go hear Fulani name...

Tueh....
Gbogbo eleyi o necessary right now.
Celebrate the woman and meeuve!

1 Like

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by dahmie2013: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2021
Congratulations ma'am! More power to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by Handsum64: 6:51am On Aug 12, 2021
UNIBEST

1 Like

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by eeewise(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2021
No.

douchesnozzle:
Is she the wife of the great Professor Salami?

1 Like

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by TheGiftedOne(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2021
Great Unibest... So Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma dey share accronym with this body.

Salami should fix the roads inside my Alma mata ooo. Too many potholes turning into ditches in the school.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by Emeka71(m): 7:13am On Aug 12, 2021
This woman is really doing well; because I could see the grand transformation in the campus; and some good renovations going on when I was there in February/March as against when I was there in 2018/2019.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by chatinent: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2021
Wetin dem dey see for these naija people.
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2021
begge:
Please always have the uniben security in mind
She does, uniben is safer than it ever was...
.ekosodin that used to be the Badlands is now so safe that going out at night is no longer an issues...since I came into the environment two years ago...I've only Witnessed one case of armed robbery and that too ended in vigilantess coming to chase them away..
During her time the school saw serious renovation, a well managed calendar even during the pandemic and a serious move to rid the school from congestion,
Uniben's only issue now is the way fees are skyrocketing ...

Salami is really trying and she derseves all the honour she is getting

5 Likes

Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by ofiko123(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2021
Congratulations to prof..salami.
Re: Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President by yinks77: 7:38am On Aug 12, 2021
Igbo Afunja, Yoruba Amaka. How market?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013/14 Likely Practical Biology Specimens Questions & Answers / Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect / Unilorin 2012/2013 Remedial Programme(s.p.s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.