Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect (9306 Views)

UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire / PHOTOS: Muslims Students Of UNILAG Protest Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by apholaby007(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2016
AAU students-The protest and the way forward.
No sooner had the sun risen than some of the students of Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, gathered at the school gate to embark on a "peaceful rally" as tagged by most of the protesting students. We later learned that the rally was more of an uproar against the VC-elect.
Our aauxclusive.com correspondent on getting to the scene met some armed policemen and about four "hilux" vans which we assume was meant to assist in maintaining peace while the rally lasted.
Students were seen carrying placards while others were seen going for their classes.
Speaking with our correspondence, a 300 level English student who pleaded anonymous had this to say when asked what was going on: "......we don't want to call it a protest yet till further actions and conditions are not met;for now it's just a peaceful rally." Further efforts by our correspondence to garner more information as regards the protest, proved abortive.
Luckily, our correspondence was able to get further insight on the issue as one Miss Anita Erabor in her words said that: "....It is only expected that the principal officers of Ambrose Alli University, be indigenes of the local government since the school is situated in this locality. We went further to say that the students are not ready to condone any form of "nepotistic injustice" as this would be tantamount to compromising the rights of the indigenous staffs of the school."
Meanwhile, we tried reaching the SUG to know their stand as per the rally. They were not aware of it and even doubted it until some photos were sent. The union president, Khalifa Oshiomhole urged all students to remain calm and wait till the state government approve the Vice chancellor elect. He also admonished students to continue to maintain the peace that the school has been enjoying and will continue to enjoy as the school authority has the best interest of students at heart.
It was later garnered that the peaceful rally was organised by Esan Youth movement on behalf of esan staffs and students of the school.
All efforts to speak with the rally spokesman proved abortive.
#compiled by Thompson Jotham for AAUXCLUSIVE

1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by tonyxxx(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2016
Great e.k.pites.... I was there during the time of aigbomian.

4 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Tolexander: 6:58am On May 10, 2016
What kinda protest is this?

5 guys carrying cardboard against an appointment in a Nigerian university. All students coming out to protest, dem never answer them, let alone 5 students.

8 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by ednut1(m): 6:59am On May 10, 2016
Nigeria is just doomed with such myopic mentality. who indigene epp merit abeg

11 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by tolexy123: 6:59am On May 10, 2016
Lol
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Isoni(m): 6:59am On May 10, 2016
Where are the protesters?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Samexdx(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2016
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2016
Funny Country, Where Students protest against a new Vice Chancellor cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Nobody: 7:00am On May 10, 2016
All these useless and senseless protests. Instead of them to get their education and move on with life.

6 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by olimeh13(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2016
Oooh my God....
What will the student do now in this situation.....
#fast_thinker

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by segsxpendable(m): 7:01am On May 10, 2016
they also want to embark on an indefinite strike abi....kontinu

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by diasporaman(m): 7:01am On May 10, 2016
End time students

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Nobody: 7:02am On May 10, 2016
advanced primary school.

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by TOMTOM15(m): 7:02am On May 10, 2016
time to strike like thunder.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Hansome001(m): 7:03am On May 10, 2016
That's where I graduated from AAU(Another Anointed University).
No need for the protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by realdevil: 7:03am On May 10, 2016
I will comment at the approriate time
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by neoboss: 7:04am On May 10, 2016
5 man pro___test
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Gassa007: 7:07am On May 10, 2016
misspresident:
advanced primary school.
You know nothing except advance this or that
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by sweetetlove(f): 7:08am On May 10, 2016
protest always end in bloodshed and riot
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by slapandfall(m): 7:09am On May 10, 2016
G
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Nobody: 7:09am On May 10, 2016
Gassa007:
You know nothing except advance this or that
sorry advanced nursery school.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Slymonster(m): 7:30am On May 10, 2016
when did they resume that they are protesting..vc problem shouldn't be the student priority,except they are looking for strike to seat at home
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Nobody: 7:34am On May 10, 2016
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by jackobi(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2016
AAU always has a story to tell
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by youngprof8787: 7:36am On May 10, 2016
I'm ashamed of my Alma mater
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by NaGodwin: 7:37am On May 10, 2016
Miss Anita Erabor in her words said that: "....It is only expected that the principal officers of Ambrose Alli University, be indigenes of the local government since the school is situated in this locality.

Having read the bolded, Anita Erabor, ur parents just dey waste ur sch fees, shame on you, I advise u to go learn sewing or hairdressing cos with dis ur mentality, a degree will take u no where.

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by oshe11: 7:42am On May 10, 2016
I'm sorry for deviating!

But my fellow Nairalanders(Civil Engineers),

Please can U link me up with any site where I cn get Civil Engineering Projects and their complete materials?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Nobody: 7:43am On May 10, 2016
olimeh13:
Oooh my God.... . What will the student do now in this situation..... . #fast_thinker
he will survive it, he will land on his back tyre
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by elampiro(m): 7:43am On May 10, 2016
Name of the VC-elect not mentioned in the report.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by GeneralFestytop(m): 7:51am On May 10, 2016
Tolexander:
What kinda protest is this?

5 guys carrying cardboard against an appointment in a Nigerian university. All students coming out to protest, dem never answer them, let alone 5 students.
I PRAY O
Re: Ambrose Alli University Student Stage Protest Today Against The Vc-elect by Gerrard59(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2016
Ridiculous. So unless the VC comes from the area, then the school will be developed or standards improved? Look at them, unemployable and unemployed fellows.

The Nigerian mentality is a fvcked up one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013/14 Likely Practical Biology Specimens Questions & Answers / Unilorin 2012/2013 Remedial Programme(s.p.s) / My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.