Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault (2532 Views)

Tinubu Fails To Replace Recalled Ambassadors, 5 Months After / Kyari Not Recalled By IGP Usman Baba - Force PPRO, Frank Mba / Nigerian Ambassador To Indonesia Recalled Over Assault Of Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by eastOFwest(m): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
olatade:
Nigerian diplomat, the aggressor, elbowed immigration official – Ambassador
THE Nigerian High Commissioner to Indonesia, Usman Ogar and a diplomat, Abdulrrahman Ibrahim, who was assaulted by immigration officers in the South East Asian country, will arrive in the country today.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs disclosed this to The PUNCH on Wednesday as the Indonesian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Dr Usra Harahap, told the Minister of Foreign affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, in Abuja that the Nigerian diplomat was the aggressor during his (Ibrahim) encounter with some immigration officers.

The PUNCH had on Wednesday reported that Ibrahim was assaulted in a car by some Indonesian immigration officials in Jakarta.

The August 7 incident had sparked a diplomatic row between Nigeria and the Indonesian authorities with the Federal Government recalling Ogar for consultation, while threatening a review of the bilateral relations between the two nations.

The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs Esther Sunsuwa, in an interview with The PUNCH on Wednesday, said, “The Federal Government will make its position known after consulting with the recalled Nigerian envoy expected to arrive in the country along with Ibrahim on Thursday (today).”

Recall that the minister had on Monday summoned Harahap over the assault of the Nigerian diplomat in Jakarta.

Our correspondent on Wednesday obtained a copy of the Indonesian envoy’s presentation to Onyeama during the Monday meeting.

Giving an account of the incident, the envoy disclosed that the immigration officers from South Jakarta Immigration Office were carrying out surveillance on foreigners when they asked Ibrahim for identification but the diplomat allegedly refused to identify himself or tender his passport.

He stated “By that time, they met with Mr Ibrahim, and politely requested him to show his travel document. He answered that his passport was in his room.

“Then the officer asked again, ‘Can we see your travel document to check the residence permit and if there are no problems with the document, so you may continue your activities

“Mr Ibrahim was not willing to show his passport and said to the officer, ‘you will know who really I am and be careful on that.

“Instead of showing his identity card, Mr Ibrahim was angry and said, ‘Just arrest me and you will regret to know who really I am.’

“The officer said, ‘We will not detain you further sir, if you can show us your identity card.’ Then Mr Ibrahim said, ‘Where is your car, I’ll come to your office.’

“On the way to the immigration office in South Jakarta, several incidents happened. Mr Ibrahim elbowed the immigration officer, Mr Laode Hauzan Baidi, who was sitting next to him until Mr Laode’s lip was bleeding.

https://punchng.com/recalled-envoy-diplomat-arrive-today-indonesia-defends-assault/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1628745312
So these people carry entitlement unruly culture go abroad? Do you know who I am? Nonsense!
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by Gandollaar(f): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
I hope federal government conduct a thorough investigation regard this incident. The time the incident happened, if the incident happened during the work hour why the diplomat not have any means of identification?

However I can smell lie in what the immigration officer said about Nigeria diplomat those officers I saw in that video don't speak English and it seems the diplomat not understand what they are saying.

I can see some stupid people mocking the man just because he is not igbo I believe that this maltreated can happen to anyone at least he didn't carry cocaine.

Imagine the way they treated the man without commit any crimes someone that voluntarily surrendered himself now beating officer inside the car I believe that those officers might have done something terrible to him inside car. Federal government should sanction Indonesia and declare the country unsafe for his citizens what are we benefit from Indonesia? Only ipob terrorist benefiting from the country through drugs trafficking and human trafficking they are doing in the country.
Some of you are very disgusting...very very disgusting.
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by Babanah: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2021
olatade:
Nigerian diplomat, the aggressor, elbowed immigration official – Ambassador
THE Nigerian High Commissioner to Indonesia, Usman Ogar and a diplomat, Abdulrrahman Ibrahim, who was assaulted by immigration officers in the South East Asian country, will arrive in the country today.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs disclosed this to The PUNCH on Wednesday as the Indonesian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Dr Usra Harahap, told the Minister of Foreign affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, in Abuja that the Nigerian diplomat was the aggressor during his (Ibrahim) encounter with some immigration officers.

The PUNCH had on Wednesday reported that Ibrahim was assaulted in a car by some Indonesian immigration officials in Jakarta.

The August 7 incident had sparked a diplomatic row between Nigeria and the Indonesian authorities with the Federal Government recalling Ogar for consultation, while threatening a review of the bilateral relations between the two nations.

The spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs Esther Sunsuwa, in an interview with The PUNCH on Wednesday, said, “The Federal Government will make its position known after consulting with the recalled Nigerian envoy expected to arrive in the country along with Ibrahim on Thursday (today).”

Recall that the minister had on Monday summoned Harahap over the assault of the Nigerian diplomat in Jakarta.

Our correspondent on Wednesday obtained a copy of the Indonesian envoy’s presentation to Onyeama during the Monday meeting.

Giving an account of the incident, the envoy disclosed that the immigration officers from South Jakarta Immigration Office were carrying out surveillance on foreigners when they asked Ibrahim for identification but the diplomat allegedly refused to identify himself or tender his passport.

He stated “By that time, they met with Mr Ibrahim, and politely requested him to show his travel document. He answered that his passport was in his room.

“Then the officer asked again, ‘Can we see your travel document to check the residence permit and if there are no problems with the document, so you may continue your activities

“Mr Ibrahim was not willing to show his passport and said to the officer, ‘you will know who really I am and be careful on that.

“Instead of showing his identity card, Mr Ibrahim was angry and said, ‘Just arrest me and you will regret to know who really I am.’

“The officer said, ‘We will not detain you further sir, if you can show us your identity card.’ Then Mr Ibrahim said, ‘Where is your car, I’ll come to your office.’

“On the way to the immigration office in South Jakarta, several incidents happened. Mr Ibrahim elbowed the immigration officer, Mr Laode Hauzan Baidi, who was sitting next to him until Mr Laode’s lip was bleeding.

https://punchng.com/recalled-envoy-diplomat-arrive-today-indonesia-defends-assault/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1628745312

Nigerian High Commissioner …… Nigeria High Commissioner.

Punch do you not know the difference between High Commissioner and Ambassador?

Is Indonesia a member of the Commonwealth?
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by Naijanascam: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
They thought they where in Nigeria where they intimidate others with their positions and power..........

They can kill you and label you a criminal....
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by Mayng01(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
Charity they say begins at home. Do you know who I am? Werey! You think you are in Nigeria! That is what you people are doing, destroying this country. Mtchew
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by AntiBMC(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
RZArecta:
So called "diplomat" carried his useless, terrorist behaviour to another man's country thinking they have Kyari police officers like Nigeria grin dem no even press that him ostrich neck very well.

It's sad that thousands of Nigerians even with valid documents go through hell with foreign immigration officials every year without any effort from the Nigerian government but they could take prompt action against Indonesia because it affected their arrogant diplomat directly. I have no pity for the fóol at all walahi cool

Hehe. grin
Serves him right.

2 Likes

Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by RZArecta(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiBMC:

Hehe. grin
Serves him right.
I dey tell you, he's very lucky I wasn't among those immigration officials. Na another thing him for dey talk by now I swear

1 Like

Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by Ezmans: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2021
Gandollaar:
Hahahaha grin

Na so Oga carry naija cruise go Indonesia...

Do you know who I am?

The same impunity that ruined his country.

It would be nice also if the Indonesians can back up their claims with video proof.
why not Indonesian immigration use force remove his corrupt teeth

1 Like

Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by NewYorkCity: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
Indonesian ships and Indonesian seafarers should not be allowed into Nigerian waters.
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by Ikea81: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
RZArecta:
So called "diplomat" carried his useless, terrorist behaviour to another man's country thinking they have Kyari police officers like Nigeria grin dem no even press that him ostrich neck very well.

It's sad that thousands of Nigerians even with valid documents go through hell with foreign immigration officials every year without any effort from the Nigerian government but they could take prompt action against Indonesia because it affected their arrogant diplomat directly. I have no pity for the fóol at all walahi cool

Only a buhari diplomat. Yamayama everywhere
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by RZArecta(m): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
Ikea81:

Only a buhari diplomat. Yamayama everywhere
the shameless hoodlum was taught a very bitter lesson grin they pressed his neck till he started bleating like a goat grin

1 Like

Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by LLiKYekoba: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Dem no beat the Abokey diplomat well to my satisfaction, dem suppose comot all him teeth.. grin grin
Re: Recalled Envoy, Diplomat Arrive Today, Indonesia Defends Assault by EmmySparky(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2021
This is a big fat lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Poll: Peter Obi Leads Atiku, Tinubu, Saraki By A Wide Margin (Pic) / BREAKING: Soludo Offers 1million Naira Each To Arrest Unknown Gunmen (Photos) / My Partner Is About To Commit Suicide Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.