Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Make Things Right With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Make Things Right With God (119 Views)

Go Back And Make Things Right / Why Do I Have To Get Married Just To Make Things Right? / 8 Steps To A Better Relationship With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Things Right With God by Btruth: 3:35am On Aug 13, 2021
Make Things Right With God

Fri, 13 Aug 2021

‘Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.’ James 4:10

In the Old Testament, the priests were consecrated to God by blood marked on their right ear lobe, their right thumb, and the big toe of their right foot. That meant they were called to honour God in their hearing, their skills, and their daily walk. You can’t just do your own thing; you’re called to walk according to God’s Word. When you don’t, God will call you to repentance. And if you don’t repent, He will discipline you. ‘Do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one He loves.’ (Hebrews 12:5–6 NIV) Note two important phrases:

(1) ‘Do not make light of the Lord’s discipline.’ Your ‘Nobody’s-going-to-tell-me-what-to-do!’ attitude will rob you of God’s best and prevent Him from using you effectively. ‘God opposes the proud, but shows favour to the humble.’ (James 4:6 NIV)

(2) ‘Do not lose heart when He rebukes you.’ Instead of seeing God’s correction as rejection, see it as proof that you’re His child… that He has a plan for your life… and that it begins when you humble yourself and do what He tells you. God’s patience is amazing—but He won’t wait forever. He said of a Jezebel in the early church, ‘I gave her time to repent… and she did not… I will cast her into a sickbed.’ (Revelation 2:21–22 NKJV) On the other hand, when Ahab, the original Jezebel’s wicked husband, humbled himself, God healed and restored him. Humbling yourself before God will turn things around in your life when nothing else will work. So, the word for today is: make things right with God!

(1) (Reply)

Spiritually Bankrupt? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/08/2021 / Who Can Interpret The Times We Are In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.