Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 (119598 Views)

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Nigerian Banks Salary Structure 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by adesbaba: 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
DevilsEqual:

I see entry level position opening and i wanna apply but i wonder if banks hire a person with no background in banking for an entry level position... I`m still within the graduate trainee age bracket tho and also done with nysc, applied for many of their GT but have never been invited for any their tests

Definitely,they do...Your background doesn't really matter for a banking job as a graduate trainee...don't lose hope,please stay positive, something big is coming for you very soon.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Teymanhenry(f): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
Salary for entry level first Bank in Lafia is N87,000 and Access bank is N80,000. I have first hand info cos they collect loans from the cooperative where I work and thus I have their account statement. Truly I was surprised when I first saw how much they earn
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
Teymanhenry:
Salary for entry level first Bank in Lafia is N87,000 and Access bank is N80,000. I have first hand info cos they collect loans from the cooperative where I work and thus I have their account statement. Truly I was surprised when I first saw how much they earn
Those are definitely outsourced staff.

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Teymanhenry(f): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sonoyom:

Those are definitely outsourced staff.

I wish
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
Teymanhenry:

I wish

No need arguing with you bro.

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Teymanhenry(f): 6:11am On Aug 31, 2022
Sonoyom:

No need arguing with you bro.

Ignorance is bliss

Says a mofo
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
Teymanhenry:

Says a mofo
You are the mofo here if you can believe that an entry level Acces Bank staff will be paid 80k and First Bank entry level staff is 87k.

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Ugmama(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sonoyom:

You are the mofo here if you can believe that an entry level Acces Bank staff will be paid 80k and First Bank entry level staff is 87k.

Stupidity abound sooo much in your existence.

grin allow him to wallow in ignorance

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ugmama:

grin allow him to wallow in ignorance
I don't have a choice na, I will definitely let him be. He works at a corporative and he has first hand info, and he is ready to argue with someone who was a graduate trainee and later executive trainee at a bank.

The 80k is it for garri? is it for eba? Is it for beans and dodo?

80k is like monthly deduction for car loan.
Maybe his first hand info source is a Teller(I respect them completely).

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Ugmama(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sonoyom:

I don't have a choice na, I will definitely let him be. He works at a corporative and he has first hand info, and he is ready to argue with someone who was a graduate trainee and later executive trainee at a bank.

The 80k is it for garri? is it for eba? Is it for beans and dodo?

80k is like monthly deduction for car loan.
Maybe his first hand info source is a Teller(I respect them completely).

He wan take style steal information from you grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ugmama:

He wan take style steal information from you grin

Not with his current tactic.

He should revel in the one he has from his 'first hand' source.

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Teymanhenry(f): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2022
Sonoyom:

Stupidity abound sooo much in your existence.

It's absurd you love insults. I'm sorry you ain't brought up with morals. I rest my case, lemme face better things
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by TemmyB18(f): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2022
Good morning, I applied for the UBA Graduate Trainee Program and the already did my medicals. I would love to have someone I can also some questions and get some clarifications from. Can you leave your email account so I can message you? Mine is eadebola99@gmail.com. Thank you!

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by sbashir10(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
DevilsEqual:

I recently applied for GT positions at UBA and firstbank but wasnt even called up for the exam atg all, maybe its cause i graduated with a 2.2
when next do you believe your bank GT role wiil be available

You weren’t lucky obviously, graduated with 2.2 but I got invite from Stanbic, Access, UBA, and GT bank ) ELTP, GT and ELP respectively.

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by sbashir10(m): 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
Teymanhenry:

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 5:58am On Sep 06, 2022
Teymanhenry:

It's absurd you love insults. I'm sorry you ain't brought up with morals. I rest my case, lemme face better things
So sorry about how I reacted bro, I got over myself, I will do better next time.

I have modified my comments earlier, please do same to the ones you quoted.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Sonoyom(m): 5:59am On Sep 06, 2022
sbashir10:

Lol. Access pays 269k for entry level staff, fresh out of SBE.
Teymanhenry

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by sbashir10(m): 8:41am On Sep 06, 2022
richmondefosa

Thanks for your contribution to this great thread. I just have some few questions to ask regarding the CSO/ATM/Asset custodian.

1) Are this role contract or permanent staff roles? Note: the recruitment process didn’t involve any outsourcing team, it was directly between the bank P&C and the candidates

2) What position do these above roles occupies in hierarchical working order of Stanbic bank? ( Since those that went to training school are given the rank of (ABO)

3) Are they also considered the same as Support staff as seen in Access Bank? Not professional banker like those that went to training school?
Note: Support staffs in access bank don’t get converted, and only those who got into the bank as interns gets the chance to be converted after passing exams, interviews and training school hurdles etc

4) When converted to full staff from the above roles, does it mean that, the successful candidates will also be trained in the bank training school just like the Graduate trainees that resumes as ABO?

5) If Question 4 is Yes, will the converted staff be able to make it to the apex of banking careers, like becoming General Manager/ Regional managers and probably CEOs or they have a different career path in the bank that’s different from those that enters the bank as ABO?

6) what range of salary should a CSO/ATM/Asset custodian candidates without any banking experience be expecting when fully employed. I hope this isn’t a personal question?

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
sbashir10:
richmondefosa

Thanks for your contribution to this great thread. I just have some few questions to ask regarding the CSO/ATM/Asset custodian.

1) Are this role contract or permanent staff roles? Note: the recruitment process didn’t involve any outsourcing team, it was directly between the bank P&C and the candidates

2) What position do these above roles occupies in hierarchical working order of Stanbic bank? ( Since those that went to training school are given the rank of (ABO)

3) Are they also considered the same as Support staff as seen in Access Bank? Not professional banker like those that went to training school?
Note: Support staffs in access bank don’t get converted, and only those who got into the bank as interns gets the chance to be converted after passing exams, interviews and training school hurdles etc

4) When converted to full staff from the above roles, does it mean that, the successful candidates will also be trained in the bank training school just like the Graduate trainees that resumes as ABO?

5) If Question 4 is Yes, will the converted staff be able to make it to the apex of banking careers, like becoming General Manager/ Regional managers and probably CEOs or they have a different career path in the bank that’s different from those that enters the bank as ABO?

6) what range of salary should a CSO/ATM/Asset custodian candidates without any banking experience be expecting when fully employed. I hope this isn’t a personal question?

Hi sbashir10,

Thank you for reaching out. Let me provide responses below.

1. Are this role contract or permanent staff roles? Note: the recruitment process didn’t involve any outsourcing team, it was directly between the bank P&C and the candidates
The roles are Full time roles and not contract. You are employed directly by the Bank and you enjoy all the full benefits the bank provides.

2. What position do these above roles occupies in hierarchical working order of Stanbic bank? ( Since those that went to training school are given the rank of (ABO)

I think I explained this earlier. The head of the branch is the BSM (Branch Service Manager). Next in command is TLCS (Team Lead Customer Service). Not all branches have TLCS. Infact, many branches don't have it. After this is Asset Custodian. Next is ATM Custodian then CSO (Client Service Officer). In branches where there is no TLCS, if the BSM is on leave, they may grant the Asset partial rights to stand in. If Asset goes on leave, ATM custodian steps in.

At the end of the day, many of these roles are just mere titles. What matters is your grade in the bank. BTA 1, 2, ABO, BO, SBO, AM, MM, DM, etc. An Asset custodian may be an ABO. TLCS are mostly SBOs Some BSMs are SBOs and AMs

I dont know if i have been able to answer your question. If i haven't, please re-word the question so i can answer to the best of my ability.

3. Are they also considered the same as Support staff as seen in Access Bank? Not professional banker like those that went to training school?

They are full time staff or professional staff if i am to borrow your language. Like i said, they are entitled to full benefits of the bank.

4. When converted to full staff from the above roles, does it mean that, the successful candidates will also be trained in the bank training school just like the Graduate trainees that resumes as ABO?

I do not understand the question. They are already full time staff. They are not converting into anything. They don't go to training school like Graduate trainees. They learn on the Job. The bank also schedules other many professional and career trainings for them in the course of their employment. I hope this clarifies? If it doesn't, please let me know.

5. If Question 4 is Yes, will the converted staff be able to make it to the apex of banking careers, like becoming General Manager/ Regional managers and probably CEOs or they have a different career path in the bank that’s different from those that enters the bank as ABO?

I know the Head of one of a major dept in the bank personally (i don't want to mention his name here). He started out as a cleaner in the bank. Go and read the story of Sim Tshabalala who is the joint Chief Executive of the Standard Bank Group and Chief Executive of Standard Bank South Africa (Stanbic IBTC is a member of the standard bank group).

So, regardless of how you joined the bank, you can become the CE. grin

6. what range of salary should a CSO/ATM/Asset custodian candidates without any banking experience be expecting when fully employed. I hope this isn’t a personal question?

The salary range as i know it used to be 180k for BTA 1grade who are newbies who joined the bank without experience (Not graduate trainees o)

BTA 2 is 254k if you are BT 2 and you get promoted to ABO, your salary climbs to about 400. Meanwhile, Graduate trainees who become ABO get 350k.

please note that these salaries i mentioned are NET pay. That is your take home pay. The money that enters your account after all statutory deductions.

I hope i have been able do do justice to your questions?

Also,

I have been getting lots of mails from many of you. I am trying to keep up. Bear with me.

Please note that i am responding but the mails are bouncing back. The error message is something like mailer-daemon@yahoo.com. It does not deliver.

If you need me, please mention me on this thread or reach out alternatively on love.richmond@unn.edu.ng

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Teymanhenry(f): 7:08am On Sep 09, 2022
Sonoyom:

So sorry about how I reacted bro, I got over myself, I will do better next time.

I have modified my comments earlier, please do same to the ones you quoted.
That's ok bro, apologies too
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Frankking(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2022
very Very poor abeg in this present day economy. Reasons why I choose to sell and earn online with just my phone & the internet connection.
It’s not through scam. Not through a Ponzi scheme, purely through selling other people’s product & gettin a commission for your efforts. If you want to know further. Kindly call or WhatsApp:08062396006 to begin.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Isek2: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2022
Good evening sir and thanks for all you do
Pls I have a question concerning Stanbic IBTC bank recruitment.

I had my interview on the 1st of April 2022 after writing my odyssey exams in march and my document was submitted in February as requested.

Since then, I haven't heard anything from Stanbic IBTC pension manager.

Pls. how long do the recruitment process takes
before getting your Apl?

richmondefosa:

Hi sbashir10,

Thank you for reaching out. Let me provide responses below.

1. Are this role contract or permanent staff roles? Note: the recruitment process didn’t involve any outsourcing team, it was directly between the bank P&C and the candidates
The roles are Full time roles and not contract. You are employed directly by the Bank and you enjoy all the full benefits the bank provides.

2. What position do these above roles occupies in hierarchical working order of Stanbic bank? ( Since those that went to training school are given the rank of (ABO)

I think I explained this earlier. The head of the branch is the BSM (Branch Service Manager). Next in command is TLCS (Team Lead Customer Service). Not all branches have TLCS. Infact, many branches don't have it. After this is Asset Custodian. Next is ATM Custodian then CSO (Client Service Officer). In branches where there is no TLCS, if the BSM is on leave, they may grant the Asset partial rights to stand in. If Asset goes on leave, ATM custodian steps in.

At the end of the day, many of these roles are just mere titles. What matters is your grade in the bank. BTA 1, 2, ABO, BO, SBO, AM, MM, DM, etc. An Asset custodian may be an ABO. TLCS are mostly SBOs Some BSMs are SBOs and AMs

I dont know if i have been able to answer your question. If i haven't, please re-word the question so i can answer to the best of my ability.

3. Are they also considered the same as Support staff as seen in Access Bank? Not professional banker like those that went to training school?

They are full time staff or professional staff if i am to borrow your language. Like i said, they are entitled to full benefits of the bank.

4. When converted to full staff from the above roles, does it mean that, the successful candidates will also be trained in the bank training school just like the Graduate trainees that resumes as ABO?

I do not understand the question. They are already full time staff. They are not converting into anything. They don't go to training school like Graduate trainees. They learn on the Job. The bank also schedules other many professional and career trainings for them in the course of their employment. I hope this clarifies? If it doesn't, please let me know.

5. If Question 4 is Yes, will the converted staff be able to make it to the apex of banking careers, like becoming General Manager/ Regional managers and probably CEOs or they have a different career path in the bank that’s different from those that enters the bank as ABO?

I know the Head of one of a major dept in the bank personally (i don't want to mention his name here). He started out as a cleaner in the bank. Go and read the story of Sim Tshabalala who is the joint Chief Executive of the Standard Bank Group and Chief Executive of Standard Bank South Africa (Stanbic IBTC is a member of the standard bank group).

So, regardless of how you joined the bank, you can become the CE. grin

6. what range of salary should a CSO/ATM/Asset custodian candidates without any banking experience be expecting when fully employed. I hope this isn’t a personal question?

The salary range as i know it used to be 180k for BTA 1grade who are newbies who joined the bank without experience (Not graduate trainees o)

BTA 2 is 254k if you are BT 2 and you get promoted to ABO, your salary climbs to about 400. Meanwhile, Graduate trainees who become ABO get 350k.

please note that these salaries i mentioned are NET pay. That is your take home pay. The money that enters your account after all statutory deductions.

I hope i have been able do do justice to your questions?

Also,

I have been getting lots of mails from many of you. I am trying to keep up. Bear with me.

Please note that i am responding but the mails are bouncing back. The error message is something like mailer-daemon@yahoo.com. It does not deliver.

If you need me, please mention me on this thread or reach out alternatively on love.richmond@unn.edu.ng

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Prikeji12: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
Good evening, I want to ask about Stanbic Bank, those who did interview and medical test in August as anyone been given employment letter?

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Babysuccess02(f): 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hello house, please don't be offended, I studied adult education.... I'm interested in working in a bank. But I don't have any experience whatsoever..... How do I go about it please?

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by cokeryusuf09(m): 6:59am On Sep 11, 2022
Babysuccess02:
Hello house, please don't be offended, I studied adult education.... I'm interested in working in a bank. But I don't have any experience whatsoever..... How do I go about it please?

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
if age on your side
apply for access bank opening currently going on

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by MULANO: 7:38am On Sep 11, 2022
I SELL VIRGIN WHITE/ SILVER AND RED MERCURY CONTACT ME ON: 08109441889, CALL/ WHATSAPP ME THANKS..
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by sbashir10(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Prikeji12:
Good evening, I want to ask about Stanbic Bank, those who did interview and medical test in August as anyone been given employment letter?

Some got regret mail even after medical.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Isek2: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2022
Better than not getting replied.

I haven't heard from stanbic ibtc after my interview since April

sbashir10:

Some got regret mail even after medical.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Isek2: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2022
No
Mine is since April.

Prikeji12:
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by KingClown(m): 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
Prikeji12:

no

my sister was sent a mail after the medicals that they currently dont have an available position for her after her medical. but they claimed they would keep her details for about a year if there's an available position.

doesnt make sense to me, why go through all the stress up till medicals if there's no Vacancy.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by KingClown(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
richmondefosa:

Hi.

I apologize for my late response.

Congratulations to your sister for completing her medicals.
She's as good as getting the offer already.

What should she expect? This question is vague. You'll have to streamline it.

Will she be posted to a branch? I wouldn't know.
She might be posted to a branch or she'll be made a regional custodian. Regional custodian are incharge of off-site ATMs in a particular region. (off-site ATMs are ATMs that aren't in bank branches. They're found in malls or supermarkets or eateries)

Each branch is under a region and each region is under a zone. So if she's a regional custodian, she will be moving from point A to point B troubleshooting ATMs.

The salary depends on the Grade she's given. I have explained earlier in the thread the grades and the salaries attached.

You can grow in any position you find yourself in the bank.

hey thanks for all of your input.

some weeks after my sisters medicals, she was sent a mail that she passed the entire process but they currently dont have a Vacancy for the role she applied.

they claimed her credentials would be kept for a period of one year pending position becomes available.

my sister was sad, but why put people through the whole stress if there's no Vacancy?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by gwininfo(m): 8:19am On Sep 17, 2022
Wow
I have gotten to medical stage with access bank for a graduate trainee role.....who has any idea of access bank salary structure ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65