Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 (50960 Views)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022 / Southampton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 22nd August 2021 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 29th May 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by omotola90(m): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
OgaRico:

Make no mistake man,Lukaku is and will always be Lukaku.
Even the Series A he went to and supposingly got rejuvenated,it was a 36 years old player that won the golden boot.
The guy is not a player that can withstand too much attention and deliver under pressure especially when the English press will start pointing their torch on his price tag.
don't think so.... He's more of a team player.... He won the golden Boot last season

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Broveens42(m): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lesson taken
Lukaku is a strong presence upfront . His hold up play and touches is superb

TT is a genius and may not start Lukaku against teams like mancity
Expect something like Werner harvetz mount

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by openmine(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
Jibabs2:
Na lie oo. Him must finish the season oo�
Na by force? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Mangekyo: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
Just returning from view center.
Arsenal fans, you guys should lucky with getting away with 0-2. Otherwise, on a different day, it would've been 4+.
Leno is a good keeper ngl. It's been a while since I saw a keeper who managed to keep out a well taken header. Lukaku was unlucky not to have scored at least 3+ goals today. He's a best. By far the strongest striker ATM.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by NigeriaLimited: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
Davoneskay:

I owe you something if Chelsea win.

Davoneskay match don end
Chelsea won

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by GardenOfGod(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
I @lways like you when it comes to The Blues,
When it's politics we are two he@ds of a dice.
Up Blues.
post=105069959:
END OF MATCH.

6 points out of 6.

Yet to concede a goal this season.

BLUES FOR LIFE.

See yall later guys.

Time to celebrate with some Barbecue.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by BAVOSKI(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
Angelfrost:
Once there is a player to cross neatly and accurately, Chelsea has nothing to worry about. Lukaku will take care of the rest!

That 95 Million might not be a waste after all... Werner should take notes!!!
I swear �❤️�

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Aldebaran(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
Someone please show some love

Arsenal Chelsea e cut

Man.u straight win e cut

Show small love .. my vision don dey blurry tanks to excess intake of yellow garri drinking

Sapa nice one cry cry

Modified : please don't just like and share make una ask for aza cry

Sapa nice one SNO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by nemynely(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
This season, arsenal is surely going to finish outside of the top 10.
They were simply out classed.
My worry is for Chelsea though, because I hope the opportunities they missed to garner an intimidating goals aggregate wouldn't come back to haunt them in future.
This is the reason I duff my hat for Pep. He arms himself with a guillotine on every match day and doesn't hesitate to deploy it on days such as this.
Ideally today's match score should have read
0 - 11.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
E dey pain sha.
Thank God I no even watch the match.
But I remain a Gunner
Abeg make una no dey troll us sad

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Hespee93: 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
Arsenal!!!!!

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
Arteta is just breaking Arsenal record in negative sides.
Arsenal has never played two opening matches without scoring.
He is supposed to be sacked immediately with all recruiting staffs that bought Ben White for 50m

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Reference(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
Angelfrost:

Wenger virus?!! Kindly clarify that term please.

Wenger has nothing to do with this embarrassment... Truth be told, this same team won't be this abysmal under Wenger.

Wenger did nothing to support the bold proposals of Alisher Usmanov to invest massively in the club back then but rather sided with Stan Kroenke to run the club on a shoe string budget principally by selling players to raise revenue and reduce the club's wage bill in his latter years.

While we all agree that keeping a club in the black in the face of financial fair play is important, tell me which of Europe's elite clubs is not beyond its spending limits. Usmanov had the resources but Kroenke will not divest but rather found an ally In Wenger who will frequently make excuses for him.

Look at what Conte did with Intermilan last season. He saw the divestment coming and threatened to walk away. That is what Wenger should have done all those years. He had the Ferguson type of clout at Arsenal but unlike Sir Alex he would not make stout demands for proper funding or force management decisions when it mattered. This was Wenger's own making. How will you sit by and watch your best talent leave without like replacement and say nothing. Was Wenger a shareholder for heavens sake? The fans demanded frequently for proper talent but he kept on making excuses for management.

When that sort of behavour grips a club or any organisation such top heavy power positing can become entrenched as a culture. That is the Wenger virus I talk about. And it affected Freddie and Emery after. That is why the Arsenal board will NEVER go for a manager with a stout personality, to stand up to management and tell them the truth. Carlo Ancelotti was available but they knew he will make demands they cannot accept so they prefer gaffers they can push around.

It is only in the last year that the stark realities of the destruction their practices have caused to the club that they are trying to splash the cash but alas every club smells their desperation and is selling at cut throat prices. They are paying top dollar today for average talent because of the Wenger virus.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Iseddy: 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
OgaRico:

Even the Series A he went to and supposingly got rejuvenated,it was a 36 years old player that won the golden boot.
The guy is not a player that can withstand too much attention and deliver under pressure especially when the English press will start pointing their torch on his price tag.
From what I observed, lukaku is a team player and not an individual player. As long as he's team is winning no problem. You can see the way he was creating space for others to explore.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Tolarnizzy116(m): 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Pls if you think your life is in a critical situation and about to gv up,just remember arsenal is facing man city next week grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by phemmyfour: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
OgaRico:

Lukaku is a team player, create chances for his team mates as well. His presence is a problem for defenders. He doesn't get into offside position unnecessarily like Timo Werner

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by ManirBK: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Chelsea Top of the table! Comot for road agbero manunited!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by heniford2: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
smalldoctor:
Forget Arsenal yor real test is Liverpool next weekend
okey oh sabi na 11 players no woman going to play abi, sabi. Na dick to dick no pussy abi undecided no wahala we dey full ground
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by heniford2: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
Tolarnizzy116:
Pls if you think your life is in a critical situation and about to gv up,just remember arsenal is facing man city next week grin grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by thoollz: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
Highlights from the game

Chelsea played well tbh, yes arsenal were on the back foot in the 1st half, but that's the beauty of the game, you slack, you get whacked.

Arsenal has a proper LB (Tavares), he should be in the starting 11 while an in form Saka should be used as a LW/LM depending on the formation. If this was done from the beginning of the game, it would have been a difficult game for Chelsea.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Reference:

Wenger did nothing to support the bold proposals of Alisher Usmanov to invest massively in the club back then but rather sided with Stan Kroenke to run the club on a shoe string budget principally by selling players to raise revenue and reduce the club's wage bill in his latter years.

While we all agree that keeping a club in the black in the face of financial fair play is important, tell me which of Europe's elite clubs is not beyond its spending limits. Usmanov had the resources but Kroenke will not divest but rather found an ally In Wenger who will frequently make excuses for him.

Look at what Conte did with Intermilan last season. He saw the divestment coming and threatened to walk away. That is what Wenger should have done all those years. He had the Ferguson type of clout at Arsenal but unlike Sir Alex he would not make stout demands for proper funding or force management decisions when it mattered. This was Wenger's own making. How will you sit by and watch your best talent leave without like replacement and say nothing. Was Wenger a shareholder for heavens sake? The fans demanded frequently for proper talent but he kept on making excuses for management.

When that sort of behavour grips a club or any organisation such top heavy power positing can become entrenched as a culture. That is the Wenger virus I talk about. And it affected Freddie and Emery after. That is why the Arsenal board will NEVER go for a manager with a stout personality, to stand up to management and tell them the truth. Carlo Ancelotti was available but they knew he will make demands they cannot accept so they prefer gaffers they can push around.

It is only in the last year that the stark realities of the destruction their practices have caused to the club that they are trying to splash the cash but alas every club smells their desperation and is selling at cut throat prices. They are paying top dollar today for average talent because of the Wenger virus.

Hmmm... I see. Great analysis. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Asiseeit: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
flexyrule:
Still beats my imagination how Kante is not on the starting eleven?

Recovering from a slight niggle
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by NigeriaLimited: 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
9jaBloke:
This is the last straw....I'm done with Arsenal cry cry cry
Straw don break

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 22nd August 2021 by Broveens42(m): 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
phemmyfour:
Lukaku is a team player, create chances for his team mates as well. His presence is a problem for defenders. He doesn't get into offside position unnecessarily like Timo Werner

A combination of Werner and lukaku could be lethal
I trust TT to thinker a combo for both

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 / Lyon vs Bayern Munich: UCL (0 - 3) On 19th August 2020 / West Brom Vs Chelsea - 3 - 3 On 26th September 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.