Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo (10773 Views)

IPOB: Brutal Dictator In The South East - David Hundeyin / Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / The Political Careers Obasanjo Ruined, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
otipoju:

I realised this like 12 years ago. And then i concluded there was no absolutely hope for Nigeria. The problem was our mindset. Horrible delight in oppressing others. I started making plans to leave and leave i did.

That's good.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Monogamy:
Make I add to it.
Average Nigerians are hypocrites, self centered and opportunists
Gbam! No arguments. That's why the country can never move forward because the concept of the "greater good" is alien and mysterious to the average Nigerian.

Tufia.

2 Likes

Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Thermodynamics:
Tired of this Country, tired of complaining, I'm just tired.
Why was I even born in this Country.

Below is a picture of a village in Denmark.

May God punish all the politicians that are making life unbearable for the youth, especially for those of us who don't want to go into anything illegal just to survive angry

Honestly oh.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
infogeneral:
The writer is on point! Majority of Nigerians are hypocritical, greedy, self-centered, corrupt and wicked. That's why we continue to produce the same type of leaders. The behaviours of our leaders are a reflection of who we are as a people.
Exactly, Leaders come and go and they stay in office for a limited time. These same leaders are the product of the general society.
You can't expect a dysfunctional society to produce quality leaders. Mbanu it doesn't happen anywhere.
Life always ensures that everyone get that which they truly deserve.

1 Like

Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
TWLifestyle:
thank you ! people that want to be spoonfed by Nigeria but do not want to sacrifice anything In return . No intehrity , are ready to steal in any position they find themselves but will be shouting govt is corrupt - as if they are any more honest than a government official .
They are quick to point accusing fingers at those in power because their mischievousness and maliciousness are visible to all and sundry but they themselves pointing these accusing fingers are no better off.
Enter streets and see how people misbehave they always want to cheat and outdo each other .
Tufia.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

He was actually refering to idiots like you, you just proved his writeup was evidently referring to empty skulls like you, Subsequently, it is evident by the ignoramous display of unguarded the irredeemable stupidity personalized in your attitude.

Just re-read the nonesense you typed up there...#spits.

You cannot avail yourself on an intelligent discussion without resulting into throwing tantrums like a cursed fellow...another #spit.

Infact, bring that your head...
You see it now.

Tufia
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
Rolly22:

Your own better ohh, Honestly our mentality is very Depressing.
Extremely.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
I support everything he wrote up there after reading the first 4 paragraphs.

Nigerians are self centered monsters.

But basically unintelligible..

Problem creators, not solvers.

I couldn't agree less. Especially at the bolded.
Major reason I have quietly distanced myself from alot of folks.
Me and stewpidity nor get meeting point.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
Caleycashh:
An average Nigerian is inherently full of hypocrisy, double standard and emotionally manipulating... Criminals!
I couldn't agree less.
This is why I thoroughly scrutinize my every associations with a lot of the average folks occupying this geographical clime.
If you don't pass my litmus test. We have no business being close associates.
I hate nonsenxe.

2 Likes

Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Rick9(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
I just couldn't agree less with the writer.
I wished I could see more mentally stimulating and intelligible posts like these frequently on NL.

2 Likes

Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Goke7: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Beancounter94:

For every nice thing they have in Denmark they pay a tax rate of 46% with a tax to gdp ratio of 46%
Nigeria has a tax rate of 24% or less with a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1%. Plus only 30% of the taxable population actually pays taxes
Danish gdp is also higher than Nigerian gdp.

But if the government wants to go that high you guys will complain.

When they tell you to do the work to change your economy from oil dependent to industrial dependency you guys will say it is too hard.

And before you start I don't like APC or pdp. But you guys have to be realistic. You cannot have a Ferrari at the price of a bicycle

oga the tax thing is simple, just enforce it with equity and justice without sacred guys and favouritism and people will pay. Nobody in any part of the world wants to pay tax but when you have no option than to pay, you will surely pay.

Are you aware that from the president to the governors and national assembly members do not pay tax at all according to our yeye constitution, how can those who make tax laws do not pay tax themselves according to the same law. We got to fix that bruv
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by rhektor(m): 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
philo04:
Every man for himself that is the nature of politics

God for us all
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Higgies(m): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/the-dictator-in-every-nigerian-by-fredrick-nwabufo/
I love the article.
The writer is endowed.
I write too during my uni days.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
Goke7:

oga the tax thing is simple, just enforce it with equity and justice without sacred guys and favouritism and people will pay. Nobody in any part of the world wants to pay tax but when you have no option than to pay, you will surely pay.

Are you aware that from the president to the governors and national assembly members do not pay tax at all according to our yeye constitution, how can those who make tax laws do not pay tax themselves according to the same law. We got to fix that bruv

Who told you that they don't pay tax.

Also if the big men pay more in tax, which is something I support and that includes them politicians including pmb it may yield more money but it would still not be enough.

We need to also raise our GDP which is where changing from oil dependency to industrial dependency comes in.

Finally it isn't the big men alone. 70% of the taxable population don't pay taxes. We use oil money and loans, which we take when the oil prices are too low to sustain us to fund our budget.

Our budget is 26 billion USD. Reserves is 35 billion USD. South Africa has a higher tax to gdp ratio, a more industrial and capitalist economy and a budget of 100 billion USD.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Positiveme2020: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hard truth.
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Caleycashh: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
Rick9:

I couldn't agree less.
This is why I thoroughly scrutinize my every associations with a lot of the average folks occupying this geographical clime.
If you don't pass my litmus test. We have no business being close associates.
I hate nonsenxe.
100% bro!
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by cooooooks(m): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
Beancounter, this makes no sense.

I had a conversation recently with a friend and their dad on this.

We compared plantain price in Nigeria and Canada.

Nigeria produces plantains, Canada imports (I believe from South America.

Say a Nigerian spends N1000 on 5 fingers of good sized plantain.

A Canadian would spend $4 on the same 5 fingers. (~$1/lb). At exchange of $1/N400 = N1600.

The same Nigerian earns N80,000 a month. Equivalent to $200 a month.

The lowest paid Canadian earns $200 (NET) after 2.5 days of work.

Who is gaining and who is losing?

Similar calculations can be done on housing, vehicles, education.
Beancounter94:

For every nice thing they have in Denmark they pay a tax rate of 46% with a tax to gdp ratio of 46%
Nigeria has a tax rate of 24% or less with a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1%. Plus only 30% of the taxable population actually pays taxes
Danish gdp is also higher than Nigerian gdp.

But if the government wants to go that high you guys will complain.

When they tell you to do the work to change your economy from oil dependent to industrial dependency you guys will say it is too hard.

And before you start I don't like APC or pdp. But you guys have to be realistic. You cannot have a Ferrari at the price of a bicycle
Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by AfriqueDuZuid: 6:30am On Aug 14, 2021
Beancounter94:

Who told you that they don't pay tax.

Also if the big men pay more in tax, which is something I support and that includes them politicians including pmb it may yield more money but it would still not be enough.

We need to also raise our GDP which is where changing from oil dependency to industrial dependency comes in.

Finally it isn't the big men alone. 70% of the taxable population don't pay taxes. We use oil money and loans, which we take when the oil prices are too low to sustain us to fund our budget.

Our budget is 26 billion USD. Reserves is 35 billion USD. South Africa has a higher tax to gdp ratio, a more industrial and capitalist economy and a budget of 100 billion USD.

$150 billion

1 Like

Re: The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2021
cooooooks:
Beancounter, this makes no sense.

I had a conversation recently with a friend and their dad on this.

We compared plantain price in Nigeria and Canada.

Nigeria produces plantains, Canada imports (I believe from South America.

Say a Nigerian spends N1000 on 5 fingers of good sized plantain.

A Canadian would spend $4 on the same 5 fingers. (~$1/lb). At exchange of $1/N400 = N1600.

The same Nigerian earns N80,000 a month. Equivalent to $200 a month.

The lowest paid Canadian earns $200 (NET) after 2.5 days of work.

Who is gaining and who is losing?

Similar calculations can be done on housing, vehicles, education.

1.I am not talking about individual earnings.

2.Overall, we cannot have nice things, so to speak, because

a) Most of our income comes from selling raw materials, whose prices we don't control....and whose prices are not at a level that can sustain us.

Right now, oil is our major earner. Our breakeven price right now is $133. Oil is at 70 dollars today. To make up the difference, loans have to be taken

b) Our tax to gdp ratio is 6.1% It is so low that we aren't earning enough income at all

c) As this BBC report put it...

1n 2018, 19 million Nigerians paid into federal or state coffers, according to government data.

A World Bank report in that year put the country's economically active population at 65 million - so even with rising numbers of taxpayers in recent years, that is still less than 30% paying tax

d) GDP is low.

Compare with Denmark which has a higher tax to gdp ratio, a higher percentage of people paying tax, a higher gdp overall...which derives from a diversified economy. Same as for Canada.

I agree our leaders are a bad lot, and have refrained from voting for both major parties since democracy came back. But one thing I see on this site, are people demanding the standard of living of an industrial nation...on a very low income from tax and a one trick pony economy.

That ain't possible.

P.S Canada produces a lot of industrial products whose prices it can control...and as such earns a lot of money to buy our plantains and such like. And anyway, we aren't the only ones selling plantains to them, and there isn't much of a demand for plantains in Canada as far as I know.

PS.2 Not every Canadian earns 200 dollars net, and not every Nigerian sells plantains aborad anyway. And while we have a lot of plantain and banana exporters, we ain't in the top 10...Cameroon and Ghana are....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG / UK Parliament Debate Petition For Sanction Against Human Rights Abuse In Nigeria / Kyari May Spend More Days In Detention As NDLEA Approaches Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.