Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? (1080 Views)

Christians Who Practice JEWISH CHRISTAINITY Assemble Here / Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hello everyone. I have always wondered if there's a section on nairaland for those who practice Judaism like myself. I've not met anyone here who is into Judaism. If you're a Jew, pls signify sad undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fucktensei:
Hello everyone. I have always wondered if there's a section on nairaland for those who practice Judaism like myself. I've not met anyone here who is into Judaism. If you're a Jew, pls signify sad undecided
Technically amajority Nigerians are of Gentile roots to begin with, and so unable to practice Judaism this because they do not have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins. undecided

And according to God, only those who are of the blood of Jacob are jews - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. It is not a title anyone can take you actually have to be born as one. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by ozome15(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Technically amajority Nigerians are of Gentile roots to begin with, and so unable to practice Judaism this because they do not have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins. undecided

And according to God, only those who are of the blood of Jacob are jews - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. It is not a title anyone can take you actually have to be born as one. undecided
How will one know if he/she is of jacob blood as jew.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:

but there are synagogues in Nigeria where people practice Judaism. Go to Jikwoyi and ask for Ghihon Synagogue. There's also Chabad too
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
ozome15:

How will one know if he/she is of jacob blood as jew.
Your ancestry or DNA has to trace back to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ofcourse. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fucktensei:
but there are synagogues in Nigeria where people practice Judaism. Go to Jikwoyi and ask for Ghihon Synagogue. There's also Chabad too
Synagogues mean nothing where what is required is that the blood that flows in your veins be that of Jacob, Israel himself. undecided

For all you know those who worship in those synagogues are all of them gentiles . God will never give that which belongs to His people, Israel, to the gentiles and this is an everlasting Covenant that God made. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Synagogues mean nothing where what is required is that the blood that flows in your veins be that of Jacob, Israel himself. undecided

For all you know those who worship in those synagogues are all of them gentiles . God will never give that which belongs to His people, Israel, to the gentiles and this is an everlasting Covenant that God made. undecided
but Judaism focuses on God principles primarily! If you believe in one indivisible God, that means you're a Jew
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:

?ישראל I also read the Tanakh too
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fucktensei:
but Judaism focuses on God principles primarily! If you believe in one indivisible God, that means you're a Jew
Wrong! The Principles you speak of were given ONLY to those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins and this as Law in the land of Canaan. - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. What this means is that only the Jews can benefit from following these principles and particularly in the land of Canaan. undecided

A Gentile is excluded from this agreement by God Himself so he follows these same principles in futility - his worship vain since he assumes God a fool for deciding against him in the first place. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fucktensei:
?ישראל I also read the Tanakh too
I have read the Tanakh as well but that does not make me a jew. I am of Gentile birth and remain one till death. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by oranget(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Deuteronomy 30:15-20
[15]“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil,
[16]in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.
[17]But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them,
[18]I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess.
[19]I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
[20]that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

I can't see anywhere where God said only those that have the blood of Jacob running in their veins are Jews. Could you please elaborate.
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
oranget:

Deuteronomy 30:15-20
[15]“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil,
[16]in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.
[17]But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them,
[18]I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess.
[19]I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
[20]that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

I can't see anywhere where God said only those that have the blood of Jacob running in their veins are Jews. Could you please elaborate.
God tells you in that passage that the Covenant is an eternal Covenant between Himself and those who are of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, does He not? undecided

What does it mean to be descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
In Dominion City, we observe all Jewish feast & calendar.

Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by oranget(m): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God tells you in that passage that the Covenant is an eternal Covenant between Himself and those who are of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, does He not? undecided

What does it mean to be descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? undecided
I understand what it means to be descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob what I don't understand is where it is mentioned in that passage that only the descendants can be Jews. I only see a warning for them not to turn away from God.
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
oranget:

I understand what it means to be descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob what I don't understand is where it is mentioned in that passage that only the descendants can be Jews. I only see a warning for them not to turn away from God.
The term "Jews" as used in the Bible is used to refer to those descended from Jacob, is it not? undecided

And in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, God addresses those who are descended from Jacob, does He not? undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by oranget(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The term "Jews" as used in the Bible is used to refer to those descended from Jacob, is it not? undecided

And in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, God addresses those who are descended from Jacob, does He not? undecided
And in Exodus 12:48, God allowed willing foreigners to partake in Passover that is meant for Jews provided they are circumcised.
This makes anybody willing and is circumcised a Jew.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have read the Tanakh as well but that does not make me a jew. I am of Gentile birth and remain one till death. undecided
which part of the Tanakh?
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
oranget:

And in Exodus 12:48, God allowed willing foreigners to partake in Passover that is meant for Jews provided they are circumcised.
This makes anybody willing and is circumcised a Jew.
Foreigners , who lived among the children of Israel were not excluded by God from all aspects of His Old Covenant Law. undecided

Ofcourse they were not included in all aspects of the Law, including the blessings and promises of the Old Covenant Law, again this by God Himself. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fucktensei:
which part of the Tanakh?
Pretty much all of it, why? undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Greatzeus(m): 2:22am On Aug 14, 2021
Fucktensei:
Who told you you practice Judaism? Do you even know what it means to practice Judaism? Tell us one act of worship you have engaged in,in your life that remotely links you to Judaism. A chief priest, animal sacrifices, Strict adherence to the 10 commandments, thousands of other traditional/religious laws, tithings and presence of a synagogue are at the centre of Judaism.
You have no idea of what you are saying, read the book of Leviticus before coming here to claim what you're not.
In Judaism breaking the Sabbath alone attracts murder, breaking the Sabbath means doing any physical activities,you can't even walk more than few meters the whole day or else you're guilty,
Not engaging in the 3 major feast also attracts curses to your life.
How many times have you made a burnt offerings or meat offerings or peace offerings or trepass offerings to the Lord?
Did I mention that only the Levites can officiate in a synagogue according to the book of Leviticus and only the descendants of Aaron can be priests?
Stop deceiving yourself, Judaism is a bondage that you can't be 1% faithful to? Like if just 1% out of 100 is the score card for being a faithful adherent of Judaism,you won't score that 1% grin
What do you want to prove exactly trying to practice Judaism,infact it would make more sense if you came here to tell me you're a traditional worshipper of idols,at least you can meet up,not trying to be something or do something that's practically impossible to achieve.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Telekinetic: 12:36am On Feb 06, 2022
Fucktensei:
How can I go about converting to Judaism? There aren’t many gogues in this country.
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 6:56am On Feb 06, 2022
Telekinetic:

How can I go about converting to Judaism? There aren’t many gogues in this country.
You can't. You have to live in the land of Canaan, among the children of Israel, to come even close to God's Old Covenant Law - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

That Law was in fact given as a Constitution of sorts by God to the Nation of Israel. He made a Nation of Isreal and the Old Covenant was meant as the National constitution from God to the Nation, an eternal Covenant. undecided
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Telekinetic:

do you live in Abuja? Check Chabad Synagogue in Jabi, Gihon Synagogue is in Jikwoyi. When you get there, you can ask them that
Re: Is There A Section Here For Jews Or Those Who Practice Judaism On Nairaland? by Fucktensei: 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Telekinetic:

also visit bejewish.org

You can get more information there

(1) (Reply)

Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. / A Man Get Stuck In A Truck(Africa Juju Is Real) / Atiku Out Of The Presidential Race What S Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.