Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy (1796 Views)

Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) / Gov Dickson Accuses Military Hierarchy Of Compromising Security In Bayelsa Poll / I Will Investigate The Military Hierarchy Over Boko Haram– Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Ikpeyi: 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2021
Magic1:

Imagine the number of fighter jets aboard an aircraft carrier, the damning sight of a Naval destroyer ship, not to talk of sub marines.

I no even remember aircraft carrier and submarines... Navy be the real raw power of any nation...
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Magic1: 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
compton11:
Stupid ass service chiefs

Wetin them do you? Lol
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Magic1: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ikpeyi:

I no even remember aircraft carrier and submarines... Navy be the real strength of raw power.

Swears
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by compton11(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
Magic1:

Wetin them do you? Lol
cos anything securityagencies or ministries Nigeria created,the way tbey used to run it don't make sense.
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
Magic1:

Did you say Air Force controls land? Please stop na.

The Army ruthlessly commands the entire military. Ground force is the core of the Army, the Navy repels attack from the water while the Air Force provides support from the air.

Have you heard of shooting range?

The Army takes/trains both the Navy and Air force in shooting range.

Ikpeyi:

I no even remember aircraft carrier and submarines... Navy be the real strength of raw power.

Hummm,
So let's assume Airforce and Navy wan fight war.
Are you saying Navy will win Airforce?

Just an assumption
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Magic1: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
compton11:
cos anything securityagencies or ministries Nigeria created,the way tbey used to run it don't make sense.

My take on the security situation in Nigeria is that there’s serious compromise here and there.
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Magic1: 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Hummm,
So let's assume Airforce and Navy wan fight war.
Are you saying Navy will win Airforce?

Just an assumption

Nothing can ever lead to that. The military is one big family though the Army still belittles the Navy and the Airforce.

In wars, there are couple things you consider and these includes: military equipment and armament. The Navy have more man power compared to the Air Force. The Nigerian Navy has more Naval base compared to the Airforce. It will interest you to know that the Army and Navy also have planes/jets and have their own pilots.
Even in the Army, we have the amphibious unit and they are special forces that fight in water.
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2021
Magic1:

Nothing can ever lead to that. The military is one big family though the Army still belittles the Navy and the Airforce.

In wars, there are couple things you consider and these includes: military equipment and armament. The Navy have more man power compared to the Air Force. The Nigerian Navy has more Naval base compared to the Airforce. It will interest you to know that the Army and Navy also have planes/jets and have their own pilots.
Even in the Army, we have the amphibious unit and they are special forces that fight in water.

Oh, alright
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Magic1: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Oh, alright

Peace
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by TotoGame(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2021
Magic1:

I wonder where you got this info from. In Nigeria, the Navy comes second in hierarchy whereas the Nigerian Navy was established in 1956 while the Nigerian Army was established in 1960 and the Air Force in 1964.

Are you aware that the Chief of Army Staff can question the Chief of Naval Staff assuming he (Army Chief) arrives first in an event before the Chief of Naval Staff? Same goes to the Chief of Air Staff if the Naval Chief arrives before him. Meanwhile, they all may be course mates in NDA.

Who told you nigerian army was established in 1960 Go dust your history textbook or better still google is your friend

The chief of army staff can question the naval chief or airforce cheif as what ?
Aren't you awear the army chief is the youngest service cheif being from 37RC in NDA while navy cheif is 36RC... while air chief is 35RC

Even as army chief....lt.Gen yahaya still salutes others service chiefs first cus the seniority is still there ...the listing stuff and arrival of service chiefs is nothing but mere protocol

See my friend....you know almost nothing about the military....
Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by Magic1: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
TotoGame:

Who told you nigerian army was established in 1960 Go dust your history textbook or better still google is your friend

The chief of army staff can question the naval chief or airforce cheif as what ?
Aren't you awear the army chief is the youngest service cheif being from 37RC in NDA while navy cheif is 36RC... while air chief is 35RC

Even as army chief....lt.Gen yahaya still salutes others service chiefs first cus the seniority is still there ...the listing stuff and arrival of service chiefs is nothing but mere protocol

See my friend....you know almost nothing about the military....

I was to create another thread on the current Army Chief who is a course 37RC and this is owing to his appointment after the death of Lt. Gen. Attahiru while the Naval and Air Chiefs are 36RC.

My article isn’t based on this current formation where the Army Chief is the youngest and courtesy demands that he salutes his seniors (Naval and Air Chiefs). Having said this, don’t be surprised if the Naval and Air Chiefs are relieved of their appointment before December because of this anomaly.

Please see Google search below on the establishments of the various military services.

I’m very sure you are referring to 1863 when Lt. Glover of the Royal Navy selected 18 indigenes from the Northern part of the country and organized them into a local force named “Hausa Constabulary”, performing the duties of both the Police and military for Lagos colonial government.

Re: The Service Chiefs And The Military Hierarchy by TotoGame(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
Magic1:

I was to create another thread on the current Army Chief a course 37RC and this is owing to his appointment after the death of Lt. Gen. Yahaya while the Naval and Air Chiefs are 36RC.

My article isn’t based on this current formation where the Army Chief is the youngest and courtesy demands that he salutes his seniors (Naval and Air Chiefs). Having said this, don’t be surprised if the Naval and Air Chiefs are relieved of their appointment before December because of this anomaly.

Please see Google search below.

I’m very sure you are referring to 1863 when Lt. Glover of the Royal Navy selected 18 indigenes from the Northern part of the country and and organized them into a local force named “Hausa Constabulary”, performing the duties of both the Police and military for Lagos colonial government.

You are the one that needs to get your facts right.

Alaye there is no anomality there .... even during buratai's tenure he was the youngest service chief being from 29RC ...navy chief then was 26rc... then airforce chief AM SB abubakar was a DSSC officer and when he converted to Regular...he became mates with the 27RC because he was enlisted same year with them

It's only the CDS that must be senior to all the service chiefs

Then as for the Nigerian army year of establishment.,.1960 was just the year it was officially named nigerian army ....the army has been in existence.... even during the colonial days ....that's why all the past military head of states where all army officers cus the navy and airforce are still young then ...with few officers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sit At Home; A Joke Taken Too Far / If APC Fields Amaechi And PDP Fields Anyim Who Will Igbos Vote / BREAKING: Wike Reject Offer To Be Atiku’s Running Mate [WATCH VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.