Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South (1396 Views)

Ibrahim Abdulkareem: Peter Obi Will Get More Votes From North Than South / Are There More People In The North Than In The South? / Gej Performed Well On Education In The North Than Buhari -picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Elbinawi: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
There is More Religious Tolerance in the North than in the South

Some people will be surprise with this topic but this is the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

An Igbo Muslim brother made this observation:

"I study in ABU Zaria. I can count reasonable number of churches and Chapels inside the campus but goto UNN or even Unizik in Awka. You can barely see any mosque there in the campus and later you will open your mouth & spew nonsense about the North not been religious tolerant."

Truth be told there is more religious tolerance in the Muslim-majority states of the North than in the Christian-majority states of the South. We should exclude the South West states from this analysis as that region has 50-50 Muslim/Christian population.

It is easier to build a Church in Sokoto state than to build a Mosque in Ebony state. There are presently hundreds of Churches in Zamfara state, a state with 98% Muslim majority but there are no 20 Mosques in Ebony state.

Even in Borno state despite the more than 10 years BokoHaram insurgency, there are hundreds of Churches there.

And a Nigerian Muslim sister has this to say:

"I have never asked a Christian why she is not covering her hair but I can’t count how many times Christians disturb me about my Hijab."

Western Civilization is a choice and not a standard of judgement and measurement. If a Muslim sister chose the Hijab that is her right. Western dressing is not an obligation. It is not a must to dress like Jennifer Lopez and it should not be a norm or a standard.

Our major problem in the North is religious extremism and not religious tolerance. Wahhabi extremism and Sunni extremism exist in the North. Wahhabi extremism gave rise to Al-Qaeda, ISIS and BokoHaram while Sunni extremism gave rise to Buhari gang of bloodthirsty killers who are notorious Shia killers.

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by optionalY09: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
grin i just love smiling
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by SportsHD: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2021
The northerns are regular people just like us. They just have their ways and we have ours.
Ain't no difference between us. And yeah, there's love and peace between citizens in the north than in the south.
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Mutemenot(m): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
so you brought this topic to clear your guilty conscience ... you must have harboured plenty grievance against Christians, next na to bomb their churches ....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Monogamy: 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Yinmu.

Are there no Muslims in Southern Nigeria? Why are they not throwing bomb like Boko haram?

Even as how fanatic Prof Akintola is, he prefers to hide behind his keyboard cos he understands life is precious in Southern Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by drignet(m): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
Tomorrow you will still count turkey as Muslim country with 98% ..... And saying bla bla bla.... Try and go back to origin of a place and know if those Islam re already accepted which shows tolerance and why must they refused to accept others...
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Millimann: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
Elbinawi:

"I study in ABU Zaria. I can count reasonable number of churches and Chapels inside the campus but goto UNN or even Unizik in Awka. You can barely see any mosque there in the campus and later you will open your mouth & spew nonsense about the North not been religious tolerant."

I don't think this argument is solid enough.

Are they going to build the mosque for you? Did you try to build your mosque and they stopped you.

Now, the reason for the disparity is that the southern Christians travel more than the northern Muslims so it's easy for them to build their churches everywhere.

Using NYSC as an example, how many northern Muslims do they post out of the northern states, but you will see southern Christians being posted as far as Bornu State. In UNN and Unizik that were mentioned, how many Muslims are in those schools? But they still have their small mosques there though not as big as the churches. Then, go to the ABU Zaria, you will see many Christians there.

9 Likes

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by IJOBA11: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
OMO DEM DON USE THIS ONE BRAIN ARRANGE YAM PORRIDGE sad

WHERE IS EL ZAK ZAKI

WHY WAS HE BEHIND BARS FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS

WHO KILLED THOUSANDS OF SHIA WORSHIPPERS

IGBOS DON RENT SHOP FOR THIS MAI GIDA HEAD grin

IGBOS ON THIS FORUM LISTEN AND LISTEN GOOD, SHIA MUSLIMS ARE THE MAIN TERRORISTS.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PITY SHIA MUSLIMS.

2 Likes

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by SensetionalGoal(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
Oya bmc crew your food is served... grin
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by IJOBA11: 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:
Yinmu.

Are there no Muslims in Southern Nigeria? Why are they not throwing bomb like Boko haram?

Even as how fanatic Prof Akintola is, he prefers to hide behind his keyboard cos he understands life is precious in Southern Nigeria
DEY WHINE YOURSELF THERE MAI GIDA grin
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by TarOrfeeek: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
Since they released El Zakazy you have pitched your tent back with the oppressors.

When they kidnap him again, you'll start looking for allies.

That's why you oppressed minority in the North don't deserve pity.

You allow yourselves be used to form a political majority, when your Fulani overlords strike - you'll run down South to beg for mercy.

GTFOH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by yuping(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
From your assessment true, tell one northern babe say u like and your from the East na there kasala go burst, the entire Muslim brothers go judge her like she stole from their fore fathers. The truth is northerners addly study outside so this contribute to not having any structure inside the institution, and the westerners that are Muslim care less we all no the we the westerners are hardly Religious fanatic.
But all in all, it depends on individual mentality like me I don't care the ratio of muslin to christian or christian to Muslim as long as I can make money and have peace in that area I stay for a little and move
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
quote author=Elbinawi post=104788181]There is More Religious Tolerance in the North than in the South

Some people will be surprise with this topic but this is the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

Truth be told there is more religious tolerance in the Muslim-majority states of the North than in the Christian-majority states of the South. We should exclude the South West states from this analysis as that region has 50-50 Muslim/Christian population.

It is easier to build a Church in Sokoto state than to build a Mosque in Ebony state. There are presently hundreds of Churches in Zamfara state, a state with 98% Muslim majority but there are no 20 Mosques in Ebony state.

Even in Borno state despite the more than 10 years BokoHaram insurgency, there are hundreds of Churches there.

"I have never asked a Christian why she is not covering her hair but I can’t count how many times Christians disturb me about my Hijab."

Western Civilization is a choice and not a standard of judgement and measurement. If a Muslim sister chose the Hijab that is her right. Western dressing is not an obligation. It is not a must to dress like Jennifer Lopez and it should not be a norm or a standard.

Our major problem in the North is religious extremism and not religious tolerance. Wahhabi extremism and Sunni extremism exist in the North. Wahhabi extremism gave rise to Al-Qaeda, ISIS and BokoHaram while Sunni extremism gave rise to Buhari gang of bloodthirsty killers who are notorious Shia killers.

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.[/quote]
You are so smart, you are a topic wrote whatever you liked and expect us to believe you
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by house10s: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
i dont think he knows the meaning of tolerance
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by jumper524(m): 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
Our major problem in the North is religious extremism and not religious tolerance.
Exactly the problem we're facing in the north. Extremist from some bigoted illiterate individuals.
Too bad, with time we shall overcome.

1 Like

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by kayuseful: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
Elbinawi:

"I study in ABU Zaria. I can count reasonable number of churches and Chapels inside the campus but goto UNN or even Unizik in Awka. You can barely see any mosque there in the campus

That's because there are so few Muslims (2%) there. Period!

First, Sokoto has a lot of majorly Christian communities. Same with borno, and Give etc.

Second, Muslims don't build many mosques compared to Christians.
Christians because of their multidenominational nature, rccg wants to have their church, so does Anglican, living faith etc. That's why they often have much churches. Unlike Muslims, who are comfortable worshipping in one building.

E
ven in Borno state despite the more than 10 years BokoHaram insurgency, there are hundreds of Churches there.
Borno has a lot of Christian dominated communities. Don't let the media deceive you.

Nobody has issues with you wearing hijab. The problem comes when you want to attend a school built by Christians or organization with a strict dress code and force your way of life on them.
In many places in your religiously tolerant North, southern girls cannot go out without covering their head, they will be stoned. North where you cannot eat or drink what you like without being arrested..

2 Likes

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by compton11(m): 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:
Yinmu.

how is that related to what he said?
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:
Yinmu.

You need to know that the only tribe that can accept to commit suicide bombing or killing innocent people with bomb in Nigeria is Kanuri. Hausa-Fulani will never and can never accept this idea, nobody can promise any Hausa-fulani Muslims heaven just to commit suicide not even god!
If u really study the activities of BH right from inception u will learn that it's an ideology among only Kanuri tribe, initially they were able to spread across the North because people never expected BH could do what they did and since then they were identified and chased out of Northern states except the only two states dominated by Kanuri tribe (Borno and Yobe). After Borno, Kano was the worst hit state by BH terrorists and u can never see an active member of BH who isn't Kanuri and fortunately, Kanuri people can't speak Hausa fluently as such their dilect exposed them. That is why since this govt came with seriousness of fighting BH they are pushed to where they came from.
BH is a foreign agenda and foreigners identify group of people, their weaknesses before introducing them to any evil association. Naturally Kanuri are extremist not only in religious case but in real life relationship, they're pompous, they're proud, and hate all other tribes other than themselves, they see all Nigerians inferior to them but God has now brought them very low to the extent that they became displaced and started begging!
On the other hand, foreigners are using illiterates, abandoned Fulani herders to cause chaos in Nigeria and this is succeeding. The herders are also Nigerians but there is absent of govt in their life, zero access to social amenities and criminals used to connive with securities to cheat them. Securities extort them untill when they've no cows and those people only know how to herd; now foreign enemies of Nigeria are capitalising on Fulani herders to wreck havoc which many can perceive to have ethno-religious colouration when in reality we're all victims of their atrocities!
The recent episode of conspiracy and conflict instigation by foreigners in Nigeria which if lost will be difficult for them to achieve is the Eastern uprises and agitations. Easterners should descend their maximum energy to their leaders at all level of govt (State, LG & FG) and capitalise more on political solution of their agitations instead of allowing themselves to go against ordinary citizens for the problem caused by the enemies of all. We're all victim of poor leadership irrespective of our tribes, religion, region or geographical location. The fight of is for all to loud but deviating from the true cause of the spur of the movement is like submitting to the devilish agenda of outsiders!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by jahsharon: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
The OP is on very dangerous substances.
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by God1stson(m): 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
Elbinawi:

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.

My brother stop spreading lies from the pit of hell. In UNN along the gate leading to flat there is a mosque there that moslems go to pray. The problem is that most Muslim students come 4 sandwich or pg programs. They are always running around to do assignments or project that most times ur mosque no dey full. Even Christian's, UNN will load u with assignments that if u are not careful u will be skipping a lot of church programs.

1 Like

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by dettolgel: 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
Millimann:

I don't think this argument is solid enough.

Are they going to build the mosque for you? Did you try to build your mosque and they stopped you.

Now, the reason for the disparity is that the southern Christians travel more than the northern Muslims so it's easy for them to build their churches everywhere.

Using NYSC as an example, how many northern Muslims do they post out of the northern states, but you will see southern Christians being posted as far as Bornu State. In UNN and Unizik that were mentioned, how many Muslims are in those schools? But they still have their small mosques there though not as big as the churches. Then, go to the ABU Zaria, you will see many Christians there.

Oga you have time, you are using logic for a product of quota system.

4 Likes

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by bkool7(m): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
I've never been to any Eastern States but I've been to several Northern States and I know there are Churches everywhere in Northern campuses. What I know is that the North are religious fanatics and extremist
Our Eastern brothers should explain why there are religious intolerance of this manner in the East

1 Like

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by LLiKYekoba: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
Elbinawi:

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.

My shiite Brother, what happened to that your newsite that you used to spread lies and hate against Igbos and Biafra in 2015, why did it die a natural death after Buhari and Buratai dealt the shiites heavy blows?

Don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by CodeTemplar: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
How many muslims exists in UNN? Let's start from there.
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by paramakina202: 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
Elbinawi:

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.

Every Northern state have large indigenous christian community and you can't deny them right to build place of worship in their own land.
In the South East there are few muslim converts living there and they enjoy their few mosque as well.How many muslim students can you find in SE unversities that warrant building mosgues for them? Bokoharam and Isis operating in the North plus 12 Sharia states make rubbish of your religious tolerance claim.Btw,how many are in detention for blasphemy in the North?That is a mark of religious intolerance.
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Ikwerelastborn: 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2021
SportsHD:
The northerns are regular people just like us. They just have their ways and we have ours.
Ain't no difference between us. And yeah, there's love and peace between citizens in the north than in the south.
Yes so much love that boko haram and bandits are slaughtering them,idiot
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Ikwerelastborn: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
bkool7:
I've never been to any Eastern States but I've been to several Northern States and I know there are Churches everywhere in Northern campuses. What I know is that the North are religious fanatics and extremist
Our Eastern brothers should explain why there are religious intolerance of this manner in the East
Because wherever there is islam peace departs from there .Islam is terror,Islam is death,islam is sorrow, islam is all thing anti-human

1 Like

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by CaptainAyub: 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
Elbinawi:

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.
Religious tolerance in the north evidenced by everyday religious crisis in the north
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by SportsHD: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Yes so much love that boko haram and bandits are slaughtering them,idiot
Boko Haram and bandits are not running the whole northern states. Even in niger state, Minna is relatively peaceful. Don't fall for the media hype
Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by Ikwerelastborn: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2021
SportsHD:

[s]Boko Haram and bandits are not running the whole northern states. Even in niger state, Minna is relatively peaceful. Don't fall for the media hype[/s]
Same kd I ran away from due to banditry, you must be living in a fool's paradise thinking only u knows the north

1 Like

Re: There Is More Religious Tolerance In The North Than In The South by theTranscriber: 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2021
with hisbah? say this when the south has their own sharia and hisbah
fools everywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Approves Concrete Roads From Kabba To Borders Of Kogi And Ekiti States / Buhari Reacts To Ipob's 1 Month Sit At Home Threat. / Wike Offers N50m, Automatic Lectureship Job To Disabled PhD Graduand (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.