Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Aladdin And The Magic Lamp Story On Eaglewrites - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Aladdin And The Magic Lamp Story On Eaglewrites (314 Views)

The Ghost Episode 1 By Eaglewrites / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Scarlet: A Short Story On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aladdin And The Magic Lamp Story On Eaglewrites by Abasmoose(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
Aladdin and the magic lamp story is available on https://www.eaglewrites.com.ng/

Long time ago in China, there lived a poor boy, whose name was Aladdin. Aladdin lived with his mother. During that time, his father died recently. He preferred playing in the street than learning a trade no matter the level of persuasion from his mother.

One day a rich and distinguished looking man came to their house claiming to be a long lost uncle and said to Aladdin’s mother, “I am a merchant from Arabia and I want your son to come with me. I will reward him handsomely and promise to make him rich.” Aladdin’s mother was convinced and she thought the man was who he claimed to be. Little did she know that the man pretending to be a rich merchant and an uncle was in reality a magician.

Next day, Aladdin having packed his belongings left with the ‘merchant’. After many hours of traveling the ‘merchant’ stopped. Aladdin too stopped, surprised why they should stop in such a desolate spot. He looked around; there was nothing in sight for miles.

The ‘merchant’ pulled out some colored powder from his pocket and threw on the ground. The next instant the whole place was filled with smoke. As the smoke cleared, Aladdin saw a huge opening in the ground; it was a cave. The ‘merchant’ turned to Aladdin and said, “I want you to go inside this cave; there will be more gold than you have ever seen; take as much as you want. You will also see an old lamp; please bring that back to me. Here, take this ring; it will help you.” Aladdin was very suspicious but he just decided to do as he was told.

He lowered himself into the cave, thinking all the while that it would be difficult to climb out without help. Aladdin entered the cave and just like the ‘merchant’ had said saw gold, jewelry, diamonds and other valuables. He filled his pockets. When this was done, he looked for the lamp; it was lying in the corner, full of dust and dirty. He picked it up and ran to the cave’s opening and shouted to the ‘merchant’, “I have your lamp. Can you please pull me out?” “Give me the lamp,” said the ‘merchant’. Aladdin was not sure that he would be pulled out if he gave back the lamp; so he said, “First, please pull me out.”

This angered the ‘merchant’. With a loud cry, he pulled out the same colorful powder and threw it on the cave opening, sealing it with a huge boulder. Aladdin was depressed. He thought, “That was no rich merchant; he was surely a magician. I wonder why this lamp was so important to him.” As he was thinking he rubbed the lamp. All of sudden a strange mist filled the room and from the mist emerged a stranger looking man. He said, “My master, I am the genie of the lamp, you have rescued me; what would your wish be?” Aladdin was scared but he said in quivering voice, “Ta.. Take me back home.”

Read full story here - https://www.eaglewrites.com.ng/2021/08/04/aladdin-and-the-magic-lamp/

(1) (Reply)

Osogbo Book Club Sends Birthday Greetings To Olalere Fagbola At 67 / Images From The Third Edition Of The Read Nigeria Project / SYNW University Of Calabar Set To Hold A Free 3 Days Online Wrap Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.