Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything (32268 Views)

Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) / Post Electoral Violence Breakout In US As Trump And Bidden Supporters Clash / US Election: Joe Bidden Takes 917-Vote Lead In Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Zenithpeak(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

You started with facts but concluded wrongly. If you believe the US is handling power over to the Taliban then you must be completely deluded. The US was and its still supporting the current administration. No way are they sponsoring or encouraging the current Taliban offensive as that will be against their motives since 20 years ago. The Taliban are taken back control due to their well orchestrated plan and probably with backing from Pakistan, Iran and other smaller state factions. The current Afghanistan outcome is a complete US political disaster which will disgrace them on the world scene (Russia and China are watching).

When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor—which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019—that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001

It was former president Donald Trump who arranged the whole thing and he was heavily criticized for doing so in 2019. This new president would have no choice than to end the war based on existing agreement or he rekindled the fight.

"Therefore, when I became President, I faced a choice—follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our Forces and our allies’ Forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country’s civil conflict."
[b][/b]

It was all a political arrangements to end the Afghanistan war..... I have known this since 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by ecclize: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2021
melodyogonna:

Yesterday I watched a documentary on this conflict. The masses support Taliban, they hate the Americans. That is the only reason the Taliban can sustain fighting for 20 years. America needs to learn when they're not needed on time, in their bid to save face and show power they end up disgracing themselves.
I mean America shouldn't have invade Afghan after the 9/11 incident?
then u must be a clown.

No wonder Nigeria is being rule by terrorist

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by GardenOfGod(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

Obviously not.

But it's the most vital
Well, that's not the "most vital"
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kushme: 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Kabul is down already... Taliban has now captured all the Afghanistan boarder cities without any opposition from the government forces..... An intelligent person should be smelling rat by now.

President Ashraf Ghani has fled to Tajikistan.

The Taliban leadership orders fighters around kabul not to engage in fighting for now and should allow people who are willing to leave Kabul to go.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by WaffenSS(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Well, that's not the "most vital"

It's the most vital RoE because it's what can escalate conflicts.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by GardenOfGod(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2021
ecclize:

then u must be a clown.

When I term them "Pantami Taliban" what do you think I meant? Many Northern Muslims are in support of Taliban atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by ThuGGeR147: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
Bidden is just a weak & confused man, Obama is far way better than them all..... cool

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by GardenOfGod(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

It's the most vital RoE because it's what can escalate conflicts.
Mention the "most vital" rules of engagement you know.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by baralatie(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

When I term them "Pantami Taliban" what do you think I meant? Many Northern Muslims are in support of Taliban atrocities.
Hmmm
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Zenithpeak(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
kushme:

President Ashraf Ghani has fled to Tajikistan.

The Taliban leadership orders fighters around kabul not to engage in fighting for now and should allow people who are willing to leave Kabul to go.

Thanks for this update.... You scored the golden goal.

Afghanistan war officially comes to an end.

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by WaffenSS(m): 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Mention the "most vital" rules of engagement you know.

You're not in school.

You perfectly have the ability to research for yourself.

When you're done come back here and dispute that shoot back only when shot isn't the most critical.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by baralatie(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Naaaa!
The Taliban assumed power in Afghanistan but war issues
Let us see the other part of this 419 fim
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by GardenOfGod(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

You're not in school.

You perfectly have the ability to research for yourself.

When you're done come back here and dispute that shoot back only when shot isn't the most critical.

When you start argument, have your facts ready!
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by WaffenSS(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

When you start argument, have your facts ready!

You're too obtuse to accept facts even when they slap you in the face.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Simeonjoe1: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2021
MrSamsung:

You talk like a kid even sounding like a terrorist sympathizer. Though I am not surprised because you come from a country that treats terrorist with kids gloves even calling them repentant terrorist. I don't blame you, I blame the so-called stupid and weak Christians who don't know their power thereby allowing terrorist and terrorist sympathizers like you to flourish and become bold.

If you really think that America is making noise, weak, cowardly and that Taliban shouldn't tremble at what U.S said, let them go ahead and killed just ONE AMERICAN SOLDIER while they are packing out.

Lol una think say na action film you dey watch grin.
Better wake up to reality.
The US can't do anything the most they can do is to carryout few airstrikes and that's all.
If they US and its Allies can't completely wield control from the Taliban or even destroy them during the peak of their offensive is it now that they have dwindling forces and low public support they can?

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kingthreat(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Taliban never started as a terrorist group but conglomeration of strong and successful businessmen/Islamic fundermentalists with the aim of controlling the economic power block of Afghanistan. Like they did between 1996-2001. Al-Queeda is the terrorist organization while Taliban is funding them against the state when it became obvious to them that they can't return to power through ballots.

Now, they've brokered peace truce with America. America planted the outgoing government in place in Afghanistan and when America is quitting the war, her imposed government too must leave the throne.

America cannot appear to the rest of the world that they negotiate with terrorists backed Taliban so, they have to stage a walk-out from Afghanistan and Talibans take over through a cheap war so as to allow Taliban to achieve their age long dying wish ... (Economic power of the state)

Remember, there's no political structure on ground that American government in Afghanistan can relinquish power to. The only viable that can take over is the Taliban..... Everything is political solutions to the problem.

Forget those tough words, they were made for the news.

Too much sense boss

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by baralatie(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Lol una think say na action film you dey watch grin.
Better wake up to reality.
The US can't do anything the most they can do is to carryout few airstrikes and that's all.
If they US and its Allies can't completely wield control from the Taliban or even destroy them during the peak of their offensive is it now that they have dwindling forces and low public support they can?
The US and its allies had control over Afghanistan and handed it over to Afghanistan forces.
The afgg forces handed everything without a fling to Taliban.
Will the US kill themselves again?

5 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Abascoh: 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
thundafire:
Trump deals gave Talibans an edge and that's why Biden left them to their fate because Afghan government are filled with sabotage and outdated Islamic ideas
You are talking rubbish, how did Trump's deal give the taliban an edge? Which provision in the deal have them an edge? The deal was about getting a ceasefire and forming a government of national unity in afghanistan so that US troops can pull out without any escalation of violence. This morön called Biden didn't follow up with the deal so it collapsed and the war resumed meanwhile most US troops had already been pulled out. Biden is a big fool, he literally handed afghanistan to the taliban by refusing to follow up with the peace deal and yet refused to do anything in the face of the taliban offensive.

6 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
DenreleDave:
Honestly, I dare the talibans to kill or touch any American soldier or citizen while moving out.... The world will mourn for them

Especially our Nigerian Muslim terrorist sympathizer.. Eg dermmy
this is the Aderenle I know

gbegile boys say make I hail you sweetheart
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by GardenOfGod(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

You're too obtuse to accept facts even when they slap you in the face.
Facts without any credible source? Or is your moniker "a credible source for facts?" Let me know so I and seun will upgrade your status on Nairaland to that of Google!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Simeonjoe1: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zenithpeak:

When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor—which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019—that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001

It was former president Donald Trump who arranged the whole thing and he was heavily criticized for doing so in 2019. This new president would have no choice than to end the war based on existing agreement or he rekindled the fight.

"Therefore, when I became President, I faced a choice—follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our Forces and our allies’ Forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country’s civil conflict."
[b][/b]

It was all a political arrangements to end the Afghanistan war..... I have known this since 2019.

All those things are political statements. Biden is trying to safe face from his complete failure in handling the situation, why didn't the Taliban overrun Afghanistan when trump was in power. There's serious backlash against Biden so he's just trying to save face.
The deal is not relinquishing power to the Taliban, it's about to bring peace and a stalemate between the current government and the Taliban so that they can face one goal, the rise of ISIS in Afghanistan which is a common enemy to both the Afghanistan government and the Taliban.

4 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Abascoh: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zenithpeak:

[b][/b]

Biden is a bloody liar, the deal trump made didn't hand over afghanistan to the taliban, The deal was about getting a ceasefire and forming a government of national unity in afghanistan so that US troops can pull out without any escalation of violence. This morön called Biden didn't follow up with the deal so it collapsed and the war resumed meanwhile most US troops had already been pulled out. Biden is a big fool, he literally handed afghanistan to the taliban by refusing to follow up with the peace deal and yet refused to do anything in the face of the taliban offensive.

5 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by DonroxyII: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

The American Army operates based on internationally accepted rules of engagement in combating the Pantami Warriors.
If there were no such rules, Pantami Warriors aka Taliban would have been history by now.
You don't know anything about International politics.....

If Nigeria should go to War, the implication of this is that it is a civil war and no International presence until a domino is established and they will negotiate with the domino .....

The interest is not Human but the material resources and anybody can grant that .....

Let the jungle take care of itself while we take care of the resultant effect and that's cheaper... Resources is now concentrate to Mars not one stu.pid Taliban war ....

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by melodyogonna(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
ecclize:

then u must be a clown.

America have been in Afghanistan for 20 years my friend. Long after they killed the masterminds of the attack. I think they forgot the reason they were there in the first place

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
mysticwarrior:
am not a sympathiser of the Taliban, but why do you think the Americans brought in more soldiers to fortify their positions as they make plans to withdraw? Its because they know the Talibans would do just that.

Very true
Me sef dey expect Taliban attack cheesy

The way USA dey evacute them dey expect attack too

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Simeonjoe1: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2021
baralatie:

The US and its allies had control over Afghanistan and handed it over to Afghanistan forces.
The afgg forces handed everything without a fling to Taliban.
Will the US kill themselves again?

That's what people here are failing to comprehend. The US can't do anything at the moment in other not to escalate this less bloody turnover. Taking back the lost provinces will be a bloody fight and will last months or years. The only thing they can do is pull out and try to gain diplomacy with the Taliban which I believe they have been doing. They can also admonish them to uphold human rights and hope they listen.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by DonroxyII: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2021
MrSamsung:

You talk like a kid even sounding like a terrorist sympathizer. Though I am not surprised because you come from a country that treats terrorist with kids gloves even calling them repentant terrorist. I don't blame you, I blame the so-called stupid and weak Christians who don't know their power thereby allowing terrorist and terrorist sympathizers like you to flourish and become bold.

If you really think that America is making noise, weak, cowardly and that Taliban shouldn't tremble at what U.S said, let them go ahead and killed just ONE AMERICAN SOLDIER while they are packing out.
There is nothing America will do than to bomb them and bomb more innocent civilians casualties ...

The Jungle is now left to rot itself !!

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
melodyogonna:

America have been in Afghanistan for 20 years my friend.

2001-2021 is how many years boss?
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Jilingori: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
How Dem take me terrorist on their own soil? Na by force to operate democary?
MrSamsung:

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by oluwaahmed: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
timesup234:
if you believe US lost 2000 soldiers then you are a mental patient and will die a mad man. Over 80,000 bastards American maggots were slaughtered but you know you are all dumb due to bastard western education brainwashing. Only idiots and bastard believe data from bastard America

Oponu! Even if Its 200k soldiers that died at least 1 million good terrorist will be with mohammed by now. education una hate, but love Western guns and bombs and Toyota hilux (wondering why uno no use donkey). God save una say isreal no dey that war, na taliban go give life to Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kushme: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Welcome sir
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by rowrowland: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
thundafire:
Muslims countries are all terrorist,USA stabilize them but they wanted bombers and not upto a month USA left they have gotten back Afghanistan again. I pity Russia when they turn attention to them then they will understand why USA don't waste time to strike them where they are
you have absolutely no idea of international politics and power game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Afghan Journalists Brutally Beaten By The Taliban ( Pics, Video) / Russia Bans Facebook And Twitter From It's Cyber Space (Photos) / 20 children Die In Maradi School Fire In Niger (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.