Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything (32308 Views)

Biden Assertions On Afghanistan Fact-Checked (Photos) / Post Electoral Violence Breakout In US As Trump And Bidden Supporters Clash / US Election: Joe Bidden Takes 917-Vote Lead In Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
MrSamsung:

You talk like a kid even sounding like a terrorist sympathizer. Though I am not surprised because you come from a country that treats terrorist with kids gloves even calling them repentant terrorist. I don't blame you, I blame the so-called stupid and weak Christians who don't know their power thereby allowing terrorist and terrorist sympathizers like you to flourish and become bold.

If you really think that America is making noise, weak, cowardly and that Taliban shouldn't tremble at what U.S said, let them go ahead and killed just ONE AMERICAN SOLDIER while they are packing out.
Lol, what about the ones that have been killed in the Same Afghanistan? I thought all the Taliban's hideout should be in ashes by now. Lol.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Simeonjoe1: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
Abascoh:

Biden is a bloody liar, the deal trump made didn't hand over afghanistan to the taliban, The deal was about getting a ceasefire and forming a government of national unity in afghanistan so that US troops can pull out without any escalation of violence. This morön called Biden didn't follow up with the deal so it collapsed and the war resumed meanwhile most US troops had already been pulled out. Biden is a big fool, he literally handed afghanistan to the taliban by refusing to follow up with the peace deal and yet refused to do anything in the face of the taliban offensive.

I just mentioned something like this earlier, Biden is trying to save his face from his complete failure. People are even calling for his resignation, even Trump romancing with Taliban cannot allow this disaster to happen, he would have strike them hard with series of airstrike a capability the US still possess in limited number. See the way he handled Syria situation he pulled US troop out while ensuring the kudish forces still maintain significant hold of their gains. Even when turkey try scatter things he still find a way to resolve it diplomatically without further escalating things. Even with the way he's romancing Putin, when Syrian forces and their Russian advisers try to attack kudish forces with US special forces in Eastern Syrian the US still devastated them with mad air power and both side quickly cover it up, even Russia deny am saying its not their active personnel but military contractors.
Biden has failed in his Afghanistan tragedy woefully

5 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
thundafire:
Trump deals gave Talibans an edge and that's why Biden left them to their fate because Afghan government are filled with sabotage and outdated Islamic ideas

1.Deal or no deal...US was going to leave Afghanistan someday

2.The Afghan army is made up of people fighting for a paycheck. The Taliban is made up of people who are ready to die.

3.The Taliban were ready, right from the word go, to outwait the USA.

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
michoim:
Joe Biden and his entire team are in a confused state. He was like criticising his predecessor yet he went ahead with the deal cut by his predecessor...
Dude
Trump made a deal witg the taliban
It is only natural for biden to follow through
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by DonroxyII: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
thundafire:
Muslims countries are all terrorist,USA stabilize them but they wanted bombers and not upto a month USA left they have gotten back Afghanistan again. I pity Russia when they turn attention to them then they will understand why USA don't waste time to strike them where they are
You ain't good .... what about if US is the real culprit ...

How could you spend 1trillion dollars over 20years and within months everything crumbled...... Did US actually sustained anything ......

You spend 20years on a Project with $1Trillion and everything entered water within months and you wanna blame Afghanistan

Maybe US should have used the money in a more better way and also Do you know the Intel US gathered overtime and the resources marked...... cheesy ...

No nation is a Saint!

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
Abascoh:

Biden is a bloody liar, the deal trump made didn't hand over afghanistan to the taliban, The deal was about getting a ceasefire and forming a government of national unity in afghanistan so that US troops can pull out without any escalation of violence. This morön called Biden didn't follow up with the deal so it collapsed and the war resumed meanwhile most US troops had already been pulled out. Biden is a big fool, he literally handed afghanistan to the taliban by refusing to follow up with the peace deal and yet refused to do anything in the face of the taliban offensive.
Someone youve been fighting for 20years.
Suddenly you broker an agreement for "peace"
That only meant youre are tired of the prolonged war.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by DonroxyII: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
peacettw:
Even so, you don't unceremoniously remove all soldiers just cos you can. You helped destroy that nation like others before it and frankly I pray for a day you all will be sued for all you have got for this.
Sue to where? Only to God of Nature ..
That's Power !!
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by DonroxyII: 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Originalsly:

You talk like a kid. Why would the US even threaten the Taliban? That region was never ever conquered by foreign forces. The Russians tried and pulled out. The US said it wouldn't happen to them. 20 years after.... pulling out. Now threatening to return should the Taliban cross their line? ... return for another 20 years? ... why would the result be different? You cannot change a culture by force. The US knows why it was there in the first place ... there is always an interest when its troops are sent to a foreign land.
na u get am .... We may never know the target resources evacuated over the 20years

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
Abascoh:

You are talking rubbish, how did Trump's deal give the taliban an edge? Which provision in the deal have them an edge? The deal was about getting a ceasefire and forming a government of national unity in afghanistan so that US troops can pull out without any escalation of violence. This morön called Biden didn't follow up with the deal so it collapsed and the war resumed meanwhile most US troops had already been pulled out. Biden is a big fool, he literally handed afghanistan to the taliban by refusing to follow up with the peace deal and yet refused to do anything in the face of the taliban offensive.
Do you actually know what is in the deal.
Have you read ot with your own eyes.?
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

Lol, what about the ones that have been killed in the Same Afghanistan? I thought all the Taliban's hideout should be in ashes by now. Lol.
Well they made sure to turn the country into rubble before leaving. It is the poorest nation on earth. They can make whatever the like of theor current existence
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kushme: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
melodyogonna:

America have been in Afghanistan for 20 years my friend. Long after they killed the masterminds of the attack. I think they forgot the reason they were there in the first place

Exactly. Fight terrorists and get out of there. Dem say no. They continued the struggle with their imperial ways. We need to free the afghan people.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2021
baralatie:

The US and its allies had control over Afghanistan and handed it over to Afghanistan forces.
The afgg forces handed everything without a fling to Taliban.
Will the US kill themselves again?
The afghan military was compromised. How can you receive training for 20years and not able to put up a fight agaims a ragtag of militias.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
kushme:

Exactly. Fight terrorists and get out of there. Dem say no. They continued the struggle with their imperial ways. We need to free the afghan people.

Free afghan people?
I think you dont know Taliban.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Simeonjoe1: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Bbbwings:

Someone youve been fighting for 20years.
Suddenly you broker an agreement for "peace"
That only meant youre are tired of the prolonged war.

Baba read the news and follow foreign affairs. You not making any point here
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kushme: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2021
Bbbwings:

Free afghan people?
I think you dont know Taliban.

I was referring to the reasoning of the U.S. let us give the Afghan people the right to live from any form of oppression. Democracy.

After the U.S removed Taliban from power in 2002 or 03, the next aganda for the Afghan people was democracy, human right, girl child education, development to the country..
Now, after 20yrs, the Taliban will rubbish everything.

Taliban have a system of government which is different from the Western ways.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Bbbwings: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Baba read the news and follow foreign affairs. You not making any point here

Why would Trump sign a deal with Taliban without representatives of Afghan government.
People were tired, they want troops back home. And biden followed through.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by LofiLogic: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
mysticwarrior:
"Fourth, we have conveyed to the Taliban representatives in Doha, via our Combatant Commander, that any action on their part on the ground in Afghanistan, that puts U.S. personnel or our mission at risk there, will be met with a swift and strong U.S. military response" Do the Americans expect the Taliban to listen to this noise and tremble? For the past 20years the US forces has been in that country and the Taliban has seen the height of what the Americans could do.

Even if they bring in 5 US divisions to secure their shameful retreat the Talibans would still attack them, they have nothing to loose and the Americans have pride and reputation to protect. 1989 when Soviet troops were leaving Afghanistan the mujahedeens attacked them viciously, and the Talibans would do the same to the Americans.

Confused Americans reinforcing an army to help them flee from combat 'the best way to identify a coward is the back of his head as he runs from battle'

The taliban actually saw the power of the us and that is why they were held at Bay until recently when they started redrawing their troops from afghan.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kushme: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
Beancounter94:

1.Deal or no deal...US was going to leave Afghanistan someday

2.The Afghan army is made up of people fighting for a paycheck. The Taliban is made up of people who are ready to die. ideology.

3.The Taliban were ready, right from the word go, to outwait the USA.

Great point. Know this and choose your fight wisely.. Most of the Afghan army guys fled to Uzbekistan when Taliban arrived.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Microwhy: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

The American Army operates based on internationally accepted rules of engagement in combating the Pantami Warriors.
If there were no such rules, Pantami Warriors aka Taliban would have been history by now.
You better go and grow up.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Microwhy: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
MrSamsung:

You talk like a kid even sounding like a terrorist sympathizer. Though I am not surprised because you come from a country that treats terrorist with kids gloves even calling them repentant terrorist. I don't blame you, I blame the so-called stupid and weak Christians who don't know their power thereby allowing terrorist and terrorist sympathizers like you to flourish and become bold.

If you really think that America is making noise, weak, cowardly and that Taliban shouldn't tremble at what U.S said, let them go ahead and killed just ONE AMERICAN SOLDIER while they are packing out.
You still blinded....
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Jostoman: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
GardenOfGod:

The American Army operates based on internationally accepted rules of engagement in combating the Pantami Warriors.
If there were no such rules, Pantami Warriors aka Taliban would have been history by now.
God bless you my brother

2 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by Jostoman: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Taliban has been killing US citizens from the beginning of the invasion and nothing new has happened, and it appears they are even getting stronger than their enemies.
terrorist sympathizer
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by kushme: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2021
DonroxyII:
na u get am .... We may never know the target resources evacuated over the 20years

But truly, I have been thinking what resources the Yankees might have extracted during the 20yrs stay in Afghanistan from their $trillion investment.

Well, the only profitable return I have heard so far was, the prevention of terror attacks on American soil and the world. I think that's a good investment.

What about now that the Taliban gov' will be back to running things? The provider of safe haven for the Al-qaeda and other small terror groups. They now have the gov' armoury provided by the US.

I even heard some analysts say, the Taliban will change their ways a little. Like reducing human right abuse and the rest.

To me, i think the Taliban will continue in their ways, as they and their followers will believe this to be a god given victory at last.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by GardenOfGod(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jostoman:
God bless you my brother
Amen. Bless you more.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by DonroxyII: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
kushme:

But truly, I have been thinking what resources the Yankees might have extracted during the 20yrs stay in Afghanistan from their $trillion investment.

Well, the only profitable return I have heard so far was, the prevention of terror attacks on America soil and the world. I think that's a good investment.

What about now that the Taliban gov' will be back to running things? The provider of safe haven for the Al-qaeda and other small terror groups. They now have the gov' armoury provided by the US.

I even heard some analysts say, the Taliban will change their ways a little. Like reducing human right abuse and the rest.

To me, i think the Taliban will continue in their ways, as they and their followers will believe this to be a god given victory at last.
You never can tell bro .... all of them are liars ... they all hide under God to perpetrate evil...... Taliban will change nothing ..

Also Terror has escalated in the world infact Nigeria is witnessing huge terror which is an aftermath of bloodbath in Libya by Western Nations ......

See these Guys sells weapons and Military wares .... The only way to create business is to create War or civil unrest.....

In the process of intervention, your natural resources will start vamoosing via back door unaccounted for at little monies because each side wants western support and artillery ......

Dude, the world is in the hands of Evil both Taliban and Taliban Fighters ..... we ain't all sincere !!

3 Likes

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by peacettw: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
DonroxyII:
Sue to where? Only to God of Nature ..
That's Power !!

I understand. Even when I wrote that last sentence, I knew it will be an exercise in futility. Not for world powers.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by MightyEmperor: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Without any justifiable reason,you say.Was Saddam Hussein and the atrocities he commited(especially against the Kurds)not enough reason? undecided undecided
they lied to the world that Saddam was in possession of WMD and dragged Britain to the war, Tony Blair was made a scape goat because his act of invading back sovereign nation on the pretext of lie.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by afrikanns: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
Americans have been overrated and over-hyped in these black guys mind, when Qassim Qusemi and Iranian commander was killed by U.S. Army and Iranians Rev. Guards fired dozens of missiles to the American base in Iraq, some vissionless and myopic view souls were denouncing that it never happened.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by MightyEmperor: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Do you think Taliban would still exist if it were to be a conventional war? Bro Taliban would have been history.
what exactly are you saying? Conventional warfare involve the use of conventional weapons, since the Taliban's are not using unconventional weapons to fight the US its a conventional war.

1 Like

Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by MightyEmperor: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
ryloy:

Why do guys lie so much, 60000 American soldiers died ? Small small bro
do you really think the US would come out openly to tell you the the exact figure of their casualties, all armies downplay the numbers of their soldiers killed in combat and the US is not an exception.
Re: Bidden On Afghanistan: Five More Years Of US Presence Won't Change Anything by MightyEmperor: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

You started with facts but concluded wrongly. If you believe the US is handling power over to the Taliban then you must be completely deluded. The US was and its still supporting the current administration. No way are they sponsoring or encouraging the current Taliban offensive as that will be against their motives since 20 years ago. The Taliban are taken back control due to their well orchestrated plan and probably with backing from Pakistan, Iran and other smaller state factions. The current Afghanistan outcome is a complete US political disaster which will disgrace them on the world scene (Russia and China are watching).
fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russia Bans Facebook And Twitter From It's Cyber Space (Photos) / 9/11 Attack: Biden Announces The Withdrawal Of U.S Troops From Afghanistan / Chad Deports Jan-Christian Gordon Kricke German Ambassador For ‘Lack Of Respect’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.