Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus (17105 Views)

Imoke To PDP Members: Ben Ayade Was A Mistake, Please Forgive Me / Duke: Imoke Behind Ayade’s Defection To APC / Donald Duke, Liyel Imoke And Gershom Bassey Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by Ovamboland(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
UcLloyd:

Truth is, the only candidate that will defeat the North will surely be from SE. No such thing as Southern again. I don't believe how SW expects SE and SS to vote for them against the North, when they should be coming together to align with SE and SS to help SE win. Anything other than SE from Southern is a sell out and won't fly. How do SW expect SE to support them when the whole south should come together and deliver power to SE

Let SE collect PDP ticket and square against SW on APC ticket.
It appears SE politicians are scared stiff of facing any SW politician to contest for presidency.
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by Ovamboland(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
UcLloyd:

Anything other than SE unseats the Southern Accord. If the whole South won't come all out for SE, let the North take back power. Enough of the SW shenanigans, they're the reason North keeps taking power. SE or the north takes back power, that's the stand of the igbos.

Why are SE people scared of contesting against SW? grin grin grin
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by emilo2bad: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
Penguin2:

You have a huge point.

If OGD was still in the PDP, he would have been the best choice.

Right now, I don’t trust Agbaje because I don’t know what happens between him and Tinubu in the night.

Olabode George should go take several seats. He’s old now and should be on retirement.

The former Bayelsa deputy Governor will be seen as Dickson lapdog and won’t sell.

Atiku will make Dakwambo doesn’t smell the position.

That leaves us with Oyinlola: a tough man, I trust his strength. But his recents defections is a huge question mark on his loyalty to the party.

If you ask me, Liyel Imoke is the perfect man for the job. And being that he’s friend to Wike and Atiku is good. But Wike wouldn’t want somebody from Southsouth to succeed Secondus because of his own ambitions.

But for now, I stand with Imoke.
Look at our youths discuss how power will remain in the north later they will say fulani is the problem too bad. We architect of our problems

1 Like

Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by emilo2bad: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
Asgard73:

Will support igbo President.. but igbos are not ready... for now. Maybe before 2023.
Lots of Presidential materials ... dem plenty.

Power returns North..

100 Buhari and his million Apc bandits and herdsmen won’t change that.
Power return to North you are even campaigning for buhari that is his agenda and that of bandits and herdsmen. I pity you
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by emilo2bad: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2021
atorioke:

If Nation Newspaper like make dem bias that na their problem. You see the President so come 2023, na North I go vote. South West think they are wiser than South South and South East. You are occupying the office of Vice President currently and still want the seat of President to be zoned to you in 2023. Oh yeah, South East and South South are fools na. The last time someone from there became President, it was due to massive support from South South, South East and North, and not them. Waiting patiently for Tambuwal or Atiku to be PDP candidate make I see the Ekpa from South West wey wan become President. They think they are politically smart. If South is to retain power, the seat must be zone to South South or South East. South West option is for Buhari to rig the election for them, that is why Tinubu is still loyal to Buhari. He knows he doesn't have the number, that is why APC was considering making Goodluck their Candidate but Goodluck fast pass them (make me President and then their Fulani CJN go interpret the constitution to mean say Goodluck nor suppose contest because he is restricted by the constitution, and then gbam, they swear in the vice who will be a Fulani from North). Goodluck don see the future. No Southerner without the support of South East and South South will ever become President. It is not boasting but the fact. There are 11 states in South South and South East and 6 in South West. If they don't consider you, na North go leave their candidate come vote you? Make we see. More than 30 percent of people in Lagos State are from these zones. We already know that they are the ones giving those votes to PDP right from time even in 2015 and 2019. With them, PDP is sure of 30 percent of the total votes in Lagos. Rivers voting strength don finish Oyo own, Delta don paralyse Ogun, Edo go neutralise Ondo, Akwa Ibom go take on Osun, Cross Rivers go work on Ekiti small population. Then South East votes plus Bayelsa votes go be extra. What the South West failed to realise is that the political hatred the South South have for them currently is more than the hatred the South East have for them either politically or socially, and this was caused by them, teaming with the North to remove Jonathan.

Abeg no much talk.
Get it straight Atiku or tambuwal cannot become president. It can't happen
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by escapefromusa(f): 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
Monogamy:

I laugh in Mandarin..

Atiku is the only candidate Pdp can go for in the north and if the likes of Osinbajo is on Apc ticket, we should have the winners by 10pm on election day cos na walk in the park election.. Smoothly

APC selects Osinbajo... it gonna be fukeen walkover. PDP spent way to much time fighting on the internet. They had better be willing to add free data to their campaign goodies. VPN users gonna need it. grin
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by ORIENTATION101: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
zanga3:

I like ur analysis bro but i want you be objective in your analysis and also understand 2023 is i different ball game.
Let's assume Atiku (PDP) and Asiwaju (APC) are the presidential candidates for the two major political parties, going by the results of last election, my analysis are as follows:

NORTH WEST: I'm very sure Asiwaju won't garner as much as the votes Buhari got there (the shehu yar'adua/Atiku PDM structure is a factor that may play out there), Atiku got almost 30% of votes there at the last election and he may likely get more there this time around. Asiwaju has higher chances in kano, katsina, jigawa, but a 50-50 chances in states like kaduna, kebbi, zamfara, and may likely lose in sokoto where the caliphate lies.

NORTH EAST:
The North east is where Atiku comes from, he got almost 30% of votes there at the last election and I'm sure he'll get at least more votes coming from there this time around. Asiwaju strongholds here are borno, yobe, 50-50 chances in gombe, bauchi, may likely lose Adamawa and Taraba.

NORTH CENTRAL:
Atiku got almost 45% of votes here at the last election.
Asiwaju may likely win niger and kogi, 50-50 chance in benue, nasarawa but may like lose fct, plateau, kwara.

SOUTH WEST:
Atiku got almost more than 40% here. This is asiwaju's stronghold but he may likely lose in states like oyo, ekiti and osun (the outcome of the upcoming ekiti and osun election are determinants in this).

SOUTH EAST:
Atiku has over 75% here. Asiwaju may likely not win a state here but I'm sure he'll get at least 30% of votes coming from here.

SOUTH SOUTH:
Atiku has over 65% of votes here. Asiwaju may like not get more than 30% of votes coming from here too.

With all these analysis stated above I'm sure 2023 Election will be keenly contested by these two candidates if the they should scale through the primaries but I'm very sure that factors of determinants that may likely play out are; choice and background of their running mates, their Ethnicity and also the choice of the sultan because they are both muslims.

It's just my opinion bro
even though its your opinion, but you got alot of things wrong here.you re far from being objective.like seriously 75% for Atiku in south east? How is it going to happen, with ipob,ESN, fulani herdsmen trouble that has plaque south east with igbo socio cultural leaders threatning to work against pdp if they ignore south east in 2023.

You see if 2023 is about a southerner and Fulani (Atiku vs Tinubu) . trust me Atiku is going to loose woefully in south and north central, the fulani herdsmen killings especially in North central and south has killed his chances infact buhari might be the last fulani president in Nigeria. With the hatred average Nigerian have for Fulani today. It will be difficult to convince an average Nigerian to trust fulani with power again.

I cant believe You said Tinubu will loose oyo,osun,Ekiti, kwara, like seriously cheesy who re the politicians in these states that is going to deliver them to Atiku and PDP?

In Nigeria political terrain you cant win election except you have a well oiled political machinery and structure.

If Atiku is banking on being a Northerner to gain sentiments to beat a southerner in APC then he is building castle in the air. That sentiments died decades ago he has to do his homework
Mko Abiola,obj,and Gej defeated northerners even when that sentiment was still strong not know when a fulani man is been hated from North to south
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by oyatainer(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
Asgard73:

Oyin and Agagu are still the best performing Yoruba Governors of their time

Oyinlola developed Osun State..

Akande did the secretariat at Ede Road.. and that was it

Oyinlola brought Osun State from Bush to town..

Oyinlola tried in Osun but not up to what Aregbesola did. There were to many substand projects during Oyinloka's regime that didn't last for five years after his reign. If not for Salary issue during Aregbesola, he would have been the best so far in Osun State.

If you stay in Osun state, kindly go round to see any project with inscription Oyin ni ooo! You will know the true meaning of corruption during PDP Era in Osun.
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by executive12: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jimi Agbaje An APC mole?
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by oyatainer(m): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
[quote author=Asgard73 post=104809471]

Do you know Osun State before 99’
Did you visit osogbo ife llesha ede gbogan ipetu. Ifewara and other Osun communities before 99’ then 2003.

No be say .. aregbe is the best..

Aregbe no for do anything in 99. 2003. With the little allocation.

If he remits to Tinubu.. what’s left.

Not saying he didn’t perform.. but telling you some people did the work and solidify it .. before he became governor [/quote

Little allocation you say when excess crude oil was booming? Forget, that Oyinlola Era was the best time economically in Nigeria. Even if the money were small, it matched the value perfectly but for sharing. We had one man in my village that time, he used to be definition of corruption.
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by Asgard73: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2021
oyatainer:

Oyinlola tried in Osun but not up to what Aregbesola did. There were to many substand projects during Oyinloka's regime that didn't last for five years after his reign. If not for Salary issue during Aregbesola, he would have been the best so far in Osun State.

If you stay in Osun state, kindly go round to see any project with inscription Oyin ni ooo! You will know the true meaning of corruption during PDP Era in Osun.

Okay
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by frankmoney(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Let's be honest northern Nigeria especially Fulani has no business being in power again ... Heck they have done 8 years ... Let someone from the SW , SS or SE contest ....

This Fulani are very crafty people see the way they have twisted everything now both parties will present fulanis which is a win for them
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by 4four(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
Monogamy:

I laugh in Mandarin..

Atiku is the only candidate Pdp can go for in the north and if the likes of Osinbajo is on Apc ticket, we should have the winners by 10pm on election day cos na walk in the park election.. Smoothly

personally to me any political party that presented northerner as his candidate will not have my vote
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by sirk98: 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
Agbaje should not be allowed ooo.He will exchange pdp for money and sell it to apc.Na every four four year money for Agbaje ooo.Lets look at what is happening to PDp in Lagos oooo.
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by adekolaelect(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2021
Nigerians are the major sources of their own problems.we can see those who make much bad noise about Ahusas/ Fulanis in Nigeria are still the one who advocate for another Fulanis simply bcs of their party politics .

Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by olagbola45(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2021
[quote author=Omoluabi1stborn post=104806167]Lol. Oyinlola?

Like.seriously

He tried when he governed Osun, but I don't think he can be a better spokesman / opposition leader.

That Kola something would be perfect.[/quoppote] lol tried you say?
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by Jackson105: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
atorioke:

[s][/s]If Nation Newspaper like make dem bias that na their problem. You see the President so come 2023, na North I go vote. South West think they are wiser than South South and South East. You are occupying the office of Vice President currently and still want the seat of President to be zoned to you in 2023. Oh yeah, South East and South South are fools na. The last time someone from there became President, it was due to massive support from South South, South East and North, and not them. Waiting patiently for Tambuwal or Atiku to be PDP candidate make I see the Ekpa from South West wey wan become President. They think they are politically smart. If South is to retain power, the seat must be zone to South South or South East. South West option is for Buhari to rig the election for them, that is why Tinubu is still loyal to Buhari. He knows he doesn't have the number, that is why APC was considering making Goodluck their Candidate but Goodluck fast pass them (make me President and then their Fulani CJN go interpret the constitution to mean say Goodluck nor suppose contest because he is restricted by the constitution, and then gbam, they swear in the vice who will be a Fulani from North). Goodluck don see the future. No Southerner without the support of South East and South South will ever become President. It is not boasting but the fact. There are 11 states in South South and South East and 6 in South West. If they don't consider you, na North go leave their candidate come vote you? Make we see. More than 30 percent of people in Lagos State are from these zones. We already know that they are the ones giving those votes to PDP right from time even in 2015 and 2019. With them, PDP is sure of 30 percent of the total votes in Lagos. Rivers voting strength don finish Oyo own, Delta don paralyse Ogun, Edo go neutralise Ondo, Akwa Ibom go take on Osun, Cross Rivers go work on Ekiti small population. Then South East votes plus Bayelsa votes go be extra. What the South West failed to realise is that the political hatred the South South have for them currently is more than the hatred the South East have for them either politically or socially, and this was caused by them, teaming with the North to remove Jonathan.

Abeg no much talk.[s][/s]

Thrash and balderdash.

You can hang yourself with your useless 5% votes, you will cry tire in 2023
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by deji17: 12:15am On Aug 16, 2021
atorioke:

If Nation Newspaper like make dem bias that na their problem. You see the President so come 2023, na North I go vote. South West think they are wiser than South South and South East. You are occupying the office of Vice President currently and still want the seat of President to be zoned to you in 2023. Oh yeah, South East and South South are fools na. The last time someone from there became President, it was due to massive support from South South, South East and North, and not them. Waiting patiently for Tambuwal or Atiku to be PDP candidate make I see the Ekpa from South West wey wan become President. They think they are politically smart. If South is to retain power, the seat must be zone to South South or South East. South West option is for Buhari to rig the election for them, that is why Tinubu is still loyal to Buhari. He knows he doesn't have the number, that is why APC was considering making Goodluck their Candidate but Goodluck fast pass them (make me President and then their Fulani CJN go interpret the constitution to mean say Goodluck nor suppose contest because he is restricted by the constitution, and then gbam, they swear in the vice who will be a Fulani from North). Goodluck don see the future. No Southerner without the support of South East and South South will ever become President. It is not boasting but the fact. There are 11 states in South South and South East and 6 in South West. If they don't consider you, na North go leave their candidate come vote you? Make we see. More than 30 percent of people in Lagos State are from these zones. We already know that they are the ones giving those votes to PDP right from time even in 2015 and 2019. With them, PDP is sure of 30 percent of the total votes in Lagos. Rivers voting strength don finish Oyo own, Delta don paralyse Ogun, Edo go neutralise Ondo, Akwa Ibom go take on Osun, Cross Rivers go work on Ekiti small population. Then South East votes plus Bayelsa votes go be extra. What the South West failed to realise is that the political hatred the South South have for them currently is more than the hatred the South East have for them either politically or socially, and this was caused by them, teaming with the North to remove Jonathan.

Abeg no much talk.

You did this same useless analysis 8n 2015 and 2019. Now you have started again. Are you not tired of your own foolishness?
Re: PDP: Oyinlola, Agbaje, Imoke, Jonah, Others In Race To Succeed Secondus by zanga3(f): 2:31am On Aug 16, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
even though its your opinion, but you got alot of things wrong here.you re far from being objective.like seriously 75% for Atiku in south east? How is it going to happen, with ipob,ESN, fulani herdsmen trouble that has plaque south east with igbo socio cultural leaders threatning to work against pdp if they ignore south east in 2023.

You see if 2023 is about a southerner and Fulani (Atiku vs Tinubu) . trust me Atiku is going to loose woefully in south and north central, the fulani herdsmen killings especially in North central and south has killed his chances infact buhari might be the last fulani president in Nigeria. With the hatred average Nigerian have for Fulani today. It will be difficult to convince an average Nigerian to trust fulani with power again.

I cant believe You said Tinubu will loose oyo,osun,Ekiti, kwara, like seriously cheesy who re the politicians in these states that is going to deliver them to Atiku and PDP?

In Nigeria political terrain you cant win election except you have a well oiled political machinery and structure.

If Atiku is banking on being a Northerner to gain sentiments to beat a southerner in APC then he is building castle in the air. That sentiments died decades ago he has to do his homework
Mko Abiola,obj,and Gej defeated northerners even when that sentiment was still strong not know when a refulani man is been hated from North to south

Bro, read my analysis very well, i never predicted 75% of votes for atiku in south east, the 75% was his score at the last presidential election in the region.

I'm not in support of any of them ooo.
Come 2023, you'll realise the reason why pdp governors are defecting to the CPC/ANPP caucus of the APC.
I rest my case bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo 2024: Friday Itulah, Kenneth Ahbulimen Step Down For Asue Ighodalo / Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi / The Economics Of Shoprite In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.