Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi (17054 Views)

Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC / Adams Oshiomhole Suspension A Plot To Confuse Obaseki From Joining PDP / Punch Editorial : CJN Onnoghen Suspension - A Dictator Bares His Fangs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by chokekachy: 8:53pm On Jan 10
The Betta Edu and Related Cases

I like to add my voice with most Nigerians concerned about accountability in government and judicious use of public funds, I welcome the suspension of the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Ms. Betta Edu, and subsequent directives for her investigation.

While the action of the government is a welcome development, the investigation must be comprehensive so that all those culpable are brought to book.

The suspension of the Minister should not be a window-dressing action but should be a peg to get at all those who are deserving of blame and punished just like the Minister. By a sad coincidence, the alleged fraudulent diversion of N585 million of public money by Ms. Edu broke almost at the same moment that the Minister who held the same portfolio in the last administration is being investigated for a whopping N37bn misappropriation. The Ministry may have been created by the system as a conduit pipe to siphon public funds while using the poor as a face. Equally worrisome and disgusting is the fact that the missing funds are meant for poverty alleviation in a time of severe suffering among the people.

Unfortunately, a ruling elite that can shamelessly convert, divert, or misappropriate such huge sums meant for the poor cannot be trusted to address the severe poverty ravaging the people.

It is not only immoral but also insensitive for those entrusted with funds for public welfare to literally steal from the poor. I call on the administration to use these cases to initiate a thorough system-wide and systematic investigation of all reported cases of fraud and corruption among high government officials in the country. I join all Nigerians in calling on the government to accord the problem of public sector corruption the severe urgency it deserves. -PO

Mr Peter Obi

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Jking20(m): 9:01pm On Jan 10
Well said, all stones must be turned at this point.
Enough of this corruption in this country. And I think we continue this way, even the ones coming after would take redress and know how to handle what doesn't belongs to them.

Imagine if they ask the poor masses to take law into their hands on those ministers who whisk away what was meant for them. I just hope we get there one day.

40 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by theophorus(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10
Bros, don sharperly join mouth for the matter wen dey ground.

Sha, make he go dey prepare for 2039 elections.
He should ensure he keeps posting ooo.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Salubata(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10
imagine this crook who invested State money in family business?

Beta Edu didn't do half of the dastardly act this packaged fraud perpetrated as governor

Someone who ought to be in a dungeon.
Such an effrontery!

“I also invested $50million of Anambra State money in the power sector. I invested several billions in banks, including banks where I have shares. I was investing for the future of the state; it doesn’t matter whether I have shares or not. If I have the opportunity of building the future of the state, wouldn’t I have done that?"
Peter Obi.

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by alsudan: 9:14pm On Jan 10
We get the trick PO

Betta was thrown under the Bus to save the likes of Tunji Ojo.

If Betta is gone, Tinubus Tribesman Tunji Ojo must not be given a pat on the back. The man must go too.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by adesegun121(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10
Ok
Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by EmeeNaka: 9:14pm On Jan 10
I agree on the need for probity and accountability in public service. However, government must not be willing to scapegoat anyone while leaving a lot to go unpunished. President Tinubu's body language is one of the major reasons why a corruption of this nature is occurring in his administration. Tinubus spent $544,000 savings on hotel for himself and his aide during his travel to New York for general assembly meeting. This alone would have sent a wrong message to ministers to loot too. Leaders must ensure that their actions demonstrate their wishes for the nations they lead.

5 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by flokii: 9:14pm On Jan 10
This man won't rest.. who asked for his opinion?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Dexy4yah(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10
Nice

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by molas02: 9:14pm On Jan 10
Lol.... If I were peter obi I will not talk once Atiku don talk

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Musty112: 9:14pm On Jan 10
For hin eye now, hin sef dy do opposition with all these unsolicited comments oo cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by soil4soil(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10
chokekachy:
The Betta Edu and Related Cases

Mr Peter Obi

Peter OBI and Atiku are of the same.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by ShenTeh(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10
Perfect response from Mr Peter Obi.

Your time will come.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Rilwayne001: 9:15pm On Jan 10
Always waiting for Atiku to react before he follow suit.

I’m very sure he wouldn’t mind giving Atiku a head in the other room. Haha

soil4soil:

Peter OBI and Atiku are of the same.

They’re the same actually. He’s just Atiku errand boy.
Anywhere Atiku face whether it makes sense or not, he faces the same too.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10
T
Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by TimeManager(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10
What has he said that's different from what Atiku said?. It appears to me that Obi waits for Atiku to go first on national issues before he could have an opinion on same issue. Despite leaving Atiku for another party, it seems Atiku's shadow still looms large over him and Obi can't seem to have the mind of his own.

-kiss the truth!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Kingpele(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10
U see that Peter obi is ready to support any good move by this government but is also ready to call out bad policy...that's the definition of patriotism.....not blind support... no wonder their name themselves batists .. bat is blind and fly at night...however now that tinubu suspended her, they will crush to praise him for it.. but if he had turned a blind eye to her misconduct, they would still have supported him ....such are not the characters of real patriots but symptoms of zombie syndrome .... grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10
Mr obi my guy has added his voice.
The hero

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by DystopianMuse(f): 9:15pm On Jan 10
But a particular old fool has said she should be given a second chance. Good for nothings. Every one of them will meet his/her Waterloo someday

5 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by emmykk(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10
This is a welcome development by this administration.that the president is notorious for corrupt practice does not mean everyone should be in the business
Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by manutdrichie(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10
Obi would have handled that corruption case well

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Jestin: 9:16pm On Jan 10
That is the right thing to do sir. Not like deputy governor Pedro when don enter her puna dey support nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by tunde1200(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10
Nice one but wetin concern him for government matter.
He's always available for bad things.
Enemy of progress PO.
PO can never be Nigerian president Amin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Elvis2kay: 9:16pm On Jan 10

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Think9ja(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10
Mumu man.

Always trying to copy Atiku

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10
Salubata:
imagine this crook who invested State money in family business?

Such an effrontery!
Shut up! You good for nothing! Hate will consume you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by AbuTwins: 9:17pm On Jan 10
Bad news and PO = 5 n 6!

8 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by blowjohn(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10
Kingpele:
U see that Peter obi is ready to support any good move by this government but is also ready to call out bad policy...that's the definition of patriotism.....not blind support

No, that's not patriotism.

That's fair assessment, criticism and judgement.

It's got nothing to do with patriotism.

In patriotism, u work. Not talk.

5 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Godjone(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10
Obi my man any day any time. This is a man that wanted a working Nigeria. He is ready to support anyone who will move the country forward. God bless Obi

Crooks, thieves, mandate thief and their supporters over to you

3 Likes

Re: Betta Edu's Suspension A Welcome Development - Peter Obi by Salubata(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10
Get off my mention, what do you know.

Go home and say that to them
CASTOSVILLA:
Shut up! You good for nothing! Hate will consume you

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hadiza Shuaibu Jika: Makeup Photos Of Aisha Buhari's Sister-In-Law / Miyetti Allah: Herders Won’t Be At A Disadvantage If Nigeria Is Divided / Ganduje: Tinubu has approved blueprint to liberate, De-Marginalize South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.