Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? (19778 Views)

Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by neyoohhh: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Righteousness

Feminism isn't evil. It is like white people saying racial equally is evil.

And if they are both evil, why have pastors neglected talking about the large number of men who use masochist cults like the incels, red pill and men going their own way to demean, oppress and abuse women? These are rebellious male cults and pastors need to talk about them more than the attention they give anything to do with women.

Or maybe they are quiet about them because they support and believe those evils as men.

If men treated women well, there would be no feminism. The root cause needs exposing and treatment. Not hiding from it. Because we don't want to compare it, we end up allowing a greater evil to fester.

Check the news on what sexism/masochism has caused. Recently a young man shot to death several people including his own mother because in his male cult they all hate women and down grade feminists. They believe they are superior and women owe them preference.

In African homes, they go to church to fight feminism and return home to beat and oppress their wives because of what? Is that living as God wanted it?

No statistical evidence.. it's all in your head.

Maybe the families you come from, my network is full of families who reared lovely women and prioritized them over males.

Sometimes, I wonder if Nigeria is a multitude of countries pretending to be one because everyone's point of views are so divergent.

Maybe you grew up in the ghetto where men beat women . Can't relate.

1 Like

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2021
saphiere:
Feminism worse?

Op you are sick seriously.

Feminism is an extremist hatred for anything Masculinity, a female supremacist movement that demonizes Masculinity

2 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by bukatyne(f): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2021
queenblossom:

Na God go bless you for at least speaking up for the truth. I will say it anyway any time that I am a strong believer of feminism. Any man condemning feminism is an evil man. Period. We are fighting for our right. We deserve to be treated as human and not as slave. If christ came to the world to wipe away our sins. Then the sun of Eve is not supposed to continue to follow us till we die. Or did jesus only wiped the sin of man and not the sin of woman.

@bold,

Really?

Are you a Christian? undecided

@sin of Eve:

God said
1. Man would till the soil to eat;
2. Woman would have pains during childbirth and be ruled by her husband
3. Snake would crawl on its belly and his head would be bruised by the seed of the woman.

Looking at the above, 1 & 2 will keep having till tomorrow except the person enjoys the grace of God. For instance,

1. Jesus promised us our daily bread however you have to work for it. He can however direct you towards the path of lest work and give you rest/peace. Die example, a coach said God told her to drop her most hectic course and doubled the revenue from other sources. Even yahoo boys that seems not to work for their money spend hours trying to convince/confuse people to part with their money.

2. Women still experience pain from pregnancy to child birth. Physical and emotional pain. However, we have women like the Hebrew women who birthed easily before the Eygptian midwives came so they would not kill their sons. A woman can key into that, people have testified of very short labours.

b. Ruled by her husband: largely dependent on the husband chosen. We have the Abrahams who listened to their wives and when confused, went to God for clarity. We have the Rebeccas able to deceive Isaac and live in peace. We have the virtuous woman praised and adored by her husband. We have the Jacobs who believed in a collaborative marriage even though polygamous. We even have the Jezebels who ruled their husbands. We have the Abigails who were wise/sensible because they could 'disobey' their husbands and diffuse a tense situation. And so many other stories in the Bible. Then the new testament law of love and submission in marriage.

C. Satan/Serpent unfortunately has no way out. He has to face his punishment/curse.

Men & women are lucky that there is a way out.

1 Like

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by 36STATES: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Word of GOD has everything humanity needs.
Sexism is Wickedness , Feminism is rebellion. They are both evils. They are not acts we should be comparing. It's like Comparing yahoo yahoo and Rituals, which one is this or that?

We should strive to Live as our Maker, GOD Almighty asked us to not striving for Contention.

You are a complete bush man, and you should stop talking about concepts you are incapable of comprehending.

Feminism is only a threat to weak men like you who feel they need to keep women in check. Yes it is a rebellion to primitive people who think that they can use useless ancient religions like Christianity and Islam to control those that are more educated and more productive than them.

Incels and other misogynist like you are very full of hate and bile that many educated and forward looking majority of people don't bother about you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2021
UDUJ:

Men are designed to be promiscuous?

Everything you wrote up there is rubbish. Where did you get those facts from?

Or you just want to regurgitate beer parlour talk? Nonsense.

That's evolution
Research Batemens principle in genetics
Sperm is cheap eggs are expensive
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by motymop: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2021
Feminism is sexism
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by bukatyne(f): 10:23am On Aug 15, 2021
JESHAL:

Reality is Sexist
It's Misogynistic hatred of women and misandrist hatred of Men that is societal problems
Feminism has served it's purpose we already have equality of opportunities except these mordern one that wants special victimhood status and privilege exclusively for women

I assume 'reality is sexist' to mean men and women enjoy certain privileges the other doesn't?

If yes, I agree with your post.
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by bukatyne(f): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

Fornication and adultery are buffers against human sexual biology.

Men are designed to be promiscuous, women are not, male's sexual mating strategy is fucking as many women as possible and women mating strategy is alpha bleeps short term //beta bucks long term.

Religion invented marriage to ensure both genders compromise on their mating strategies and reach a conclusion.

Who designed men to be promiscuous?

God?

Or the fallen man?

2 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2021
36STATES:

You are a complete bush man, and you should stop talking about concepts you are incapable of comprehending.

Feminism is only a threat to weak men like you who feel they need to keep women in check. Yes it is a rebellion to primitive people who think that they can use useless ancient religions like Christianity and Islam to control those that are more educated and more productive than them.

Incels and other misogynist like you are very fool of hate and bile that many educated and forward looking majority of people don't bother about you.

Feminist liberated women to become single mothers raising degenerates , statistically most rapist, criminals, suicide commiters, prisoners, come from children out of wedlock or divorced mother, all normalized in Western Societies thanks to Feminism

1 Like

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by 36STATES: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2021
socialmediaman:
Feminism is misunderstood by many Nigerian women who advocate for it. I also do not agree with certain parts of feminism, especially the ones that advocate for equality of leadership in the household. I will get back to feminism in a moment, let me address something in the next 2 paragraphs.

Our parents understood there is something called role play in the house. The man is the head of household whether he makes less income or not. The decisions should be made by him after due consideration with the wife, but that responsibility should be left to him for the good of the home.

It’s like CEO and CFO. The CFO is the person who does the finances, and advises the CEO on budgets, expenditure and income. But the CEO is empowered and trusted to make decisions for the company. In the home, the man is the CEO while the wife is the CFO. If you don’t think your man should lead your family, don’t marry him, stay single or find someone else. You stifle the man’s ability to lead when you continue to contest leadership of the home with him. Many of us make more money than our parents yet we allow them to lead and make decisions, but in the home we want to lead our husbands.

Back to the topic of feminism. When it comes to equal pay, right to inheritance, right to vote, right to lead in organizations, right to be respected as humans, right of social association, I think many men already subscribe to feminism, though many Nigerian men struggle with that. Women should be able to have nights out with their friends and colleagues, belong to political groups and play roles in politics etc but you see those household chores like doing dishes and laundry, vacuuming, cleaning and making food available? It’s her job, just like most men do the trash, wash the car, do the yard work and also help out with indoor chores when she has too much on her hands

Anyway, feminism is about being treated fairly though the advocates almost always want to go beyond what it is, which is why many men oppose it. It’s a game, feminism will likely never be accepted by men because it threatens their role in the society and they not it’s not not just about equity, it’s something more. Nigerian feminism is worse, it’s about challenging gender roles on a platter of entitlement which is why it may never succeed.

A lot of men are incapable of making decision. If I was a woman and I have a man like you who can't reason properly or not modern enough to operate in the present clime, I will not leave critical decision to you. Reason being that the repercussions of what you do or fail to do may have a life or death consequences for me and the kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2021
bukatyne:

God?

Or the fallen man?

Fell as a result of a decietful woman who was pedestalized and wanted to be like God

1 Like

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by socialmediaman: 10:28am On Aug 15, 2021
36STATES:

A lot of men are incapable of making decision. If I was a woman and I have a man like you who can't reason properly or not modern enough to operate in the present clime, I will not leave critical decision to you. Reason being that the repercussions of what you do or fail to do may have a life or death consequences for me and the kids.

Why would you marry a man who can’t reason properly? Is it by force to marry?

2 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by UDUJ(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2021
JESHAL:

That's evolution
Research Batemens principle in genetics
Sperm is cheap eggs are expensive

Batemans principle is flawed and has been falted. There are so many studies to that effect.

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Heterodox(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Perhaps "comparing" is what we've been compelled to do since those who ought to speak against such evils keep mute.

I have never heard you speak up against sexism, but strongly against feminism just as most Christian men do, which I noted in the Op.

Why is that?
because he's an idiot like you.
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2021
36STATES:

Egalitarianistic-Equalism relationships doesn't work, look at the statistical evidence of failed marriages in Western Societies where women initiate 75% of the divorce, since the rebelled against natural order of male authority in the household

3 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by BRATISLAVA: 10:30am On Aug 15, 2021
neyoohhh:

No statistical evidence.. it's all in your head.

Maybe the families you come from, my network is full of families who reared lovely women and prioritized them over males.

Sometimes, I wonder if Nigeria is a multitude of countries pretending to be one because everyone's point of views are so divergent.

Maybe you grew up in the ghetto where men beat women . Can't relate.

When you can't face it, you try to turn it into a personal attack.

Who told you I grew up in the ghetto? Don't become ridiculous in your deflection and detraction from the truth. Some of you are so scared of the reality you begin to post your hallucinations about me. You know nothing about me.

Guess it's another one of the "it's your_______" crew on the beat.

Jump out of my mentions. You have nothing sensible to say. These particular assumptions you made make you sound stupid.

1 Like

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2021
UDUJ:

Batemans principle is flawed and has been falted. There are so many studies to that effect.

It's sound evolutionary literature that it's dissidents cannot remove the main precedents it sets about reproductive variability among the species
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by DEMZEE(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2021
bukatyne:

God?

Or the fallen man?

Nature, God....
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by DEMZEE(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2021
UDUJ:

Men are designed to be promiscuous?

Everything you wrote up there is rubbish. Where did you get those facts from?

Or you just want to regurgitate beer parlour talk? Nonsense.

Men's sexual mating strategy is to Bleep as many women as possible. That's our sexual machine. A man can impregnate as many women as possible in a year. Men don't attach emotions to sex, women however do. Women can only bring to term one child per year

Sperm is cheap, eggs are expensive.
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Who told you I grew up in the ghetto? Don't become ridiculous in your deflection and detraction from the truth. Some of you are so scared of the reality you begin to post your hallucinations about me. You know nothing about me.

Jump out of my mentions. You have nothing sensible to say. These particular assumptions you made make you sound stupid.

Feminism doesn't have arguments
All it has are rhetorics and propaganda of Masculinity demonization
The equality they claim to achieve has been actualized fully in terms of equal opportunities, except they are delusionally looking for equality of outcomes
What they are after is political and economical power by special victimhood status and privilege for their acclaimed oppressed class

2 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by UDUJ(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2021
JESHAL:

It's sound evolutionary literature that it's dissidents cannot remove the main precedents it sets about reproductive variability among the species

I need to make more research on this, but it's nice to see we still have sound minds on this forum.

Though I still strongly disagree with you on the postulation that MEN are PROMISCUOUS. Lots of men have self control when it comes to sex, we are not all rabid dogs that jump on any female we see. Myself as an example. Cheers cool

2 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by neyoohhh: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You have no statistical evidence, is correct. Your rebuttal should be , here are my stats to show what i have written is based on objective reality but no , you ignored that part and assumed it's a personal attack.

You said it , which means you must have experienced it hence the corresponding assertions .

The whole crust of society now is that everyone wants to be either a victim or virtue signalling.

The perpetually agreived have thrown out common sensibilities of objective reality in favour of subjective rationalizations of truth's

They want to be victims and perpetrators at the same time.

Rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2021
socialmediaman:
Feminism is misunderstood by many Nigerian women who advocate for it. I also do not agree with certain parts of feminism, especially the ones that advocate for equality of leadership in the household. I will get back to feminism in a moment, let me address something in the next 2 paragraphs.

Our parents understood there is something called role play in the house. The man is the head of household whether he makes less income or not. The decisions should be made by him after due consideration with the wife, but that responsibility should be left to him for the good of the home.

It’s like CEO and CFO. The CFO is the person who does the finances, and advises the CEO on budgets, expenditure and income. But the CEO is empowered and trusted to make decisions for the company. In the home, the man is the CEO while the wife is the CFO. If you don’t think your man should lead your family, don’t marry him, stay single or find someone else. You stifle the man’s ability to lead when you continue to contest leadership of the home with him. Many of us make more money than our parents yet we allow them to lead and make decisions, but in the home we want to lead our husbands.

Back to the topic of feminism. When it comes to equal pay, right to inheritance, right to vote, right to lead in organizations, right to be respected as humans, right of social association, I think many men already subscribe to feminism, though many Nigerian men struggle with that. Women should be able to have nights out with their friends and colleagues, belong to social and political groups etc but you see those household chores like doing dishes and laundry, vacuuming, cleaning and making food available? It’s her job, just like most men do the trash, wash the car, do the yard work and also help out sometimes

Anyway, feminism is about being treated fairly though the advocates almost always want to go beyond what it is, which is why many men oppose it. It’s a game, feminism will likely never be accepted by men because it threatens their role in the society and they not it’s not not just about equity, it’s something more. Nigerian feminism is worse, it’s about challenging gender roles on a platter of entitlement which is why it may never succeed.

Feminism is a female supremacist movement disguised as an Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideology that seeks justice, the evidence is sound proof, just look at affirmative actions and quota policies for women after women have been liberated into having equal rights and privileges like men as a kind of penance of the injustice our ancestors did to women, giving them a fixed victimhood status where they get special privileges at the expense of the opposite sex, look at the biased family court laws, alimony, child support and child custody laws for women which incentivise them to destroy their homes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2021
bukatyne:

I assume 'reality is sexist' to mean men and women enjoy certain privileges the other doesn't?

If yes, I agree with your post.

Exactly
Double standards for each gender
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by 36STATES: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2021
JESHAL:

Feminist liberated women to become single mothers raising degenerates , statistically most rapist, criminals, suicide commiters, prisoners, come from children out of wedlock or divorced mother, all normalized in Western Societies thanks to Feminism

You are spewing your opinions here. Can you show us the statistic that supports the lies you stated above?
In the contrary feminism is one of the best things that happened to mankind in my own opinion. This is because it has exposed misogynist and weak men who think they can control women relying on selective useless religious books and outdated traditions for the fraud they are.

Studies have shown that anti-feminist are women haters in most cases and racist, because the two feeds on each other. The studies also have shown that such problem always has roots in the persons past, especially at early family and childhood conditions.

You have to look inward mate, your incel behaviors may have its roots with the way your father treated your mother when your were young.

What people like you fail to understand is that not everyone believes in the transcendental world, so using any beliefs on such bases as the foundation of your thought makes no meaning to them.

5 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by shadrach77: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2021
W
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by BRATISLAVA: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2021
neyoohhh:

You have no statistical evidence, is correct. Your rebuttal should be , here are my stats to show what i have written is based on objective reality but no , you ignored that part and assumed it's a personal attack.

You said it , which means you must have experienced it hence the corresponding assertions .

The whole crust of society now is that everyone wants to be either a victim or virtue signalling.

The perpetually agreived have thrown out common sensibilities of objective reality in favour of subjective rationalizations of truth's

They want to be victims and perpetrators at the same time.

Rubbish

You still sound incredibly stupid. How do you manage to do it?

Renew your mind and stop hallucinating.

Some grew up in palaces with great networks and supposedly good women in their lives, yet they are as backward as the ghetto when it comes to human rights and equality. What a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2021
36STATES:

You are spewing your opinions here. Can you show us the statistic that supports the lies you stated above?
In the contrary feminism is one of the best things that happened to mankind in my own opinion. This is because it has exposed misogynist and weak men who think they can control women relying on selective useless religious books and outdated traditions for the fraud they are.
Studies have shown that anti-feminist are women haters are in most cases racist, because the two feeds on each other. The studies also have shown that such problem always has roots in the persons past, especially at early the family and childhood conditions.

You have to look inward mate, your incel behaviors may have its roots with the way your father treated your mother when your were young.

What people like you fail to understand is that not everyone believes in the transcendental world, so using any beliefs on such bases as the foundation thought makes no meaning to them.

You want statistics here they are as the meme above summarizes the various detriments of mordern Feminism, the studies and data are scattered all around the internet and they are sound proof

Demonizing and gaslighting people who don't subscribe to Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideology via Feminism that disguises itself as an enlightenment ideology that seeks to stop social Injustices but rather it's a post-mordernism dogma of Progressivism religion that sees itself as advanced

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You still sound incredibly stupid. How do you manage to do it?

Renew your mind and stop hallucinating.

Some grew up in palaces with great networks and supposedly good women in their lives, yet they are as backward as the ghetto when it comes to human rights and equality. What a joke.

Civil rights is not Feminism
Feminism has always been a female supremacist movement that wants to destroy and demonize Masculinity to give women special victimhood privileges and make men have guilt of their Nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by urchcoded(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Must be the same nature that makes whites superior to blacks. They need to reinstitute slavery so that we can follow the Bible perspective properly.
your point being?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by Odoctor(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2021
socialmediaman:

Back to the topic of feminism. When it comes to equal pay, right to inheritance, right to vote, right to lead in organizations, right to be respected as humans, right of social association, I think many men already subscribe to feminism, though many Nigerian men struggle with that. Women should be able to have nights out with their friends and colleagues, belong to social and political groups etc but you see those household chores like doing dishes and laundry, vacuuming, cleaning and making food available? It’s her job, just like most men do the trash, wash the car, do the yard work and also help out sometimes

Sir, you are 100000%% correct. I agree with you totally, wholly, and completely.
God bless you.
Re: Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? by 36STATES: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2021
socialmediaman:

Why would you marry a man who can’t reason properly? Is it by force to marry?

Sometimes love mate! sometimes family pressure or even wrong judgement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Gambling On Football A Sin / Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.