Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense (565 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by CHIMAOBICCU(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
Good day nairaland

Today Sunday school in my church our pastor make us to understand what capital offense is, and minor offense.
He said not paying your tithe is a capital offense in the sight of God.
According to him people who commit capital offense are condemn criminals, and after the preaching, his prayer points is for God to forgive us, for not paying our tithe.
My question is, not paying of tithe is it a capital offense in the sight of God.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Snitch24(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Lmao
Make I no talk watin dey my mind
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
It's pathetic that many Churches devote most of their time preaching things that has nothing to do with Christianity.

Tithe is not for Christians.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
CHIMAOBICCU:

By "capital", your pastor is saying that not paying tithe is the severest offense or at least one of them, deserving a death penalty.

CHIMAOBICCU:

My question is, not paying of tithe is it a capital offense in the sight of God.

It is not a capital offense. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death (1 John 5:17).

Let's see the weight that tithe carries among God's laws:
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone (Matthew 23:23)
Here, Jesus is saying that there are weightier matters of the law, and certainly, tithe is not one of them. However, tithing on the other hand is not something to left "undone", i.e, tithe must still be paid.

Do you know that your pastor sits perfectly in the Pharisees seat? See, just like the Pharisees did thousands of years ago, your pastor has neglected the weightier matters of the law to focus on the lesser. That is why, to him, not paying tithe is a capital mistake.

Chima, always endeavor to ask or seek for proof (1 Thessalonians 5:21), and to be like the Bereans (Acts 17:11) whenever you hear anything from your pastor. He could be telling you lots and lots of lies to further his ulterior motives.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
Splinz:

Let's see the weight that tithe carries among God's laws: Here, Jesus is saying that there are weightier matters of the law, and certainly, tithe is not one of them. However, tithing on the other hand is not something to left "undone", i.e, tithe must still be paid.

Jesus made that statement before he was crucified.
A lot of things changed after his death. Can you quote one verse in the Bible where the apostles paid tithe?

Who are you even paying tithe to if you decide the follow old covenant, the Levites? Which pastor in Nigeria is a descendant of Levi?
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
jmoore:

Jesus made that statement before he was crucified.
A lot of things changed after his death. Can you quote one verse in the Bible where the apostles paid tithe?

Not so fast.

On the contrary, can you quote one verse where they did not or taught that tithe must not be paid, after the Lord has ruled on the matter?

You mean tithing expired at Christ crucifixion? Prove it.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Splinz:

Not so fast.

On the contrary, can you quote one verse where they did not or taught that tithe must not be paid, after the Lord has ruled on the matter?

You mean tithing expired at Christ crucifixion? Prove it.
The proof is obvious, you failed to answer or address my points.

1.Show a single verse after death of Jesus that said you must pay tithe.

2. No Nigerian is a levite.

3. Many things were not needed once Jesus was crucified. Why are you not making animal sacrifices?
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
jmoore:

Who are you even paying tithe to if you decide the follow old covenant, the Levites? Which pastor in Nigeria is a descendant of Levi?

Before Levite was even born, he was paying tithe in the loins of his father (Hebrews 7:9-10). To whom did Abraham paid tithe to?
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Splinz:

Before Levite was even born, he was paying tithe in the loins of his father (Hebrews 7:9-10). To whom did Abraham paid tithe to?

1. Who commanded Abraham to pay tithe?

2. Did Abraham pay tithe from his income or spoils from war?

3. Abraham made animal sacrifices too. So why not follow him to sacrifice animal to God?
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
jmoore:

The proof is obvious, you failed to answer or address my points.

Young man, if you wouldn't be reasonable while mentioning me, you may as well go elsewhere

Before you quoted me, you were shown where Jesus clearly upholds the tithing law. Now, if you're saying that law was valid as long as Jesus was on earth, the onus is on you to prove that yes, that law did expired at Jesus crucifixion.

Be guided properly.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
Splinz:

Young man, if you wouldn't be reasonable while mentioning me, you may as well go elsewhere

Before you quoted me, you were shown where Jesus clearly upholds the tithing law. Now, if you're saying that law was valid as long as Jesus was on earth, the onus is on you to prove that yes, that law did expired at Jesus crucifixion.

Please be guided properly.

Hypocrisy or manipulation, I wonder which you fall under.

Go and make animal sacrifice to God.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
jmoore:

Hypocrisy or manipulation, I wonder which you fall under.

Go and make animal sacrifice to God.

I have proven from scripture the validity of tithing. Where's your own proof that it expired at any point in time?

Like I said earlier, I don't have time for unreasonable and useless argument. Look elsewhere.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by obonujoker(m): 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2021
Anyone who doesn't pay his/her tithe is a thief and a robber towards God....
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2021
obonujoker:

Fact (Malachi 3:8 ).

Only misguided people believes tithing has been done away at Christ crucifixion. The tithe law did not even start with the Levitical Priesthood nor ended with it. Levite, who was statutory required to receive tithes also paid tithe himself. Simply meaning that tithes don't belong to the Levites or anybody. They are only custodians.

Those stealing from God should do so between themselves and God. Making it obvious that they are thieves and robbers is quite embarrassing. The least they can do is to prove that they're not stealing, i.e, tithing has been abolished.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by efficiencie(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2021
CHIMAOBICCU:
Good day nairaland

Today Sunday school in my church our pastor make us to understand what capital offense is, and minor offense.
According to him people who commit capital offense are condemn criminals, and after the preaching, his prayer points is for God to forgive us, for not paying our tithe.

Aa far as punishment for sin is concerned all sin will be punished and all sin can lead to separation from God. As the LORD declared, if you breach one part of the law you are guilty of breaching all of the law...so a person who tells an unnecessary lie is not different from someone who slaughtered an entire community for fun. Yes both will get different degrees of punishments but both will ultimately be punished and their acts will lead to separation from God. Your tithes are your investment in the church which is the building of the LORD (Matthew 16:18) and how can you be God's child and not invest in His project? If you deal frowardly with God He will with you frowardly, what you reap is what you sow (Psalm 18:26, Galatians 6:7). It is in this light that I perceive not paying tithe as a sin.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

Only misguided people believes tithing has been done away at Christ crucifixion. The tithe law did not even start with the Levitical Priesthood nor ended with it. Levite, who was statutory required to receive tithes also paid tithe himself. Simply meaning that tithes don't belong to the Levites or anybody. They are only custodians.

Those stealing from God should do so between themselves and God. Making it obvious that they are thieves and robbers is quite embarrassing. The least they can do is to prove that they're not stealing, i.e, tithing has been abolished.
You Christians even barely understand your own Bible, you cherrypick whatever you like and follow it gullibly.

Read that passage from Malachi 2, you will understand that Malachi 3:8 was referring to the priests and Levite’s and not the followers. The followers don’t take the tithes into the storehouse, it’s the Levites and priest that are saddled with that responsibility of taking the “tithe of tithes” to the storehouse of god. That’s how the mosaic law works.

And this tithes are collected every 3years and not every year or month according to the law in Deuteronomy 14. Isrealites never pay tithes to Levites every month or year. Just fucking read this bible and stop following what a pulpit charlatan says. It’s not difficult

You people are so uninformed even with your own book. The tithes paid by isrealites don’t get the house of god, it’s the tithe of tithes that eventually gets to the store of god, this tithe is only paid by Levites. That’s what Malachi is talking about.

Christians are very uninformed people and will always think they know all. I am an atheist and I can lecture you on the Bible because a lot of Christians don’t read the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2021
obonujoker:
Actually it is thieves who are demanding tithes.

Go and sacrifice animals to God before I can take you seriously.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2021
Workch:

Christians are very uninformed people and will always think they know all. I am an atheist and I can lecture you on the Bible because a lot of Christians don’t read the Bible.

The same Bible that calls you a fool, you mean you can teach me about it?

Okay, start by teaching me why you're a fool. smiley
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

Why not burn the money as a burnt offering too?

Two types of people who advocates for tithe are

1. Ignorant church members

2. Scammers who call themselves pastors

All you know is Levite. You didn't read about widows and needy.

Malachi remains the favourite part used to manipulate people to pay tithe.
The irony here is that it was the priests that were actually stealing from God. God was addressing the priests in Malachi. So in today's context, it would translate to pastors stealing from God.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2021
jmoore:

[s]Why not burn the money as a burnt offering too?

Two types of people who advocates for tithe are

1. Ignorant church members

2. Scammers who call themselves pastors

All you know is Levite. You didn't read about widows and needy.

Malachi remains the favourite part used to manipulate people to pay tithe.
The irony here is that it was the priests that were actually stealing from God. God was addressing the priests in Malachi. So in today's context, it would translate to pastors stealing from God.[/s]

Still, no proof that tithing was abolished. Only emotions and stupid claims.

Since you have nothing reasonable to discuss with me, stop the mentioned.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 10:50am On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

The same Bible that calls you a fool, you mean you can teach me about it?

Okay, start by teaching me why you're a fool. smiley
Because the Bible says so doesn’t make it true. When will you learn that.

How can someone who doesn’t even know what the Bible says about tithe learn anything?

You don’t have a brain? Must you always quote the cherrypicked verses from your daddies in the lord?

I am an atheist, I can school you on tithing with verifiable And comprehensive bible passages and not cherrypicked verses.
I know this because I actually read the Bible and everything in it is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

If you are sure that you read the Bible, I can open a thread to debate you that tithing is not 1. a Christian thing.

2. Not suppose to be paid every year.

3. The tithe that gets to the synagogue is paid by Levites and not the followers every 3years.

4. Is a mosaic law just like burnt offering that doesn’t count anymore in Christianity.

Although I think all these are nonsense, but Christians like you are fools who don’t even read the Bible
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by jmoore(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

I will keep exposing the scammers in pulpit and their hypocrisy.
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2021
Workch:
[s]Because the Bible says so doesn’t make it true. When will you learn that.

How can someone who doesn’t even know what the Bible says about tithe learn anything?

You don’t have a brain? Must you always quote the cherrypicked verses from your daddies in the lord?

I am an atheist, I can school you on tithing with verifiable And comprehensive bible passages and not cherrypicked verses.
I know this because I actually read the Bible and everything in it is nonsense. [/s]

The Bible you claimed to know because you read it, calls you a fool. In order to be taken serious, prove from that same Bible that you're not a fool. That's the only way you and I can have a conversation concerning the Bible.

So Mr. Atheist, put your emotions in checked and conduct your teaching accordingly. You said you're here to teach me my Bible. Accepted. How can you teach me the Bible when the same calls you a fool? Can a mad man teach a sane person anything other than madness?

Think about it. smiley
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 11:09am On Aug 16, 2021
Workch:
[s]If you are sure that you read the Bible, I can open a thread to debate you that tithing is not 1. a Christian thing.

2. Not suppose to be paid every year.

3. The tithe that gets to the synagogue is paid by Levites and not the followers every 3years.

4. Is a mosaic law just like burnt offering that doesn’t count anymore in Christianity.

Although I think all these are nonsense, but Christians like you are fools who don’t even read the Bible[/s]

You can do your debate with fellow fools. smiley
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

The Bible you claimed to know because you read it, calls you a fool. In order to be taken serious, prove from that same Bible that you're not a fool. That's the only way you and I can have a conversation concerning the Bible.

So Mr. Atheist, put your emotions in checked and conduct your teaching accordingly. You said you're here to teach me my Bible. Accepted. How can you teach me the Bible when the same calls you a fool? Can a mad man teach a sane person anything other than madness?

Think about it. smiley
Lol, aren’t you ashamed that an atheist can beat you in a Bible debate? cheesy
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
Workch:
Lol, aren’t you ashamed that an atheist can beat you in a Bible debate? cheesy

A debate, with a fool? It never happened. See, you're already showing signs of foolery. smiley
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

A debate, with a fool? It never happened. See, you're already showing signs of foolery. smiley
You don’t know the Bible.
You listen to daddy G.O hence you are gullible.
Mumu that has been scammed from ages. grin
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Workch:
You don’t know the Bible.
You listen to daddy G.O hence you are gullible.
Mumu that has been scammed from ages. grin

Put your foolishness in checked, and keep it very far away from here. smiley
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

Put your foolishness in checked, and keep it very far away from here. smiley
You are One of the mumus that has been paying for the luxury lives of yahoo pastors.

Everlasting maga
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Splinz(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
Workch:
You are One of the mumus that has been paying for the luxury lives of yahoo pastors.

Everlasting maga

Says a fool. smiley
Re: Not Paying Of Tithe Is It A Capital Offense by Workch: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:

Says a fool. smiley
You are the fool, you get scammed every end of the month to give 10% of your earnings.

Maga pro max grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mfm Pmch Sept 2021 Tagged; Mantle Of Power (read Full 2-in-1 Package+prayers) / Please Nairalanders I Need Your Advice And Help.. / Why Is Mainstream Media Not Saying Anything About The Truckers Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.