Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection (12397 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by envoymedia: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2021
Reno Omokri has tackled clergymen who teach their church members to pay tithes in church for provide divine protection, IgbereTV reports.

Giving reasons pastors still move around with armed security after preaching that paying of tithe provides divine protection, Reno said it is either the pastors do not pay tithe or do not believe in what they tell members.

He shared this thought on his Instagram page. He wrote;

''A pastor tells you that by paying tithe, you have divine protection. Then that same pastor goes out with armed security protecting him. It is either he does not pay his tithe, or he does not believe what he told you. Divine protection comes by faith, not by tithe! In fact, God ordained a day for you to be born and a day for you to die. Tithe or no tithe, no one can kill you before that day. And no one can extend your life beyond that day. Christ never collected tithes. His disciples never collected tithes. Do you know why? Because they were not Levites. ONLY Levites collected tithes because they were prevented from working by God. You see this in Numbers 18:21. New Testament Pastors worked-Acts 30:34. Old Testament prophets worked-2 Kings 6:1-5. The only people who did not work were Levites and pastors are NOT Levites.''
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW8np4sDodo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by athaboi(f): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2021
Is a total waste of hard earned income! Very myopic people does that.... I will never try it

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Malory: 6:37am On Dec 04, 2021
It is like pouring water in already full cup. I rather give to the needy in the society than give to the so called pastors

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by adekolaelect(m): 6:45am On Dec 04, 2021
We know this Reno.Some mumu Christian Bigot will not come here to be librated but if it is anything abt Islam they all will be here to say what will never beneficial to their mesrable lives.

18 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Leverage2021: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2021
I believe this issue is over flogged

Personally I don't do thite because doing so would mean resting on my works instead of Jesus grace

However if people want to do it let them do it, cos even your house can't run without money

The Muslims masturbating here still pay money to jihadists to terrorise the world globally but their problem is thithe

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2021
But there are some church in nigeria whose pastors are not allowed to work eg AG.

7 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But the law of sowing and reaping still stand...

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by revived: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2021
Wooooooooo e go be
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Kreamie(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2021
…but it gives the recipients financial protection grin

10 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Aufbauh(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2021
Interestingly the oldest and richest persons on earth are not 'Tithe payers.
Neither does the country with lowest mortality rate is a 'Tithe paying country'.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2021
Tithing works, but it is tricky. It follows the law of sowing and reaping. You must sow in a good soil, to reap bountifully. We all know that this is the end of days, and the Bible says there will be false prophets. Knowing fully well there are many false prophets, and the probability of sowing into a false prophet's soil is high. It will be far better not to sow at all, than to sow there.

In this present Nigeria, it's better to sow into the poor instead of tithing in false prophets' soil.

16 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Afamed: 7:28am On Dec 04, 2021
My God is definitely not author of confusion.

The Have- nots in society deserve the tithe than the high flying men of god.

How can I abandon the lepers, the destitute , the homeless in the street, my neighbor who is not too doing well and go about one eye service in the name of paying tithe?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by fasho01(m): 7:29am On Dec 04, 2021
Please increase the volume comrade so those at the back can hear

12 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by chariisGRACE(m): 7:29am On Dec 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Tithing works, but it is tricky.

It does not work. It is tricky.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by johnnobles: 7:30am On Dec 04, 2021
Reno wan shake tables oooo. Ok I think I like your views on this

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2021
Life is about believe and Faith. Whatever, you believe on will work for you. Some believe in one baba and pay homage to them while some pay tithe to their pastor because they believe it. Others don't believe in any of them.
Whichever that pays you, you free to do and don't condemn anyone that does not believe in what you believe on. That is my philosophy of life.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by daroz(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Thank you Reno, please increase the volume. Many Christians needs to be librated from the shackles of these fake Nigerian pastors.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Dailymice: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2021
grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Noshitboi(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by nesgeeek(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Reno u are making sense.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by semyd(f): 7:33am On Dec 04, 2021
The bible says faith without work is dead. Meaning, having faith without taking some form of physical action that would enable you embody that faith is useless.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by funkymeky: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
Interestingly the oldest and richest persons on earth are not 'Tithe payers.
Neither does the country with lowest mortality rate is a 'Tithe paying country'.

How did you know? Na wetin dem tell you ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Laeroy(f): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2021
Thiting works, but the only way it works is if you don't with eye service.....

Just let the pastor and other church leaders know you pay your thite...That way they'll reward you accordingly.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by SocialJustice: 7:35am On Dec 04, 2021
Tithing also does not guarantee prosperity. It is virtually useless for all the things pastors say it does.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Willie2015: 7:35am On Dec 04, 2021
athaboi:
Is a total waste of hard earned income! Very myopic people does that.... I will never try it

Not a waste of hard earned income....
We all have a role to do our part...
Support God,s work...
We can choose to call it any name tithe. Offering....... etc...
The central PRINCIPLE is to GIVE...Just GIVE...
U will set into operation the law of seed and harvest...

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by PennywysCares(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2021
wink

Zoombies no go wan hear

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Wisejohnson47(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2021
Don't say what you don't know sir, wetin you no know pass you, on my way to pay tithes tomorrow, I will pay my tithes and still give to the needing, what's your business?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Aufbauh(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2021
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by osuofia2(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2021
Well, Reno may e right or wrong. Speaking as a Muslim, I believe in giving to the needy instead of sowing to a man unbehalf of God.
I have visited churches on invite. But I will say the Pentecostal churches make tithes as their center of preaching and they make it look like without tithing Christianity can not stand . My visit to the Catholic church was devoid of such tithes preaching.
I hope they " Pentecostal churches makes amend

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Not All Pastors Are Fake Or Depend On Tithes For Survival / Man Accused Of Witchcraft In Abia Brutalised By Vigilante Members (Photos) / The Pedophilialism In Islam Is Sickening (an Atheist View)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.