Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi (347 Views)

Iheanacho: Leicester City FC Congratulate Senior Man 'kels' / Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. / Nairalander Gets Signed To Juventus Fc For €2 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 9:54am On Aug 16, 2021
Agency Report
15 August 2021
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has fulfilled his pledge of floating a football club for the state with the formation of the Salt City Football club of Abakaliki.

The State Commissioner for Youth Development and Sports, Charlse Akpuenika, made the disclosure in an interview on Sunday, describing the development as ‘heart-warming’.

Akpuenika said that the team would compete in the national league cadre of the 2021/22 football season and acquire the participatory slot from an existing club in the country.

“We have gotten the necessary endorsement to participate in the league from the relevant soccer authorities and would not inherit any liability from the acquisition process.

“Players to form the core of the team would be sourced from the grassroots to enable talented Ebonyi footballers display their talents nationally.

“The forthcoming King David Football Championship will be used to select such players as the ministry of youth development and sports had notified that of local government and chieftaincy matters on the development.

“The competition will involve teams from the 64 LGA development centres of the state and selected players would be groomed to ensure we present a formidable team.

https://punchng.com/umahi-floats-salt-city-fc-for-ebonyi/
Re: Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi by mikedavis40(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2021
We are very lucky to know these precious things. Here I know more interesting information, giving me background knowledge. A good website, keep it up, I hope it lasts a long time.
Re: Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi by 10mobile: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2021
The action governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi by CaptainAyub: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2021
Good one Umahi.
But I still don't like d fact that graduates in Ebonyi state civil service earn less than 40k and that airport is a misplaced priority AT THIS TIME judging that Enugu airport is just 45mins away from Abakaliki.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi by EmekaA125(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2021
CaptainAyub:
Good one Umahi.
But I still don't like d fact that graduates in Ebonyi state civil service earn less than 40k and that airport is a misplaced priority AT THIS TIME judging that Enugu airport is just 45mins away from Abakaliki.
Don't mind him. Every State in SE has an airport except Abia.
Ebonyi State doesn't need an airport project at all.
I said it before and I'm still saying it again.
Re: Umahi Floats Salt City FC For Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2021
EmekaA125:

Don't mind him. Every State in SE has an airport except Abia.
Ebonyi State doesn't need an airport project at all.
I said it before and I'm still saying it again.
When owerri airpot was built it was called a misplaced priority and not needed,same with uyo airport. What I will say is that the future will determine that, for me it is better he builds to stuffs than embezzling the money.

What is Abia state governor doing,nothing.He is not building anything yet he doesn't pay workers. Think about that

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

European Wcq: What To Look Out For Today+the Big Match Of The Day (see Fixtures) / Catch Ronaldo If You Can / Free Sure Odds For You This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.