Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. (44901 Views)

Iheanacho: Leicester City FC Congratulate Senior Man 'kels' / Antoine Griezmann leaves Barcelona, Joins Atletico Madrid / Suarez Officially Leaves Barcelona For Laliga Rivals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by naptu2: 5:44pm On Feb 01
asisat_oshoala

To my beloved @fcbfemeni ,

As I bid farewell to this incredible team and the city that has been my home for the past 5 years, I am filled with mixed emotions. It has been an absolute honor and privilege to wear the @fcbfemeni jersey and represent this prestigious club.

Since joining the team in 2019, I have had the opportunity to be a part of some of the most memorable moments in the club’s history. Together, we have lifted several trophies and these achievements are a testament to hard work, dedication and I feel privileged to have been a part of this team.

But beyond the trophies and accolades, what I will cherish most are the relationships I have built with some of my teammates, coaches, staff and the amazing fans. You have become my family and I will forever be grateful for the love and support you have shown me.

As I embark on a new journey, I want you to know that @fcbfemeni will always hold a special place in my heart. I will carry with me the memories, lessons and friendships that I have gained during my time here.

Thank you for everything @fcbfemeni , You have given me more than I could have ever imagined and I will always be a proud representative of this incredible club.

With love and gratitude,
Asisat Lamina Oshoala

Força Barça 🔴🔵

https://www.instagram.com/asisat_oshoala/p/C2z8HH7xHQJ/

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by naptu2: 5:44pm On Feb 01
There have been rumours since last week that Asisat Oshoala was about to leave Barcelona. Her contract expires at the end of the season, but rumours said that she wanted to leave before then for personal reasons.

These rumours were solidified when Maria Tikas, a prominent Spanish women's football journalist posted that Oshoala was moving to the United States. People began speculating about the team she was moving to.

It became clear this morning when Bay City FC posted that they were about to announce a major signing. They used Flavour's music in their post.

Bay City FC is based in California and you can see that Oshoala is posting from California.

https://twitter.com/wearebayfc/status/1752884803781759397?t=vfNZ8SKCO3OLWkTba39Kiw&s=19

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by naptu2: 5:44pm On Feb 01

PRESS RELEASE

Bay FC signs Nigerian international Asisat Oshoala

Forward departs Barcelona, signs contract through 2026 with option for 2027 season.

San Francisco (Feb. 1, 2024) – Bay FC, the Bay Area’s new women’s professional soccer franchise in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), have acquired the rights to Nigerian international Asisat Oshoala through a transfer with FC Barcelona Femení of Liga F in Spain in exchange for a transfer fee, the club announced today. Following the transfer, the forward was signed to a contract through the 2026 season with an option for the 2027 campaign. She will join the team and be added to the roster pending the receipt of her P-1 visa and International Transfer Certificate (ITC). Oshoala will occupy an international roster spot.

“To have the opportunity to add a player of Asisat’s quality, experience and winning pedigree to our roster is an exciting and important day for the club and the NWSL,” said Bay FC General Manager Lucy Rushton. “She brings a top-class mentality to the field combined with pace and technical ability that allows her to lead the line, while also giving those players around her the license to be creative and thrive in space. Asisat is a proven goal scorer at the most elite levels of World football, and she comes here to continue that with Bay FC.”

At Barcelona across five seasons (2019-23), Oshoala scored 107 goals in 149 appearances, including a record-setting season in 2022, when she was the joint top scorer in the league with 19 goals. The two-time Ballon D’or nominee led the team in scoring three times, helping the club win the UEFA Women’s Champions League twice (2020-21, 2022-23), earn four league titles, three Spanish Super Cups and the Copa de la Reina three times. She became the first African woman to the win the UEFA Champions League final in 2021 and the first African woman to score in the Champions League final in 2019.

A six-time African Women’s Footballer of the Year, Oshoala has appeared in three FIFA Women’s World Cups (2015, 2019, 2023) with Nigeria, helping the team advance to the Round of 16 in both the 2019 and 2023 tournaments. As a youth international, she was the Golden Ball and Golden Boot winner at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, scoring seven goals in the tournament.

Asisat Oshoala
Position: Forward
Height: 5-7
Birthdate: Oct. 9, 1994
Hometown: Ikorodu, Nigeria
Previous Club: Barcelona (Spain)
Citizenship: Nigeria

https://bayfc.com/press-releases/bay-fc-signs-nigerian-international-asisat-oshoala/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by BlackSpanner: 6:02pm On Feb 01
Bay City Fc in California USA.
All the best, Agba Baller.

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Amotolongbo(f): 6:02pm On Feb 01
The way she has been been given a limited playing time by the coach this season, I know she is going to move.

Agba baller. All the best

Time to focus on Oyedupe and Imade, Ajibade, Monday and Okoronko and take away my attention from Barcelona in the Liga F

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Stargangz: 6:03pm On Feb 01
Like Oshoala, like Osimhen, both na onekind overhype players, na luck just dey carry dem.

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by madridguy(m): 6:05pm On Feb 01
Wishing you success our own person.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by aieromon(m): 6:05pm On Feb 01
Wish you the best of a fulfilling career, agba baller!

10 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by naptu2: 6:09pm On Feb 01
About Bay Football Club

Bay Football Club (Bay FC) is the new women’s professional soccer franchise representing the Bay Area and the 14th team to join the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL). Bay FC was established in April 2023 and co-founded by USWNT legends Brandi Chastain, Leslie Osborne, Danielle Slaton, and Aly Wagner in partnership with global investment firm Sixth Street and an investor group of leading tech, business and sports executives. Sixth Street’s investment is the largest institutional investment to date in a women’s professional sports franchise. Bay FC is changing the face of women’s soccer as we know it. Beginning play in the 2024 season, we are building a squad that will play the beautiful game with power, passion, energy, and creativity.

4 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by naptu2: 6:12pm On Feb 01
Barcelona's announcement.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by adesegun121(m): 6:12pm On Feb 01
Congrat

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by TANID(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01
GOOD LUCK GAL

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by GanagiBitrus: 6:13pm On Feb 01
Goodluck to her.

Soja go, Soja come, Barracks remain.
Na so life just be. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Tjra: 6:14pm On Feb 01
shocked

Moving to America at what age?

This is looking like early retirement oo cry

11 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by bunmioguns(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01
Wishing her best of luck in her endeavor

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by naptu2: 6:14pm On Feb 01
Nigerian goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie, Barcelona deadly wingback Fridolina Rolfo, Taiwo Awoniyi, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Judolisco(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01
Dis one don follow Lionel Messi go US.... All d best... U Don see money... Played for Liverpool, arsenal and barca.... No bad at all

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Spybradd: 6:14pm On Feb 01
Very lucky Nigerians.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by chris4gold(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01
Agba baller japaaaa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by BUSHHUNTER: 6:15pm On Feb 01
Stargangz:
Like Oshoala, like Osimhen, both na onekind overhype players, na luck just dey carry dem.

But u no get dat kind luck ? Ozuor

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by ecolime(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01
Agba baller

Pride of Ikorodu.

U don try. Go make some retirement 💰

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by samuel19222(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01
angry
Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Lagosianswag: 6:17pm On Feb 01
#AgbaBaller 💪 The Journey Continues #Success 👍

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by chicfarmer: 6:17pm On Feb 01
Great move.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by BigDawsNet: 6:17pm On Feb 01
Good move... congrats ..

Welcome to our city

4 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Goddyrichie(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01
Stargangz:
pray make luck sef carry u envy no man

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by nairalee(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01
Wetin my eyes dey see like this?
Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Starboytwo(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01
Star Girl.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. by Crowntop94: 6:18pm On Feb 01

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September / How Hee-chan Dribbled Van Dijk To Score Against Liverpool (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.