Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari (7173 Views)

Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos / Buhari Tells New Envoys To Treat Nigerians Abroad With Dignity / Chyna Iwuanyanwu Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by joyairemiya: 6:37am On Aug 17, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, elder statesman, has enjoined President Muhamma­du Buhari to treat Nigerians equally and refrain from giving preference to any particular group, tribe or religion at the detriment of others.

Speaking exclusively with Daily Independent in Abuja, Iwuanyanwu, who is the pub­lisher of Champion newspa­pers, urged President Buhari and other leaders in position of authority in the country to em­ulate former military President Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), who accommodated all Nigerians, irrespective of their tribe or religion in his govern­ment.

He said anyone who has been sworn in as president of the Fed­eral Republic of Nigeria must see the entire country as his constituency and treat everyone equally irrespective of whether they voted for him or not.

“Nigerians want the presi­dent to treat everybody equally, whether the person voted for him or not, or whether the per­son is in his political party or not. Once you are the president of Nigeria, you have sworn an oath to work for everybody and be the president of all.

“When Babangida was in power, if you go to his office, you will see every tribe in Nigeria rep­resented there. There is no group in Nigeria you won’t see working there. I am advising President Muhammadu Buhari and other leaders today to emulate Baban­gida. If you are a president, make sure that you bring federal char­acter to bear in the staff serving you. It gives confidence in other people when they come, they will see that you recognise and value their people”.

Speaking further, Iwuanyan­wu said people only focus on the president on the need to run an all-inclusive government while neglecting other political office holders.

“If you are the vice president, you also do the same. Many peo­ple talk of the president treating Nigerians equally well all the time. It is not only the president that should do that. If you are governor, minister or senator, treat Nigerians equally too. Don’t favour only your ethnic group and neglect others”.

Pouring encomiums on IBB who turned 80 today, Iwuanyan­wu said the former military ruler takes friendship seriously and has the gift of building rela­tionships with people across the country.

“Babangida made it a habit of building friendship everywhere. He takes friendship with people seriously and he will endear himself to you so much that you can’t afford but to appreciate him. I don’t think everybody can do some of the things he did.

“Like in my own case, when my father died. I was in the mortuary in Owerri. I told him casually that my father died but I didn’t expect that he will come. When I was at the mortuary, they told me that he was outside. There was heavy rainfall and it was beating him. I came out and I saw him. He followed me to the church, from the church, he went to my house. He spent the whole day with me and went back in the evening to Abuja. That is the way he treats all his friends".

“He married our daughter, Maryam, an Igbo girl. In our culture, when somebody mar­ries your daughter, he is your son-in-law. So, Babangida practically is the son of every Igbo person. As for me, the seven states of Igboland (Delta, Rivers and the five South-East states) gave me a title Aha eji ejemba Ndigbo (the name that opens all doors).

“That means every Igbo child is my son and every Igbo lady is my daughter. So, Babangida is my son by virtue of marrying my daughter and I feel proud that he has all these capacities.”
https://independent.ng/treat-nigerians-equally-iwuanyanwu-tells-buhari/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by orikoku: 6:37am On Aug 17, 2021
What about IBB? The clown? All of them are criminal.

12 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by benuejosh: 6:41am On Aug 17, 2021
Buhari hasn't done bad to anyone.

He arrested Kanu for bringing unrest in the South East using his so called security network - ESN. He also ordered the military to shoot at sight and bring down anyone carrying weapons illegally which means it is an ordered to end those people/criminals parading themselves as herds men and bandits.

Majority of the infrastructural projects are being carried out in the Southern part of the country.

Majority of those who collected COVID-19 Loan are from the southern part of the country.

President Buhari has been fair to all citizens.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Tinubuadvocate: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2021
Idiot useless man what worth emulating from a notorious criminal and killer. If you are IBB boy doesn't mean you should be stupid.

8 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Nuelito: 7:03am On Aug 17, 2021
It's just like jumping from pillar to post...both the past and present leader care less about the populace

1 Like

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by tamdun: 7:05am On Aug 17, 2021
Why would anyone emulate IBB? U could have advice him to emulate obasanjo or yar'adua that treated every tribe as equal

9 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Naija147: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2021
That Iswap commander won’t listen

4 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Tmshyx: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2021
Okay

. Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Vickkymanny: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2021
Buhari doesn't care about anyone!

2 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:34am On Aug 17, 2021
These people are a joke

6 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 7:34am On Aug 17, 2021
Okay ..
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Goodmarlian: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2021
grin see
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Badestman: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2021
Tested and trusted
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Thompz43(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2021
Dead on arrival
You're advising someone that have ear problem..

2 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by seunlayi(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2021
Emulate maradona grin grin
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by realstars: 7:35am On Aug 17, 2021
IBB Is The Real Niger Buhari Is A Real Killer, Makeing Nigeria To Become The Real Beggers.
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by seunlayi(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2021
Nothing to emulate from him. Oga pass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by money121(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2021
Sakamaje

1 Like

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by michoim(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2021
This Iwuanyanwu talking nonsense are one of those that benefited from IBB reign of corruption in those days...

4 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 17, 2021
He's doing that already. Looting Nigerian dry.
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Sonnobax15(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2021
shocked
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Palfrum: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2021
cheesy
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by daddytime(m): 7:38am On Aug 17, 2021
Why IBB?

3 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by moscobabs(m): 7:39am On Aug 17, 2021
Like seriously? Emulate IBB?

3 Likes

Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by NairaMaster1(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2021
IBB DID THAT BECAUSE HE'S NOT A FULANI.

BUHARI IS A BAD MAN WITH BAD INTENTIONS
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by samx4real(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2021
Will the Boko-haram president listen?

Well,

I don't think so
Re: Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari by Karlman: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2021
Buhari is the worst of all Nigerian leaders and dude ain't changing even in grave

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians / Sam Okoye, Africa's Foremost Astrophysicist Dies / This Picture Of A Woman Slapping Saraki, Is She Senator Remi Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.