Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos (762 Views)

Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos / LASBCA Vows To Demolish Buildings Without Permit. / Emulate IBB, Treat Nigerians Equally, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Benwallt(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
The President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, Emanuel Iwuanyanwu, has advised Igbos whose houses were demolished in the Abule Ado area of Lagos not to cry over the development.
He asserted that the Federal Government has the right to demolish buildings for the public interest.

He, however, insisted that those affected should be compensated.

The Ohanaeze chieftain urged those whose buildings were demolished not to cry over spilt milk, adding that moves are being made to mitigate aggrieved Igbos nationwide.

Iwuanyanwu stated this during his visit to grieve with the Igbos in the community.

He said, “The government has the right to demolish for public interest, but the affected citizens should be compensated. There’s no need to cry over split milk.

“in any country, citizens’ rights are sacred, Senator Umeh has briefed me, but I came here to know the main issue. What we are going to fight for are our rights. You only build a country based on the truth.”

Recounting his ordeal, one of the affected property owners, who preferred to remain anonymous, said, “I am unable to recover from the needles ordeal. I moved into my dream apartment, and on the third day, they came with bulldozers to bring my dream apartment down.

“There’s an urgent need for the power to address these issues.”

Responding to their grief, Chief Iwuanyanwu disclosed that Igbos in the diaspora are seriously concerned about how Igbos at home are being treated.

“We have decided to set up an Igbo relief agency where every aggrieved Igbo would be funded.

“I will also advise communities to treat Igbos fairly because we are peace loving and we are the highest indigenous people that are adding to the GDP of the nation,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Illicits: 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
Well spoken

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Ttalk: 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Reality hits him like Harmattan cold.

Every year building are demolished in Abuja and no one cries victimisation even the Igbo in Abuja whose houses were demolished leak their wounds and move on but never cry.

Whatever is now making the Igbo cry victimisation can be traced to Tinubu who gave them opportunity in Lagos.

Whatever Tinubu gets from abusive Igbo serves him right. He should suck the insult and leak his wounds alone

12 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by flokii: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
They were boasting about buying up Lagos na.. why are they now crying?
When they see bulldozer, they should stay put in the house and see if they won't get bulldozed together with the property.

5 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Cosbyrich: 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
Benwallt:
The President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, Emanuel Iwuanyanwu, has advised Igbos whose houses were demolished in the Abule Ado area of Lagos not to cry over the development.
He asserted that the Federal Government has the right to demolish buildings for the public interest.

He, however, insisted that those affected should be compensated.

The Ohanaeze chieftain urged those whose buildings were demolished not to cry over spilt milk, adding that moves are being made to mitigate aggrieved Igbos nationwide.

Iwuanyanwu stated this during his visit to grieve with the Igbos in the community.

He said, “The government has the right to demolish for public interest, but the affected citizens should be compensated. There’s no need to cry over split milk.

“in any country, citizens’ rights are sacred, Senator Umeh has briefed me, but I came here to know the main issue. What we are going to fight for are our rights. You only build a country based on the truth.”

Recounting his ordeal, one of the affected property owners, who preferred to remain anonymous, said, “I am unable to recover from the needles ordeal. I moved into my dream apartment, and on the third day, they came with bulldozers to bring my dream apartment down.

“There’s an urgent need for the power to address these issues.”

Responding to their grief, Chief Iwuanyanwu disclosed that Igbos in the diaspora are seriously concerned about how Igbos at home are being treated.

“We have decided to set up an Igbo relief agency where every aggrieved Igbo would be funded.

“I will also advise communities to treat Igbos fairly because we are peace loving and we are the highest indigenous people that are adding to the GDP of the nation,” he said.
80% of the houses demolished are owned by Yorubas but the tiny percent na dem dey make noise pass..mtchew

10 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Straybullet: 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
Benwallt:
Una must humble by force.

We will install the home training lacking in your life

Your
Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by DomPerignon: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2023
He asserted that the [b]Federal Government [/b]has the right to demolish buildings for the public interest.

The fat pig still thinks Lagos is Federal Territory.

Nah Lagos state demolish and not FG.

FG has no business over land matters in Lagos.

Lagos is not Abuja .

The fat pig is still referring to Lagos as federal Territory .

Shows the level of ignorance the idiot is operating on.

6 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
He's been forced bow, humbled.

He don E....bow-ed atlast indeed, to the SW.

Fear fear people.

3 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by DomPerignon: 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Twistaray:

He don't E....bow indeed to the SW.

Without SW , they will return back to cannibalism

Who tolerates them in their midst other than foolish Yoruba liberals.

5 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by OloYeOfEgbE: 11:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
Only fools thinks this man speaks for the igbos..

simple task..Let him stop sit at home.

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by OloYeOfEgbE: 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
DomPerignon:

Without SW , they will return back to cannibalism

Who tolerates them in their midst other than foolish Yoruba liberals.

Elenu..

2 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by OloYeOfEgbE: 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Twistaray:

He don E....bow-ed atlast indeed, to the SW.

Fear fear people.

Cap less..

Online champion

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 11:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Cap less..

Online champion

Lool.
Was he ever a minister of finance or industry oh ok, I understand, the statement would do to make you happy. grin
Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
Una hear so from una elder say make una stop crying? grin

The Ohanaeze chieftain urged those whose buildings were demolished not to cry over spilt milk,
Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 12:19am On Dec 17, 2023
See pig dey find validation from fabricated thread without any SOURCE.

E pain una well well.... shameless PIGs

Twistaray:
Una hear so from una elder say make una stop crying? grin

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 12:24am On Dec 17, 2023
Tears too much..

IGBOs own your LAGOS via properties and investments

IGBOs are your masters

You can't use fake Propaganda to cover the FACTs.

Una Worthless

Ttalk:
Reality hits him like Harmattan cold.

Every year building are demolished in Abuja and no one cries victimisation even the Igbo in Abuja whose houses were demolished leak their wounds and move on but never cry.

Whatever is now making the Igbo cry victimisation can be traced to Tinubu who gave them opportunity in Lagos.

Whatever Tinubu gets from abusive Igbo serves him right. He should suck the insult and leak his wounds alone
Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 12:27am On Dec 17, 2023
Imagine people that " Oyinbo' use their flat chest as blackboard.. grin

OloYeOfEgbE:
Only fools thinks this man speaks for the igbos..

simple task..Let him stop sit at home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 12:29am On Dec 17, 2023
IBADAN?

Brown roof paradise for PIGs..

Fade joor..ozuor

abdeefggh:

Even non of your states can match Ibadan in 100 years, grow up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by buharibanjo(m): 1:27am On Dec 17, 2023
Igbos & Government ehn
Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:28am On Dec 17, 2023
Lol they are coming for soon
Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 2:04am On Dec 17, 2023
Obaofpigs:

Lmaoo.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/demolition-dont-cry-over-split-milk-ohanaeze-president-general-tells-igbos-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Twistaray(m): 2:06am On Dec 17, 2023
Obaofpigs:

You remind me of that song by Tupac ; Baby don't cry....don..t give, never give..baby don't cry.. grin
grin grin grin

https://www.informationng.com/2023/12/govt-has-right-to-demolish-buildings-ohanaeze-tells-igbos-in-lagos.html

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 2:12am On Dec 17, 2023
See pig....

Click the link and cry ...even for link..you want to do Oluwole? When everybody knows that the link belongs to an Agbado Idiot.

Punch..
Vanguard
This day
Dailytrust
Sahara reporters
Gazette
Tribune

Anyother worthless and unverifiable platform is useless and very foolish you you..

Facebook news is more certified than a worthless $2 web hosted Nonsense.

PS: Don't abuse Tupac's song and lyrics with failed composition. Tupac is not

Killington
Ayinde Marshall
Pasuma..

You hear?....Mugu

Twistaray:

You remind me of that song by Tupac ; Baby don't cry....don..t give, never give..baby don't cry.. grin
grin grin grin

https://www.informationng.com/2023/12/govt-has-right-to-demolish-buildings-ohanaeze-tells-igbos-in-lagos.html

1 Like

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Pristine664: 2:12am On Dec 17, 2023
Clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Pristine664: 2:17am On Dec 17, 2023
Obaofpigs:
Pigs are covering their face in shame.

Iwuanyanwu whose OHANEZE claimed they have secured release of Nnamdi KANU?

OHANEZE contractors?
OHANEZE Politicans
OHANEZE that is irrelevant to the SE ?

You are truly foolish..

I thought you said IGBOs aren't highest property owners by tribe in that Worthless LAGOS? Why stop? Alot of properties are still on canals and drainage channels. Why stop? Useless uncircumcised headslamming PIGs

Now you manufacture fake news without Support web links to decieve your IGBO Masters or massage RONU PIGLETs Foolishness?

Are you guys this foolish and insecure from Oduduwa the fallen Demon?

Shameless PIGLETs....such a pathetic tribe of Generational COWARDs and losers.

When will this PrinceofLagos get sense? grin

Na wetin you wan do for another 8 years be dis?? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Govt Has The Right To Demolish Buildings – Iwuanyanwu Tells Igbos In Lagos by Obaofpigs: 2:22am On Dec 17, 2023
E pain PIGs...

Lamentations X cool

Pristine664:

When will this PrinceofLagos get sense? grin

Na wetin you wan do for another 8 years be dis?? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To People Praying For A Spoilt Transformer / People Are Suffering Under This Tinubulation O / Why Reno Omokri Is Senseless To Criticize Obi About Building Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.