Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,753 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! (26763 Views)

Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) / Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? / How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by calmnquiet(m): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Orubebe01:
In view of the spate of building collapse in Lagos State and the attendant fatalities, loss of properties, bad reputations, setbacks amongst other things, the Lagos State Government through Lagos State Building Control Agency is making efforts to stem the tide.

The State Government has recently employed the services of about 350 professionals including engineers, architects, builders etc to extend the dragnet of monitoring illegal developments.

Another effort the State Government is exploring is that of "WHISTLE-BLOWING". In the spirit of ensuring a safer Lagos, LASBCA will appreciate your partnership with the Lagos State Government by whistle-blowing to tell us the On-going developments as well as distressed buildings in your area.

Your cooperation will be most appreciated.

Contact details
Toll free lines:
070050504040, 07000LASBCA
lasbcalag@gmail.com

For: General Manager
Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA)

Thank God I saw this post.

I have my own case and pictures to back it up, and I hope there would be action
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by haslaw(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
ignis:
Tenant dey report landlord... imagine.

Yes.. Because tenant value him life and him pay to live for house wey safe.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by BrainSanitizer: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ernestforyou:
What business can you invest 2m in Lagos Nigeria and make a profit of at least 20k per day ?
Invest #2m and receive #50k every day for 37 days non-stop.
Ts & C's apply.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Sarmiz24(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
Simple thing OP, instead of paying him houz rent try and reach an agreement with him to do the drainage system urself then he can remove it from ur next houz rent, make sure u collect a written note tho cuz some landlords na problems but if he refuses just report him to LCDA, or threaten to sue him to court Yoruba landlords dey fear court wella... whichever way u should have known b4 packing in sha, abi na for online u collect houz still make payment?
Sill001:
Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Authoreety: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
ccffwx:
Save your life first. Move out that house and tell the others to move out too. You can always contact the government while still alive.

U know as the guy pocket be at the moment?
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
Gadahfi:
Have you reported him to our darling daddy grin

The savior of Benue people embarassed

Sai buba, the best president we ever had

So na vulture meat face be that.. look at how roasted his face look, and he doesn't look like he can see without class... the idiat is a slowpoke at the same time

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Makewegothere: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
I just Hope you won't be offended with my position but if you like the house and the environment, you guys can organize yourselves and sort it out. If you check the cost of moving house including agency and agreement,you might be better off sorting it out

quote author=Sill001 post=104879839]Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Location is Ikotun.

I'm just tired of wicked Lagos landlords.

I paid close to N200,000 for the house, but later discovered that all the water used in bathing in the bathroom does not flow out, no drainage. The water is being soaked by the wall. The walls are soaked. My properties are spoiling already because of the too much dampness of the walls and floor. 

He promised to do it but he will never do it, because I discovered that's his usual style, to collect money and disappear. All the tenants are tired of his wickedness. 

The dangerous thing here is that the whole house is a duplex and it's upstairs (decking) with many flats upstairs but I stay downstairs, so it's very very dangerous for me because of the walls in my room soaking water continuously, which can collapse anytime. All the bath water and washing water goes to the foundation of the building. No draining. It's a very risky place I'm staying and with likelihood of collapse any moment. 

Not only that, the outstanding NEPA bill I later discovered for the whole house is currently over N200,000. He refused to sort it out and we have been paying for the old bill which we never used, yet our light would trip off within 3 days even after paying a lot of money, up to 15k or 20k at times, because of the outstanding bill. 

For the drainage, which is my major concern, he kept delaying and giving excuses and promises for the past four months I packed in, but when he ran out of lies, he just told me yesterday on the phone that he will never do the drainage. And during inspection, this kind of thing is not possible to detect it because it's not possible for you to bath and see whether water is flowing through the drainage during house inspection. 

He even boasted that he will never do it and that I should do my worst. Very wicked and irresponsible old man. 

Pls how can I report him to the Lagos State government? To avoid building collapse. To compel him to do it because of the safety of my life.

Pls help. Thanks. 
[/quote]
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by ccollins(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
Makewegothere:
I just Hope you won't be offended with my position but if you like the house and the environment, you guys can organize yourselves and sort it out. If you check the cost of moving house including agency and agreement,you might be better off sorting it out

quote author=Sill001 post=104879839]Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Location is Ikotun.

I paid close to N200,000 for the house, but later discovered that all the water used in bathing in the bathroom does not flow out, no drainage. The water is being soaked by the wall. The walls are soaked. My properties are spoiling already because of the too much dampness of the walls and floor. 

He promised to do it but he will never do it, because I discovered that's his usual style, to collect money and disappear. All the tenants are tired of his wickedness. 

The dangerous thing here is that the whole house is a duplex and it's upstairs (decking) with many flats upstairs but I stay downstairs, so it's very very dangerous for me because of the walls in my room soaking water continuously, which can collapse anytime. All the bath water and washing water goes to the foundation of the building. No draining. It's a very risky place I'm staying and with likelihood of collapse any moment. 

Not only that, the outstanding NEPA bill I later discovered for the whole house is currently over N200,000. He refused to sort it out and we have been paying for the old bill which we never used, yet our light would trip off within 3 days even after paying a lot of money, up to 15k or 20k at times, because of the outstanding bill. 

For the drainage, which is my major concern, he kept delaying and giving excuses and promises for the past four months I packed in, but when he ran out of lies, he just told me yesterday on the phone that he will never do the drainage. And during inspection, this kind of thing is not possible to detect it because it's not possible for you to bath and see whether water is flowing through the drainage during house inspection. 

He even boasted that he will never do it and that I should do my worst. Very wicked and irresponsible old man. 

Pls how can I report him to the Lagos State government? To avoid building collapse. To compel him to do it because of the safety of my life.

Pls help. Thanks. 
Sill001:
Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks. 
get a lawyer and go to court.you can even contact me as am a lawyer
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by HEAVEN4444: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
so you play only 200,000 for rent and you expect landlord to fix stuff for you out of the 200k ? brah just fix that thing yourself. if your rent was say 4 million a year now like some of these lekki big boys then you have a leg to stand on but right now you have no leg to stand on grin

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Fortez: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Librason: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Report him for the sake of others.

you park and go to a better place and avoid bad politics and witch-hunting.
in Drake's voice "jealous (bad) people around me i need to change my life".
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Johel(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks. 

Get all facts together and hire a lawyer to spoil his life.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by 15ssDRIVE(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Seequadry:
Abeg how person fit report landlord wey dey collect monthly nepa money for tenants hand....even tho na prepaid Meter we dey use....

Make light no dey for one month, e go still bill me..
I talk e threaten me with QN... E COMMOT MY ROOM LIGHT ONE THEY BECAUSE E HEAR SAY I DEY COMPLAIN
Jst enter d compound 4 months ago..

OMO E B TINZ OO

Handle things with wisdom,e go shock them soon.
Baba got your back and good things are on your way

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by NaijaDonCast(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

With the two comments above I can say your problem is solved...especially that of the first comment

But that doesn't mean you should not be careful when contacting the details of that first comment
Because if you loose guard again those people fit still maga you just like the landlord
no be lie
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by johhbekeboh09: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Go to the LG Hq in charge of your area and report this matter to the Head Sanitary Department they'll send sanitary inspectors to investigate and assess the situation After that the Occupiers/Landlord will be compelled to provide the stipulated features in the property When he disobeys this order the Lagos State Government will commence a criminal proceedings against the Occupiers/landlord at a special tribunal created for issues like this at the state secretariat Alausa Ikeja At this time the property may be sealed temporarily until compliance is effected
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by DrAkpa(m): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
Gadahfi:
Have you reported him to our darling daddy grin

The savior of Benue people embarassed

Sai buba, the best president we ever had

See how the basstard done use cheap bleach scatter him rotten meat grilling face angry grin
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by justking(m): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
This is serious
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Young man, it is not every time that you want to fight for your right either in this clime or any other one. You live on the ground floor of the building, have you called a plumber and a bricklayer to figure out what the workable solutions are ? My gut feeling tells me this is a challenge that can be solved with between N15k to N25k. You only need to dig the ground, buy new 2" PVC pipes that costs less than N1k per length and install them to drain the water to the right place.

Except if the buidling has sunk and your bathroom is now below the outside ground level....in that case, you probably need to raise the bathtub/shower cubicle to address the problem.

If you think this does not make sense to spend the money out of your pocket, sit down again and calculate the costs of moving to another accomodation or getting a lawyer and LASG to force the landlord to fix it.

By the time you are done with this mini project and gained some experience in building maintenance, your mind will be tuned to executing a building project and have a home of your own. Trust me, when you ultimately have your own home, you will still forever be fixing issues like this every now and then.

In the mid 90s, I once lived in Ipaja in a rented house and the electricity supply to the area was very poor due to an overloaded electricity transformer. I was able to identify the problem and since NEPA would not bulge, I mobilised the immediate community affected to contribute N500,000 to buy a transformer instead of claiming our right to get NEPA to do it in a timely manner. Our electrical/electronic gadgets were getting damaged on a regular basis and instead of spending money to repair them, I convinced them to see the logic in channelling the money to procure the transformer.

A few years later, after I have facilitated the transformer procurement, I completed my own house at another location. When I announced to my neighbours that I was leaving, I saw teary eyes because due to my deep involvement in the CDA to mobilise people to develop the general infrastructures in the community to make life better, some of them could not believe that I was just a mere tenant. Some thought I was the son of the landlord who does not live there.

SO GET USED TO GETTING THINGS DONE INSTEAD OF WALLOWING IN SELF PITY IT !!!

Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks. 

4 Likes

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by johhbekeboh09: 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Hmmm. e no easy to be landlord o.

MEANING!?
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by pedrilo: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
Him bury ur placenta for the house?

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by SuperbCrown: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Seequadry:
Abeg how person fit report landlord wey dey collect monthly nepa money for tenants hand....even tho na prepaid Meter we dey use....

Make light no dey for one month, e go still bill me..
I talk e threaten me with QN... E COMMOT MY ROOM LIGHT ONE THEY BECAUSE E HEAR SAY I DEY COMPLAIN

Jst enter d compound 4 months ago..

OMO E B TINZ OO
Which state?
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by kokoboy4life(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
aikyg:
Why not just pack out? It's a better option for you. Your rent is just two hundred thousand naira. I once paid 1.1 million naira and had the same problem. I had to leave. It's a painful option, but you'll have peace and avoid unnecessary bad blood.

200k might be little to you but huge for many Nigerians, so dont JUST for it
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by yinparc: 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Just go to any LASBCA office close to you.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by nikmod(f): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Try and meet the land lord one on one and discuss the issue with him for the last time but this time make sure you record all he says then gather enough evidence and visit human right office in ikotun local government and explain to them with all your evidences including the voice record
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by DanielAAA(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
End time landlord
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Oracleforce: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
ccollins:
get a lawyer and go to court. you can even contact me as am a lawyer

Charge and bail.lawyer looking for who to cash out on...
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by ccollins(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Oracleforce:

Charge and bail.lawyer looking for who to cash out on...

u must be silly. There is nothing like charge n bail.a lawyer is simply a lawyer except fake
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by GGirll: 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Orubebe01:
In view of the spate of building collapse in Lagos State and the attendant fatalities, loss of properties, bad reputations, setbacks amongst other things, the Lagos State Government through Lagos State Building Control Agency is making efforts to stem the tide.

The State Government has recently employed the services of about 350 professionals including engineers, architects, builders etc to extend the dragnet of monitoring illegal developments.

Another effort the State Government is exploring is that of "WHISTLE-BLOWING". In the spirit of ensuring a safer Lagos, LASBCA will appreciate your partnership with the Lagos State Government by whistle-blowing to tell us the On-going developments as well as distressed buildings in your area.

Your cooperation will be most appreciated.

Contact details
Toll free lines:
070050504040, 07000LASBCA
lasbcalag@gmail.com

For: General Manager
Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA)

God bless you sir
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by djfreegospel(m): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
Good day. Instead of you wasting your time looking at how to deal with your landlord. Why don't you get your own house and be the landlord of your house.
For more information, contact me: 09080366038

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Habib101: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
If u are in kaduna I would connect u with oga landlord a person that ensure the rights of the tenants he has his own show on radio that only covers landlord, tenants issues just like yours,

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by IyaTola: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks. 
So, this is where you came to table the matter abi? No problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Builds House For Old Poor Childless Widow In Oraifite, Imo (Pics) / What Is A Casino? / Filling Station 'Set Ablaze' In Bayelsa Over Sale Of Illegally Refined Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.