Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 (35453 Views)

Quickprints Sudoku Community / Sudoku Gurus: This Is For You / The Real Super Mario Dies Aged 84 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by DropsMic(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2021
Rip
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Patrioticman007(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2021
One of my best game
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by mariahAngel(f): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2021
sad
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by neighbourhud: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2021
Another 'university dropout', yet became a celebrated genius.

The likes of Bill, Mark, Larry Ellison, Sheldon Adelson, Li ka-Shing... Come to mind.

It tells alot about our standard of education and how we go about it. Many of us in Africa and especially Nigeria are not more than 'educated illiterates'. Outside the 'certificates' we have nothing more to proof, no concrete or practical knowledge...no skill. The Polytechnic that is supposed to be the bridging point have turned to 'glorified adult education learning grounds'...I don't mean any offense but that is the truth.

The aim of having a Polytechnic, which is an advanced level of Technical school of those days has been killed. The fight for 'certificate' recognition with the University did not help matter... sadly, we now end up having mechanical engineers that do not know how to repair their cars but take them to 'illiterates' for repairs. We have many computer engineers with nothing to show for it...just the certificate.

If you are reading this now and you are still young, please get a skill! You may find it awkward at first but you will thank yourself later.

I hope this story helps...

Hi Past,

I know you missed me but I didn’t and would never miss you. I guess you know that you are the reason my life started a little bit slow even when I never planned it this way. You made me follow the path way I never knew would lengthen my life struggles. I write you this letter to update you about myself and remind you how you kept me jobless.

I remembered when I was in school and my good friend advised me to learn a skill, you were the one that told me not to. You told me that after all, my B.sc result will land me a job in an oil company. You made me listen to that lecturer that told me that once I graduate with a 2nd class upper or First class, I will be a hot cake in the market without any addition to my degree.

I graduated with a 2nd class upper and while I was at home waiting for NYSC, my friend again persuaded me to join him and learn some IT skills especially web-design, you made me ask him “Wetin concern Engineering and Web-Design?” He learnt it while I was at home flexing all in the name of I am now a graduate.

I went to camp and the girls wouldn’t let me rest and while my mates were learning some useful skills, I was at the Mammy market drinking away my 21 days. “After all, na once person dey serve” I say to myself. I finished from camp, and went for my PPA. Other friends were working to gain experience, and I was jumping from one club to another with the hope that my 2.1 would land me a super job in a top engineering company.

I remember my good friend that kept attending job shows. Even when he begged me to join, I was always with one excuse or the other especially

“Time never reach to hustle for job.”

He would leave me and do his own things while I was in my lodge sleeping and making merry.

On the day of our passing out; some companies came and offered jobs to people they felt had what they needed in Information Technology. My friend was hired with a starting salary of 80,000 naira and I was among those that clapped for him. I consoled myself with “when I am ready, I would earn 200,000 Naira at once.”

Dear past! You remembered all these right?

Do you know that I finished from NYSC and went back home to relax a bit before landing the so-called “Dream Job” my lecturer said I would land with my CV. After I had relaxed, I started to send out my CV through many online portals. You told me there was no need writing a good CV or cover letter that my good grade would take care of it for me.

I spent months at home and even my younger one was arguing about food who ate his food with me. I became frustrated and decided to leave for Lagos with the hope of landing my dream job. I never bothered to hustle for Jobs with the hope that online platforms are the best.

Dear Past I know you remembered all these. After 2 years of waiting, they advised me to manage even marketing job, and you still came up telling me that I was too big for such a small Job and I rejected the offer.

It was almost my 4th year at home; before I realized that I have been scammed by both you and my lecturer. My good friend back then from my university called me with a foreign number, and told me he had gotten a job with an IT firm that took him abroad. He asked me if I had any IT skill at all. That was when I remembered I had no professional qualification, no skill, just my Bsc certificate. Every night I cried and life had become frustrating for me. All those who saw me as the next big thing in life even gave up on me.

Out of shame to let people know that I am also a working graduate, I had to go teach in a small secondary and was collecting 12,000 naira as salary. I bore the shame but decided to prove the world wrong. During break periods, I would trek to so many places and submit my CV using various techniques I learnt when my eyes got opened.

Dear past, you made me go through this hard way. Along the line, God finally had mercy on my already frustrated life and my hustle paid off. After I took a course on article writing and graphics design, I was offered employment with a big writing firm in Lagos coupled with a salary that could move mountains.

I have my own car and house now. I don’t write because I am angry, but to let you know that I forgive you. And to the other under-graduate or graduates that you would keep or you have kept in the condition I was, I hope they read this and learn to do the right thing. Imagine what would have become of me if I had learnt just a skill back then at school.

I forgive you dear past but I don’t miss you and would never miss you at all. No love! from your much advanced self….

Anonymous

Working Graduate.

Feel free to check out some amazing ebooks, tap the opportunities they provide and thank me later... Click on my signature

1 Like

Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Dotunking01: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2021
He invented a game that exercises your mentality. RIP Kaji

2 Likes

Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2021
RIP brother man
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Afamsi: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:
shocked
While Africans are busy with religion..

R.i.p sir !!
You that is not busy with religion what have you created

3 Likes

Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by AmazingELixir: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2021
Ouch! What a puzzling demise.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by wonderr(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2021
Creativity is d key to life
Create a new path and others will follow
Rip legend kaji
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by reiddecuti: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2021
Don't know how to play that game or understanding the roles that govern it.

RIP sir!
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Ayo081(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2021
I hate the game, don't even like the sight.

God rest him.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by faithfull18(f): 11:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Eeyah.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 17, 2021
Librason come ooo.. this is someone positivity to the life of not just his country, but the world..
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by bigdammyj: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2021
R.I.P
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by KillingIsFun: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2021
Is Sudoku similar to the Minesweeper game that you find on most Windows OS Computers?

tempem:
This game, awkward at first... But when you get it, you might be addicted to it.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Sauveyouth: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2021
What a genius!
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by bigpicture001: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2021
frowland:
RIP sr, you created a good game I enjoyed playing.
I sort the hardest level out under 15mins. I guess there are those who can do it in lesser time. Same as Rubic cube (I do that in less than 3mins). Hard at the beginning, but with constant trial it becomes a child’s play. It’s just like gym’ing the brain.

Go to game section and try the puzzle there titles ..."let's crack this puzzle" if u get it...you win airtime from me..
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by naijaman2225(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2021
MY RESPECTS TO HIM. SUDOKU IS A GREAT GAME. ALWAYS ALLOW MYSELF A MAXIMUM OF 17 CLUES.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Thank you sir for your legacy.

God console his family and everyone who would feel the loss.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by blessedchild234(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2021
these is like my best game its just cerebrum stimulating
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by palsenator(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2021
Gaello97:
My elder sister like this game die in those days. What a memory

Obviously your sister has a very high IQ. Trust me anyone who loves this game is above average on the scale of intelligence.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by 1F30M4(f): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2021
Rest easy, Legend
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by ecolime(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2021
Sudoku

I so much loved the game. Looks simple but mentally tasking.

Make I download am rightaway

RIP Legend
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by SILVERLINES: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2021
I will never hesitate to pen down my tribute for this man. Sometimes the little things we do often go a long way with great impact. Who ever thought soduku a game of simple numbers will be such difficult to sort out.
When I was younger my uncle bought me this game with pencil and eraser he said it help people brain to develop intellectually.
I solved this book like mathematics everyday till I get old I couldn't complete the full book and more progress I made the more difficult it became, I got tired and abandoned the remaining leaflets.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Wapgod(m): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2021
RIP.
Get free Dangote cement and GT Bank shares by clicking on the link on my signature.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by gulfer: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2021
RIP man, I'm a deep fan of Sudoku, currently playing one I downloaded from app store...(Sudoku.com) and I have not lost a challenge since I started. I encourage anyone to get this from the playstore or Apple store cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2021
tempem:
This game, awkward at first... But when you get it, you might be addicted to it.
How do i get it because i still dont get it
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by frowland(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2021
bigpicture001:

Go to game section and try the puzzle there titles ..."let's crack this puzzle" if u get it...you win airtime from me..

Hmmm cheesy
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by razzydoo(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2021
I like this game well, even more than crossword.
Re: Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69 by Azuby83: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2021
He wasn't the one that invented it. He rather was the one that popularized and modernised it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Silas Adekunle: CEO Of Reach Robotics & Builder Of World’s First Gaming Robots / Ps3 Games Swap / Ps4 Coming Out Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.