Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

The Experience That Led Me To Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Experience That Led Me To Christ (535 Views)

Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
The experience that made me give my life to Christ.
I don't know why I am sharing this I don't share stuff like this on here but here we go...

I was at work on night duty at my former working place early this year with some colleagues of mine and we started talking about life, politics, football and so on but along the line the discussion come land us for spirit matter. We were arguing if ghosts were real or not, if there were foundational powers that stop and delay people's destinies or not. I was on the fence about the whole thing telling them, there might be spirits but i don't think they have powers to stop destines they can only delay destinies. One of them (let's call him Jim) refuted my argument with good points stating that if people's destiny cannot be delayed or destroyed how come people run mad suddenly or die from charms or even die mysteriously. Then I thought to myself, what do ritualists and native doctors do in the middle of the night? I didn't Argue Anymore and kept the thought to myself.

LAter in the night Around I2 a.m Jim started praying and speaking in tongues and the praying woke me up. I didn't find it funny that he was disturbing my sleep but even if I was A pagan/Aeithist/Christian depending on my mood, and with the way sleep dey sweet that time I was definitely an Aeithist, but I respected him enough not to interfere.

But as time to went on (close to an hour) and I was falling in and out of sleep. IT HAPPENED. I could only open my eyes but my whole body was stiff. From my lips to my toes were stiff I didn't know what was happening to me. But my brain was functioning and at that point I didn't know when my Christian mode kicked it and I started to shout Jesus, I can't remember how many times I shouted Jesus but whatever it was that PRESSED me respected that name and left me instantly.

nairaland family I no sleep again o till dey break. The following Sunday I start to dey go church And by His Grace I never miss church one Sunday. I dey wake up dey pray for night most times. Fasting almost every day. Apostles Suleiman, Arome And Selma na dem i dey listen to on A daily. Na so I give my life to Christ oo.

U cAn shAre Ur own experience if u Are led by the spirit.

1 Like

Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:

But as time to went on (close to an hour) and I was falling in and out of sleep. IT HAPPENED. I could only open my eyes but my whole body was stiff. From my lips to my toes were stiff I didn't know what was happening to me. But my brain was functioning and at that point I didn't know when my Christian mode kicked it and I started to shout Jesus, I can't remember how many times I shouted Jesus but whatever it was that PRESSED me respected that name and left me instantly.

nairaland family I no sleep again o till dey break. The following Sunday I start to dey go church And by His Grace I never miss church one Sunday. I dey wake up dey pray for night most times. Fasting almost every day. Apostles Suleiman, Arome And Selma na dem i dey listen to on A daily. Na so I give my life to Christ oo.

U cAn shAre Ur own experience if u Are led by the spirit.
You were scared into becoming a Christian and you chose to follow apostle Suleiman after that experience? undecided

Whatever it was that happened to you that night was something that succeed in driving you into the very hands of false prophets and false teachers...and infection that a majority religious in Nigeria also suffer from by the way. undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Adamgeneral12: 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
What! Sleeping on duty!
You are fired!
But as you say you accepted Christ your are reemploy grin

1 Like

Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lol!

Satan can also use an attack to score a beautiful own goal to the glory of God.

Thank God for your life.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by hupernikao: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You were scared into becoming a Christian and you chose to follow apostle Suleiman after that experience? undecided

Whatever it was that happened to you that night was something that succeed in driving you into the very hands of false prophets and false teachers...and infection that a majority religious in Nigeria also suffer from by the way. undecided

I am sure if he has followed you, it will be a good decision.

And by the way, you must have had the statistics of religious Nigerians to know their suffering. You are so vast Sir. grin
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:

U re entitled to Ur own opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Adamgeneral12:
What! Sleeping on duty!
You are fired!
But as you say you accepted Christ your are reemploy grin
smiles.
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Uyi168: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sleep paralysis.

That's it.
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
U re entitled to Ur own opinion.
This isn't an opinion actually but the Truth of Jesus Christ who warned us against false teachers and prophets. undecided

I don't believe that Jesus Christ would facilitate your claimed conversion only to end up leading you straight into the hands of one of the same false teachers He warned us to stay the hell away from listening to. undecided

Sounds like what you experienced was some maybe fear or sleep induced form of paralysis only it may have scared you into bowing to the wrong end of Christianity. undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This isn't an opinion actually but the Truth of Jesus Christ who warned us against false teachers and prophets. undecided

I don't believe that Jesus Christ would facilitate your claimed conversion only to end up leading you straight into the hands of one of the same false teachers He warned us to stay the hell away from listening to. undecided

Sounds like what you experienced was some maybe fear or sleep induced form of paralysis only it may have scared you into bowing to the wrong end of Christianity. undecided
bro I didn't mention only Johnson Suleiman in my text. If u have a problem with his teachings that's Ur business. Y is my conversion Ur cup of tea? I wasn't there when God "warned" u to stay away from Suleiman neither were you there when God called him so what right do u have to judge him. If he is of God time will tell, if he isn't time will still tell. Bros leave me to my fate.
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
bro I didn't mention only Johnson Suleiman in my text. If u have a problem with his teachings that's Ur business. Y is my conversion Ur cup of tea? I wasn't there when God "warned" u to stay away from Suleiman neither were you there when God called him so what right do u have to judge him. If he is of God time will tell, if he isn't time will still tell. Bros leave me to my fate.
I never said suleiman is the only false teacher and false prophet out there. What I said is Jesus Christ would never lead you into the hands of any of them. undecided

So what you have caught is the same bug that many a religious Nigerian out there has... Mog(false teachers
& prophets) fever! undecided

You obviously wanted us all to mind your business for you when you created a thread for it. So why are trying to shush me rather than consider the issue here which is that Jesus Christ is not currently in what you are doing. Your church going is meaningless since Jesus Christ did not command it and your worship at the altar of man has nothing to do with Him. undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I never said suleiman is the only false teacher and false prophet out there. What I said is Jesus Christ would never lead you into the hands of any of them. undecided

So what you have caught is the same bug that many a religious Nigerian out there has... Mog(false teachers
& prophets) fever! undecided

You obviously wanted us all to mind your business for you when you created a thread for it. So why are trying to shush me rather than consider the issue here which is that Jesus Christ is not currently in what you are doing. Your church going is meaningless since Jesus Christ did not command it and your worship at the altar of man has nothing to do with Him. undecided
u win bro. Let me die with my "religious bug". I pray the Holy Spirit uses u to preach the word of God to people rather than being a nairaland keyboard warrior
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
u win bro. Let me die with my "religious bug". I pray the Holy Spirit uses u to preach the word of God to people rather than being a nairaland keyboard warrior
I am here preaching to you right now, am I not! undecided

Jesus Christ sent His apostles into the world which includes the World wide web.. so don't be too quick to diss us nairaland keyboard warriors before you even understand the Truth of God.. undecided

Speaking of the Holy Spirit, did you know that He only lives inside of those who are Holy/Perfect, vessels are no longer living in slavery to sin? undecided

God is Holy and His Spirit can't inhabit any vessel or individuals who are still struggling with sin. No, and according to Jesus Christ, the only way to gain freedom from bondage to sin is through continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, the Truth of God which is Law in the Kingdom of God - John 8 vs 31 -44 undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am here preaching to you right now, am I not! undecided

Jesus Christ sent His apostles into the world which includes the World wide web.. so don't be too quick to diss us nairaland keyboard warriors before you even understand the Truth of God.. undecided

Speaking of the Holy Spirit, did you know that He only lives inside of those who are Holy/Perfect, vessels are no longer living in slavery to sin? undecided

God is Holy and His Spirit can't inhabit any vessel or individuals who are still struggling with sin. No, and according to Jesus Christ, the only way to gain freedom from bondage to sin is through continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, the Truth of God which is Law in the Kingdom of God - John 8 vs 31 -44 undecided
And u are not struggling with sin?
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
And u are not struggling with sin?
Not anymore! I actually submitted and have been taking Jesus Christ at His Word. undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Not anymore! I actually submitted and have been taking Jesus Christ at His Word. undecided

He who says he is without sin is A LiAr.
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
He who says he is without sin is A LiAr.
I am guessing you are attempting there to quote Paul there so let's see what else Paul supposedly said. undecided
When the same Paul said ...
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. - Romans 12 vs 1
... was he, Paul, high? undecided

Doesn't the fact that this verse says is something entirely different from what the first one you claimed reveal something to you about your current approach to scripture? undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am guessing you are attempting there to quote Paul without much luck then. undecided
When the the Paul said ...
he is Admonishing sinners like me and u to repent. He was not high when he said in Romans that all have sinned And fAllen short of His Glory. Since u seem to be on the "right side" of Christianity whatever that means And I happen to be on the wrong side of Christianity I live it to you. I have given u enough Audience but I don't know what Ur goal is by antagonising me so I rest my case.
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
he is Admonishing sinners like me and u to repent. He was not high when he said in Romans that all have sinned And fAllen short of His Glory.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. - Romans 12 vs 1

When you are a Holy and acceptable vessel unto God are you still a sinner? undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
... was he, Paul, righ? undecided

When you are a Holy and acceptable vessel unto God are you still a sinner? undecided
u re just being like Job right now. Just being self righteous but if u think u re holy and Acceptable u don't have to prove urself for his Glory will shine through u and He will use u mightily to Advance his kingdom. I will be happy for u if that happens so good luck
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
u re just being like Job right now. Just being self righteous but if u think u re holy and Acceptable u don't have to prove urself for his Glory will shine through u and He will use u mightily to Advance his kingdom. I will be happy for u if that happens so good luck
Self-righteous in what sense? undecided

And who told you that bloody lie that Job was self-righteous? undecided

You asked me a question and I answered you honestly. But here you are lampooning me for answering a question you asked me, pretending I am attempting in some way to prove something to you when I have no such intention. undecided

I don't think I am Holy! I know from following His commandments that it is the Truth because He bears witness to me that I am His. undecided

By the way, Jesus Christ never asked you to Advance His Kingdom for Him. So, I am not certain how you came to attempt inserting that into this. undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Nooneonline(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Self-righteous in what sense? undecided

And who told you that bloody lie that Job was self-righteous? undecided

You asked me a question and I answered you honestly. But here you are lampooning me for answering a question you asked me, pretending I am attempting in some way to prove something to you when I have no such intention. undecided

I don't think I am Holy! I know from following His commandments that it is the Truth because He bears witness to me that I am His. undecided

By the way, Jesus Christ never asked you to Advance His Kingdom for Him. So, I am not certain how you came to attempt inserting that into this. undecided
I have my Answer
Thank you
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nooneonline:
I have my Answer
Thank you
What answers? The very statement you made of Job reveals from which well you have been drinking from. undecided

I only hope one day you will be able to re-engage your brain and actually read the book of Job for yourself. Then you realize that everything you have been taught by your Mogs are nothing but lies that crumble like a deck of cards the moment you apply your own understanding, just just Jesus Christ commanded that we all do. undecided
Re: The Experience That Led Me To Christ by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What answers? The very statement you made of Job reveals from which well you have been drinking from. undecided

I only hope one day you will be able to re-engage your brain and actually read the book of Job for yourself. Then you realize that everything you have been taught by your Mogs are nothing but lies that crumble like a deck of cards the moment you apply your own understanding, just just Jesus Christ commanded that we all do. undecided

Will you stop bullying the guy and face your lane or is it by force? He said he's okay and is happy to be led to Christ, which one is the evil spirit you want to force him to take?

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Elect? / Is God Truly Omniscient? / The Great Miracle Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.