Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Is God Truly Omniscient? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Truly Omniscient? (540 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 26, 2021
If God is truly Omniscient, that is all-knowing, all-wise, and of infinite awareness and understanding, why does He require us to ask before He acts?

This question has boggled my mind since my teenage years. And as someone who's incurably and inherently lazy in terms of praying daily, it's sure a thought that crosses my mind almost on a daily basis.

God sees all things, knows all things and can do all things, without exception. This I believe. But, is belief enough? Shouldn't belief be enough?

If our mind is right, and at peace with God and our 'neigbour', and since God sees that we're making daily effort to keep his commandments, to love and to be charitable towards others, why does He have to wait until we pray to answer our prayers?

He knows our innermost thoughts, silent prayers, wishes and aspirations, yet He would not go out of His way to make them happen, until we pray?

Isn't it enough to be good and do good, and expect God's reward?

Since He knows my silent requests and prayers, but knows my weakness (to pray formally and without ceasing) as well, can He not make an exception for a child who loves Him and tries to do His will, but is a bit lax in his prayer game?

Does God delight in watching His children strive for so long?

1 Like

Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Deborah98(f): 8:05am On Nov 26, 2021
Hitherto you have not asked. He said we should do the asking and He'll do the providing.Of course He's all-knowing,all wise and all powerful but still at that don't expect God to force words on you. We must come to a point in life where prayer becomes our lifestyle. He has given us mouth to talk,if you're dumb it's a different thing altogether. Pray, talk to him and table your needs and wants before Him and watch Him do the miraculous and unimaginable. Good morning!
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2021
Deborah98:
Hitherto you have not asked. He said we should do the asking and He'll do the providing.Of course He's all-knowing,all wise and all powerful but still at that don't expect God to force words on you. We must come to a point in life where prayer becomes our lifestyle. He has given us mouth to talk,if you're dumb it's a different thing altogether. Pray, talk to him and table your needs and wants before Him and watch Him do the miraculous and unimaginable. Good morning!

Thank you for your kind and encouraging response. But are silent prayers, meditation and contemplation not considered sufficient to get a feedback from God in terms of His answers? What about short prayers, said intermittently several times during the day?

Does God only recognise formal kneeling and speaking (or sometimes shouting) out our prayers?
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

If God is truly Omniscient, that is all-knowing, all-wise, and of infinite awareness and understanding, why does He require us to ask before He acts?

This is the reason why Jesus sent his true disciples out not only to PREACH but also to TEACH people how to walk with the God of Israel! Matthew 28:19-20

Your first question should be addressed:

God doesn't know the thoughts in the minds of every living person, that's a lie.
Right from the beginning God gave humans the freedom to think and do everything they want except one thing "setting standards for right and wrong among ourselves" {Genesis 2:17} God wants us to rely on Him for the standard of right and wrong within the human society. Our failure to rely on God for this will lead us into killing one another so God said annihilation will be the next option if we disobey this single rule! Genesis 3:19

Today we are living in the time when God has gotten fed up with the thoughts in the hearts of different individuals because it's always evil {Genesis 6:5} and He can't tolerate evil thoughts {Habakkuk 1:13} that's why He is far away from majority of mankind! Proverbs 15:29

But what about those who seek for Him with a pure heart? His angels who are serving as His eyes {Revelations 4:8} these ones are moving to and fro throughout the earth in search of individuals whose hearts are completely towards God. They're the ones giving Him the reports of both good and bad things happening throughout the earth! Genesis 18:20-21

So it's only those who are closer to Him by FAITH that He's reading the thoughts in their hearts {2Chronicles 16:9} because they're the ones making His heart glad {Proverbs 27:11} not everyone you're seeing around you. That's why the Bible book of Revelation talks about people whose names are not found in the book of life (God's memory) Revelations 20:15

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Deborah98(f): 10:02am On Nov 26, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

Thank you for your kind and encouraging response. But are silent prayers, meditation and contemplation not considered sufficient to get a feedback from God in terms of His answers? What about short prayers, said intermittently several times during the day?

Does God only recognise formal kneeling and speaking (or sometimes shouting) out our prayers?
He does recognize all my dear, after all David said let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight,He does recognize all depends on the situation you find yourself. God's loving and kind.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:
If God is truly Omniscient, that is all-knowing, all-wise, and of infinite awareness and understanding, [b]why does He require us to ask before He acts?[/b]l

Because you people are stupid evil creatures who never appreciate a good thing unless you have suffered and cried and begged to receive it.

Tells you whose child you are, which clearly tells you the second reason why God would almost never answer your prayers

And this is besides the third fact that you all think that God does not know the TRUE Reason for your petition.

And with God, it is impossible to get promoted to next class Unless and Until you qualify for it.

So stagnancy or promotion, is in your hand.

Kaleidoscopic:

our mind is right, and at peace with God and our 'neigbour', and since God sees that we're making daily effort to keep his commandments, to love and to be charitable towards others, why does He have to wait until we pray to answer our prayers?

Now you are marking your own script, so of course, you would not fail yourself.

Kaleidoscopic:

He knows our innermost thoughts, silent prayers, wishes and aspirations, yet He would not go out of His way to make them happen, until we pray?

He clearly said "before you ask I will hear and while you are still speaking He would have Answered"

So if this does not happen to you, therefore it should show you where you stand and whom you stand with.

Another Church goer on his way to "I Hate God" ship aka atheism.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Observer007(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Observer007:

Wouldn't mind your perspective on this too.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Because you people are stupid evil creatures who never appreciate a good thing unless you have suffered and cried and begged to receive it.

Tells you whose child you are, which clearly tells you the second reason why God would almost never answer your prayers

And this is besides the third fact that you all think that God does not know the TRUE Reason for your petition.

And with God, it is impossible to get promoted to next class Unless and Until you qualify for it.

So stagnancy or promotion, is in your hand.

Now you are marking your own script, so of course, you would not fail yourself.

He clearly said "before you ask I will hear and while you are still speaking He would have Answered"

So if this does not happen to you, therefore it should show you where you stand and whom you stand with.

Another Church goer on his way to "I Hate God" ship aka atheism.

You do not quite know me so you're wrong to assume and judge based on mere and faulty assumptions.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2021
Deborah98:
He does recognize all my dear, after all David said let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight,He does recognize all depends on the situation you find yourself. God's loving and kind.

Thanks, but sometimes it doesn't feel like so.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Observer007(m): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

Wouldn't mind your perspective on this too.

Well, I'm also here to learn. I wish you get the answers you seek bro.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is the reason why Jesus sent his true disciples out not only to PREACH but also to TEACH people how to walk with the God of Israel! Matthew 28:19-20

Your first question should be addressed:

God doesn't know the thoughts in the minds of every living person, that's a lie.
Right from the beginning God gave humans the freedom to think and do everything they want except one thing "setting standards for right and wrong among ourselves" {Genesis 2:17} God wants us to rely on Him for the standard of right and wrong within the human society. Our failure to rely on God for this will lead us into killing one another so God said annihilation will be the next option if we disobey this single rule! Genesis 3:19

Today we are living in the time when God has gotten fed up with the thoughts in the hearts of different individuals because it's always evil {Genesis 6:5} and He can't tolerate evil thoughts {Habakkuk 1:13} that's why He is far away from majority of mankind! Proverbs 15:29

But what about those who seek for Him with a pure heart? His angels who are serving as His eyes {Revelations 4:8} these ones are moving to and fro throughout the earth in search of individuals whose hearts are completely towards God. They're the ones giving Him the reports of both good and bad things happening throughout the earth! Genesis 18:20-21

So it's only those who are closer to Him by FAITH that He's reading the thoughts in their hearts {2Chronicles 16:9} because they're the ones making His heart glad {Proverbs 27:11} not everyone you're seeing around you. That's why the Bible book of Revelation talks about people whose names are not found in the book of life (God's memory) Revelations 20:15

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

I agree with some things you said, but disagree with a few other assertions. God knows and sees all, and that means everything. Not just some things, but E.V.E.R.Y.T.H..I.N.G, whether good or bad, right or wrong. He does not choose to see some people's thoughts and turn a blind eye on others'. And please some of your scripture quotations are misinterpreted. If we get three theologians today to interpret those scriptures, chances are that all three would have differing views, based on their various learning experiences, inspiration and even the version of the Bible they are studying!
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

You do not quite know me so you're wrong to assume and judge based on mere and faulty assumptions.

All men fall into 2 groups sons of Adam (Righteous) or sons of Satan and Eve (evil).

And it is only sons of evil who have this issue.

The Lord is not far from the Righteous.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

All men fall into 2 groups sons of Adam (Righteous) or sons of Satan and Eve (evil).

And it is only sons of evil who have this issue.

The Lord is not far from the Righteous.

Yeah, and you sure do sound Righteous. Keep it up.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

Yeah, and you sure do sound Righteous. Keep it up.
He doesn't exist if he doesn't give the millions of innocent hungry children food then he probably cannot hear your inner thought.
I can provide many convincing arguments to provide that if there is even a god he/she/it isn't very intelligent or good(cancers,world hunger,corruption,no karma etc being examples) but you are probably too indoctrinated

2 Likes

Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Uyi168: 1:37am On Nov 27, 2021
Deborah98:
Nonsense like this is what they fed into the head of Leah sharibu. Today, she's now a muslim and a baby mama to a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
ifyken:

He doesn't exist if he doesn't give the millions of innocent hungry children food then he probably cannot hear your inner thought.
I can provide many convincing arguments to provide that if there is even a god he/she/it isn't very intelligent or good(cancers,world hunger,corruption,no karma etc being examples) but you are probably too indoctrinated

But how is God supposed to provide food for the poor or shelter for the homeless without human intervention? He uses people to do His works on earth. God wouldn't physically come down with trucks of food items or drugs like WFP or WHO, or would He? Humans have been given that task but we have continued to fail in our responsibilities as leaders of nations, and citizens of the world.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
Uyi168:
Nonsense like this is what they fed into the head of Leah sharibu. Today, she's now a muslim and a baby mama to a terrorist.

So the question is what do you believe in? What is in your own head?
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Uyi168: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

So the question is what do you believe in? What is in your own head?
I have no belief.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kaleidoscopic:

But how is God supposed to provide food for the poor or shelter for the homeless without human intervention? He uses people to do His works on earth. God wouldn't physically come down with trucks of food items or drugs like WFP or WHO, or would He? Humans have been given that task but we have continued to fail in our responsibilities as leaders of nations, and citizens of the world.
But I thought your god could do everything that there is nothing he cannot do. So he now requires human assistance. Good to know
Anyway alaye no dey cap carelessly people say that god is not man but I am pretty sure that most men would never turn a blind eye to the suffering of everyone if all he needs to do to change it is to snap his finger.
WHAT THAT SAYS IS THAT YOUR GOD IS A BAD PERSON SUCKA
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2022
ifyken:

But I thought your god could do everything that there is nothing he cannot do. So he now requires human assistance. Good to know
Anyway alaye no dey cap carelessly people say that god is not man but I am pretty sure that most men would never turn a blind eye to the suffering of everyone if all he needs to do to change it is to snap his finger.
WHAT THAT SAYS IS THAT YOUR GOD IS A BAD PERSON SUCKA

Hey, whoever or whatever you are and believe in, you're free to create a thread for attention and sympathy if you want. It's clear you're merely trying to appear controversial. I understand your thinking.
Re: Is God Truly Omniscient? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kaleidoscopic:

I agree with some things you said, but disagree with a few other assertions. God knows and sees all, and that means everything. Not just some things, but E.V.E.R.Y.T.H..I.N.G, whether good or bad, right or wrong. He does not choose to see some people's thoughts and turn a blind eye on others'. And please some of your scripture quotations are misinterpreted. If we get three theologians today to interpret those scriptures, chances are that all three would have differing views, based on their various learning experiences, inspiration and even the version of the Bible they are studying!

Please get those theologians and let them interpret those verses again but their interpretation must have a practical application that the listeners may know how to apply what they're learning not just some mysterious interpretation of no benefits! Isaiah 48:17-18

(1) (Reply)

As A Christian, Beware Of Whom U Take Gift From. / Re: Picture Of Jesus And His Father By (antichrist) A Muslim Faithful. / Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.