Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,519 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana (1542 Views)

See The Groom's And Bride's Mothers' Outfits /Dance That Got People Talking / An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) / You Must Marry Me - Lady Tells Married Man (2) (3) (4)

Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by emyo9(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Leo Leo Umana

....My first bill if elected.

David John, Uyo.

The Covener, Bachelors Must Marry Ministry, Mr. Leo Leo Umana has called on families to look into the high cost of marriage list and bride price in Akwa Ibom State.

Making the call today on his Facebook wall, he wrote "Bachelors must Marry! But Marriage is very costly in Our society. Let Marriage list and bride price be reduced please".

"Parents and families that put generator and motorcycle in marriage list, how do they sleep at the night? Umana queries.

Mr. Umana who is also the Executive Director, Akwa Ibom State Internal Revenue Service, promised to make sure if he elected into Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly in 2023 the bill on regulation of Marriage list and bride price would be his first bill in the house.

Bachelors Must Marry Ministry is a Non Profitable organisation that is aim at encouraging young men who are of marriageable age to marry and start an early family and be responsible for themselves and to the society.

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Parents and families that put generator and motorcycle in marriage list, how do they sleep at the night? Umana queries.

Seriously though? cheesy
...but na Igbo marriage list matter them carry for head for this platform.

If a thread about Igbo marriage list is created about a hundred times, it’ll hit front page a hundred and one times!
This issue cuts across almost all regions in Nigeria.

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by DDDEnterprises: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
some bride price list be looking like the annual budget for a whole local government...

Tueh!!!
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Uyi168: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
If the discussion is not relationship, bf and gf, marriage, or religion, count an average black man out.

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

Seriously though? cheesy
...but na Igbo marriage list matter them carry for head for this platform.

If a thread about Igbo marriage list is created about a hundred times, it’ll hit front page a hundred and one times!
This issue cuts across almost all regions in Nigeria.
Lol....A big matter here in the SE.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol....A big matter here in the SE.

Yeah. But it’s not our turn today. cheesy
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Pavore9: 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

When it is your turn for Ihe Nrisa, make sure you drop invitation card! cheesy
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2021
Pavore9:

Hehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ooh....Ekere ya eke..cheesy

That thing is somehow...And na y some men dont regard their wife after paying all those things..They will feel like she is a package they purchased.

For my cousins, I will find the way to influence my uncle to make sure he isn't selling them.

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Munzy14:

Ooh....Ekere ya eke..cheesy

Ehenu! cheesy
I choro I derail ya?

That thing is somehow...And na y some men dont regard their wife after paying all those things..They will feel like she is a package they purchased.

For my cousins, I will find the way to influence my uncle to make sure he isn't selling them.

Truth is, it is an issue that needs to be addressed. It is long overdue.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Talk to your fellow men, once upon a time, your male ancestors sat down to deliberate on how to extort valuables from suitors, they started to expand and elongate the list over the years according to the perceived pocket of the would-be-husband when they saw the profit derived from the venture, so talk to your fellow men.

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ehenu! cheesy
I choro I derail ya?

Truth is, it is an issue that needs to be addressed. It is long overdue.
Tougher economic situations will be an Impedance...

Most times it depends on the parents...If they are contented...Some do slash the agreed lists and dowry...I know s family friend...He never collected dowry for his two sis..His late dad instructed him not to.

And na good In-laws them get...Very healthy inter-family relationships amongst them..
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Munzy14:

Tougher economic situations will be an Impedance...

Really discouraging.

Most times it depends on the parents...If they are contented...Some do slash the agreed lists and dowry...I know s family friend...He never collected dowry for his two sis..His late dad instructed him not to.

And na good In-laws them get...Very healthy inter-family relationships amongst them..

That is good.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Vision101(m): 2:27am On Aug 18, 2021
Any young man that says that he cannot get married because of marriage list is actually not serious and ready.

You have been bleeping her for free and you want to take someone's daughter with handkerchief money as a wife.

Anything not paid for is not valued. When I become president I will make bleeping outside marriage a capital offence. grin

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by yuping(m): 3:19am On Aug 18, 2021
Vision101:

When I become president I will make bleeping outside marriage a capital offence. grin
Be careful you are now sounding like an extremist
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 6:36am On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Really discouraging.

That is good.
God go help us...Economy is scary....Only business folks will understand better....9am-5pm people won't feel it much..except when they visit markets.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 6:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Vision101:
Any young man that says that he cannot get married because of marriage list is actually not serious and ready.

You have been bleeping her for free and you want to take someone's daughter with handkerchief money as a wife.

Anything not paid for is not valued. When I become president I will make bleeping outside marriage a capital offence. grin
True...

When you are ready for particular lady, even her price is high, you won't see it a big deal....

People talk BS about these things when they are truely not ready in all aspects.

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 6:39am On Aug 18, 2021
Pavore9:

grin what is Ihe nrisa?
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 8:03am On Aug 18, 2021
Munzy14:

God go help us...Economy is scary....Only business folks will understand better....9am-5pm people won't feel it much..except when they visit markets.

I’d say business owners are better off because costs of living keep on increasing(almost on a daily basis), while the salary remains the same.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Pavore9: 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
Munzy14:

grin what is Ihe nrisa?

Traditional wedding.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

I’d say business owners are better off because costs of living keep on increasing(almost on a daily basis), while the salary remains the same.
Lol...you eeh.

But we get the memo faster than 9-5 people...

I Instructed my worker to increase price of our commodity...Next customers started asking if feed don Increase ..grin..I told them they av enjoyed affordable price from me, THINGS are changing...If price of petrol enter 300, It is finished..cheesy

This country sha...Well some people are still balling with grace...My friend that fixes my car, pulled up in my place this afternoon with a 2019 model hilux..come dey blow siren on top..grin grin

Thats 20M on wheels..

No mata how bad the country is, some people are smiling...Nothing pass business...9am-5 no get guarantee...
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Pavore9:

Traditional wedding.
Ok...it's been a while nwanne.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol...you eeh.

But we get the memo faster than 9-5 people...

I Instructed my worker to increase price of our commodity...Next customers started asking if feed don Increase ..grin..I told them they av enjoyed affordable price from me, THINGS are changing...If price of petrol enter 300, It is finished..cheesy

Prices increase almost every time we go to get supplies. It’s no joke!
Remember back then when you told me that one egg would soon be sold for a hundred naira? Well, we’re almost there prophet Munzy! cheesy

It’s scary to imagine how Nigeria would be like before 2023. undecided

This country sha...Well some people are still balling with grace...My friend that fixes my car, pulled up in my place this afternoon with a 2019 model hilux..come dey blow siren on top..grin grin

Thats 20M on wheels..

Si ya kee ga gi ncha. cheesy
I ga sa nwuli?

No mata how bad the country is, some people are smiling...Nothing pass business...9am-5 no get guarantee...

Yeah. That’s right.
No matter how bad a situation is, some people must benefit from it.

Most employees are overworked these days.
Exploitation of humans is the order of the day in Nigeria.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 6:57am On Aug 19, 2021
mariahAngel:

Prices increase almost every time we go to get supplies. It’s no joke!
Remember back then when you told me that one egg would soon be sold for a hundred naira? Well, we’re almost there prophet Munzy! cheesy

It’s scary to imagine how Nigeria would be like before 2023. undecided

Si ya kee ga gi ncha. cheesy
I ga sa nwuli?

Yeah. That’s right.
No matter how bad a situation is, some people must benefit from it.

Most employees are overworked these days.
Exploitation of humans is the order of the day in Nigeria.
Exactly why I said we get the memo first, wail over it and adjust gradually before 9-5..

You know egg is the cheapest protein now, yet it's going up gradually...Me av stopped thinking about the situation...living everyday to the best I can...I can't kill myself...cheesy

No, It's not ncha o..lol.
Grace found him..A company from One of the European countries contacted him to source some native hausa fruits and ship them...

Ego kariri regarding the exchange rate...So ndi ahu juru ya ugbo ala o ga a like, ya si ha hilux a week later, alert a suo..cheesy

O na akwa do i ga Ghana soon...to source more..

Abundant grace.....mu na ndi ncha anaghi eme ko o...I believe in Genuine legit organic hustle...When the money start coming, even witch no fit stop am..cheesy

More of slow and steady rise.

This is the worst time for 9-5 people...Economy is crying...Some go on credit before month end.

But no think am o....Just accept the realities and keep pushing.. Consistency is key...This is year for the courageous...

Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by babyfaceafrica: 7:08am On Aug 19, 2021
Vision101:

Not everyone sleeps with a girl before marriage, so your assertion is wrong
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by babyfaceafrica: 7:09am On Aug 19, 2021
Vision101:

We didn't pay for breath of life, but we value it
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by babyfaceafrica: 7:11am On Aug 19, 2021
Vision101:
Any young man that says that he cannot get married because of [b]marriage list [/b]is actually not serious and ready.

Nobody is against marriage list, but it should be reasonable. Marriage list shouldn't be a poverty alleviation scheme to enrich families
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Munzy14:

Exactly why I said we get the memo first, wail over it and adjust gradually before 9-5..

No be small wailing. grin

You know egg is the cheapest protein now, yet it's going up gradually...Me av stopped thinking about the situation...living everyday to the best I can...I can't kill myself...cheesy

Egg is now one for the former price of two.

No, It's not ncha o..lol.

I know na. Ginwa sef...cheesy
Gbajiere’m ncha ri uzo abuo okwa I ma? cheesy
I meant the legit one.

Grace found him..A company from One of the European countries contacted him to source some native hausa fruits and ship them...

Ego kariri regarding the exchange rate...So ndi ahu juru ya ugbo ala o ga a like, ya si ha hilux a week later, alert a suo..cheesy

O na akwa do i ga Ghana soon...to source more..

Owu agba-ilu ka owu date fruits?

Abundant grace.....mu na ndi ncha anaghi eme ko o...I believe in Genuine legit organic hustle...When the money start coming, even witch no fit stop am..cheesy

More of slow and steady rise.

Nothing pass legit dealings.

This is the worst time for 9-5 people...Economy is crying...Some go on credit before month end.

But no think am o....Just accept the realities and keep pushing.. Consistency is key...This is year for the courageous...

No joke!

Right.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
[quote author=mariahAngel post=104961654][/quote]
Lol...here o ka wu 60-80 depending on size.

True...cheesy Na my guy sha..Very close one..Definitely my closest friend in a way..We have too many business to run..This is just starting...Ya wuru maka ncha ..ihe m ga e buru wu otu carton..grin

Their is a local fruit we have it here in SE...very wild and sweet...my Mom na akpo ya ùtù..

Ma shea...just some native northern wild fruits.

It's a big firm....That wants to establish base here......He is going to be sole coordinator here..

You no when someone tells you my status now don pass village witch...grin cheesy
I was happy for that statement..Because I was scared mgbe o si m na ya choro i buru ugbo-ala la ruo village.

Yes na..sure peace of mind.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol...here o ka wu 60-80 depending on size.

True...cheesy Na my guy sha..Very close one..Definitely my closest friend in a way..We have too many business to run..This is just starting...Ya wuru maka ncha ..ihe m ga e buru wu otu carton..grin

If he’s willing to introduce you into it, then that’s very generous of him.
Not many people can do that.

Their is a local fruit we have it here in SE...very wild and sweet...my Mom na akpo ya ùtù..

Ma shea...just some native northern wild fruits.

I wonder what it looks like...

Shea nuts? They say west African Shea is one of the most sought after.
Since white people discovered it’s benefits, especially for their type of skin, its worth have increased.

I hear kolanut is highly sought after too.

It's a big firm....That wants to establish base here......He is going to be sole coordinator here..

You no when someone tells you my status now don pass village witch...grin cheesy

I was happy for that statement..Because I was scared mgbe o si m na ya choro i buru ugbo-ala la ruo village.

Yes na..sure peace of mind.

He’s made! cheesy
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by Munzy14(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
mariahAngel:

If he’s willing to introduce you into it, then that’s very generous of him.
Not many people can do that.

I wonder what it looks like...

Shea nuts? They say west African Shea is one of the most sought after.
Since white people discovered it’s benefits, especially for their type of skin, its worth have increased.

I hear kolanut is highly sought after too.

He’s made! cheesy
Abii...cheesy

I just want him to be a plug for my oversea holiday and business when he expands and establish a base there..cheesy I like good life.

If na business we are doing a lot of partnerships moving forward..He even called this afternoon for a biz link and Ideas....
My life...I don't keep friends, but if i do, It's more like bro or sister.....onye nke a m gwara gi na o wu enyi m, he is a special person and one who acts like me.

Yes, a lot of things we have here are hot cake outside the continent..Abundantly blessed.

Yes he is made..For someone who drives 20m on wheels...
Plus fat cash coming in for facilities and logistics.

His In-laws gave him this connection..A case of if you hustle money no come, go and marry...Your wife might be the destiny helper in a Man's life.
Re: Bachelors Must Marry But Marriage List And Bride Price Should Be Reduced - Umana by mariahAngel(f): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
Munzy14:

Abii...cheesy

I just want him to be a plug for my oversea holiday and business when he expands and establish a base there..cheesy I like good life.

Onye uwa oma. cheesy

If na business we are doing a lot of partnerships moving forward..He even called this afternoon for a biz link and Ideas....
My life...I don't keep friends, but if i do, It's more like bro or sister.....onye nke a m gwara gi na o wu enyi m, he is a special person and one who acts like me.

Yeah. It’s better to have one quality friend than a quantity of “friends”.

Yes, a lot of things we have here are hot cake outside the continent..Abundantly blessed.

Yes he is made..For someone who drives 20m on wheels...
Plus fat cash coming in for facilities and logistics.

His In-laws gave him this connection..A case of if you hustle money no come, go and marry...Your wife might be the destiny helper in a Man's life.

Ezigbo ogo! grin

Bike Rider Slaps His Wife While On Bike (video) See Reactions / What Do You Tell Your Children About Gays? / Why Do Men Mistreat/blame Women When They Are Financially Broke?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55