Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) (81502 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. And what have you learned? That biased is an adjective and not a verb. That my use of the word "appalling" was rightly used in the sentence. You seemed to have displayed more of eloquence than intelligence.

Me: Made a mistake on bias(ed)
You: Called biased a verb. Used "newspapers" incorrectly. Didn't know that the word "appalling" fits the message I was conveying. I had to explain it to him. I have corrected you more than twice. And he is still chest thumping. What a doofus!

All your points of arguments in this thread have shown a deep lack of understanding of the issues at hand.

1. Only one with an infantile brain like you doesn't know Biden has screwed up the evacuation. I hope you have watched CNN today? The criticism of Biden continues. I hope you are aware there are many American citizens trapped in Afghanistan who can't assess the airport and the US military have said they don't have the capacity to move beyond the airport.

2. Only one with no intelligence at all wouldn't have known that with a force of 2500 troops Biden met on ground, there was no need reducing that number (infact, reinforcements who have been sent) to allow for safe return of Americans currently trapped in Afghanistan. And in your lame argument, you said sending such reinforcements would have not been easy. Planning, supply lines would need time to be created bla bla bla. Lol. How long did it take for Biden to send back 1000 troops into Afghanistan when the situation was getting out of control? In your shallow mind, troops deployments must come from continental US? Lol. Clown!

3. As for Fox news that you keep bleating about, if you had read to understand, you would have known that I rarely read Fox news (because of reasons I had explained), still they are an imperfect alternative to the liberal media. It would only take high level situational awareness of world events to be able to sieve out what you get from Fox news (and CNN too). And if you were not dumb, I explained to you that both CNN and fox news show biases but that of Fox news is worse.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing...
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
IjeBos:

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing...

Lol. Empty drums actually make the loudest noise! Keep running from pillar to post. You wouldn't acknowledge the corrections I made to your blunder? grin

Clown!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. Empty drums actually make the loudest noise! Keep running from pillar to post. You wouldn't acknowledge the corrections I made to your blunder? grin

Clown!

I corrected your use of bias[ed] multiple times. I even posted a link with the usage. A mistake happens once (like a mistype when you're multitasking (verb vs. adjective)), when you do something 4 times, it means you haven't seen the word constructed in a sentence. That means you don't read as much as you'd like people to believe.

appalled adjective : affected by strong feelings of shock and dismay.
You're usage was inappropriate. Beyond the literal meaning of a word, words have connotations(the feeling/s the word invokes). Appalled invokes shock at something particularly horrifying. That connotation didn't fit your usage of it.

Proper Usage: the Allied commanders were appalled to learn that 300 glider troops had drowned at sea.
Your Usage: And not knowing when to use "newspapers" and "digital newspapers" is quite appalling!

And check out some of it's synonyms
Synonyms for appalling
abhorrent, abominable, awful, disgusting, distasteful, dreadful, evil, foul, fulsome, gross, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrid, loathsome, nasty, nauseating, nauseous, noisome, noxious, obnoxious, obscene, odious, offensive, rancid, repellent (also repellant), repugnant, repulsive, revolting, scandalous, shocking, sickening, ugly

I hope you can see the difference.
Using "appalled" in the way you did, just makes people think your vocabulary is limited and your trying to inflate your own intelligence/importance by using what you think are big words.. improperly.

And that brings me to my final point. When I'm in Nigeria I tend to meet a lot of people like you. People who don't know how little they really know. And too proud to admit it. So they argue, stand in their ignorance and huff and puff using inflated words. All in turn betraying the fact that they are little and insecure. I find it funny as if no one can see through that. Case in point. You should pay me for schooling you.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
IjeBos:

I corrected your use of bias[ed] multiple times. I even posted a link with the usage. A mistake happens once (like a mistype when you're multitasking (verb vs. adjective)), when you do something 4 times, it means you haven't seen the word constructed in a sentence. That means you don't read as much as you'd like people to believe.

You're usage was inappropriate. Beyond the literal meaning of a word, words have connotations(the feeling/s the word invokes). Appalled invokes shock at something particularly horrifying. That connotation didn't fit your usage of it.

Proper Usage: the Allied commanders were appalled to learn that 300 glider troops had drowned at sea.
Your Usage: And not knowing when to use "newspapers" and "digital newspapers" is quite appalling!

Using "appalled" in the way you did, just makes people think your vocabulary is limited and your trying to inflate your own intelligence/importance by using what you think are big words.. improperly.

And that brings me to my final point. When I'm in Nigeria I tend to meet a lot of people like you. People who don't know how little they really know. And too proud to admit it. So they argue, stand in their ignorance and huff and puff using inflated words. All in turn betraying the fact that they are little and insecure. I find it funny as if no one can see through that. Case in point.

4 times? Lol. Look at this overfed clown. Go back and read!

Check out the meaning of "Appalling" below. Do you know "Appalling" could also mean "Shocking"? Do you know it could also mean "Disappointing"?

Let's take a look at your definition; appalled adjective : affected by strong feelings of shock and dismay.

If your skull was not empty, you would have realized that I was appalled (shocked, dismayed (a feeling of disappointment) that someone who I thought was a learned fellow do not know the difference between getting information from a "Newspaper" and from "Tv" and "internet". If this is not "appalling" enough, he doesn't know the word "biased" can't be a verb.

I know people like you and I have stated it before; 7/10 eloquence, 0 intelligence and only learned fellows like us know that eloquence doesn't equate to intelligence.

"Whenever you come to Nigeria"? Lol. So you live outside the country and you don't know how Biden has bundled the evacuation process? Waste of abroad space! Come back to Nigeria so you can be listening to NTA and AIT!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
IjeBos:

And check out some of it's synonyms
Synonyms for appalling
abhorrent, abominable, awful, disgusting, distasteful, dreadful, evil, foul, fulsome, gross, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrid, loathsome, nasty, nauseating, nauseous, noisome, noxious, obnoxious, obscene, odious, offensive, rancid, repellent (also repellant), repugnant, repulsive, revolting, scandalous, shocking, sickening, ugly

And that brings me to my final point. When I'm in Nigeria I tend to meet a lot of people like you. People who don't know how little they really know. And too proud to admit it. So they argue, stand in their ignorance and huff and puff using inflated words. All in turn betraying the fact that they are little and insecure. I find it funny as if no one can see through that. Case in point. You should pay me for schooling you.

Check out the meaning of "Appalling" below. Do you know "Appalling" can also mean "Shocking"? Do you know it can also mean "Disappointing"?

Let's take a look at your definition; appalled adjective : affected by strong feelings of shock and dismay.

If your skull was not empty, you would have realized that I was appalled (shocked, dismayed (a feeling of disappointment) that someone who I thought was a learned fellow do not know the difference between getting information from a "Newspaper" and from "Tv" and "internet". If this is not "appalling" enough, he doesn't know the word "biased" can't be a verb.

I know people like you and I have stated it before; 7/10 eloquence, 0 intelligence and only learned fellows like us know that eloquence doesn't equate to intelligence.

"Whenever you come to Nigeria"? Lol. So you live outside the country and you don't know how Biden has bundled the evacuation process? Waste of abroad space! Come back to Nigeria so you can be listening to NTA and AIT!

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
Meninmen:

Check out the meaning of "Appalling" below. Do you know "Appalling" can also mean "Shocking"? Do you know it can also mean "Disappointing"?

My God you don't know when to quit. It's as if you enjoy me abusing you, like Stockholm syndrome. Since you enjoy it let me continue eh.

I'm sorry, it wasn't 4 times you used biased improperly it was 5.
1.)
Meninmen:

You will be sounding like a clown though if you want to argue that only Fox news is bias.

2.)
Meninmen:

CNN was hugely bias in favour of the Obama adm and against the Trump adm for example.

3.)
Meninmen:

Same way Fox news was bias in favour of the Trump adm,
4.)
Meninmen:

was bias against Obama and it's being bias against Biden adm (even though that of Fox news is worse). If you are arguing this, then I need to know when you started following US Politics.
5.)
Meninmen:

(This is where CNN has an edge). Both CNN and Foxnews are bias !

And I explained to you what a connotation of a word is and yet you STILL drone on about definitions. Technically you used the word properly but a "learned" fellow like yourself should know its still not the best usage or word choice.
How are you disproving my point about you? "So they argue, stand in their ignorance and huff and puff using inflated words. All in turn betraying the fact that they are little and insecure."

Us Learned fellows eh... Lol.. Let me leave you small.
Fyi, a smarter man would have figured out that I'm based in the US by now.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
IjeBos:

My God you don't know when to quit. It's as if you enjoy me abusing you, like Stockholm syndrome. Since you enjoy it let me continue eh.

I'm sorry, it wasn't 4 times you used biased improperly it was 5.
1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

And I explained to you what a connotation of a word is and yet you STILL drone on about definitions. Technically you used the word properly but a "learned" fellow like yourself should know its an improper usage.
How are you disproving my point about you? "So they argue, stand in their ignorance and huff and puff using inflated words. All in turn betraying the fact that they are little and insecure."

Us Learned fellows eh... Lol.. Let me leave you small.
Fyi, a smarter man would have figured out that I'm based in the US by now.

Lol. Continue disgracing yourself. Stockholm syndrome indeed. So how does Stockholm syndrome (SS) fit into this discuss? If you must know, for you to say one has SS, the victim/Captive must have a "Positive feeling/Sympathy" for his/her abuser/Captor. We have been having heated exchanges for some days now. That is not classical of SS olodo!

Let me make an example for you. Some "Buharists" will defend Buhari, no matter the harsh economic situation he has put them. They see nothing wrong with what he does even though they are suffering because of him.

Another example. Imagine a Man from Benue whose parents were killed by Fulani herdsmen heaping praises on the same herdsmen. That's the Nigeria context of SS. It's like a Master/Slave relationship. You are not my Captor neither do you stand at a higher pedestal than me. I am not praising you, neither do I have any sympathy/positive inclination towards you or the views you hold!
And for every abuse you have given me, I have given you double! grin

Lol. Only a clown would argue that my usage of "appalling" is improper. Go back and read the write up, this time slowly.

You live in the US? Hahahaha grin. You just confirmed my diagnosis; 6/10 eloquence, 0 intelligence! Lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Iran Hackers Hack Into American Government’s Website / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) / Namibia Is One Of The World's Emptiest Countries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.