Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) (81492 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by naijaman2225(m): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Best speech ever.... Blunt and straight forward

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

REMAIN BLESSED FOR THIS.

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

What were the objectives of the US when they entered Afghanistan? It was simply to defeat Al-Qaeda and prevent attack on US soil from these countries they invaded after 9/11 and they have met that objective. Throughout the years they were in Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda was seriously degraded and no known attack my Jihadists on US soil. America were already tired of the war. They were already having war fatigue. For 20 years? They have tried. They need to come home (only the manner of the pull out that is not too pleasant).

So because you didn't initiate an agreement, you are not obliged to keep an agreement you signed with your own hands? Funny human being. This is the reason some Americans are after Biden. Since they were not keeping to their own side of a signed agreement, you have every justifiable right to attack them with whatever you have. But now, it seems the Taliban pursued the US out of Afghanistan (even if the US had planned to leave initially). This is a PR Victory for the Taliban and Countries like Iran who want the US to leave the entire middle East.

As for China, go read how and why their steatlh fighter jets have close resemblance to that of the US. There are documented cases of China stealing or attempting to steal US military technology. Go educate yourself on that!
coolAm certainly the education u asking me to go for on Chinese copy copy is western gibberish? No thank u. U need to open your eyes and rid urself of western manipulation. Am amused u tink the Taliban won a PR victory? That the Taliban shud have abided by d terms of a floppy ceasefire? That Biden ought to have attacked them for not doing so? Yet u tink u know about Afghanistan? If US went to Afghanistan to defeat Al-Qaeda, why den did they not find Osama there? Why was Al-Qaeda not a party to the war for 20yrs? If you have any single proof linking Osama to 9/11, please let me into it. Wen western paparazzis said Osama had fled to Waziristan why didn’t the Americans pursue after him to d place? Wen they said he had been killed Why didn’t they end d war? Why were they attempting to install a western government on Afghanistan? And westernize its people?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Krismas:
cool[s]Am certainly the education u asking me to go for on Chinese copy copy is western gibberish? No thank u. U need to open your eyes and rid urself of western manipulation. Am amused u tink the Taliban won a PR victory? That the Taliban shud have abided by d terms of a floppy ceasefire? That Biden ought to have attacked them for not doing so? Yet u tink u know about Afghanistan? If US went to Afghanistan to defeat Al-Qaeda, why den did they not find Osama there? Why was Al-Qaeda not a party to the war for 20yrs? If you have any single proof linking Osama to 9/11, please let me into it. Wen western paparazzis said Osama had fled to Waziristan why didn’t the Americans pursue after him to d place? Wen they said he had been killed Why didn’t they end d war? Why were they attempting to install a western government on Afghanistan? And westernize its people?[/s]

You are probably a Muslim. Check online. You will see Bin laden's role in 9/11.

Bye!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by descartes400: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
IjeBos:

I'll leave you Trump's own words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAr3NpYVkpI
"I started the process, All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. [The Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process."

No body is arguing that the Troops should for ever remain in Afghanistan. Trump knew that and that's why he initiated the process of Troops withdrawal.

What we are saying is that the method of execution of the Troop withdrawal would have certainly been different from the choatic scene we all saw were it to be Trump. Trump will be strategic and methodical.

The Taliban respected and feared Trump. Infact Trump said about 11 hours ago that he warned the presumed Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar in discussions last year that the United States will strike back tenfold if an American was harmed or the militants encroached on un approved areas. That deal, he said, appears to be mooted as the Taliban raged through the country and took Kabul within a matter of days while Americans and Westerners are trapped within. He said; I told him upfront...let me tell you right now that if anything happens to Americans or anybody else or if you ever come over to our land
We will hit you with force that no country has ever been hit with before. A force so great that you won't even believe it....
...That's Trump talking.

NOW! imagined how Trump Administration handled the US southern border compare to how the Biden Admistration is handling it NOW!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

You are probably a Muslim. Check online. You will see Bin laden's role in 9/11.

Bye!
coolOnline again? U western lapdog! Anything CNN say, its ur Bible. U living a lie, and u non d wise for it. Completely deluded and narrow-minded.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

I'm confused? Lol. Okay, let me do a quick recap. You said the Afghan president fled and the Afghan army disintegrated without fighting for their country. And I said those are not really the issues as it relates to this discussion. This whole debacle is as a result of the poor foresight of the US government (Trump and Biden, but since Biden is the current POTUS, the buck stops at his table, as the Americans will say).

Don't be deceived. There have always been reports that the Afghan military can't stand the Taliban. Infact, some reports indicated the Afghan military were arming the Talibans. For example, the US Congress created SIGAR – the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction since 2008 has continually released report on Afghanistan. There are several reports indicating that the Afghan military is not disciplined enough to withstand the Taliban advances. Only a government without foresight will put it's 100% hope on the Afghan military.

Actually, most of your write up is meaningless though. I have never said Trump has no part in this show of shame. All your write up about the timeline of events and Trump's role is quite meaningless.

During Biden's speech he blamed Trump (and everyone else). How come Biden followed through with Trump's plan and still you stand there to blame him? I'm not a fan of Trump, but please don't tell me he was boxed in because of the deal Trump made with the Taliban. If he was really boxed in, then he should have completed the withdrawal in May which was the agreement.

Biden is the C-in-C and just as he has rightly said, the buck stops at his table. Trump is no longer president.

This is what I think he should have done. With the Taliban continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, he would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely. Actually, what has compounded Biden's problems is what he has said with his mouth. He said helicopter will not be used to evacuate US embassy officials in Kabul as was done in Saigon. He said the Taliban can't overrun the country. He said the Afghan military can stand and fight. All of these turned out to be false. If all of these statements were because of assurances given to him by his intelligence officials, then we need to start scrutinizing all of his appointments.

The white house have admitted that "a fair amount of weapons have fallen into the hands of the Taliban". If you don't know that China has always bought US weapons from countries and groups for the purpose of studying American military technology, then you are not as knowledgeable as you are fronting!

The singular issue is that the Afghan army we trained for 20 years at a cost of 88 BILLION US gave up their weapons and fled.

This stuff is about context. I assume everyone believed the Afghan Govt. wouldn't last, hence the negotiations with the Taliban and the rush to remove Afghanis who worked with the US. The issue is that the consensus view of all the intelligence and military was that the Afghan army could hold on for some time and maybe hold onto Kabul. Few people expected it to collapse the way it did. The evacuation plan was drawn up given that consensus view. The Afghan army failed spectacularly. These guys aren't witches that can divine the future. Mistakes do happen with Intelligence.

Now, why the write up? To give you context as to Biden's decision. I'm sorry, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you would glean some context into Biden's decision esp. regarding the troop deployment issues. Once Trump reduced the troop level to 2500, it triggered a lot of other things. It meant they had to bring home all their armaments, had to close down bases, lost significant intel capabilities (you would be fighting insurgents in Kabul not knowing who is part of the Taliban), lost all the support lanes, would have to retake and re-clear all the places the troops departed. And to prevent the Taliban's march to Kabul, that is what would have had to happen. And that wouldn't have happened without significant fighting and loss of US life. That is what Trump meant when he said he started the process and they couldn't stop it. Yes, Biden could have sent the troops back, given all the obstacles I listed above, but he knew if he send more Troops in they would possibly be there for years. There was no option to reengage in a battle with the Taliban, without a lengthy and EXPENSIVE (blood and treasure) fight. And that's what would have happened on May 1st.

This China stuff makes you sound ridiculous. China has world class hackers, spies and money which means they could have already gotten their hands on the type of US systems we left behind if they wanted. The highly sensitive stuff, the US would have removed early on or destroyed on the way out exactly like you saw all the fires in the Embassy raging. The issue is not the China or Russia getting the weapons but terrorists getting them or Taliban having better weapons in the future if we need to go back (but the weapons require know how and US parts in order to maintain, and good luck with the Taliban getting that).
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
descartes400:

No body is arguing that the Troops should for ever remain in Afghanistan. Trump knew that and that's why he initiated the process of Troops withdrawal.

What we are saying is that the method of execution of the Troop withdrawal would have certainly been different from the choatic scene we all saw were it to be Trump. Trump will be strategic and methodical.

The Taliban respected and feared Trump. Infact Trump said about 11 hours ago that he warned the presumed Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar in discussions last year that the United States will strike back tenfold if an American was harmed or the militants encroached on un approved areas. That deal, he said, appears to be mooted as the Taliban raged through the country and took Kabul within a matter of days while Americans and Westerners are trapped within. He said; I told him upfront...let me tell you right now that if anything happens to Americans or anybody else or if you ever come over to our land
We will hit you with force that no country has ever been hit with before. A force so great that you won't even believe it....
...That's Trump talking.

NOW! imagined how Trump Administration handled the US southern border compare to how the Biden Admistration is handling it NOW!

You know Trump fired his defense secretary Esper after he lost the election because Esper thought his plan to remove troops form Afghanistan was hasty, too quick and irresponsible and would cause problems. He got a new Defence Secretary who did it and finished it a week before Biden came into office. But you are arguing Trump would have been strategic and methodical? No one believed that even his Defense Secretary who left.

And Trump released 5000 Taliban soldiers which the Taliban used to take over Afhanistan. He also released the man who is now the leader of the Taliban. And after the Taliban took over, they released all the AlQuaeda from prison. Yes, the Taliban really feared Trump. Lol

Stop worshiping a man , especially one as deficient as Trump.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by 30naira: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Best speech ever.... Blunt and straight forward

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

I agree with the decision to withdraw troops from Afghan, but I think it should have been done in a more orderly manner, perhaps drawn out over a longer period, to allow time for the Afghan military to take over the war.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Jerryherd: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
30naira:

I agree with the decision to withdraw troops from Afghan, but I think it should have been done in a more orderly manner, perhaps drawn out over a longer period, to allow time for the Afghan military to take over the war.

Yeah in batches, that was what Trump had been doing since. Just that Taliban waited till US troops had fewer boots on ground
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
IjeBos:

The singular issue is that the Afghan army we trained for 20 years at a cost of 88 BILLION US gave up their weapons and fled.

This stuff is about context. I assume everyone believed the Afghan Govt. wouldn't last, hence the negotiations with the Taliban and the rush to remove Afghanis who worked with the US. The issue is that the consensus view of all the intelligence and military was that the Afghan army could hold on for some time and maybe hold onto Kabul. Few people expected it to collapse the way it did. The evacuation plan was drawn up given that consensus view. The Afghan army failed spectacularly. These guys aren't witches that can divine the future. Mistakes do happen with Intelligence.

Now, why the write up? To give you context as to Biden's decision. I'm sorry, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you would glean some context into Biden's decision esp. regarding the troop deployment issues. Once Trump reduced the troop level to 2500, it triggered a lot of other things. It meant they had to bring home all their armaments, had to close down bases, lost significant intel capabilities (you would be fighting insurgents in Kabul not knowing who is part of the Taliban), lost all the support lanes, would have to retake and re-clear all the places the troops departed. And to prevent the Taliban's march to Kabul, that is what would have had to happen. And that wouldn't have happened without significant fighting and loss of US life. That is what Trump meant when he said he started the process and they couldn't stop it. Yes, Biden could have sent the troops back, given all the obstacles I listed above, but he knew if he send more Troops in they would possibly be there for years. There was no option to reengage in a battle with the Taliban, without a lengthy and EXPENSIVE (blood and treasure) fight. And that's what would have happened on May 1st.

This China stuff makes you sound ridiculous. China has world class hackers, spies and money which means they could have already gotten their hands on the type of US systems we left behind if they wanted. The highly sensitive stuff, the US would have removed early on or destroyed on the way out exactly like you saw all the fires in the Embassy raging. The issue is not the China or Russia getting the weapons but terrorists getting them or Taliban having better weapons in the future if we need to go back (but the weapons require know how and US parts in order to maintain, and good luck with the Taliban getting that).

Stop beating around the bush. Biden is feeling the heat. Even Pro-Democrat news media like CNN are roasting Biden. UK and Germany have laid the blame solely on the US.

A leader ought to be dynamic, not static. With an orderly pull out not feasible by Sept 11, Biden ought to have extended the pull out date even if it is September next year so there would be more time for safe evacuation. By that way, it wouldn't appear the US is "running from the Taliban" as it's been portrayed now. It is a major PR Victory for the Taliban and Countries like Iran that want the US out of the entire middle east. This was the case during the Vietnam war when the US "ran from the Vietnam with their tail between their legs. Now, under Biden, it has happened in Afghanistan, making many Americans compare the situation to the Vietnam situation and many have said this is worse.

If you say Biden didn't know the Taliban didn't have the capacity to overrun the Afghan military even while we were witnessing the Taliban gaining more territories until they got to Kabul, then Biden and his intelligence officials need to have their brains checked! Even a Child would have known that the Taliban will take Kabul with the momentum they were having. Kabul was not the first place to be taken. The Taliban captured far away provinces and was getting close to Kabul, but Biden was saying the Taliban can't capture Kabul, Afghan military will fight (even when the Taliban was already defeating Afghan military in the provinces they captured).

Lol. And you sound very Naive if you think China wouldn't want a piece of American military hardware so they can study it. The silver lining is that most of the equipments that must have fallen into the hands of the Taliban are not "highgrade".

I guess it was you that tried to pull an excuse of US debts for this shambolic withdrawal. Lol. Na today the US start to owe debts? Funny human being!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:

You mean western news or propaganda?

It's called sharia, same law that rules Northern Nigeria.

Western civilization is not for everyone
It's not completely practiced in Northern Nigerian
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by falseprophet: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
Sunmoluvic:

It's not completely practiced in Northern Nigerian

Tell that to hisba police and sharia courts
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by descartes400: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
IjeBos:

You know Trump fired his defense secretary Esper after he lost the election because Esper thought his plan to remove troops form Afghanistan was hasty, too quick and irresponsible and would cause problems. He got a new Defence Secretary who did it and finished it a week before Biden came into office. But you are arguing Trump would have been strategic and methodical? No one believed that even his Defense Secretary who left.

And Trump released 5000 Taliban soldiers which the Taliban used to take over Afhanistan. He also released the man who is now the leader of the Taliban. And after the Taliban took over, they released all the AlQuaeda from prison. Yes, the Taliban really feared Trump. Lol

Stop worshiping a man , especially one as deficient as Trump.

The Joke is on you. Trump is deficient quiet alright, like every other human being...But one thing is obvious about him..He has the capacity to lead and very effective at that compare to your Dementia Joe Biden who has been within the corridor of Washington Politics for almost 47 years and with all the assumed years of experience in foreign affairs, thought it wise to evacuate the military first then the civilians.

Trump is much smarter than Biden and his administration,
you evacuate the people first
You evacuate the military equipment next
3rd, you evacuate the military
A 5th grader could have figured this out but your Joe isn't smarter than a 5th grader. He has shown the people this without doubt in the past 7 months of his administration.

Your Joe Biden has never been correct on foreign affairs. Afghanistan demonstrated his complete ineptitude, one can only imagine what he will do next.

Your Joe did away with Trump's " conditional Withdrawal" do you understand the concept of one of the " Trump conditions" let me educated you...was if the Taliban controlled more than 5% of the territory all bets are off .

Trump isn't the president anymore. This falls on your Joe Biden and the whole world knows that.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

Stop beating around the bush. Biden is feeling the heat. Even Pro-Democrat news media like CNN are roasting Biden. UK and Germany have laid the blame solely on the US.

A leader ought to be dynamic, not static. With an orderly pull out not feasible by Sept 11, Biden ought to have extended the pull out date even if it is September next year so there would be more time for safe evacuation. By that way, it wouldn't appear the US is "running from the Taliban" as it's been portrayed now. It is a major PR Victory for the Taliban and Countries like Iran that want the US out of the entire middle east. This was the case during the Vietnam war when the US "ran from the Vietnam with their tail between their legs. Now, under Biden, it has happened in Afghanistan, making many Americans compare the situation to the Vietnam situation and many have said this is worse.

If you say Biden didn't know the Taliban didn't have the capacity to overrun the Afghan military even while we were witnessing the Taliban gaining more territories until they got to Kabul, then Biden and his intelligence officials need to have their brains checked! Even a Child would have known that the Taliban will take Kabul with the momentum they were having. Kabul was not the first place to be taken. The Taliban captured far away provinces and was getting close to Kabul, but Biden was saying the Taliban can't capture Kabul, Afghan military will fight (even when the Taliban was already defeating Afghan military in the provinces they captured).

Lol. And you sound very Naive if you think China wouldn't want a piece of American military hardware so they can study it. The silver lining is that most of the equipments that must have fallen into the hands of the Taliban are not "highgrade".

I guess it was you that tried to pull an excuse of US debts for this shambolic withdrawal. Lol. Na today the US start to owe debts? Funny human being!

I actually care little about what the Media says and at this point attaching blame. The media hyperventilates as usual to keep eyes on their 24 hour news. And until there are actual hearings in Congress, we won't get a definitive idea of what truly went wrong. Biden is the President and for better or worse he will be responsible. But not every time something goes wrong did someone do something wrong. But that takes emotional intelligence to understand. Not sure you're there yet.

But, I think you should read up on war and troop deployments. You seem to know little about it. It's like you are playing a video game in your head. You push a button and a massive amount of troops, supply lines and intelligence are deployed and stationed when you want them and in the interim the enemy just allows all this to happen.

Seriously though, there has been a ton of great reporting on this. Google it, and read it, it's actually quite interesting. But it requires some discernment and logical reasoning. Again, from what you've already written, not sure you're mature or smart enough. And turn off Fox News, I'm 100% sure that's where you get most of your "News" (by your "Pro Democrat" News comment). Good Luck.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:

Tell that to hisba police and sharia courts
Girls go to school here and women are allowed ot drive and do other things
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
descartes400:
[/b]

The Joke is on you. Trump is deficient quiet alright, like every other human being...But one thing is obvious about him..He has the capacity to lead and very effective at that compare to your Dementia Joe Biden who has been within the corridor of Washington Politics for almost 47 years and with all the assumed years of experience in foreign affairs, thought it wise to evacuate the military first then the civilians.

Trump is much smarter than Biden and his administration,
you evacuate the people first
You evacuate the military equipment next
3rd, you evacuate the military
A 5th grader could have figured this out but your Joe isn't smarter than a 5th grader. He has shown the people this without doubt in the past 7 months of his administration.

Your Joe Biden has never been correct on foreign affairs. Afghanistan demonstrated his complete ineptitude, one can only imagine what he will do next.

Your Joe did away with Trump's " conditional Withdrawal" do you understand the concept of one of the " Trump conditions" let me educated you...was if the Taliban controlled more than 5% of the territory all bets are off .

Trump isn't the president anymore. This falls on your Joe Biden and the whole world knows that.

Idiot, Trump started the evacuation. Ask yourself if Trump believed they only controlled 5% of the country why would he be negotiating our withdrawal with them instead of the Afghan govt. and why release 5000 of their soldiers to do so. There was no Conditional Withdrawal. That's why he fired his Defense Sec. because he told him the Taliban was going back on the agreement and it wasn't wise to continue. You heard his words. He reduced the troop level from 14000 to 2500. The list you gave, HE DIDN'T DO. But you are using the list to say that he was somehow competent. Jesus, I think Trump sycophants' in the US are demented but what type of Crazy do you have to be to be in Nigerian supporting a man like Trump. SEEK HELP.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
IjeBos:

[s]I actually care little about what the Media says and at this point attaching blame. The media hyperventilates as usual to keep eyes on their 24 hour news. And until there are actual hearings in Congress, we won't get a definitive idea of what truly went wrong. Biden is the President and for better or worse he will be responsible. But not every time something goes wrong did someone do something wrong. But that takes emotional intelligence to understand. Not sure you're there yet.

But, I think you should read up on war and troop deployments. You seem to know little about it. It's like you are playing a video game in your head. You push a button and a massive amount of troops, supply lines and intelligence are deployed and stationed when you want them and in the interim the enemy just allows all this to happen.

Seriously though, there has been a ton of great reporting on this. Google it, and read it, it's actually quite interesting. But it requires some discernment and logical reasoning. Again, from what you've already written, not sure you're mature or smart enough. And turn off Fox News, I'm 100% sure that's where you get most of your "News" (by your "Pro Democrat" News comment). Good Luck.[/s]

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan has been an eyesore and a total disgrace! Only people with infantile brain tissue will argue this!

You are no longer sticking with your argument of debt and bad economy as the reason for the pull out? Incoherent fellow!

And for your information, I read and listen to CNN, foxnews, unlike you that listen to CNN alone!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan has been an eyesore and a total disgrace! Only people with infantile brain tissue will argue this!

You are no longer sticking with your argument of debt and bad economy as the reason for the pull out? Incoherent fellow!

And for your information, I read and listen to CNN, foxnews, unlike you that listen to CNN alone!

Quote my post on "debt and bad economy"... Never made it. As I said, read more.
If I need to watch news I do watch CNN, the hosts may have a bias but it is still the best factual news network there is. Fox News is a joke. It's like watching WWE and pretending it's real wrestling. The hosts don't even believe what they are saying. They are actors lying to people for a paycheck. Yet you gullibly lap it up.
I read a lot. I have a subscription to the NY times and the Washington Post. I also read Politico, Axios and the BBC at times. To see what conservatives are thinking I go to National Review, but it's hard to read as it all sounds like propaganda and they tend to make tortured arguments with tortured logic because they are trying to fit a viewpoint.

Again, Good Luck. Replying to you has ceased to be interesting.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 19, 2021
Krismas:
coolOnline again? U western lapdog! Anything CNN say, its ur Bible. U living a lie, and u non d wise for it. Completely deluded and narrow-minded.

Lol. Buffon! Only CNN puts information online? Or information on the net comes only from the west? Educated illiterate!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 19, 2021
IjeBos:

Quote my post on "debt and bad economy"... Never made it. As I said, read more.
If I need to watch news I do watch CNN, the hosts may have a bias but it is still the best factual news network there is. Fox News is a joke. It's like watching WWE and pretending it's real wrestling. The hosts don't even believe what they are saying. They are actors lying to people for a paycheck. Yet you gullibly lap it up.
I read a lot. I have a subscription to the NY times and the Washington Post. I also read Politico, Axios and the BBC at times. To see what conservatives are thinking I go to National Review, but it's hard to read as it all sounds like propaganda and they tend to make tortured arguments with tortured logic because they are trying to fit a viewpoint.

Again, Good Luck. Replying to you has ceased to be interesting.

Looking at where you get your news from, I'm not surprised about your narrow view on this issue. Everyday, I watch Aljazeera, CNN, and sometimes BBC and read news from CNN, Foxnews (sometimes), EurAsian times, Global times. I have a paid subscription to NY times and Washington post (even though I may unsubscribe soon because my email is now full of notifications, especially from NYT). I also read South China morning post. I don't even read Foxnews that much because I feel their news is too "American", with very little news from other parts of the world (This is where CNN has an edge). Both CNN and Foxnews are bias!

My advise to you is to read wide. Your list of media outlets you get your news from will mostly give you the "American perspective of world events".

And if truly you get your news from these "American media news outlets", you should know Biden is in a tough corner right now because of recent events. He is being criticized from right and left, and rightly so!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 6:37am On Aug 19, 2021
Meninmen:

Looking at where you get your news from, I'm not surprised about your narrow view on this issue. Everyday, I watch Aljazeera, CNN, and sometimes BBC and read news from CNN, Foxnews (sometimes), EurAsian times, Global times. I have a paid subscription to NY times and Washington post (even though I may unsubscribe soon because my email is now full of notifications, especially from NYT). I also read South China morning post. I don't even read Foxnews that much because I feel their news is too "American", with very little news from other parts of the world (This is where CNN has an edge). Both CNN and Foxnews are bias!

My advise to you is to read wide. Your list of media outlets you get your news from will mostly give you the "American perspective of world events".

And if truly you get your news from these "American media news outlets", you should know Biden is in a tough corner right now because of recent events. He is being criticized from right and left, and rightly so!

Based on what you've been arguing, I don't believe that list. If you do have those subscriptions, you should cancel them as you are wasting your money, as it doesn't seem you really read them. Evidenced by your last few posts; they were poorly thought out and betrayed a lack of depth in what you were talking about. Look, you're trying to equate Fox News and CNN. smh And I think you meant CNN and Fox News are bias[ed].
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2021
IjeBos:

Based on what you've been arguing, I don't believe that list. If you do have those subscriptions, you should cancel them as you are wasting your money, as it doesn't seem you really read them. Evidenced by your last few posts; they were poorly thought out and betrayed a lack of depth in what you were talking about. Look, you're trying to equate Fox News and CNN. smh And I think you meant CNN and Fox News are bias[ed].

You seem to lack understanding of events happening even though you claim to get your news from mostly American news media.

1. I have said Biden is being criticized by the left, right and even Independents for what has happened. If you are arguing this, then sorry for you. The picture below is from CNN this morning. If CNN is criticizing Biden for what has happened, then you should know it is very bad. But you sit somewhere in one hole in Nigeria (or anywhere in the world you are arguing from) to say what you don't understand.
The day Biden made his broadcast, it was criticized by CNN for blaming everyone else except himself! This is CNN, not Fox News.

2. Biden messed up the withdrawal! Even though Trump played a part in this mess, Americans do not know how to blame past leaders. They blame the current occupant of the office and as they will say "The buck stop at his table".

3. All what Biden said prior to take over of Kabul turned out to be the opposite, compounding his woes.

I really do not know what you are bleating about!

You will be sounding like a clown though if you want to argue that only Fox news is bias. CNN was hugely bias in favour of the Obama adm and against the Trump adm for example. Same way Fox news was bias in favour of the Trump adm, was bias against Obama and it's being bias against Biden adm (even though that of Fox news is worse).
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2021
IjeBos:

1. I have said Biden is being criticized by the left, right and even Independents for what has happened. If you are arguing this, then sorry for you. The picture below is from CNN this morning. If CNN is criticizing Biden for what has happened, then you should know it is very bad. But you sit somewhere in one hole in Nigeria (or anywhere in the world you are arguing from) to say what you don't understand.
The day Biden made his broadcast, it was criticized by CNN for blaming everyone else except himself! This is CNN, not Fox News.

2. Biden messed up the withdrawal! Even though Trump played a part in this mess, Americans do not know how to blame past leaders. They blame the current occupant of the office and as they will say "The buck stop at his table".

3. All what Biden said prior to take over of Kabul turned out to be the opposite, compounding his woes.

You will be sounding like a clown though if you want to argue that only Fox news is bias. CNN was hugely bias in favour of the Obama adm and against the Trump adm for example. Same way Fox news was bias in favour of the Trump adm, was bias against Obama and it's being bias against Biden adm (even though that of Fox news is worse). If you are arguing this, then I need to know when you started following US Politics.

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2021
Meninmen:

You seem to lack understanding of events happening even though you claim to get your news from mostly American news media.

You will be sounding like a clown though if you want to argue that only Fox news is bias. CNN was hugely bias in favour of the Obama adm and against the Trump adm for example. Same way Fox news was bias in favour of the Trump adm, was bias against Obama and it's being bias against Biden adm (even though that of Fox news is worse).

Your improper use of the word "bias" is grating. It should be "Fox news was bias[ed] in favour of the Trump adm". I think you've used it improperly 4 times already so it's not a mistake.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bias

The fact that you've never seen "bias" constructed in a sentence leads me to further disbelieve that you actually read a wide array of newspapers.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
IjeBos:

Your improper use of the word "bias" is grating. It should be "Fox news was bias[ed] in favour of the Trump adm". I think you've used it improperly 4 times already so it's not a mistake.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bias

The fact that you've never seen "bias" constructed in a sentence leads me to further disbelieve that you actually read a wide array of newspapers.

Lol. I told you I read "newspapers"? The fact that you would equate TV and internet as source of information to "newspapers" calls to question the type of education you have received. And not knowing when to use "newspapers" and "digital newspapers" is quite appalling!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. I told you I read "newspapers"? The fact that you would equate TV and internet as source of information to "newspapers" calls to question the type of education you have received. And not knowing when to use "newspapers" and "digital newspapers" is quite appalling!

Woah, it is appalling to say newspaper instead of digital newspaper. lol. More appalling than not knowing the difference between a noun and a verb (bias vs. biased)? And did you open up a thesaurus to find the word "appalling" (should have opened up a dictionary for "bias" as well)? Or do you use it only when you want to sound smarter than you are? As to type of education I received.. not a battle you can win.. so, if I were you I'd just let that go.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
IjeBos:

Woah, it is appalling to say newspaper instead of digital newspaper. lol. More appalling than not knowing the difference between a noun and a verb (bias vs. biased)? And did you open up a thesaurus to find the word "appalling" (should have opened up a dictionary for "bias" as well)? Or do you use it only when you want to sound smarter than you are? As to type of education I received.. not a battle you can win.. so, if I were you I'd just let that go.

Lol. Continue disgracing yourself by trying to teach what you don't know. No wonder you tried to defend the shambolic pull out of US troops from Afghanistan and also tried to dispute the fact that both CNN and Fox news have biases.

So baised is a verb? Wonderful!

As for my use of appalling, yes it was delibrate. It was so bad and shocking to me that after correcting me, you didn't know the basic difference between getting information from newspapers and from TV and the internet. I can't tell a 5 years old that I watch CNN and Aljazeera and he will go on to say I get my news from newspapers. It's that bad!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 12:48am On Aug 20, 2021
Meninmen:

Lol. Continue disgracing yourself by trying to teach what you don't know. No wonder you tried to defend the shambolic pull out of US troops from Afghanistan and also tried to dispute the fact that both CNN and Fox news have biases.

So baised is a verb? Wonderful!

As for my use of appalling, yes it was delibrate. It was so bad and shocking to me that after correcting me, you didn't know the basic difference between getting information from newspapers and from TV and the internet. I can't tell a 5 years old that I watch CNN and Aljazeera and he will go on to say I get my news from newspapers. It's that bad!

Congrats, you googled bias and used it properly.. I'm glad you've learned something in this thread.

While you're at it google "false equivalency". That's what it is when you equate Fox News and CNN. Fox and CNN both have a bias (This is what I wrote previously: "If I need to watch news I do watch CNN, the hosts may have a bias but it is still the best factual news network there is.)", the difference is CNN's reporting is largely factual, Fox on the other hand creates an alternative reality devoid of facts and logic. There have been studies done that people who watch Fox News are less informed than people who watch no news at all. Imagine that, watching Fox news makes you dumber.... You seem to be a case in point.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2021
IjeBos:

Congrats, you googled bias and used it properly.. I'm glad you've learned something in this thread.

While you're at it google "false equivalency". That's what it is when you equate Fox News and CNN. Fox and CNN both have a bias (This is what I wrote previously: "If I need to watch news I do watch CNN, the hosts may have a bias but it is still the best factual news network there is.)", the difference is CNN's reporting is largely factual, Fox on the other hand creates an alternative reality devoid of facts and logic. There have been studies done that people who watch Fox News are less informed than people who watch no news at all. Imagine that, watching Fox news makes you dumber.... You seem to be a case in point.

Lol. And what have you learned? That biased is an adjective and not a verb. That my use of the word "appalling" was rightly used in the sentence. You seemed to have displayed more of eloquence than intelligence.

Me: Made a mistake on bias(ed)
You: Called biased a verb. Used "newspapers" incorrectly. Didn't know that the word "appalling" fits the message I was conveying. I had to explain it to him. I have corrected you more than twice. And he is still chest thumping. What a doofus!

All your points of arguments in this thread have shown a deep lack of understanding of the issues at hand.

1. Only one with an infantile brain like you doesn't know Biden has screwed up the evacuation. I hope you have watched CNN today? The criticism of Biden continues. I hope you are aware there are many American citizens trapped in Afghanistan who can't assess the airport and the US military have said they don't have the capacity to move beyond the airport.

2. Only one with no intelligence at all wouldn't have known that with a force of 2500 troops Biden met on ground, there was no need reducing that number (infact, reinforcements who have been sent) to allow for safe return of Americans currently trapped in Afghanistan. And in your lame argument, you said sending such reinforcements would have not been easy. Planning, supply lines would need time to be created bla bla bla. Lol. How long did it take for Biden to send back 1000 troops into Afghanistan when the situation was getting out of control? In your shallow mind, troops deployments must come from continental US? Lol. Clown!

3. As for Fox news that you keep bleating about, if you had read to understand, you would have known that I rarely read Fox news (because of reasons I had explained), still they are an imperfect alternative to the liberal media. It would only take high level situational awareness of world events to be able to sieve out what you get from Fox news (and CNN too). And if you were not dumb, I explained to you that both CNN and fox news show biases but that of Fox news is worse.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 20, 2021
IjeBos:

Clown Read!
https://www.nairaland.com/6710757/biden-assertions-afghanistan-fact-checked-photos
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by LordReed(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2021
descartes400:

...That's Trump talking.

Like he was strategic and methodological in withdrawing from Syria? His strategy and method there left the US allies the Kurds up shit creek with no paddle and freed 10,000 ISIS prisoners. True to form his deal with the Taliban caused 5000 Talibans to be freed. I wonder how you are seeing strategy and method.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Iran Hackers Hack Into American Government’s Website / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) / Namibia Is One Of The World's Emptiest Countries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.