Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car (1094 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by Kay25(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Please does anyone know how I can know if the catalytic converter is still in a car?the rate at which they are stealing the so called akara is alarming..pls if u know just enlighten us
Re: How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Do you mean the chim chim grin angry grin grin grin rate of catalyst thief is high nowadays
Re: How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kay25:
Please does anyone know how I can know if the catalytic converter is still in a car?the rate at which they are stealing the so called akara is alarming..pls if u know just enlighten us
Simply take your car to your mechanic, tell them to remove the cats and check inside. That's the only way to manually check.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by dicksonadams(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sound too
Re: How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by Kay25(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Simply take your car to your mechanic, tell them to remove the cats and check inside. That's the only way to manually check.
u can't trust them these days .
Re: How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by Dez10(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Scan ur car, if doesn't bring out P0420(catalytic efficiency below threshold) or catalyst related code, then it's intact.

If ur exhaust system is good, don temper with it just because u want to check if cat is present or not.
Re: How Can I Test Manually The Presence Of A Catalytic Converter In A Car by Dez10(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kay25:

Scan

(1) (Reply)

Attention Pls. If Someone Get This Type Of Fully Tinted Ride Will The Security.? / Check Engine VSC Issue / My Car Remote Is Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.