Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What Is Taking You Away From God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Taking You Away From God (1434 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Taking You Away From God by newmi(m): 11:05am On May 19, 2011
Jude 1:21
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
More often than not we are admonished by the scripture to do one thing or the other and the reference above is nothing short of one such admonitions. It is of no consequence if we are admonished to "keep oureselves in the love of God" if there isn't any attempt serious enough to "remove" or "take us" out of the love of God and deserving of such serious alert.
The tone of this admonition is in the light of seriousness with that we see in Proverbs 4:23(Amp) Proverbs 4:23
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life"
Security doors and fences are all necessitated by the anticipation of a prospective and
potential intruder. Men and brethren, we need to be aware and reminded of the character of our adversary the devil and his despirate determination to optimistically steal, kill and destroy.

The bible reveals to us in Job 1:6-7 Job 2:2". . . Then satan answered the Lord and said, from going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it"
The question is doing what?
1peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, WALKETH ABOUT, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR"
The responsibility to keep is ours but we are comforted to know that we are not alone in it
Jude 1:24 "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence his glory with exceeding joy"
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2011
It depends on the "God" you are referring to. If it is that evil jewish deity of the old testament, then the answer to your question is quite plain and obvious. Only an insane person will not move away from such an evil entity.

Next! cool
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by newmi(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2011
Jenwitemi:

It depends on the "God" you are referring to. If it is that evil jewish deity of the old testament, then the answer to your question is quite plain and obvious. Only an insane person will not move away from such an evil entity.

Next! cool
Well l believe you are intelligent enough to know which God am refering to because l don't know about you but l only know one
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2011
Well, my intelligence tells me that you are a christian which then leads me to believe, very strongly, that your "one" God is that old testament jewish lunatic of a deity. I can only shake my head and pity you, really. Even people going to "hell" are better off than you, tied to the apron of such a nasty entity like the jewish tribal deity.

Next!
newmi:

Well l believe you are intelligent enough to know which God am refering to because l don't know about you but l only know one
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by newmi(m): 9:08pm On May 19, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Well, my intelligence tells me that you are a christian which then leads me to believe, very strongly, that your "one" God is that old testament jewish lunatic of a deity.
So to disappoint you, your intelligence is faulty the answer is NO. He is Lord and Master of the universe, the essence of all things created He is the Amighty God. To refer to Him as the "jewish God" is being narrow minded and limiting

Jenwitemi:

I can only shake my head and pity you, really. Even people going to "hell" are better off than you, tied to the apron of such a nasty entity like the jewish tribal deity.
is that what you think l can literally locate the character of your spirit hmmmmm
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by 10cirenoh: 10:54pm On May 19, 2011
Lack of money and the pressure of life!
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2011
Call him whatever you wish, but your bible says that he is a effing LUNATIC, and i agree with the book on that.
newmi:

So to disappoint you, your intelligence is faulty the answer is NO. He is Lord and Master of the universe, the essence of all things created He is the Amighty God. To refer to Him as the "jewish God" is being narrow minded and limiting

Try and locate the character of your own spirit first. Try and find out why you are tied to a lunatic deity. You might get a wake up call.
newmi:

is that what you think l can literally locate the character of your spirit hmmmmm
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by thehomer: 9:18pm On May 20, 2011
newmi:

Jude 1:21
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
More often than not we are admonished by the scripture to do one thing or the other and the reference above is nothing short of one such admonitions. It is of no consequence if we are admonished to "keep oureselves in the love of God" if there isn't any attempt serious enough to "remove" or "take us" out of the love of God and deserving of such serious alert.
The tone of this admonition is in the light of seriousness with that we see in Proverbs 4:23(Amp) Proverbs 4:23
"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life"
Security doors and fences are all necessitated by the anticipation of a prospective and
potential intruder. Men and brethren, we need to be aware and reminded of the character of our adversary the devil and his despirate determination to optimistically steal, kill and destroy.

The bible reveals to us in Job 1:6-7 Job 2:2". . . Then satan answered the Lord and said, from going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it"
The question is doing what?
1peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, WALKETH ABOUT, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR"
The responsibility to keep is ours but we are comforted to know that we are not alone in it
Jude 1:24 "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence his glory with exceeding joy"

To answer your question, it is the same thing that took me away from Zeus.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by MeGaStReEt: 10:33pm On May 20, 2011
Sin
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by newmi(m): 8:00pm On May 30, 2011
Whatever succeeds in taking you away from God becomes your god and constitutes IDOLATRY
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2011
Staying close to the jewish lunatic god enough to worship him is IDOLATORY, pal.
newmi:

Whatever succeeds in taking you away from God becomes your god and constitutes IDOLATRY
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by inedi: 6:38am On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Staying close to the jewish lunatic god enough to worship him is IDOLATORY, pal.

Hello Mr Jenwitemi, having read your conversation with the other fellow Mr Newmi, let me pls ask you something, do you believe in Life after death? and pls answer me thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 7:52am On May 31, 2011
Yes, i do. Next question. smiley
inedi:

Hello Mr Jenwitemi, having read your conversation with the other fellow Mr Newmi, let me pls ask you something, do you believe in Life after death? and pls answer me thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by inedi: 2:28pm On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Yes, i do. Next question. smiley
were will you go to after you die? or do you know were you are going after you die?
pls answer me
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 4:35pm On May 31, 2011
I will return to whence i came when my physical body expires. Next question.
inedi:

were will you go to after you die? or do you know were you are going after you die?
pls answer me
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by inedi: 7:31pm On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

if that's the case were did you come from? do you know? if you know please tell us. thank you also for your response, i most commend, pls continue in this form, we will sure arrive some were, thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2011
I came from the ONE SOURCE whence everything else in the multiverse came. Next question.
inedi:

if that's the case were did you come from? do you know? if you know please tell us. thank you also for your response, i most commend, pls continue in this form, we will sure arrive some were, thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by manmustwac(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

You can't remember what was happening 2'000 years ago when Jesus Christ supposedly walked on this earth or 150 years ago when our colonial masters first set foot in Nigeria. WHY? Because you didn't exist during that time. Likewise you cannot predict what will happen 2'000 years after you die or even 150 years after you die because like the time when Christ was supposedly around or when our colonial masters were around YOU WILL NOT EXIST. We came from dust we return to dust, or to put it this way we came from nothing so we shall return to nothing.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:24pm On May 31, 2011
I can't remember because i am not supposed to, since i am in this physical experience at this time. When this experience comes to an end, and i leave this physical body, i will remember everything that ever was. The physical bodies are the bottlenecks as they are meant to be. If we remember everything that ever happens on this plain and on this planet, it will defeat the whole purpose of being here.
manmustwac:

You can't remember what was happening 2'000 years ago when Jesus Christ supposedly walked on this earth or 150 years ago when our colonial masters first set foot in Nigeria. WHY? Because you didn't exist during that time. Likewise you cannot predict what will happen 2'000 years after you die or even 150 years after you die because like the time when Christ was supposedly around or when our colonial masters were around YOU WILL NOT EXIST.

No. Our physical bodies came from "dust" and they return to "dust", not us. We are NOT our physical bodies; but we inhabit them. We put hem on like we do clothes and dispose of them when it is time. Our physical bodies expire, we don't. We are spirit beings and we live on toinhabit another kind of bodies in another life some other reality. It is an endless loop of interractive experiences in which we exist.
manmustwac:

We came from dust we return to dust, or to put it this way we came from nothing so we shall return to nothing.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by inedi: 8:26pm On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

I came from the ONE SOURCE whence everything else in the multiverse came. Next question.
do you know of any one who is in this place or has gone there, that you think you are going to?, pls mention names. thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2011
Anyone who has died has gone back to the source, or maybe i should say, has merged back into the one source the way the wave crests on the surface of the oceans merge back into the ocean. Next question.
inedi:

do you know of any one who is in this place or has gone there, that you think you are going to?, pls mention names. thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by inedi: 8:37pm On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Anyone who has died has gone back to the source, or maybe i should say, has merged back into the one source the way the wave crests on the surface of the oceans merge back into the ocean. Next question.

you have not answered my question, i said do you know any one that has gone ther or let me refrase, who are you going to meet, mention names. thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by manmustwac(m): 8:58pm On May 31, 2011
Jenwitemi:

I can't remember because i am not supposed to, since i am in this physical experience at this time. When this experience comes to an end, and i leave this physical body, i will remember everything that ever was. The physical bodies are the bottlenecks as they are meant to be. If we remember everything that ever happens on this plain and on this planet, it will defeat the whole purpose of being here.
No. Our physical bodies came from "dust" and they return to "dust", not us. We are NOT our physical bodies; but we inhabit them. We put hem on like we do clothes and dispose of them when it is time. Our physical bodies expire, we don't. We are spirit beings and we live on toinhabit another kind of bodies in another life some other reality. It is an endless loop of interractive experiences in which we exist.
So in other words we exist forever we never die. And we all had a previous life which we will not remember until we die again and our spirit leaves our physical bodies? So what about the sperm that has to fertilize the egg? Where dose that fit into the picture?  

Life is a cycle you are born you live you pass your genes onto your next generation (so that the cycle of life can continue) then you die. There was no beforelife so there will be no afterlife.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2011
I can't name names because names are irrelevant beyond this reality. Names are only relevant in this physical reality in which we exist and not beyond it. I will(like everybody else) merge back into the source from which i was never separated in the first place. Next question.
inedi:

you have not answered my question, i said do you know any one that has gone ther or let me refrase, who are you going to meet, mention names. thank you
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 9:19pm On May 31, 2011
EXACTLY! You are finally getting it. We never die because we were never born to begin with.
manmustwac:

So in other words we exist forever we never die.

YES. You are getting it. grin
manmustwac:

And we all had a previous life which we will not remember until we die again and our spirit leaves our physical bodies?

That is just part of the physical process in the physical reality as the part of the initial process of creating a physical body suit that we, as the spirit beings, will inhabit in order to be able to interractin this reality.
manmustwac:

So what about the sperm that has to fertilize the egg? Where dose that fit into the picture?  

All that is nothing more than the physical process of keeping this reality in a continuous loop. Besides, the genes can be altered artificially through genetic hibridization to produce new generations of physical body suits. The endless life cycles is that continuous loops that i have been talking about. These endless loops have to exist so that we keep coming to experience new and different physical realities.
manmustwac:

Life is a cycle you are born you live you pass your genes onto your next generation (so that the cycle of life can continue) then you die.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenwitemi:

I can't name names because names are irrelevant beyond this reality. Names are only relevant in this physical reality in which we exist and not beyond it. I will(like everybody else) merge back into the source from which i was never separated in the first place. Next question.

Jenwitemi:

EXACTLY! You are finally getting it. We never die because we were never born to begin with.
YES. You are getting it. grin
That is just part of the physical process in the physical reality as the part of the initial process of creating a physical body suit that we, as the spirit beings, will inhabit in order to be able to interractin this reality.
All that is nothing more than the physical process of keeping this reality in a continuous loop. Besides, the genes can be altered artificially through genetic hibridization to produce new generations of physical body suits. The endless life cycles is that continuous loops that i have been talking about. These endless loops have to exist so that we keep coming to experience new and different physical realities.

Jenwitemi:

Where did you get the inspiration for this "reality" of yours. L. Ron Hubbard?
How convenient that you can't remember the past life (lives?) but you're so sure that names are not needed over there! You can't laugh at christian beliefs while holding the same type of absurd views.
Your stories about "the source" sounds like some star wars sh_t. Do you have light sabers and laser weapons over there too.
It's like the christians who are laughing at Harold Camping while simultaneously holding the same ridiculous beliefs. They laughed at him because he put a date on their delusion while they are comfortable just saying "no one knows but the father"!!! You're doing the same thing by saying things that you can't prove but you create a leeway for yourself by saying "you're not supposed to remember". HOW ARE YOU SURE THERE IS A "SOURCE" THEN?
Join scientologists, maybe they can take you on their spaceships to meet the "source".
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenwitemi:

grin Four Questions

1) Is this "Source" the same as the "Source" in the Matrix??!!!!
2) Have you met "The Architect"?
3) What about the "Oracle"?
4) Are you NEO??!!!!!!!

One Source/ The Source-- Fact or Fiction.
Jenwitemi says fact!!!! We all came from the one source just like we all came from Adam.

Jenwitemi A.K.A I am THE AWARENESS. The immortal me that is neither born nor ever dies.
lmbao, Where do you get this sh_t from
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by DeepSight(m): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2011
^^^ I don't see anything "shitty" about his views. Would you care to explain in what way they are analogous to Christian views?

Examine your own world view first sir: and that may grant you some recognition of what is "sh1t" and what is not "sh1t". . .it is presumptuous of you to ridicule a statement as simply set forth as that one asserts himself to proceed from a source. Even scientists do not deny that, albeit that their perception of what the source is may be different or inchoate.

A knee jerk condemnation of any recognition of a higher source is both shallow, and intellectually lazy. what you should do is settle down, and determine that which is tenable and that which is not. The presupposition of a source is by all standards tenable, even if the nature of the source may be disputed.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2011
Deep Sight:

^^^ I don't see anything "shitty" about his views. Would you care to explain in what way they are analogous to Christian views?

Examine your own world view first sir: and that may grant you some recognition of what is "sh1t" and what is not "sh1t". . .it is presumptuous of you to ridicule a statement as simply set forth as that one asserts himself to proceed from a source. Even scientists do not deny that, albeit that their perception of what the source is may be different or inchoate.

A knee jerk condemnation of any recognition of a higher source is both shallow, and intellectually lazy. what you should do is settle down, and determine that which is tenable and that which is not. The presupposition of a source is by all standards tenable, even if the nature of the source may be disputed.

The source, oneness of infinity, yahweh, oloodumare, thor, odin, eywa( I know you're a big fan grin) etc are all figments of people's imaginations.
Don't try to bring science into the mix, science is not concerned about "the source" and anything beyond the big bang is currently unknowable. As far as science is concerned, the "source" is not needed.

What's so knee jerk about condemning a higher source that sounds as plausible as the other higher sources mankind has come up with. The only reason y'all think there is some higher source concerned with the human race is because of your anthropocentric view of nature.
When you think that a species that makes up less than 1 percent of a planet that is relatively invincible in cosmic terms, is the reason that the universe exist, you know you're making stuff up.

If there is a source, you, me or anybody else are not in the position to know the nature of this source. So any pseudointellectual rambling explanation you're going to give will only make sense to "spiritual" people.

For me to take your so called "sources" seriously, you have to provide scientific proof of a soul. There is no evidence for a soul or afterlife or immortality, so there is no need to examine you people's supernatural claims.
Your claims are just as likely as every other religious claim ever made.

About the christian views, I see a similarity between him making fun of zany christian beliefs while holding the same kind of extraordinary supernatural beliefs. Similar to the christians who believe in the rapture but mock Harold Camping because he put a date on it.

I'm not surprised though, afterall you got spiritual enlightenment from AVATAR!!! lmao I've heard it all. Just like the christians who thought the movie promoted paganism because the blue people in a fantasy planet thats 4.6 light years away from earth do not worship some jew called jesus who lived on earth. grin
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2011
Thanks for that, deep sight. I don't need to add anything more to your post. People like martian are best left to their shallowness. Even the science that they profess to has left them far behind.
Deep Sight:

Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Thanks for that, deep sight. I don't need to add anything more to your post. People like martian are best left to their shallowness. Even the science that they profess to has left them far behind.

Oohhhh, here comes the conspiracy theorist!!!!! Where did you get your information this time, David Icke's reptillian overlords?

If not pulling stuff out of my a$$ and calling it factual means I'm shallow then I definitely don't want to be as "Deep" as you and "DEEP sight". lol
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by DeepSight(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2011
Martian:

The source, oneness of infinity, yahweh, oloodumare, thor, odin, eywa( I know you're a big fan grin) etc are all figments of people's imaginations.
Don't try to bring science into the mix, science is not concerned about "the source" and anything beyond the big bang is currently unknowable. As far as science is concerned, the "source" is not needed.

What's so knee jerk about condemning a higher source that sounds as plausible as the other higher sources mankind has come up with. The only reason y'all think there is some higher source concerned with the human race is because of your anthropocentric view of nature.
When you think that a species that makes up less than 1 percent of a planet that is relatively invincible in cosmic terms, is the reason that the universe exist, you know you're making stuff up.

If there is a source, you, me or anybody else are not in the position to know the nature of this source. So any pseudointellectual rambling explanation you're going to give will only make sense to "spiritual" people.

For me to take your so called "sources" seriously, you have to provide scientific proof of a soul. There is no evidence for a soul or afterlife or immortality, so there is no need to examine you people's supernatural claims.
Your claims are just as likely as every other religious claim ever made.

About the christian views, I see a similarity between him making fun of zany christian beliefs while holding the same kind of extraordinary supernatural beliefs. Similar to the christians who believe in the rapture but mock Harold Camping because he put a date on it.

I'm not surprised though, afterall you got spiritual enlightenment from AVATAR!!! lmao I've heard it all. Just like the christians who thought the movie promoted paganism because the blue people in a fantasy planet thats 4.6 light years away from earth do not worship some jew called jesus who lived on earth. grin

Your knee-jerk approach to analyzing issues rears its head again. I hope you recognize that you have not said anything that addresses the core issue in the slightest. That issue is simply the existence of a source. As far as science is concerned, there is indeed a source of all things in this universe. That source in scientific materialist terms is called the pre-big-bang singularity. Now the nature of that singularity is still wildly debated in scientific circles. As such, science itself evinces a source, and this renders it ridiculous that you could begin to condemn a man for simply asserting himself to proceed from a source.

Your comments are all the more comical given that things are only known to have no source in voodoo and black magic. Perhaps that is the world view you subscribe to?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dec 21 2012: Mayan Region Launches Apocalypse Countdown / Why Is It Considered Bigotry Or "Hate Speech"? / If It's All Lies - How Come Witches Tremble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.