Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:35 AM

Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? (21669 Views)

Thomas Tuchel: Chelsea No Longer Alive In Champions League Tie / Olivier Giroud Joins AC Milan From Chelsea In The No.9 Shirt / Nantes Retires Emiliano Sala's No. 9 Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
OP!!
Pls
Jimmy Floyd Hasseinbank was NEVER a Flop!! He was a Beast of a Striker! Was Chelsea no 1 from 2001- 2003/2004..

Drogba came to take his place in the summer of 2004!
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by GeneralPula: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Really?

You added Crespo?

OP is a pained Chelsea hater..

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by SchoolGate: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
drizslim:
Everyone is focused on P.S.G Messi , lukaku. Sancho transfer but has refused putting Assnal in their prayer points.
wink
Senior man
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Tunjingwu(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
This is a good read.
From your analysis,the number 9 shirt is not entirely cursed barring the time it was worn by some players like falcao and a couple of others.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Terry44: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
That guy would be worst than Werner... Chelsea should have sourced for another option instead of lukaku..

The guy is overpriced.

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Polynek(m): 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lukaku will do well no cap
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Balzy: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lukaku will perform
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by shawante(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
If lukaku had wisely stayed at inter where he was doing so well and decided not to come to england where he usually flops this unnecessary argument wouldn't have come up
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Treasure17(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Another version of Morata loading. Even Giroud wasn't stable.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Nuelito: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Let's wait and watch his kicks via his first match.

But I believe he will make a great impact in the squad
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by KingOfAllIgbos: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Na Drogba put juju for there cheesy grin
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
grin grin grin

Make una leave us with our number 9 curse naah.

Is it una curse ni?

Leave us alone.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by aidameoryou: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enoch3721:
NTSH, NCM and I moveth

lets talk real time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Olabode971(f): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Up chelsea, ktbffh. I LOVE CHELSEA
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by SouthSouth1914: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bar1941:
Lukaku will flop again in Chelsea, he's not a premier league kind of player.

Lukaku scored 27 goals in his debut season for MAN U. Is manu in Spanish league?

Lukaku has a total of 113 goals and 35 Assists in the Premier League!!

You guys just talk like parrot without information.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
Aloof:
Yes.

Remove Torres for there, that goal he scored at Camp Nou in 2012 Semifinals against Barca is my favorite Chelsea goal.

I celebrated that goal no be small, I shouted and shouted till I lost my voice (I'm not lying)

I used it to compensate the worst goal Chelsea conceded, and that was against Barca in 2009 by Andrea Iniesta.
That was the first and only time I cried because of Football.

Torres repaid that 50 million pounds with that single goal in 2012 .
Gbamsolutely.
You've said nothing but the TRUTH.
Bless you man.
Blues For Life.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Lukaku scored 27 goals in his debut season for MAN U. Is manu in Spanish league?

You guys just talk like parrot without information.
No mind dem jare.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Aloof:
Yes.

Remove Torres for there, that goal he scored at Camp Nou in 2012 Semifinals against Barca is my favorite Chelsea goal.

I celebrated that goal no be small, I shouted and shouted till I lost my voice (I'm not lying)

I used it to compensate the worst goal Chelsea conceded, and that was against Barca in 2009 by Andrea Iniesta.
That was the first and only time I cried because of Football.

Torres repaid that 50 million pounds with that single goal in 2012.

Dem dey look for story ni. grin

Dem dey expecting a top-striker in number 9 jersey to be scoring like 30 goals in a season ni. grin

If our number 9 player no score above 25gaols in a season, him don become flop for their eyes (cursed).

Chelsea till doomsday. ✌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by richmanrichard: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
you were making sense till you decided to include crespo, vialli, jimmy floyd h.those guys were legends that scored important goals and enof goals for chelsea n even won trophies 4 chelsea.epl wud jail you if you even call vialli n almighty jimmy hasselbank who performed wonders in epl.Jimmy hasselbank is on of d best strikers to ever come out of england.tammy, higuain shud not even be on that list.

2 Likes

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Focusmind: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
The guy will flop big time. The fans are not with him. There was no excitement within the Chelsea fan zone on his signing.

I hope other players will support him or else, he would be racially and verbally abused.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by gevans(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
I love that name "Premier League Giants"

Chelsea for life
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by spirul77: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bar1941:
Lukaku will flop again in Chelsea, he's not a premier league kind of player.
but he did well at United, Abi Man Utd no be premier league club?

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by oshorstan(m): 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
I like Bolingoli Lukaku Romelu for 3 things.
His hold up play, strength, and speed. He is also good in the air, and has a powerful shot at goal. He has always been my choice other than lewandowski and Haaland. I am sure he will do well. But he should work on his first touches.

#AnotherWickedChelseaFanFromEdo

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Angelfrost(m): 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
Curse??!... What Curse?!

Same curse that failed to affect Didier Drogba and Diego Costa! Lol.

If there is or was a curse, it has to be the useless coaching styles of those who managed those players. Simple as that!

If Tuchel's approach is at variance with Lukaku's pattern (I don't see him as versatile enough to adapt) then he will flop.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Angelfrost(m): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
Aloof:

Torres repaid that 50 million pounds with that single goal in 2012.

Say no more! Full stop!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by spirul77: 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
shawante:
If lukaku had wisely stayed at inter where he was doing so well and decided not to come to england where he usually flops this unnecessary argument wouldn't have come up
his first stint at Chelsea he played only ten games and was sold by morinho because he missed a pk against Bayern Munich, he did awesomely well at United, so which flop are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by shawante(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
spirul77:
his first stint at Chelsea he played only ten games and was sold by morinho because he missed a pk against Bayern Munich, he did awesomely well at United, so which flop are you talking about?
Guy he wasn't awesome at united compared to inter.. The guy was banging goals week in week out at inter but in England it was a different story.

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by m140(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
I pity lukaku sha ... na shevy suffer am pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Football Clubs Biggest Wins And Biggest Loss In Their History / "We Will Return" - Mbappé Vows After World Cup Loss / Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.