Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? (21550 Views)

Thomas Tuchel: Chelsea No Longer Alive In Champions League Tie / Olivier Giroud Joins AC Milan From Chelsea In The No.9 Shirt / Nantes Retires Emiliano Sala's No. 9 Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by otosa(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
Calibrator:
Considering the number of trophies the club has won within the last two decade, which curse are you talking about?

Can a club with a curse hanging over their lead striking position win the UEFA champions league and Europa league 4 times in the space of 9 years?
Though, it may be seen as the curse for any player at that position but it's not, because Chelsea don't use to build the team around the striker but collective effort of the team just because they are not after the entertainment match but winning. And this is the reason why it was very difficult for Man city couch to has upper hand on them in last season.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Insectkiller: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Write up..

Has Neither head not tail..

I wonder how Nairaland allow some direction less write ups on the platform/forum.

Chelsea always a Champion!

Chelsea is one of d Most successful clubs in Europe and the World.

Champions Leagues winner and host of other latest trophies..Europa league back-back, not to talk of EPLs, FA, etc.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by lexy2014: 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
Dminister:
His first touch will give him out � � �

So which touch was he touching in inter Milan that earned him Europa player of d season and Serie A most valuable player?

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by lexy2014: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
Insectkiller:
Write up..

Has Neither head not tail..

I wonder how Nairaland allow some direction less write ups on the platform/forum.

Chelsea always a Champion!

Chelsea is one of d Most successful clubs in Europe and the World.

Champions Leagues winner and host of other latest trophies..Europa league back-back, not to talk of EPLs, FA, etc.

Except u didn't read d headline or d article proper. There's nowhere that d author of d article questioned what Chelsea had won or not won in d past. It only tried to look at d performances of d Chelsea players who dorned d number 9 jersey. I don't see d relationship between what u said and d article

2 Likes

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Dminister(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
lexy2014:

So which touch was he touching in inter Milan that earned him Europa player of d season and Serie A most valuable player?

You just mentioned Serie A
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by lexy2014: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Dminister:

You just mentioned Serie A

No. I mentioned Serie W.
lexy2014:

which touch was he touching in inter Milan that earned him Europa player of d season and Serie A most valuable player?
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by baralatie(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
A thread by a man. United fan....

But what curse is he even talking about? Cus I see no curse here..
Na them
Man u pipu
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by lomprico(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
Abfinest007:
You just want to be noticed there isn't any curse on that number 9 shirt if there is, Abraham broke it and stop adding Abraham bcus he scored 16 goals

why was he sold?
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
You're not even coherent enough in your writing. Listing no 9 flops and you didn't even write the floppiest CF Chelsea ever got DEMBA BA
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Humanoid01(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
Focusmind:
The guy will flop big time. The fans are not with him. There was no excitement within the Chelsea fan zone on his signing.

I hope other players will support him or else, he would be racially and verbally abused.
How do those points you gave determine how well he will fare at the club? The fans were really excited when Werner was signed, but it's a different story we have today. It's not all about the fans, it's about self belief and determination and I can see that Lukaku has that.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Skyblue77: 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Join my group for daily free 2odds.

https:///DNx7yDoyIvhFmL33By3O3U[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by OBA117(m): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
There is nothing wrong with the number....it's just the mentality of the people towards it...Tammy Abraham did well with No9 jersey. Even if the number is "cursed" one day it will be broken by someone. That's what I believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Gfskw: 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by RealityKings: 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
yemmight:
Lukaku will deliver.

Weiner is still better and faster sha
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by phemmyfour: 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nigerians and propaganda....worst set of football analyst you can find
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Seunfretty: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
Most of the strikers names aside Maib falcao have almost same thing in common...they ain't really the kinda striker suited traditionally for Chelsea...the likes of Torres...Morata...Higuaín only shot themselves on the foot playing for Chelsea....Chelsea traditionally succeeds everytime they have a bully as a striker....most of the players named here are either a runner or NT really traditional kinda striker.....Drogba and coasta are still the most successful strikers in years and they also have thing in common....dey are big and bully kinda strikers....Chelsea play slow possession football and all they need is that big man they can always throw the ball to....no one fits that role than Romelu...the failed on his first attempt but that was cos he had Drogba a bully at his prime ahead of him....he might not score for fun but i can categorically tell u if they play to his strength he will score at least 20goals this season

1 Like

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by jaysoft: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Remove Fernando Torres pls because he paid the price by helping Chelsea win the Champions League trophy
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by mailemy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
Don't mind him. Lukaku even has more goals than their almighty Kane.
SouthSouth1914:

Lukaku scored 27 goals in his debut season for MAN U. Is manu in Spanish league?

Lukaku has a total of 113 goals and 35 Assists in the Premier League!!

You guys just talk like parrot without information.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by maxlev1: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
U failed to mention those that succeeded with the no.9 jersey in chelsea fc. Lukaku will succeeded. It is all about coping with the pressure that comes. For a player like lukaku who is a bully with good composure, he will score for fun.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Jeffy1206(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bar1941:
Lukaku will flop again in Chelsea, he's not a premier league kind of player.
you must be be from pluto undecided
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Onoroyiza(m): 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Aloof:
Yes.

Remove Torres for there, that goal he scored at Camp Nou in 2012 Semifinals against Barca is my favorite Chelsea goal.

I celebrated that goal no be small, I shouted and shouted till I lost my voice (I'm not lying)

I used it to compensate the worst goal Chelsea conceded, and that was against Barca in 2009 by Andrea Iniesta.
That was the first and only time I cried because of Football.

Torres repaid that 50 million pounds with that single goal in 2012.
That Iniesta's goal shocked the whole world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Bar1941(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
spirul77:
but he did well at United, Abi Man Utd no be premier league club?

Can a club sell a player that did well?
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Mrjonah(m): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good luck Lukaku
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by spirul77: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bar1941:

Can a club sell a player that did well?
but the same Man Utd sold Ronaldo, Beckham etc and dem no good too, Madrid sold Ronaldo, abeg you don't have strong point.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Bar1941(m): 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
spirul77:
but the same Man Utd sold Ronaldo, Beckham etc and dem no good too, Madrid sold Ronaldo, abeg you don't have strong point.

You don't understand the simple illustration, their is difference between sells, those you mentioned were forcefully sold, the club has no options than to sell the players due to the forces from the purchasing sides, but for Lukaku, he was sold due to surplus to requirements.
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Insectkiller: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Except u didn't read d headline or d article proper. There's nowhere that d author of d article questioned what Chelsea had won or not won in d past. It only tried to look at d performances of d Chelsea players who dorned d number 9 jersey. I don't see d relationship between what u said and d article

I understood d angle u are coming from..

But, my point is dis write up shldnt have came up at all.. because there was NO curse...

It's baseless.. They are a winning team.

You write dis stuff against a losing team...you know d losers..

If it's a team like arsenal, Wolverhampton, new castle and the likes.. You may really pin-point dis kind of article... Their lack of success could be related/attributed to under-performance of their striker(Just for instance, am not saying their striker is actually underperforming cos I don't follow their stats..befor u misquote)...then, u can call it a curse for them..

But, in dis case, anyone can score..as long as they play interesting games and win games even thrashing big-big clubs e.g Real Madrid, Barcelona and stubborn clubs e.g AthletiCo Madrid, etc and up-coming clubs e.g Man City..

grin grin

Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by lexy2014: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
Insectkiller:

I understood d angle u are coming from..

But, my point is dis write up shldnt have came up at all.. because there was NO curse...

It's baseless..It's a winning team.

If it's a team like arsenal, Wolverhampton, new castle and the likes.. You may really pin-point dis kind of article... Their lack of success could be related/attributed to under-performance of their striker..then, u can call it a curse for them..

But, in dis case, anyone can score..as long as they play interesting games and win games even thrashing big-big clubs e.g Real Madrid, Barcelona and stubborn clubs e.g AthletiCo Madrid, etc and up-coming clubs e.g Man City..

grin grin

Once again, d author of d article didn't dispute whether Chelsea is a winning or not neither did it juxtapose Chelsea with any other team. It only tried to look at d performances of d Chelsea players who dorned d number 9 jersey. I still don't see d relationship between what u said and d article
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by Insectkiller: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
lexy2014:

Once again, d author of d article didn't dispute whether Chelsea is a winning or not neither did it juxtapose Chelsea with any other team. It only tried to look at d performances of d Chelsea players who dorned d number 9 jersey. I still don't see d relationship between what u said and d article

Seems u don't get d politics in article writing..

After establishing the fact that an article shldnt have come up at all...

When u want to downplay an article, you purposely deviate completely from whatever written.

Pls note and respond not anymore.except u want to smile.

Thanks for acknowledging d success of the Chelsea FC of England...

Wins trophy (ies) every season

A particular team can't even remember when dey won a bottle of Trophy lager beer last.. grin

I didn't call any name neither do I say arsenal
Re: Can Lukaku End The 'curse' Of Chelsea's No.9 Shirt? by lexy2014: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
Insectkiller:

Seems u don't get d politics in article writing..

After establishing the fact that an article shldnt have come up at all...

When u want to downplay an article, you purposely deviate completely from whatever written.

Pls note and respond not anymore.except u want to smile.

Thanks for acknowledging d success of the Chelsea FC of England...

Wins trophy (ies) every season

A particular team can't even remember when dey won a bottle of Trophy lager beer last.. grin

Once again, d author of d article isn't disputing whether I get d politics of d article or not neither did d author talk about Chelsea winning trophies. D author only tried to look at d performances of d Chelsea players who dorned d number 9 jersey. I still don't see d relationship between what u said and d article

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Hotel Denies Offering Free Shelter To Morocco Earthquake Victims / Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos / Lionel Messi Wins Record Seventh Fifa Best Men's Player Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.