Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

I Want To Play God’s Role In A Movie- RMD - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Want To Play God’s Role In A Movie- RMD (337 Views)

“I Am Sorry” – Bolanle Ninalowo Makes Confession About His Role In Extraction 2 / RMD, Osita Iheme, AY Rock Matching Outfits To 'Christmas In Miami' Movie Premier / Nollywood Actors And Actresses That Always Play The Same Role In Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Play God’s Role In A Movie- RMD by Shehuyinka: 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
NIGERIAN Movie Star Richard Mofe-Damijo has expressed his desire to play the role of God in a movie.
He disclosed this in an interview on Arise Television while speaking on his career, which has lasted over 30 years, on Wednesday.

“I must play God; I missed the chance to play God. I want to play God, either his voice or play God in a movie,” he said.

READ ALSO:

Atiku, Fayemi harp on nation-building as book on Nigeria at 60 launches in Abuja

A former commissioner for culture and tourism in Delta State, Mofe- Damijo, said during the interview that he put extra effort into creating believable characters that would resonate with his audience.

“I usually like my characters to be relatable because the whole point of a movie or play is empathy. It is for people to be able to connect to it. And for you to have a connection, it has to be something that humanity or people can relate to,” he said.

While the actor desires to play God in a fantasy world, his sentiments seem to be shared by some others who have taken advantage of religion to assume the role of God in reality rather than wait for a movie script.

The need to lord over followers has often resulted in outright exploitation of worshippers in Nigeria under the guise of prophecies, signs and wonders.

Beyond exploitation of followers in the name of God, some pass judgment on errant worshippers as the consequence of their sins.

In 2007, a Christian religious leader Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, popularly known as Reverend King, was sentenced to death for the murder of one of his followers, Ann Uzoh.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/i-want-to-play-gods-role-in-a-movie-rmd/

Re: I Want To Play God’s Role In A Movie- RMD by Soulsymbol99: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hmmm, wan be Morgan freeman grin
Re: I Want To Play God’s Role In A Movie- RMD by Majestickris7: 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
Produce your own film na!

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Maria's Dream About Angel My Interpretation / Money Heist Season 5 (la Casa De Papel 5) / For Those Of You Who Watch Movies On Youtube, What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.