Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Was Paul Sexist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Paul Sexist? (946 Views)

Is Christianity Sexist ?? More than Islam? / Was Paul Actually Named By Allah As Evil? / Who Was Paul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
Paul said (addressing women):
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 1 Tim 2:9

Paul also said:
And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for it is just as if her head were shaved. 6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off. And if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7 A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man
From 1 Cor. 11

If Man = Glory of God
and Woman= Glory of Man

Does that mean a Man is greater than woman? or is this only in marriage?
How are these verses interpreted?

Agboriotejoye
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Aidejay(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
We forget that these prophets are HUMAN BEINGS. I suspect that at some point in his well celebrated wiritings baba just dey air Im opinion.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2021
Aidejay:
We forget that these prophets are HUMAN BEINGS. I suspect that at some point in his well celebrated wiritings baba just dey air Im opinion.

You think so?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by livingchrist: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 1 Tim 2:9

Paul also said:
And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for it is just as if her head were shaved. 6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off. And if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7 A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man
From 1 Cor. 11

If Man = Glory of God
and Woman= Glory of Man

Agboriotejoye
how is it sexist? Explain
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Aidejay(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

You think so?
yes.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Do you mind that scattered thinking evil soul?

How can an advice on reasonable and proper dressing be sexist?

Obviously, it takes an evil Muslim to think so.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Aidejay:
True.

We think that they are the "Holy Spirit" despite that the Holy Spirit is a human being, so we take their errors and personal opinion also as the Truth and Word of God.

This leads to confusion and complications as these, because such things (errors) did not come truly from God but from men.

God bless.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by livingchrist: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He just want to drag Christianity into the mud of islam.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
livingchrist:
He just want to drag Christianity into the mud of islam.

Not really.

It is rather because He now sees and knows and understands that God has completely rejected him personally and his practice of Mohammedism is also damned, therefore, he shall not be safe from the oncoming and impending Wrath of God.

Thus, because as the Day of The Lord Draweth nigh, he speaketh much blasphemies because of the loss of his soul, EXACTLY AS PROPHECIED!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Not really.

It is rather because He now sees and knows and understands that God has completely rejected him personally and his practice of Mohammedism is also damned, therefore, he shall not be safe from the oncoming and impending Wrath of God.

Thus, because as the Day of The Lord Draweth nigh, he speaketh much blasphemies because of the loss of his soul, EXACTLY AS PROPHECIED!

grin I am always amazed as the spirit dey lead you out of point.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Can you define sexism first?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2021
Am i also welcome or i should step back? smiley

AntiChristian:

Paul also said:
From 1 Cor. 11

If Man = Glory of God
and Woman= Glory of Man

Agboriotejoye
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And I'm not evil. I can invite your devilish Christian colleagues here and you'll see them vituperate their garbage as the spirit leads them.
My posts usually depict the bigotry of Christians against Islam. If your spirit no dey see am then it is blind!

Sexism is prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Christians are always saying Muslims men are these while Muslim women that so why will Paul say:

Man = Glory of God
and Woman= Glory of Man

Is Paul Sexist?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Paul also said:
From 1 Cor. 11

If Man = Glory of God
and Woman= Glory of Man

You know, for a man who reads the Bible a lot, you appear ignorant. Or should I say you're a true definition of what Paul meant when he said the letter kills because those who read it were ignorant of it. Now
1. Man is the glory of God: Genesis 1:26
Then God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,

2. Woman is the glory of man: Gen 2:21-23
The LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

Hope you understand now.

Here's my reply to you. It has nothing to do with who is greater or smaller. It has to do instead with the order or hierarchy of creation. That's what Paul was talking about. Besides, you didn't see Paul talk about flogging women or keeping them in purdah and not allowed to have an identity separate from their male relatives. That's the forte of your Mohammed where women are. He even kept them as sex slaves after marrying eleven of them!!
Then promised himself 72 in janaah "with an erection that never cease, orgasm after orgasm".
If women and perpetual sex are a man's reward for good behaviour in Janaah, pls tell what is a woman's reward or do they not have a place in janaah?

2 Likes

Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2021
No wonder he purposely mentioned your name! smiley

AntiChristian:

"Agboriotejoye"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i can't say anything better.

Thanks for the fine response. God bless you! smiley

Agboriotejoye:

You know, for a man who reads the Bible a lot, you appear ignorant. Or should I say you're a true definition of what Paul meant when he said the letter kills because those who read it were ignorant of it. Now

Hope you understand now.

Here's my reply to you. It has nothing to do with who is greater or smaller. It has to do instead with the order or hierarchy of creation. That's what Paul was talking about. Besides, you didn't see Paul talk about flogging women or keeping them in purdah and not allowed to have an identity separate from their male relatives. That's the forte of your Mohammed where women are. He even kept them as sex slaves after marrying eleven of them!!
Then promised himself 72 in janaah "with an erection that never cease, orgasm after orgasm".
If women and perpetual sex are a man's reward for good behaviour in Janaah, pls tell what is a woman's reward or do they not have a place in janaah?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
No wonder he purposely mentioned your name! smiley

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i can't say anything better.

Thanks for the fine response. God bless you! smiley

So you self subscribe to man=Glory of God and woman=Glory of man sexism? grin
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Please refute what he said about Islam and tell everyone what a faithful woman like Kadijat and Aisha will get as reward in heaven if only Muhammad (their husband) is entitled to numerous sex mates much prettier than them! smiley

AntiChristian:

So you self subscribe to man=Glory of God and woman=Glory of man sexism? grin
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Hope you understand now.

It's still the same thing!

Man was created from earth while a woman came from man!

This does not translate to Glory of God and Glory of man!

Both man and woman were created by God and both are different manifestations of God's glory!

As for the reward of women in Jannah, you can ask in a another thread you create for that!
And on your last paragraph, i'd ask you to prove who the sons of God in Genesis 6:6 were to crave for sex and come to earth to sleep with daughters od men? Why was Jesus not among them as the only begotten son of God?
Angels are not sons of God o!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please refute what he said about Islam and tell everyone what a faithful woman like Kadijat and Aisha will get as reward in heaven if only Muhammad (their husband) is entitled to numerous sex mates much prettier than them! smiley

grin Create your thread for that. I will definitely inform you all.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
Have you ever seen me open a thread about Muhammad?
There practically nothing to learn from him! smiley

AntiChristian:

grin Create your thread for that. I will definitely inform you all.

1 Like

Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

It's still the same thing!

Man was created from earth while a woman came from man!

[b]This does not translate to Glory of God and Glory of man!

Both man and woman were created by God and both are different manifestations of God's glory![/b]

As for the reward of women in Jannah, you can ask in a another thread you create for that!
And on your last paragraph, i'd ask you to prove who the sons of God in Genesis 6:6 were to crave for sex and come to earth to sleep with daughters od men? Why was Jesus not among them as the only begotten son of God?
Angels are not sons of God o!
Can you back this ur bolded submission up with the Quran?
I want to believe you're not interpreting the Bible. It will be an irony for someone who claims to be AntiChristian to do so.
Why can't you answer the question of the reward for women in this thread? Is it so heavy it demands a full thread on its own?
Gen 6:6?
Lol. You're funny. Answer the question on the place of women in jannah with relevant texts to back it up and I'll answer you sir.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Have you ever seen me open a thread about Muhammad?
There practically nothing to learn from him! smiley

Lobatan!! Dude is just clutching at straws.
There's no religion more sexist than Islam where men and women can't even pray together in same mosque!!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

There's no religion more sexist than Islam where men and women can't even pray together in same mosque!!

Imagine, crude oil calling frying pan, black.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by livingchrist: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Can you define sexism first?

so you dont know what sexism is, on what ground is your thread?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Women must become masquerades while men are free! undecided
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Women must become masquerades while men are free! undecided

On a different note... hey, Max, I know you put a lot of pictures out here (of baptisms and such).
How do you do that ?
I tried "insert image" but all it gives me is [img][/img].
And if I copy an image from somewhere else and try to "paste" it, it doesn't show.
Thanks for any help you can give !
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 6:20am On Aug 21, 2021
livingchrist:
so you dont know what sexism is, on what ground is your thread?

Asking you a question is to get a response from you. It doesn't tell you whether I Know or don't know what I asked.

What is sexism?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by livingchrist: 6:30am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Asking you a question is to get a response from you. It doesn't tell you whether I Know or don't know what I asked.

What is sexism?
Then why are you asking?
You are confused
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2021
livingchrist:
Then why are you asking?
You are confused

Chai! It is finished!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by DappaD: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2021
If Paul was sexist, why would he write a letter of commendation to appreciate the hard-work of at least SEVEN(7) zealous women? Romans 16:1-15
Or why would he attribute his companion’s progress in the faith to his mother and grandmother? 2Timothy 1:5, 3:15
Or why would he counsel Timothy his companion to treat older women as mothers and younger women as sisters if he didn’t value and respect women? 1Timothy 5:2

1 Like

Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Can you back this ur bolded submission up with the Quran?

O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an All­-Watcher over you.
Qur'an 4:1

I want to believe you're not interpreting the Bible. It will be an irony for someone who claims to be Anti Christian to do so.

grin Make I dey interpret your Bible? I can do that to show your hypocrisy. That doesn't mean I believe in any of it. Where is it written that the Bible is only for Christians to quote?

Why can't you answer the question of the reward for women in this thread? Is it so heavy it demands a full thread on its own?
Gen 6:6?

Lol. You're funny. Answer the question on the place of women in jannah with relevant texts to back it up and I'll answer you sir.

Same reason you can't answer the question on Gen 6:6 with proofs. It is outside the scope of this thread!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2021
DappaD:
If Paul was sexist, why would he write a letter of commendation to appreciate the hard-work of at least SEVEN(7) zealous women? Romans 16:1-15
Or why would he attribute his companion’s progress in the faith to his mother and grandmother? 2Timothy 1:5, 3:15
Or why would he counsel Timothy his companion to treat older women as mothers and younger women as sisters if he didn’t value and respect women? 1Timothy 5:2

This your answer is somehow illogical!

A thief can still be a good person in other ways. If he is questioned on the case of theft will he say i agree to theft but i did lots of charity at so and so places which is a lot more that i had stole?

Explain the verses quoted in the OP as it related to sexism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VATICAN Requires Travellers To Present COVID-19 Pass From October 1 / Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin? What Does The Bible Say? / The Church And Politics :knowing And Understanding The Mind Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.